• PipPipPipPip
  • 2595 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:43 AM

eCentral

Versatile actor
Friday December 22, 2006
By Noorsila Abd Majid

Posted Image

When you talk to Chow Yun-fat, you don’t feel that he’s an international movie star. He has no airs, no attitude and no ego to flaunt. Punctuating every sentence with highly contagious laughter, the youthful 51-year-old is extremely affable, down-to-earth and lovable.

Naturally a joker, Chow teases every journalist who fires questions at him during this fun-filled press conference for his latest outing, Curse of the Golden Flower, held at the Shangri-la hotel in Singapore recently.

While he flatters a Dalian female reporter by saying that every girl from that Chinese city (famous for producing some of the top catwalk models in China) are pretty, he makes yours truly blush by asking the entire hall to applaud my impressive Chinese language skills.

Not even a probing question on his flopped Hollywood career can upset this livewire.

“Every actor will have to go through the process (of making good films and bad films),” he reasons. “But I feel good about all my films. Ten years in Hollywood isn’t a long time for me. You need time and good script to build your acting. I believe that I still have the time to take on the roles that I like in Hollywood.”

Stressing that his type of roles do not have to be major roles in big-budget movies, Chow adds: “Getting more major roles or major movies do not mean that you are a good actor.”

Well said. All his previous major flicks in Tinseltown – be they The Replacement Killers, Anna and the King and Bulletproof Monk – have underused him as an actor. So now, the seasoned actor has settled for a supporting, but meatier role in Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End, playing what else if not a pirate alongside Johnny Depp.

He has also reunited with his long-time collaborator and friend, John Woo, in the Chinese historical war film, The Battle of Red Cliff. (Both films are to be released next year.)

Thanks to the non-stop action in Pirates of the Carribbean: At Worlds End and The Battle of Red Cliff, the previously bloated Hong Kong actor has managed to transform himself from fat to fit.

“I’ve been doing a lot of horse riding, running around and jumping about,” Chow has been quoted saying in an interview with a Chinese daily.

And after a six-year hiatus from making Chinese films (his last was the Oscar-winning Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), the incredibly talented actor is back with a vengeance via Curse of the Golden Flower, a film directed by acclaimed mainland Chinese director Zhang Yimou. Already generating Oscar buzz around the world, the epic features Chow in his darkest role to-date – a power-crazy emperor who is willing to kill anyone who stands in his way – even if they are his wife (played by the magnificent Gong Li) and children (one of them played by Taiwanese pop star Jay Chou).

“I was very surprised that Zhang Yimou wanted me to play such an important role in his film,” Chow says humbly. “I’ve always wanted to act in his films – even if it’s just a small role.”

His ruthless alter ego, according to Chow, is a far cry from his real self. “In US, they rate this film as absolute brutality. But as a king in feudal times, you have to kill or be killed.”

In reality, the happily married actor says he will never mistreat his children – if he is fated to have any, that is. (Word has it that his wife, Jasmine, had suffered a miscarriage before and the loving couple never talked about having babies since.)

“Kids today are difficult to manage,” Chow brings out the fatherly figure in him. “But if I were a father, I would let my kids run around. I wouldn’t be the typical Chinese father who loves to control his kids’ life. My son, for instance, doesn’t have to be a businessman and his wife doesn’t have to be an accountant.”

A firm believer that behind each successful man, there will always be a woman, Chow has only love and praises for Jasmine, whom he has been married to for 20 years. The Singaporean socialite also doubles as his personal manager.

“My wife is an amazing woman. She’s a tai chi master. So, she has got her own method in handling me,” he says with a laugh.

When asked whether Curse of the Golden Flower would repeat the phenomenal success of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon at the 2007 Academy Awards, Chow’s parting words are: “I don’t care. Why put pressure on yourself?

“As an actor, I’ve done my job. I have no control over the Oscars. I’m not part of the selection committee. But if Curse of the Golden Flower were to be nominated as Best Foreign Film at the Oscars and they were to send me tickets, I would go because they give you good food and good stay at first-class hotel.”

Edited by mv_288, 24 June 2008 - 03:10 AM.

#122 thegreatone_1

thegreatone_1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:03 AM

I just love watching chow yun fat action movie with lots of shooting. I bought every shooting movie with john woo as the director. He look so cool when holding a gun. My favourite movie with chow yun fat is hard boil, the killer, a better tomorrow 1 and 2. I cant wait till the release his new movie with gong li. I didnt really like his hollywood movie like replacement killer and the monk. I prefer watching his hk movie instead.

#123 Pink.Rose.Petals*

Pink.Rose.Petals*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:41 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Chow Yun Fat's Comeback Takes China by Storm - Still True to Roots, Admits to being a TVB Fan
Over two years ago, Chow Yun Fat stopped working. To Rest and to nurse his illness.

Upon his return, his comeback production "Curse of the Golden Flower" has grossed a massive RMB 270 million in just 20 days since its release, breaking the records for any Chinese language film in history. Since his return, he has filmed a number of films already and has made himself an estimated HK$260 million.

The film seems set to overtake the previous highest grossing film in China "Titanic" which made RMB 350 million. Dubbed as the highest grossing Chinese Actor ever, Chow says modestly: "There are higher peaks yet. (You have been estimated to have earned over $200 million last year?) Don't count! Only Mrs Chow knows about this and I just act for the fun of it." As for Mrs Chow Jasmine Tan, she laughs: "Hahaha... this is a commercial secret."

After filming "Bulletproof Monk" in 2003, Chow returned to filming in 2006, shooting three movies, including "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" and two Mainland productions "Curse of the Golden Flower" and "Aunt's Postmodern Life". Is he suggesting that he will be returning to the Mainland market? Chow says: "I have not said I will not return, as long as there is a good role and a good script, then no matter if it is a Mainland production or a Hollywood production, or even a Hong Kong production, then I will take a part." Chow will be filming this year for Hollywood's "The Bitter Sea" and John Woo's "Battle of Red Cliff". Is he making up for lost time after two years away? Chow says: "Go with the flow! I have rested for two years and been very happy. Taking photos, learning English and Mandarin - very happy!"

2003 was Bad and Depressing

Although he is now a Hollywood star, Chow is as normal in Hong Kong as a local neighbour and happily spends each day with laughter, so when he tells of how he suffered depression in 2003, this is a little surprising. Now fully recovered, he lightly tells his story: "Men have the menopause too! This is a biological imbalance of the hormones and you can see that Liza Wang and Frances Yip have had it! When women stop menstruating, then it is like that, it is just a stage in life. After taking hormones, I am fine. If I did not treat it, I would have turned into an old man. Or maybe I would have killed someone with a hammer or become aggressive and violent. If you can treat this illness early, then you are fine. It is like having a cold or flu, everyone gets it at some point in their life."

Chow admits that his illness was related to his work: "Having worked for so long, stopping and not doing anything affected my psychological state a little. I never imagined that SARS would break out in that year and society turned very grim. Leslie [Cheung] and Anita [Mui] both passed away. It was terrible and very depressing."

A Wish from 30 Years Ago

In an interview, thirty years ago, Chow once said that he hopes to sit alone beside a house alongside a lake, wearing a cap and smoking a pipe, watching the lake with a blanket over his lap. Thirty years later today, his wish is still there, but now he has someone beside him - Mrs Chow.

Chow says: "I don't go out much usually. I will either read at home or go shopping in Kowloon City, but when I get on set, I love my work and after work, I will go and seek some leisuretime with my friends."

On a one day trip to the country, Chow can be heard
commenting to himself as he sees the sea and the lakes: "If I build a house here, it would be so good." Chow has seen a lot of the world, but his ambition of many years remains unchanged. He says: "My roots have always been here and in the future, I only want to be in Hong Kong or China, which truly belongs to the Chinese and has mountains and water and things for me to photograph. (In the past you were on your own, now you have your wife beside you?) Ha... if she doesn't mess around, then she can stay beside me. She must not disturb my creativity."
http://the-sun.orisu...2010619_big.jpg
Although Chow is often not in Hong Kong, his heart is still with the Hong Kong film industry and he is also a huge TV fan. In terms of the new generation of film actors, Chow feels that Nicholas Tse and Cecilia Cheung have the most potential. As for Jay Chow, he says: "He gave a great performance in 'Initial D'. 'Curse of the Golden Flower' is selling well, so I will watch his third film. I think he will do well. (Edison Chen has also broken into Hollywood?) His repertoire is not as broad as Nicholas. As for the ladies, Zhou Xun is good as she has acting talent and box office takings."

As for television, Chow praises Kevin Cheng to start with: "He is pretty good! Quite handsome! Others... Bosco Wong and Moses Chan have a broad spectrum of roles. The TV station is quite good, it is a training base and when people like Gallen Lo move onto other places, people miss him, so TVB really have given him a valuable sword."

To have been named by a superstar such as Chow, Kevin was very taken aback: "Is that true? I am so happy, it feels like I have won the lottery, because I have watched Chow's acting since I was a boy and he has always been my idol. I am very thankful for his support and I feel just as excited by his acclaim as I was when I won an award. I will work hard in my acting in the future."

Credit: http://tvbspace.blogspot.com/

Edited by mv_288, 20 March 2008 - 02:38 AM.

#124 applesauce

applesauce

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

Mr. Chow is one of the most down-to-earth HK celebs I've ever met. He's the only HK celeb I've met. I didn't know what to expect when he had drinks with me but he was his charming, humble self. Very funny and speaks very good english. When he's around young people, he likes to be relaxed, tell funny stories and dirty jokes. He doesn't seem to be one who's all caught up in the celeb hype or in himself. Too bad he and his wife couldn't have a child of their own. Wish they would've considered adoption bc that would really add something to their lives. But men are very against not have their own blood-child.

So the Western audience will see him again in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 later this year. Too bad he'll look like an Asian caricature but the Pirates franchise is all fluff and visuals. He's been so limited in his Hollywood roles; he could've really been something in the West if it weren't for the lack of meaty Asian roles, or Asian-themed productions for that matter.

Have seen Curse of the Golden Flowers. He's so evil and hard. Not a likable character at all. A delusional man who takes pride in his outward appearance of power and decadence but faced with unsolvable conflicts from his closest relations who are supposed to honor his great person. Was he supposed to look so bloated for that role? Maybe he would've been too charming if he'd been thinner.

Edited by applesauce, 10 January 2007 - 07:26 PM.

#125 Tam Yuet Wah

Tam Yuet Wah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

I'm so glad to find a thread full of Chowchow's articles and news like this. This keeps me updated about him after so long. He's a great actor, great person and all. He seems to age after these 2 years but it doesn't matter. I'm dying to watch Curse of the golden flowers now.

By the way, can anyone tell me the Chinese name of Curse...?

#126 smakelijk

smakelijk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 03:21 AM

I saw it on E Buzz that Fat boy will be in a musical or a movie w/ a Angelina Jolie look alike. It's not a Hollywood movie, but HK one. And the girl is Euroasian, and her mom was a HK actress in the 60s or 70s. Anyone know anything about this movie? What's the girl name?

#127 golf7

golf7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:10 AM

It seems like he only films in Hollywood mostly now. I am glad he can make a living from making films in America

#128 shavemy

shavemy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:50 AM

hes aweesome!! really liked him in curse of the golden flower as the emperor very ying

#129 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

Anyone knows if he is preparing for any new movies?

#130 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

Chow Yun-Fat's Mother Truly 'Outstanding'
Tuesday September 9, 2008 Hong Kong
CRIENGLISH.com

If you are a fan of Chow Yun-Fat, you should thank his mom. According to judges of the World Outstanding Chinese Awards, the Hong Kong icon inherited most of his traits from his mother.

Chow Chan Lai-Fong, 87, was named an Outstanding Mother by the awards committee on Monday, Tungstar.com reports.

She said her son is planning a celebration for her in recognition of the award.

Married at the age of 17, Chow Chan Lai-Fong gave birth to Chow Yun-Fat, the third of her four children, in 1955. Struggling to keep up with her housework while selling dim-sum on the streets, she had an obvious influence on the tenacity of her son, Tungstar says.

Chow Yun-Fat honed his acting skills at a training class in the 1970s, an opportunity for which he had to sacrifice his job at a post office. Chow, who later rocketed to international fame, says his mother was a source of support at the time.

#131 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6165 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 12:33 PM

Rebecca w Chow Yuen Fatt

Posted Image

Posted Image

#132 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:54 AM

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-Fat, famous in Korea for his performance in ``A Better Tomorrow'' (1986), will visit Korea for the first time in 15 years.

Chow, 54, will arrive in Korea on Feb. 17 with the cast and crew of the film ``Dragonball Evolution'' for a two-night stay, said 20th Century Fox. His last visit to Korea was in 1994, on a promotional tour for his movie ``Treasure Hunt. ''

``Dragonball Evolution,'' in which Chow plays the role of Master Roshi, is based on the popular comic book ``Dragonball,'' which sold over 200 million copies after its first publication in 1984. Accompanying the actor will be director James Wong and costar Justin Chatwin, who plays the role of Goku in the movie, and former Korean singer Joon Park.

The film revolves around the journey of Goku, who searches for Master Roshi and the seven mystical Dragon Balls, competing with the evil Lord Piccolo. It made headlines here when it was announced that Park, a member of the now disbanded group g.o.d., was to appear as Goku's friend Yamcha.

Chow, one of the leading Asian stars in Hollywood and a household name in China, has appeared in various movies, including ``Anna and the King'' with Jodie Foster, the Academy Award-winning film ``Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'' and ``Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.''

``Dragonball Evolution'' is slated for release on March. 12.

source: asianbite
credit: Korea Times

#133 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

Posted Image

If you were to choose one actor who defined movies during the 1980s and 1990s here, Hong Kong film star Chow Yun-fat must surely be one of the top choices.

Chow¡¯s back in town to promote his upcoming film, ¡°Dragonball Evolution,¡± an action movie directed by James Wong. It gets released on March 12.

Along with Chow, the director and other cast - Justin Chatwin, Emmy Rossum, Park Joon, and Jamie Chung - are also here.

The film is based on the 1984 Japanese manga series, "Dragonball."

The series has sold over 150 million copies worldwide, and concerns Son Goku and seven mystical artifacts known as dragon balls that make your wishes come true.

source: joongang

#134 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:17 AM

Posted Image

Chow Yun-Fat Seeks to Play 'Confucius'
Crienglsih

It might be hard for any actor to receive unanimous praise for playing the role of Confucius, the greatest Chinese thinker, but Chow Yun-Fat says he wants to try.

The "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" actor has signed on to play the title role in director Hu Mei's new movie, "Confucius", the newspaper Metropolis Express reported on Wednesday.

In an interview with the Hong Kong publication Tungstar, Chow confirmed he had been invited and would like to accept the offer, but final negotiations still need to be ironed out.

Chow's latest offering is the Hollywood-made fantasy adventure "Dragonball Evolution", which will open in the U.S. next month.

The international following that Chow enjoys is expected to help expand the global market for "Confucius", the Metropolis Express report says.

But opinions vary on whether Hong Kong-born Chow is able to portray the great philosopher. Some say they don't want to see a Cantonese-speaking Confucius, suggesting Chow has lots to do to improve his Mandarin.

In a survey conducted by Sina.com.cn, voices for and against are almost split down the middle.

Besides Chow, mainland actor Chen Daoming and actress Zhou Xun are reported to be joining the cast.

Director Hu Mei and the film's investors have not commented on the involvement of the three actors.

The date for filming to begin is also being kept under wraps.

#135 cheryltanfc

cheryltanfc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

Chow Yun-Fat Seeks to Play 'Confucius'

Posted Image

It might be hard for any actor to receive unanimous praise for playing the role of Confucius, the greatest Chinese thinker, but Chow Yun-Fat says he wants to try.

The "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" actor has signed on to play the title role in director Hu Mei's new movie, "Confucius", the newspaper Metropolis Express reported on Wednesday.

In an interview with the Hong Kong publication Tungstar, Chow confirmed he had been invited and would like to accept the offer, but final negotiations still need to be ironed out.

Chow's latest offering is the Hollywood-made fantasy adventure "Dragonball Evolution", which will open in the U.S. next month.

The international following that Chow enjoys is expected to help expand the global market for "Confucius", the Metropolis Express report says.

But opinions vary on whether Hong Kong-born Chow is able to portray the great philosopher. Some say they don't want to see a Cantonese-speaking Confucius, suggesting Chow has lots to do to improve his Mandarin.

In a survey conducted by Sina.com.cn, voices for and against are almost split down the middle.

Besides Chow, mainland actor Chen Daoming and actress Zhou Xun are reported to be joining the cast.

Director Hu Mei and the film's investors have not commented on the involvement of the three actors.

The date for filming to begin is also being kept under wraps.

#136 cheryltanfc

cheryltanfc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:15 AM

Kung fu Confucius

Posted Image

Casting a Hong Kong action hero to play Confucius has outraged some purists. They oppose the big-budget portrayal of the iconic sage as a martial arts master with a sense of humor and a love interest.

The challenge of playing Confucius is rather like taking on the role of Socrates or Moses. Everybody has powerful, fixed ideas about the revered figure and people are bound to be offended by some aspects of any portrayal.

To many people, Kongzi or Confucius was a saint, a philosopher who expounded the traditional ideas of harmony and hierarchy that are so important in China today.

Once, however, the sage was reviled, his respect for strict hierarchy seen as an impediment to social and economic progress. Now he is an icon.

So the idea that China's greatest thinker would be portrayed by Hollywood-based Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat - and that Confucius would be portrayed as a man of action, humor and romance - has upset quite a few people. The idea of a blockbuster biopic about saintly Confucius has struck some people as undignified, to say the least.

Director Hu Mei says Confucius was "vibrant." He could drive a chariot, hit a target with bow and arrow from horseback and was an accomplished swordsman, she says.

"Confucius" will be China's first feature film about the sage who lived from 551-479 BC, and it is a co-production of the Beijing-based Dadi Cinema and the state-run China Film Group.

This is not the only controversy about upcoming films about famous figures and the casting of celebrities and non-actors.

There are also films in the works about Chairman Mao Zedong (starring an entrepreneur investor), Lei Feng (starring Olympic diver Tian Liang) and Jia Baoyu from "A Dream of Red Mansions" (starring a "My Hero" finalist Ma Tianyu ).

The biopic "Confucius," however, stirs the greatest controversy.

Movie star Chow, though, is undeterred. He himself, now in his 50s, is a legend of Hong Kong cinema for his spectacular performances in action movies by John Woo.

Chow also starred in Ang Lee's "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (2003) and Roger Spottiswoode's "Children of Huang Shi" (2008).

Filming by female director Hu started last month. It will be shot around Beijing, Shandong Province (Confucius' birthplace) and Hengdian Film Studios in Zhejiang Province.

The 150-million-yuan (US$22 million)-budgeted biopic also stars veteran actor Jiao Huang as Laozi or Laotzu, founder of Taoism, and Zhou Xun as Nan Zi, an imperial concubine of the Wei Kingdom in the Spring and Autumn Period (770-476 BC).

How does one portray an icon?

Some Netizens say they don't want to see a Cantonese-speaking Confucius, suggesting Chow first needs to improve his Mandarin Chinese. Some doubt whether he knows enough about the philosopher's thoughts and teachings to deliver a convincing portrayal.

Director Hu is confident in Chow's ability to deliver a convincing Confucius.

"He is the right person for the character who has many layers and characteristics," she said in an earlier interview, citing his "Crouching Tiger" and other performances.

"In addition to martial arts, Chow has demonstrated his refinement and thoughtfulness," she said.

It is reported that before Chow was cast, the producers had approached distinguished TV and stage actor Pu Cunxin . Pu reportedly turned it down because of script problems, saying Hu's film portrays the sage as a "kung fu master."

Director Hu has defended the film's action and romantic elements, saying that Confucius was not only a moral teacher and scholar who only knew how to read and preach. In her eyes, the thinker represents a totality of humor, action, romance and rationality.

"Confucius was a living, vibrant person," Hu says. "He once directed a battle. His disciples Zilu and Ranyou were swordsmen and archers of the highest caliber. You can find all of this in reliable history texts."

One thing is certain: Chow's international fame is expected to help the global market for the movie.

Ensuring good box office drives many film makers, and other upcoming productions have generated controversy for their casting of celebrities in key roles.

Tian Liang, former Olympic 10-meter platform diving champion, has been cast as model soldier Lei Feng (1940-62) in a TV series. Lei was celebrated for his selflessness and devotion to serving the people.

After leaving the Chinese national diving team in 2007, Tian became a TV actor. His work has not been impressive. News of the casting has drawn an angry response from Netizens and Lei's old comrades. Tian says he will portray the hero for free.

A Netizen called "Jane01" says, "Tian is a good diver. But he has totally different life background and experiences compared with Lei Feng. Besides, he is a pop star now. If he performs Lei Feng, many people will misinterpret Lei."

Tian's enormous media exposure, particularly his luxury wedding ceremony, has fueled concerns about his suitability for the role, since Lei actually kept a low profile. He was, however, inflated for propaganda purposes.

A similar controversy surrounds Jia Yun, an entrepreneur from Zhejiang Province, who has no acting experience but plans to play Chairman Mao Zedong in the film "The First Rule." He is a producer and co-investor in the film, envisioned as the first part of a trilogy.

"It offers me a chance to know more about the great leader," Jia said in an earlier interview. "Before acting, I read a lot of biographies about him."

He also plans to star in "Mao Zedong 1927" and "The Zunyi Meeting."

Also in the spotlight over casting is pop celebrity Ma Tianyu, a finalist of the star-making TV program "My Hero" in 2006. Ma is now playing the young feudal noble Jia Baoyu in a TV drama series based on the late 18th-century literary classic "A Dream of Red Mansions."

Aaron Wang, a professional media critic, says casting celebrities and pop stars is simply an effort to make money - and controversy fuels box office.

"To attract public interest, some TV and film producers will try anything," Wang says. "Controversial casting can be an effective means of promotion and media hype."

There are, however, a few successful domestic productions whose popularity don't rely on the fame or commercial value of the actors.

Wang Baoqiang, a former construction worker and screen extra, rocketed to stardom after his impressive leading role in "Soldiers Sortie" (2007).

"It is necessary to shift both the public and the producers' attention back to the script," says Professor Liu Haibo, a teacher in film and TV art from Shanghai University. "A good script can nurture talented actors. It is acceptable to see some commercial and entertaining elements, but never too much," he says.

"As for classics or portraits of heroic characters, people need to show respect for them rather than make a parody of their lives, out of commercial motives."

#137 clooney_girl06

clooney_girl06

R.I.P Michael Jackson

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1558 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

Chow yun Fat is a singer??? had no idea. his a reallly good actor but after he moved to hollywood i don't think he did to good, i think he should come back to the asian industry/screens. it might be better off for him

#138 Lil Sweetgirl

Lil Sweetgirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

lol he is so famous now he was in the Pirates of the Carribeans movie

#139 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:52 AM

Chow Yun Fat publicly praises Charmaine Sheh, Moses Chan, Joyce Tang
Saturday September 11, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Chow Yun Fat's seen it all in the entertainment circle, but he still loves it, why is that? Because he loves being an actor, even if he's playing an elderly like a grandfather, he does not feel belittled. Chow Yun Fat accepted an exclusive interview with [Oriental Daily]. (TN: Only part 2 of the interview is translated.)

Reporter:
How do you feel about the quality of TVB series?

Chow:
Pretty good! I watched Can't Buy Me Love, it's really quite funny. Charmaine Sheh and Moses Chan gets better and better. Earlier I also watched Beauty Knows No Pain, it's too a pretty good series!

Reporter:
Last year you publicly praised Fala Chen, this year who do you support?

Chow:
Joyce Tang I really like. In Beauty, she sacrificed her appearance, making her nose big and got an ugly look. To her, it really is a great development.

Reporter:
Have you thought of returning to film a series on TVB?

Chow:
Haha! I can't handle it now, I really do fear that I won't be able to handle filming series. But honestly, really have to see if there is a good script, Never say never.

Reporter:
Never won an Oscar's actor award, is that a regret?

Chow:
Acting is my profession, can't always think about awards. I really don't have many wishes, I just hope to do well on my roles. I can't say I won't accept a fee for being a movie just to get an award. Even if I say that you won't believe it! Given a salary, doing my best is a must, awards are just a bonus. After all, all the awards I received are donated to the Film Library.

Reporter:
When are you retiring?

Chow:
Never thought about it. If I want to work, then I'll continue to do so. Even if it means I'm being a grandfather, most important is if I like the role or not, every actor started off as a Siu (young) Sang to Chung (middle) Sang and finally to Lo (old) Sang, it's the law! Acting is not about you choosing, other people are choosing you too. It could be several years that no one will give you jobs, I won't wait, will go do it!

Reporter:
Rumors say you and Stephen Chow are going to collaborate? Do you anticipate?

Chow:
I really don't know. Even if it's true, we may not be on the main line together, so I won't think too much. A script written by the two of us will be a good watch!

Reporter:
You went from shooting series, to the film scene, to Hollywood, and now back to Mainland, how does it feel?

Chow:
It's just the locations changed, my lines are either in Chinese or English. It's still shooting for 12 hours a day. Of course English and Mandarin aren't my mother language, so have to practice my pronunciations!

Reporter:
Ever thought of why still so popular after such a long time?

Chow:
Lucky! When I entered the film scene, it was the red hot era, there were many new directors. From my entry into the film scene, to the Hollywood in the 90s and now back to Mainland... it is all luck that I was able to catch all the waves.

Reporter:
Are the current artists born at the wrong time?

Chow:
Nowadays there are very few Hong Kong artists who give lectures. Counting back and forth, there's only Louis Koo or Donnie Yen. Now we have the leng mo trend, but they must evolve into higher class, like Miss Hong Kong, Maggie Cheung Man Yuk didn't win the first prize, but she still made a huge success in her acting career. Why? Because she knows how to appreciate.

Reporter:
Do you feel a sigh in the current entertainment industry, any message to give to all the juniors?

Chow: There will be a new scene with ups and downs, just like stocks will be high or low, because 'this is the worse time, but is also the best time.' Have to grasp! More work and effort does not necessary mean more gain, but in the entertainment circle one needs more exposure, the most important part is putting in the effort!

#140 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:07 AM

Chow Yun Fat embraces Carol Cheng scratching the 7 year itch
Monday November 29, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image Posted Image

Invested nearly a billion HK dollars into the new film Let The Bullets Fly with big actors Chow Yun Fat, Wen Jiang and Xiao Gang Feng, the film is scheduled to release January 2011. Yesterday Chow Yun Fat started the first promotion in HK, attracting nearly 500 reporters to the promotion for interviews. Chow Yun Fat's wife and EEG's CEO Albert Yeung both attended as well. The press conference invited Carol Cheng to be the MC.

It has been 7 years since Chow Yun Fat seen Carol, so when they met, they embraced one another. Chow also praised that Carol looked younger than before, making her extremely happy. As the MC, Carol asked Chow and the crew of the shooting process. Chow said that the other two lead actors performed very well, so he had to be well-prepared, putting lots of effort into it. Carol asked if it was difficult to play two characters? He smiled: "They found a 'Guangzhou Chow Yun Fat' to replace me, he looked very similar to me from the back. I have never done two characters before, and even with different personalities. It was fun."

Also, Chow had always loved to watch TV series, when asked if he watched the No Regrets finale? He said: "Really good! (Who do you support for TV King and Queen?) Kent Cheng, enough weight. (How do you feel about Raymond Lam?) He looks like Evergreen Mak! TV Queen is between Sheren Tang and Charmaine Sheh. (How about just pick one?) No choice, then I choose Carol Cheng!" Chow's humorous responses made everyone laugh.

Besides series, Chow also read about the Felix Wong's fire breathing at TVB. He laughed: "I didn't see him scold at TVB, I just praise TVB, won't scold." Besides him, Carol asked him if he'll go back to film a TVB series? He said: "If you do it then I will too! But I don't know if they will tell me to sign a 1 series per year contract? If so, then I don't know what to do." As for having good friend Chow's support, Kent Cheng said: "Thank you! It's impossible, he's not the judge, what use is that? If he was the judge then we're talking!"

#141 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

Chow Yun Fat not celebrating 40th year in showbiz
Monday September 9, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-062100889.html

Posted Image

This year marks the 40th anniversary for legendary actor Chow Yun Fat in the entertainment industry. However, when asked how Chow will be celebrating his 40th year, he simply answered, "I would celebrate the fact that I am not dead yet!"

Sina Taiwan website reported that the 58-year-old actor, who was seen at the filming set of his upcoming Lunar New Year movie, "From Vegas to Macau" in Macau, was in a cheerful mood while talking about his 40 years of experience in acting and shared that he joined the TVB training class in 1973.

When asked about his most favourite project, the actor stated, "Over the 100 films I've participated in, my three most favourite projects would be "A Better Tomorrow" (1986), "An Autumn's Tale" (1987), and "The Killer" (1989)."

However, Chow admitted that his films are not as many as Kwan Tak Hing or Andy Lau, since he made more television series in his earlier days rather than movies.

When asked how he will be celebrating his anniversary in showbiz, Chow light-heartedly answered that he will celebrate the fact that he is still alive and added jokingly, "I will keep on working until my brain is too old to remember the lines, or until someone says, 'Go home, uncle. Don't try to hinder the world from turning!'."

#142 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

Chow Yun Fat wants to do a comedy
Friday December 13, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-053800574.html

Posted Image

Actor Chow Yun Fat recently revealed that it's the comedy aspect that made him agree to reprise his role as the maverick gambler, Ko Chun for the upcoming Chinese crime comedy, "From Vegas to Macau" (also known as "The Man from Macau").

As reported on CRI, while speaking to the media at the press conference that was held on 10 December, Chow stated, "Actually, there is not much gambling in the film. I chose to do the film because it's a comedy and I hope to please Wong Jing."

The actor stated that it has been twenty years since he acted in a comedy film, adding that his last participation in the genre other than in Wong Jing's was with "The Eighth Happiness" back in 1988.

Directed by Wong Jing, "From Vegas to Macau" is the fourth instalment of the "God of Gamblers" film series. It also stars Nicholas Tse, Chapman To, Gao Hu, Jing Tian and Tong Fei.

The actor also joked that he lost over 20 kilograms before the production began, saying it was stressful to compete with his younger co-stars.

"Nicholas, Jing Tian are very thin and now even Chapman has lost some weight. So I have no other choice but to trim down!" said the actor.

Meanwhile, Wong Jing expressed his confidence that the movie will do well at the box office, saying that he predicts that "From Vegas to Macau" will make HKD 1.5 billion.

"From Vegas to Macau" will be released on 24 January next year in Singapore.

#143 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

Chow Yun Fat hates gambling
Wednesday January 22, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-041200617.html

Posted Image

Despite reprising his role as the God of Gamblers, Hong Kong actor Chow Yun Fat revealed that he hated gambling ever since he was a child.

Mingpao reported that the actor, who was in Beijing on 20 January to promote his new film, "From Vegas to Macau", stated, "My father was a gambler and lost all of his money. I grew up hating it."

Chow admitted that it was ironic that he was offered to play a God of Gambler by Wong Jing when he became an actor, and even returned to reprise the famous character in the new movie.

He light-heartedly added, "So you can say that I am the most fake God of Gambler."

Chow Yun Fat also revealed that he and Nicholas Tse will form a gambling team in the movie, and said, "Years ago, [Nicholas' father] Patrick Tse and I worked together on "The Shell Game II" where I played his disciple. Now his son is playing my disciple instead. It must have been [director] Wong Jing's intention all along."

Wong Jing agreed, and admitted that he intended to make some connection since Chow once said that Nicholas Tse will be one of the most important players in Hong Kong film industry in 30 years.

#144 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Chow Yun-fat will return for "The Monkey King 2"
Tuesday January 28, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-032000763.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Chow Yun-fat stated that he will return for the sequel for the 3D epic fantasy, "The Monkey King" if the movie exceeds RMB 900 million (approx. USD 149 million) at the box office.

As reported on Xinhua News Agency, while speaking to the media at the charity premiere alongside Aaron Kwok and Donnie Yen on 26 January, the actor expressed, "The movie will break even at RMB 900 million. If we can't pass that mark, there would be no sequel."

"But if we do pass it, I will return for the sequel," he enthused.

When asked if he is confident that the movie will do well, Chow said, "We have the Strongest Man in the Universe [Donnie Yen] this time as the lead star. It would depend on him whether we will have "rice" or "congee" this time!"

Meanwhile, Donnie stated that he will not mind returning for a sequel if they receive great response from the audiences.

#145 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:27 AM

Chow Yun-fat says Bosco Wong is ready to shine
Wednesday January 29, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-052700348.html

Posted Image

International superstar Chow Yun-fat expressed his belief that TVB actor Bosco Wong is ready to make it big.

According to On CC, while speaking to a reporter in an interview while he was in Beijing recently, Chow was asked about his former company, TVB. Chow admitted that he has been following its productions closely in his free time.

"Sometimes I would stay up all night to watch the prime time dramas when I have time," said Chow, and added that the viewers should watch out for Moses Chan, Vincent Wong, and Raymond Wong to be the next big stars.

He also mentioned Bosco Wong and said, "It's time for him to leave TVB. Michael Tse has already left."

However, as a former TVB actor, Chow admitted that it's never easy to make the transition from TV to film, and believed that it is harder when you have been in the television industry for a long time.

When asked if he would make a TVB comeback, Chow stated, "As long as there is a good script for me and my schedule is open, I will be happy to do so."

#146 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

Chow Yun-fat is living a frugal life
Thursday January 30, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-005624464.html

Posted Image

Chow Yun-fat is a huge international star, but the 'God of Gamblers' himself is known for living a humble lifestyle – riding public transportation, wearing old clothes, and even opted for his old mobile phone instead of a smart phone.

In an interview with East Network in Beijing, Chow revealed the reason for his way of living and financial success, saying, "My mother always taught me to save ten percent of every payment I get. She taught me that thriftiness is a virtue."

In regards to his choice of using public transportation instead of owning a car or employing a driver, Chow said, "If I hire a driver, I would feel bad for making him wait for me all day long. I would not be able to pay attention because I know someone is waiting for me."

He also stated that using public transport also enables him to observe people, and denied that his presence attracted any attention, saying, "Almost 90 percent of the people on the subway would be staring down at their phones. Who would even realised I'm there? It's no different than stepping into an abandoned land!"

The actor also added that since he has no children and is getting old, he is planning to donate his wealth, around HKD 1 billion, to charity after his death.

Stating that it is his way to thank the society, Chow said, "I feel that the money does not really belong to me, and that I am just in charge of keeping it temporarily. I will definitely donate it all to charities that need it the most."

#147 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

Chow Yun-fat is the box office king
Wednesday February 12, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-032600631.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong film star Chow Yun-fat proves himself a box office giant with two of his movies, "The Monkey King" and "From Vegas to Macau" becoming a huge hit despite being released simultaneously for the Lunar New Year.

According to BBC News, with the success of "The Monkey King" in the Mainland box office with more than RMB 719 million and "From Vegas to Macau" with RMB 237 million and counting, the total of the two Chow Yun-fat-starrers has almost reached RMB 1 billion!

HK Top Ten reported that when asked about the two movies' performances, Chow enthused, "At my old age, I would have never guessed that I would be able to have such a good performance!"

"I am just happy that despite the two movies competing against each other, people still gave their support to me and watched them," he added.

However, Chow said that the success of "The Monkey King" can't all be credited to him, saying, "It mainly belongs to Donnie Yen, the audience's expectation for a 3D movie, and the confidence with the Hollywood production team."

Meanwhile, when asked about the success of "From Vegas to Macau", Chow stated that he was at first uncertain about the movie's ability to break RMB 300 million, since the reality show-turned-movie, "Dad, Where Are We Going?" had a better start.

"I didn't know that the movie would be able to hold on this long. Thank you everyone," said Chow, who joked that all his profit shares will only go into his wife's pocket.

#148 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:58 PM

Chow Yun-fat's salary increases for "From Vegas 2"

Tuesday July 8, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-081700673.html

14t0wmr.jpg

It was revealed that Chow Yun-fat will be receiving an increase of salary for his comeback to "From Vegas to Macau 2", as reported by Oriental Daily.

Recently, at the production commencement ceremony in Thailand, director Wong Jing admitted to the media that he has indeed made the decision to increase the actor's salary.

"Chow originally wanted to push the filming to next year, but I told him that I have tailored another role for him next year for my 100th film," said Wong.

"He finally agreed after reading the script and I increased his salary as a sign of sincerity," said Wong, though he refused to reveal the actual amount.

With a budget of RMB 150 million (approx. USD 24.15 million), Wong hopes that the sequel, which will also star Nick Cheung, Shawn Yue and child actress Angela Wang, will be able to beat the box office record of the first film, which made over RMB 500 million (USD 80.5 million) in mainland China and HKD 35 million (USD 4.5 million) in Hong Kong.

#149 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:02 PM

Chow Yun Fat wants Hong Kong to have a better tomorrow

Sunday November 2, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-045000210.html

2q9gbw1.jpg

Chow Yun Fat recently expressed his hopes for the students who are currently joining the Occupy Central movement to go home and plan the next course of action.

As reported on Mingpao News, the actor, who has been very attentive towards the students' welfare rather than the pro-democracy banner they upheld, stated, "I agree with what Chinese University's president Joseph Sung said. It's time for the students to go home and think for a while."

"We already know how pure their hearts are, and right now, I hope for the government and the students to have a proper communication channel to resolve the issue," Chow added.

He also expressed his hopes that the government would establish a good platform where they can discuss the issue and end the protest with a happy solution.

"I want Hong Kong to have a better tomorrow, and I wish that Hong Kong will be blessed with continuous prosperity and stability," he said.

However, Chow refused to address rumours that he has also been blacklisted by mainland China for allegedly supporting the Occupy Central movement.

#150 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:15 AM

Chow Yun Fat: Shawn Yue is handsome and acts naturally

Thursday February 12, 2015 Hong Kong

24q8qd2.jpg 2elqzqh.jpg

Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) and Shawn Yue (余文樂) cooperated together in the movie, From Vegas to Macau II (賭城風雲II). Shawn Yue expressed that he felt very excited to cooperate with Chow Yun Fat, Nick Cheung (張家輝) and other artistes. Shawn Yue said: "Chow Yun Fat and Nick Cheung win numerous awards, but I will not be nervous when working with them. Instead, I feel very relaxed and they are good at creating atmosphere at the scene. Work runs smoothly as well." Chow Yun Fat was quite satisfied with Shawn Yue performance and said: "Shawn Yue has many female fans and a handsome actor. He acts naturally and it will be his world after 20 years later."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-ene...l.blogspot.com/

#151 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

"From Vegas to Macau 2" breaks 100 million in global box office; Chow Yun Fat confirms 3rd installment

Sunday March 15, 2015 Hong Kong

Source: MingPao
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

2v2clkx.jpg 2nvfsht.jpg

The box office of Hong Kong movie "From Vegas to Macau 2" in Mainland China reached 920 million RMB, the Hong Kong box office recorded 30 million HKD and 17 million in Malaysia. The movie became the winner of the Chinese New Year Chinese movies, breaking 100 million in their global box office. 

The day before, Chow Yun Fat attended the success ceremony in Beijing, and announced that they would film "From Vegas to Macau 3", set to premiere during Chinese New Year in 2016. They will consider filming scenes in Las Vegas as well. Fat Gor likes to film comedy films, he expressed he had a lot of fun everyday filming "From Vegas to Macau 2". Asked if the third installment would challenge a different type of comedy? He laughed saying he's given all of himself to the director to handle. However he wants him to be funny, he will do it. 

Angela Wang requests a pay raise

Fat Gor also personally gave a red pocket to child actress, Angela Wang, reminding her to keep it herself and not for her mother to keep. The host asked if Angela will film "From Vegas to Macau 3"? She agreed but said she will need a raise.

#152 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

From Vegas to Macau III movie: Chow Yun Fat acts for two roles but pays for one role only?

Sunday August 9, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

One week ago, Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) and Carina Lau (劉嘉玲) attended the movie, From Vegas to Macau III (賭城風雲III) worshipping ceremony. Chow Yun Fat accepted the interview and expressed he was acting for two roles but paid for one role only. Fortunately, they added some bonus. Carina Lau was beside Chow Yun Fat and said: "The bonus for your previous movie is a lot!" Chow Yun Fat gave a funny response: "Who tell you I have dividends, Red eggs? Are you suspecting me now?" Carina Lau went on to say she envied Chow Yun Fat but needed to discuss about the fees again. But Chow Yun Fat denied and said: "You do not need to say so much and go hiking with me first. Then, I find some chance to silence the victim!"

#153 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:24 PM

Chow Yun Fat and his wife appeared at Hong Kong airport and he showed concern for the reporters

Sunday December 27, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) was wearing a cap and black shades at Hong Kong airport together with his wife in the afternoon. When the reporters asked if he was working in overseas, Yun Fat did not reply but was concerned about the reporters and said thrice: "Somebody will chase you away!" Subsequently, the staff tried to chase the reporters away and Yun Fat and his wife went into the departure hall.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

#154 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:44 PM

Chow Yun Fat exposes Nick Cheung and Jacky Cheung have special relationship?

Friday January 29, 2016 Hong Kong

image.jpg

From Vegas to Macau III (賭城風雲III) movie starring Chow Yun Fat (周潤發), Carina Lau (劉嘉玲), Jacky Cheung (張學友), Nick Cheung (張家輝) and director, Wong Jing (王晶) attended the press conference in Beijing on 25 January. Yun Fat was in a good mood and kept smiling on the stage, and even took out his mobile to take picture with the others.

When someone mentioned Nick and Jacky looked alike, Yun Fat immediately replied: "They are sick and always have steamboat together without their wives, and I suspect if they have any special relationship." Hence, Nick denied with embarrassment that Jacky was not his good 'lover' and said: "I love woman!"

When Carina tried to add oil to the flames by saying they were soulmates, Nick begun to sing Jacky's best hit 'The Goodbye Kiss 吻別' and Jacky also sang some in the end. He said: "Nick's singing is good and he sings 'You Are The Girl I Love 你是我心愛的姑娘' well. It is better than my song and please do not sing my song next time."

Source: ON.CC (HK)

#155 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:32 AM

Miriam Yueng and Kenny Kwan celebrate Chow Yan Fat's 61st birthday early

Monday May 16, 2016 Hong Kong

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Chow Yan Fat (Fat Gor) will be 61 on Wednesday 18 May. Although he is over 60, he is still very fit, often go hiking in Ta Mo Shan. His good friends Miriam Yeung, Kenny Kwan and Elaine Yiu have arranged a special early birthday party for him - by hiking in Ta Mo Shan with him. They have prepared two lovely birthday cakes for him too. Although Fat Gor received many presents, Kenny revealed that he is the happiest guy on Fat Gor's birthday party. He said "I am honoured that Fat Gor has agreed to become my model on camera, and I also I hear that each of Fat Gor's picture can be sold for over $200,000HKD". 

Speaking of Miriam who will be taking part in a real live show "Let's go through" Season 2 in the mainland, she disclosed that she needs to do some training to be fit for the show, hence she takes this opportunity to climb up Ta Mo Shan for the physical exercise!

#156 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

Chow Yun Fat promotes new movie, Cold War II and attracts thousand people

Sunday June 26, 2016 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Chow Yun Fat (周潤發), Aaron Kwok (郭富城), Eddie Peng (彭于晏), Tony Leung (梁家輝) and the others are the main leads for the movie, Cold War II (寒戰II) will be releasing soon. One week ago, Chow Yun Fat went to South China University of Technology (華南理工大學) in Guangzhou to attend a seminar and to promote his new movie, and around one thousand people attended it.

Chow Yun Fat loves hiking and has a fit body figure which earns envy by many people. Chow Yun Fat usually likes taking Selfie and classified as 'Selfie Devil (自拍狂魔)'. He took group photo during the talk and will only use his mobile to take photos only.

#157 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50647 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:49 PM

New Film: Chow Yun Fat holds celebration to reward production and cast teams

Friday June 16, 2017 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Chow Yun Fat (周潤發) and Aaron Kwok (郭富城) film a new movie, Project Gutenberg (無雙) lately and it is wrapped up in Hong Kong. Yun Fat and his wife hold a celebration banquet in Causeway Bay to reward the cast and production teams.

As Yun Fat is in a good mood, he serves the director, Felix Chong and boss, Yu Dong (于冬) personally and makes them happy. He also walks around to take photo with them and his wife says: "The production team has a harder time than cast team and we plan to use the banquet to reward and root for them. It is worth it upon seeing everyone happy."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chow yun fat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users