AF needs funding again

Photo

[TVB] Born Rich 富貴門

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1798 replies to this topic

#41 aerial

aerial

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:47 AM

aww hope kenix joins!
i loved the two in ATE..

#42 「kahing ♥」

「kahing ♥」

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:52 AM

Eek~

Hopefully Kenix will be confirmed! I really miss her in TVB series! Too bad Flora is busy, it would totally be an ATE reunion! I rewatched ATEII the other day, amazing!

#43 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7002 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

Ray and Jamie hasn't filmed since snowy Mountain, it will be such a nice pairing and on top please Kenix paired with Gallen.

ps. I did read on Kenix's bbs that she might be filming with TVB.

Edited by FantasyMania, 01 August 2008 - 01:06 PM.

#44 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

TVB: No Drama on Kwok Brothers

Source: Wen Wei Po, The Standard

Responding to earlier rumors regarding the upcoming 40-episode drama, TVB spoke-person has clarified that the story line, though dealing with real estate tycoons, will be purely fictional and written by TVB own script-writer(s).

No story on the Kwok brothers and their family saga, TVB stressed.

Earlier rumors had Gallen to play the role of Thomas Kwok, the second son of the late HK tycoon Kwok Tak Seng, while Ray Lui to play the eldest son Walter and Jamie Chik his love interest.

Gallen reportedly said that he had yet learned anything from producer Leung regarding the script. Gallen, however, shared that he’d met Thomas Kwok at one point when the former was working as a fireman.

The three Kwok brothers - Walter, Thomas, and Raymond - inherited Sun Hung Kai Properties from their father. They are the third wealthiest people in HK, after Li Ka Shing and Lee Shau Kee.

Credits: http://gallenharbour...-kwok-brothers/

#45 chinoischick

chinoischick

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

I think they are building this series around Gallen. I personally think it would be great if they can pair him with jessica. I don't think Kenix will be in this becase she doesn't have a contract with TVB anymore. There isn't that many actresses that can be at Gallen's match. How about Melissa Ng? Or Christine Ng? I know they aren't as big of a star as some of the other younger girls, but I think that having a suitable age match for Gallen will be so much better. Yoyo or Charmaine might be really good matches too.

#46 WimpyKid

WimpyKid

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:16 AM

Char will have another series in October so i dont think she will be in this project.
Yoyo is ok, but not a best match. i m thinking about Gigi, she s free now and she said she may be back next year. in fact, with in TVB actresses right now, i dont see anyone match with Gallen like Kenix or Jessica or Maggie before

Edited by star2010, 09 August 2008 - 01:46 PM.

#47 kelly24

kelly24

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

I think Gallen is still carefully selecting who will be the most suitable female lead for him. I think either Flora or Jessica will be the perfect match.

#48 peacex

peacex

lil xibi <3

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:05 AM

its great to have gallen back filming a tvb series! let this be true!

#49 bakzhang

bakzhang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

jamie chik?! She hasn't acted for a looong time. Don't know how she will perform, lets see if she'll be like 'siu long loi' ( gu gu).

#50 tinley

tinley

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:28 PM

OMG gallen lo again !!! and there will be kenix =) it seems to be a good cast ! can't wait to see then...

#51 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:33 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Source: The Sun
Translated by: kingkongit27 @ http://asianuniverse.net

Kenik Kwok will film TVB's new epic series, stated all earlier rumors are meaningless

Since Kenix Kwok had lost out in receiving TVB's "Best Actress" award there had been numerous rumors claiming that her relationship with TVB had changed and she was also removed from casting in "A Pillow Case of Mystery II". Due to not liking how TVB treated her she accepted an interview for i-cable's channel. But it seemed that these rumors were untrue because Kenix has been officially casted in TVB's new epic series and will be heavily promoted.

TVB will start filming a new 40 episode series in November. The main leads will not involve any new actors or actresses. Rather inviting back veteran artistes such as Gallen Lo, Kenix Kwok, Ray Lui Leung Wai and Jamie Chik (Michael Miu's real wife) and many more. TVB hope's that the more experienced actors acting and storyline will attract the audience. Anita Yuen may also be casted in the series.

Kenix accepted a long distance call and admitted that she had accepted to film TVB's new epic series. She said "All the rumors earlier were not true and I do not need to clarify anything. When people hear that I am filming for TVB again it proves that earlier rumors were meaningless." She stresses that she hasn't filmed a series for 2 years and her relationship is still good with TVB. She was just hoping for a good storyline and stated that she had finally found one. Not only did the storyline appeal to her but also TVB executives Virginia Lok and Ngau Koon Ying had invited her to film the series. They also increased her salary making her very touched.

The reporter also asked Anita Yuen who is currently taking a break about the new series, she replied " I'm not sure, I have to look at the script and the requirements. I also have to see how my dieting is going because many people said I looked fat in (Love Exchange)".

#52 tidusquall

tidusquall

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

After hearing Kenix has been confirmed, this series will be great with all the veteren actors!

#53 FantasyMania

FantasyMania

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7002 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

I m over excited that Kenix will be in this series, hope this is true, there are a strong cast, I am very happy.

#54 kenji1234

kenji1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

I am so happy Kenix is in this. I really miss her series!!! I hope she has a lot of scenes with Gallen!!!

#55 joyce20176

joyce20176

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:41 AM

So happy to hear this news, glad that Kenix take part in this series, love the casts!!! I hope Anita can be in it too.

#56 dubz

dubz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

Wow, the pending cast has so many "veteran" actors. Pretty much the whole main cast. Never really expected Ray Lui to come back, although he did appear at the anniversary show last year. So did Kathy, wonder if she's coming back also.

#57 tvbfanzforever

tvbfanzforever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

kathy is already back at TVb clapclap ... she is appearing in a few series which are undergoing filming.

anyone know the synopsis of this production?

#58 akaime

akaime

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:27 AM

i'm really excited to know gallen is confirmed for this series. watched him in his comeback for "when a dog loves a cat" - honestly have to say i was disappointed in the series, so hoping this series would be better.

Edited by akaime, 31 August 2008 - 02:36 AM.

#59 Rabbit Monster

Rabbit Monster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:58 AM

i'm really excited to know gallen is confirmed for this series. watched him in his comeback for "when a dog loves a cat" - honestly have to say i was disappointed in the series, so hoping this series would be better.

agree, gallen and myo just doesnt match + plot was draging and not interesting at all!

hope gallen kenix bond will be better.

#60 NetDragonC

NetDragonC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:41 PM

Good to hear that Gallen is back with TVB, hopefully the series will get much better now :)

#61 clooney_girl06

clooney_girl06

R.I.P Michael Jackson

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1558 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

i as so happy because this is the best cast news i've heard since The Drive of life! i can't Wait for Ray, i was so diapointed when Ray, Kenix etc. wasn't in BF3, now that Ray and Jamie is confirmed in this and Gallon! i'm so happy i can't even talk!

#62 NetDragonC

NetDragonC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

"Drive of life" was such a huge disappointment, the storyline was just stupid and falling apart on several occasions. Right now I'm watching At the threshold of an era, although not quite good, it is much better than Drive of life. Hope this new grand production has a solid storyline.

#63 Collie

Collie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

The producer is Toby' dad. she might be in the series.

#64 uptowngirl

uptowngirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:12 PM

That's excellent. I always wanted to watch a top-quality series with my favorite veteran actors/actresses. I think it would be excellent with all these experienced actors coming back. But I really hope that they won't add inexperienced new actors because no offense, they can't really act no matter what I hear about the praises they get. I don't really mind adding Tavia or Raymond/Bosco into it (think they went to acting school?), but the other ones from the *newer* generation don't know how to act :thumbdown and they would probably drag the storyline. That's just my wishful thinking with all the favourtism going around TVB nowadays.

#65 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4865 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:11 AM

Kenix has said that filming will start in Nov. Her character is going to be in a triangle with Ray Lui & Jamie Chik. I thought it was going to be Kenix & Gallen! Anyway, really hope Anita confirms :D

#66 jensseng

jensseng

i'm a jaywalker.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2528 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 05:44 AM

This will be one serie I'm looking forward to! No younger actors and actresses but the veterans! And it's Gallen and Kenix! i can't wait for it! :D

#67 fly_dance

fly_dance

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

Looking fwd to tis badly. Missed those veterans, it's such a good time watching those old dramas. Cant deny that the new blood has a long way to go. Even to me Bosco and Raymond may be ok but their performance is still not too stable, at times I find them good and sometimes I find them lack of focus. Bosco in War of in-laws 2 was obviously wasnt paying his 100% work. Tavia is good and I think she's one of most talented among the new fa-dans. Thou many had reminded me that Tavia isnt new. Of course, the new ones like Linda, Kate, Fala, Bernice, they are still lacking in many areas.

Edited by fly_dance, 17 September 2008 - 09:56 AM.

#68 ptmt

ptmt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

Is Gigi also a part of this series?

#69 hermidude

hermidude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:32 AM

THere is news that Virginia Lok has personally invited Gigi to film this series....How tru? I don't know. Could be gossip. WOuld have to wait until costume fitting to know or Gigi's acknowledgement.

#70 Guest_daydreamgirl_*

Guest_daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:05 AM

It seem that Kenix is acting as supporting female role in the series and Gallen, Ray, Jamie and Anita are the main lead in the drama.

#71 wChaU1

wChaU1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1425 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:58 AM

Just confirmed added to the cast: Micheal Tao, Nancy Sit, Sunny Chan, and Geoffrey Wong

#72 lilthuggie

lilthuggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

:shocked: So many interesting names! This is gonna be an awesome series ... so many great vets!!! ... Man, can't wait to see the rest of the storyline and cast ... :)

#73 insanity1903

insanity1903

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:19 AM

why this series has so many "comeback" artists... no young ones ???

#74 tvbfanzforever

tvbfanzforever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

glad to see michael tao and sunny added to cast!

Who is Geoffrey wong???

#75 Guest_daydreamgirl_*

Guest_daydreamgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:40 AM

wChau1
I find Nancy Sit, Vincent Wong and Sunny Chan are on the list from the Chinese Wikipedia site which doesn't have Michael Tao and Geoffrey Wong.

#76 earth2eternity

earth2eternity

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

Michael and Geoffrey :D?
I really hope they do join the cast. I'd love to see them both!

#77 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 12:47 AM

Posted Image

Gallen Lo and Anita Yuen to Film Rape Scene - Too Bold for TV?

Source: People CN
Photo: on.cc

The tentative title for TVB upcoming 40-episode grand production is now changed to 金钱诱罪 (The Crime-Inducing Effect of Money, lit.). Filming is to begin mid November.

Gallen Lo Ka Leung was seen at TVB City earlier, working on the drama’s sale presentation clip. While Gallen was absolutely tight-lipped about his character, producer Chong Wai Kin excitedly talked about the cast and how they had successfully convinced veterans such as Ray Lui Leung Wai and Jamie Chik Mei Chun to “descend the mountain”. He was also quite excited about a rape scene that involves Gallen Lo and Anita Yuen. The two stars did not oppose the idea. “It may sound a little too daring,” said Chong, “but it will certainly be kept within television limit.”

“Leng Leng” Anita Yuen earlier in “Love Exchange” exchanged not even a kiss with “boyfriend” Miu Kiu Wai. For her to now willing to sacrifice all the way, the charm of the newly divorced man must be quite irresistible. Being phone interviewed by reporter yesterday (Oct 5th), husband Julian Cheung Chi Lam said about his wife filming a rape scene as “very exciting!” “For this kind of drama, if you don’t stir things up, it will not be attractive!”

Gallen said he won’t be worried about the scene affecting his image. He believes the scene will be arranged reasonably. Smilingly, Gallen added that “(Since) Leng Leng is willing, I’ll be very much looking forward to it! The script is one thing, but I suppose it isn’t just simply a rape scene, but human nature which exhibits true color in time of conflict.”

Credits: Gallen Harbour

#78 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

I think Joe Ma is also going to be part of this production. Because on a news article today, it mentioned that Jamie, Anita, and Joe went to film for the sale's presentation or something like that.

Here's the link for the article (it's in Chinese)

http://ol.mingpao.co.../saa01/mcd1.txt

#79 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

Credits: Matchbox @ mediachamber Forums

Jamie Chik regains 110 pounds and is ready for work

Posted Image

Jamie Chik (Michael Miu's wife) who left the entertainment circle 18 years ago recently announced she was to return. Yesterday, she appeared for the first time at TVB City in Tseung Kwan O with Anita Yuen, Joe Ma to start shooting for the TVB presentation for the new TVB grand production series (The Golden Family). Jamie said with a smile that she was very excited before the filming even started. In addition she had continuously been keeping fit for the last 2 years. Now she has regained her past figure and weighs 110 Pounds, her self confidence has boosted and she can now look her best. The reporter asked if husband Michael Miu will be at the shooting? She said "I am unsure, he has work today but he did remind me which areas I need to focus on".

#80 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:58 PM

Ray Lui enters make-up room, gives Kathy Chow a Kiss & Hug

Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AEU

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Nearly 19 years of absences from TVB, Ray Lui finally come sback out to film series, near the end of November he'll be filming a new series with Gallen Lo, Anita Yeun, Jamie Chik and many more in a 40 episode series "Gold Rich" 《金錢誘罪》, last night Ray entered TV City to film the sales presentation for the series.

Ray entered the make-up room, he first went to give his wife (in the series) Jamie Chik a hug, then he went to give rumored ex-wife Kathy Chow a hug and a kiss on the cheek, seems to be quite intimate. Kathy was a bit surprised by the hug. Ray said that last year he saw Kathy at the awards ceremony, felt that she has kept her appearence well. Ray said that filming for TVB again, because he had dinner with Miss Fong the other night, she asked him if he forgot that there is no money? Ray said that he's only waiting for the orders now, afterwards Stephan Chan said that he will do the planning, this time Producer made Ray a new look, in which he is looking forward into seeing.