• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 cmiley

cmiley

AF Official Translator

• News Crew
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Mingdao photographed for a magazine "Blessings for the disaster victims of Sichuan", asking everyone to continue caring for the disaster area. Ethan starring in "Fated to Love You", even Mingdao complimented him with good acting.

Source: UDN
Translated by Cmiley (Please credit or link if this is posted elsewhere)

"Fated to Love You" is hot, with male lead Ethan Ruan (Ji Cun Xi) Mingdao loosing this role, does he regret? Currently in mainland China participating in the disaster functions expresses mannerly: "Xiao Tian acts better than I, many have said we look similar, I hope later we'll have a chance to work together."

Mingdao and Joe Chen Qiao En originally with "Prince Turns Into a Frog" became the most popular couple, off screen electricity between the two were rumoured. Before "Fated to Love You" started filming, preferred was still the two of them, but at that time Mingdao and SETTV were not in good terms, the reason was during filming of "Ying Ye 3+1", regardless of salary or treatment, the TV station made him feel he's just "an employee", so he left annoyed, and went to film Ke Yi-Qin's "Secretly Falling In Love With You"

Mingdao didn't film, SETTV had to find another male for Joe Chen Qiao; it was Ethan Ruan. Interestingly Ethan with his thick brows, height both look similar to Mingdao, in one of the bed scene pictures kissing, his body was over Joe's body, after the newspaper had posted it, even Mingdao said to himself: "How come it looks so much like me?"

The drama "Fated" once started was not looked well, after broadcast it darted to the sky, lately it even broke originally Mingdao and Joe's "Prince" record, many people think, this time Mingdao has used the wrong move. But Mingdao says he doesn't regret, after looking at it closely, even said Xiao Tian has acted better than him, and the one stuck in the middle Joe Qiao En, once knowing that the ratings broke new record, the first person sharing the news was also Mingdao.

Mingdao for the good, lately has been in the mainland focussing on the disaster area charity functions. He orignally was to go to Beijing to film "Dream Heaven", after the disaster function for Sichuan, the filming has been delayed, he also didn't go back to Taiwan, decided to stay locally to help out. Just with the Anhui province disaster banquet, he personally donated $200,000 Renmenbi, and represented Jungiery Star in also donating $100,000 Renmenbi.

#2 triangel

triangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:11 AM

that's right they both look alike a lot. sometimes, it still makes me confused lool
ethan does a very good job in the series, hope can see more series with hilm !

#3 eiz

eiz

♫ ♥...♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2458 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

haha so true.. MD and ethan looks the same in certain angles..

i heard that FTLY was offered before to MD..but what i know is that the lead female was not yet QE that time..when they chose Qe to be Xy, MD has already turned down the offer and accepted another drama..

#4 kitkatz23

kitkatz23

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

Well...I don't know how it would turn out if Mingdao accepted the leading male part.

As much as I liked him in WZBQW, I for one am happy that Ethan got the role instead. Ethan has more of a boyish look and charm about him that suits this role perfectly. Anyone who's watched the series will know that Ji Chunxi acts like a child a lot of the times...he's so sweet on Xinyi one moment...then yells at her the next, and does things without thinking of consequences.

#5 irrationally adept

irrationally adept

<3 Jeanette Aw

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:43 AM

i think Ethan really suits this role perfectly. agree that he has a boyish look and his actions can be childish at times. as much as i like Mingen's onscreen chemistry, i think there should be new pairing and tianen's chemistry is good as well. and it is a correct move to give it to Ethan since i think he is doing a good job now.

#6 tony_y2k5

tony_y2k5

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1821 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

yes i think those two do look similar, but Ming Dao is darker more manly while Ethan is more pretty boy. Neverless they're both HOT!. I heard Ethan and Ming Dao are buddies anyway, so i'm sure there won't be any grudges as you wish your friends well. Good on Ming Dao for putting his money where his mouth is and helping out victims of the earthquake as well as donating money!

#7 doraemon♡JAY

doraemon♡JAY

无与伦比 <33

• Forum Crew
  • 4993 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

ohoh wouldnt it be interesting if the three of them were all in a drama together!
starring a love triangle!!
wow wow
i dont know who i would go for!
both couples look really nice and have loads of chemistry haha

but yup i think ethan suits this role and MD suited PTF & YYSJS!
hehe stink that MD and SETTV werent on good terms. didnt know about that lol~
yeah they really do look alike! when i first watched FTLY i was like holycrap! >< and esp since its with QE too! haha
yeah but i think in terms of everything else they're quite different,, which is good!

#8 engin

engin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

wait, why didn't i know anything about that :S did he left jstar? don't get a tiny bit of it. someone explains?

well i am a mingen fan so i still prefer ming dao in FTLY, but i still love the drama though. quite good

#9 Kuya4307

Kuya4307

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

MD didnt leave Jstar did he?

so im confused...is the article saying that Ethan is a mere replacement of MD??? so originally they wanted MD? well anyway thank god no...as much as i love MingEn...if they collaborate too much it will get boring.

#10 Cherie

Cherie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

they definitely do look a lot alike. but ethan is more cute, while mingdao has a more sophisticated flair to him. but i don't think mingdao could've acted the role as cute as ethan is. he would've suited the role more, bc i think that ethan looks like he's 17 >.< cunxi is supposed to be more mature, and in charge of a whole company. i don't get that from ethan. but ethans still wayy cuter lol.

#11 engin

engin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

i read somewhere that cun xi supposed to be cold hearted but i don't find cunxi is cold hearted, ethan act it like a immature boy. but yeah he is a little cute.

Edited by engin, 29 May 2008 - 06:46 PM.

#12 Sandy5354

Sandy5354

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

hmm i preferred mingdao.. cuz I love mingdao!!:P and mingen ofc..

Actually it think mingdao also act better than Ethan.. ( not becoz i love md..)

#13 xoxosweetheart

xoxosweetheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

I actually would prefer MingDao over Ethan but yet again, it's not a bad thing to see fresh new pairings.

#14 love*Samantha

love*Samantha

QiaoEn Fanatic

• Members+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2483 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

Well...I don't know how it would turn out if Mingdao accepted the leading male part.

I agree. A major reason why the ratings are so high is that viewers love to see the interaction between Ethan & QiaoEn (and their collaboration, of course).

Honestly, I'm glad this role went to Ethan and not MD. MingEn chemistry is undeniably superb, but I feel that if I (and viewers in general) see too much of MingEn, I (we) would start to feel very ehh about it. And I find that Ethan more suitable for the role anyway. TianEn chemistry is also superb, btw. <3

I just hope the media won't keep making a big deal about this. One article would be enough, really. Soon there are going to be articles out about MD + Ethan not getting along or something. <_<

Edited by love*Samantha, 29 May 2008 - 10:35 PM.

#15 chinesegirl0301

chinesegirl0301

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:43 AM

In my point of view, I think Mingdao and Ethan do look alike. But md's acting seem to be better than Ethan.
As for the movie's pairing (FTLY), I feel bad for mingen did not have a chance to film with each other again. But, I think Ethan and QiaoEn were not bad after all (I sort of like it too). At least they are fresh couple.

Edited by chinesegirl0301, 30 May 2008 - 01:44 AM.

#16 sweetbub

sweetbub

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1607 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

i agree tat Ethan and Ming Dao sometimes do look alike....at certain angles in FTLY, i feel like it was really Ming Dao acting with Joe....however, i think Ethan and Joe have great chemistry onscreen....i personally prefer to watch Ethan with Joe in this drama than Ming Dao...

#17 minimin

minimin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:34 AM

Mien the first time I saw Ethan I thought he look so creepingly like Mingdao! Just WTH how can they look so alike in some angles? Oh wells, but Ethan is so much hotter. I'm sorry Mingdao, but it's true... well and also my opinion of course. Haha.

#18 w1nt3Rg@Rd3n

w1nt3Rg@Rd3n

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:19 AM

well im a fan of Ming Dao and Chen Qiao En but i guess its goo that they arent filming a drama together.. i mean some ppl may be tired of seeing them together.. and Sam WENG always has to loose to Ming Dao.. lol.. in like the dramas where they act together lol... but i think Ming Dao is doing a good deed here...^^

#19 eiz

eiz

♫ ♥...♥

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2458 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Kuya4307 @ May 29 2008 10 52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MD didnt leave Jstar did he?

so im confused...is the article saying that Ethan is a mere replacement of MD??? so originally they wanted MD? well anyway thank god no...as much as i love MingEn...if they collaborate too much it will get boring.

MD is still part of j-star..

there were news before that they really want MD to be the male lead..but i don't think during that time..QE is already female lead.. there were also news before that QE is supposed to be doing another drama..

#20 brianq

brianq

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

Yeah, I totally agree that they both look alike, but I think Ethan is cuter since I watched most of the "Fated to love you" eps, not only his smiling was so childish and cute, and Ethan and the co-female lead "Anna " matched better the main female lead, I personally think their heights are match and they both good loooking too, so Qiao En could be with MingDao. haa, these two couples could be a real off screen in the future, we never know, haa

#21 Freya Rin Ryuusei

Freya Rin Ryuusei

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

I agree that qiaoen and mingdao are the best couple but i am glad that ethan got the role. I cant imagine mingdao doing all the silly things in the show, his face is too serious for it XD as for ethan, after summer x summer, I think he really suit to be cunxi, who is sometimes serious and sometimes cute. his acting is great too, since green forest my home, I cant stop thinking about him suppose to be a lead. oh and, they really look alike from certain angles XD

#22 dramaville

dramaville

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

why are mingdao and set at odds? i mean why did set treat mingdao as a mere "employee"? seriously i think it's the wrong career move for mingdao to accept a 2nd lead role in quietly loving you. but mingdao's acting is so good. he might rise above dylan.

#23 meemo1031

meemo1031

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

mingdao did end up in a scene for fated to love you, i saw a clip where he switched with ethan during a dancing scene. it was hilarious.

#24 dreami_babe

dreami_babe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

i think Ethan is doing a great job in his role in Fated to love you coz he got that meanie look suited for his character, no-one knows how it would have turned out if mingdao acted out the role instead. Still i think both are really good actors.

#25 ttlexi

ttlexi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

now that u mentioned, they do looked alike in ways :D i didn't ethan got his role in fated to love u like that lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users