AF needs funding again

Photo

Tiny Singer Wins Heart of Nation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 francesca

francesca

Retired AF Global Minister

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11454 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

CRIENGLISH

Related News : Beijing Olympics: Faking scandal over girl who 'sang' in opening ceremony

Lin Miaoke might be only 9 years old, but she is already well on her way to becoming a star, thanks to her heartwarming performance of Ode to the Motherland at Friday's opening ceremony for the Beijing Olympics.

"She is delightful," Atul Dalakoti, executive director of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, told China Daily yesterday in Beijing.

Lin's performance was so charming that even Zhang Yimou, who directed the ceremony, was impressed, her mother Liu Zheping said.

The third-grader at Xizhongjie primary school in Beijing's Dongcheng district got her first taste of celebrity at the age of 6, when she appeared in a television advertisement with actress Zhao Wei, news website Enorth.com.cn said.

Last year, she appeared in a TV ad with reigning Olympic champion hurdler Liu Xiang, and shortly before this year's Spring Festival featured in an advertisement for the Beijing Olympics.

Despite her experience, however, Lin was not an automatic choice for the Bird's Nest show.

In April, she and thousands of other talented tots took part in auditions for the parts of the 56 children who accompanied the national flag into the stadium.

Lin's father Lin Hui, who works as a photojournalist at Beijing's Legal Evening News, said he was not that confident about his daughter's chances until June, when he was told she had made it into the final four.

He then found out she would be singing the lead just 15 minutes before the opening ceremony began, he said.

The 9-year-old songbird said she was thrilled to be part of Friday night's performance, mostly "because I felt so beautiful in my red dress", she told China Daily yesterday.

Lin Hui said he still cannot believe his daughter has become an international singing sensation.

She already has fans all over the country, just three days after her performance, he said.

And it seems her fame is not limited to Chinese mainland. On Saturday, she appeared on the cover of the New York Times.

"But it is too early for Miaoke to be part of the world of entertainment," Lin Hui said.

"As her parents we have to make sure she gets a good education first," he said, adding that the youngster would soon be returning to school.

#2 strawberry_hit

strawberry_hit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

she's very cute and pretty. but her performance is quiet stiff and she seems freaked out. did she lipsync? if not then it's not a bad performance for a 9 year old. but then again, she made it all up cause she's adorable.

#3 ♥ 千嬅 ♥

♥ 千嬅 ♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:04 PM

She didn't lipsync, because there's a delay with the satteliet it looks like she lipsynced

#4 jayvielle

jayvielle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:47 PM

Actually, she WAS lipsyncing, and in fact, to a voice that wasn't even hers at all. Apparently, the real singer is a 7 year old girl named Yang Peiyi, who was sadly removed from the ceremony because she wasn't "cute" enough and has a chubby face and buckteeth. Ceremony officials have already admitted this, along with the fact that those scenes of the fireworks footprints passing through Beijing were prerecorded, digitally enhanced, and inserted into footage across the world. It's true...I did a quick search online and came across many sites citing the same info.

Link

#5 Woow_Niggzy_XiahLove

Woow_Niggzy_XiahLove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:25 PM

Ommg i heard she was a fake, heard she was lipsyncing
Dogulita posted it in her page, dogulita.wordpress. com

Edited by Woow_Niggzy_XiahLove, 12 August 2008 - 02:26 PM.

#6 waichang

waichang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1851 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

wow.... i just cant believe this.... can this really happen... that's kinda sucks..

Edited by waichang, 12 August 2008 - 02:49 PM.

#7 .jaevia

.jaevia

power of nine ★

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4715 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

i thought she was really great. and to be selected out of the thousands to sing infront of so many, is def. something to be proud of.

i dont really think she lip sync, it would be a bad image for china, and i dont think china would allow it.

#8 qwerty

qwerty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

As it has been said. She WAS lipsynching. Chinese officials said that they wanted the show to be perfect and the supposed ugly girl was therefore not chosen. Look it up on CNN, BCC or whatever if you don't believe me. They'll tell you the same.

#9 dinmao

dinmao

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

^ Yea, sadly, what the above posters said is true, she was in fact lip synching to another kid's voice. I came across the news article on ninemsn, asianfanatics doesn't allow me to post links but it's easy to search up anyway.

"Pigtailed Lin Miaoke was selected to appear because of her cute appearance and did not sing a note, Chen Qigang, the general music designer of the ceremony, said in an interview with a state broadcaster aired Tuesday.

But Chen said the girl whose voice was actually heard by the 91,000 capacity crowd at the Olympic stadium during the spectacular ceremony was in fact seven-year-old Yang Peiyi, who has a chubby face and uneven teeth.

"The reason why little Yang was not chosen to appear was because we wanted to project the right image, we were thinking about what was best for the nation," Chen said in an interview that appeared briefly on the news website Sina.com before it was apparently wiped from the Internet in China."

Edited by dinmao, 12 August 2008 - 03:59 PM.

#10 ♥ 千嬅 ♥

♥ 千嬅 ♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

I can't believe they let this kid appear because of her 'cuteness' :shock

#11 Moonlight_Shine

Moonlight_Shine

Spread the Love =] <3

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Oh that is quite upsetting..
I wonder how that 7 year old little girl felt knowing that her voice were heard by many but the limelight wasn't on her but on little Lin Miaoke because she's a cuter face? She was chubby and had uneven teeth so she couldn't be shown? It makes her sound like she's a monster of some sort. I think the little kid looks rather cute in that link that's posted in the above and the need for perfect went a bit too far.

#12 litoxally

litoxally

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

oooo wow it's realli true about the lip synching??? that's realli unbelievable...... but hey she is cute... she will grow up as a big star

#13 MeJustYou

MeJustYou

5201314 ~ ♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2290 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

aww mann they really should have let the girl who -actually- sang up on stage... i mean i know they were trying to put across a good image by having this cute little girl up there lip syncing but the consequences of this once everyone has found out is just gonna put across a bad image -.- a cute chubby faced girl would have been cuter jeez.. so judgemental nowadays =( i feel sorry for that 7 yr old girl.. hopefully no one actually told her the reason she couldn't go up and sing herself. aii so harsh >_<

#14 ipanemagirl

ipanemagirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

oh my. this is so wrong? like they did all the big hooha to make it perfect and then admit it?? like what?? now the poor kids.. the one who sang and the one who "performed" become so pitiful cause everyone would know about it.. that the one who can sing don't look good.. and the one who can't sing look good and they "diao bao".. this is soo wrong. why cant the one who doesn't look good sing? and how can they get a replacement and deceive the millions of ppl watching the Olympics like that?

#15 Kelsx

Kelsx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

Yep lipsynching... i was shocked.. also was there a lower turn out for the Beijing Olympics? as apparently many arenas are empty.

China has employed people to fill up the space, to increase the "good atmosphere" and when there are people with actual tickets, the seats will be given. I really wanted to go this year, seeing as I'm Chinese and its in Beijing and of course to see PHELPS!! lol, but many people told me that they weren't going because it would be suffocating with too many people. It seems like it wasn't then... just now seeing the basketball with Argentina against Australia, there is hardly anyone in the arena. I wish I went now then!!

Edited by Kelsx, 12 August 2008 - 05:08 PM.

#16 haptnerc

haptnerc

??

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2192 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

eh?? the little girl was lip synching!? gaah, no wonder the voice didn't sound like her. lol. but if it was her, it was really good for a little kid! haha..but if it was the other little girl singing, how could they not let her perform because she wasn't cute enough?? T_T every little kid as a cuteness in them..they should have let her perform if she was the one singing!!

#17 tdrama*addict

tdrama*addict

AF Official Translator

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

the girl's so cute.. i wouldn't blame it on the girl..i mean it was china's decision after all. so i wouldnt blame the girl..i mean she was in advertisements long before the olympics opening...so she wasnt really known for her voice..but more the cute image she has.

#18 Lina00

Lina00

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

I heard from yahoo site Regarding her singing that she is a fake...she lipsynch from a tape-recorder because the actually singer is not the idea image that they want to portray/represent China...which is wrong in their doing because this girl is taking all the credit for someone else work...

#19 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 9825 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

I wonder what would the poor girl think when she heard of this. Seriously, just over the "buck teeth" and she's out and replaced by a kid.... who's famous? Whether she has buck teeth or not she's still a China citizen. LIKE OMGWTH is going at the back of their minds?

#20 scribblestars

scribblestars

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

even though this girl was cute and China was trying to give them a good image, they shouldve let the other girl even if she was chubby and didnt have good teeth cos she was the one who was singing adn they shouldnt let the other girl take her credit. now that ppl have found out, this is giving them a bad image

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Wow she's going to get fame off another girl's talent :( That REALLY sucks.

#22 LilDuckiez

LilDuckiez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

too bad that she lipsynct the whole song. its kinda dissappointing to know that she got fame off of another person.

#23 ♥hippo-holic♥

♥hippo-holic♥

-certified Seomate-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5474 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:42 AM

i saw on CNN news today the girl lipsynched.

#24 LadyYuina

LadyYuina

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

She may be cute, but the actual singer should have been the one on stage, whether she was uglier or whatever. What a way to give someone else credit, and not make it sound as bad... -.-

#25 Kopiiez

Kopiiez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:04 AM

She actually was Lip-synching.
The realy singer was a 7 year old.
But oh shallow China didn't let her perform because of her "buck teeth" or something.

#26 Annie_Jeh

Annie_Jeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:08 AM

i was so surprised when i found out she was lipsyncing to another girl because the original girl wasn't cute enough. i was watching CNN and heard a recording of director zhang and he was cussed (he said "他妈的") and exclaimed how ugly the child was. that was just wayyyy harsh

#27 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 9825 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Annie_Jeh @ Aug 14 2008 9 08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was so surprised when i found out she was lipsyncing to another girl because the original girl wasn't cute enough. i was watching CNN and heard a recording of director zhang and he was cussed (he said "他妈的") and exclaimed how ugly the child was. that was just wayyyy harsh

Really? Oh my. I can't imagine the poor girl having to grow up with the "fact" that she's ugly. Do they not think of the consequences that might happen to the girl or her family? Oh yes, I forgot. People are generally selfish, self-centered, shallow and would do anything to make the Olympics a success. I actually read a lot of articles regarding all the actions taken by the government before the Olympics even started. Some of them were really unnecessary and they still did it anyway.

Edited by Kazenouta, 14 August 2008 - 06:09 AM.