AF needs funding again

Photo

[TVB-M] In the Realm of Success - 公私戀事多 (2001)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 tvbblock

tvbblock

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image

English Title: In the Realm of Success

Chinese Title: 公私戀事多

Year: 2001

Episodes: 20

Genre: Drama, Romance

Cast:
Nnadia Chan as Chong Mei Kei 莊美琪
Claire Yiu as Chong Mei Yee 莊美儀
Steven Ma as Chu Ho Yin 朱浩然
Michael Tong as Tong Chong Man 唐仲文
Johnny Ngan (顏國樑) as Chu Moon Tong 朱滿堂
Cheng Tse Sing (鄭子誠) as Tong Bak Man 唐伯文
Tam Sin Hong (譚倩紅) as Leung Choi Yuk 梁彩玉
Chan Ka Yee (陳嘉儀) as Gam Ngan Sin 金銀仙
Ma Tai Lo as Chan Siu Mei 陳小媚
Lau Wing Gien (劉永健) as Chu Chi Keung 朱自強
Lo Ho Kai (羅浩楷) as Kong Hoi Sing 江成海
Fung Hiu Man (馮曉文) as Tong Yee Man 唐綺文
Kwan Hoi San as Tong Hok Liem 唐學濂
Evergreen Mak as Fung Fuk Ngai 馮福蔭
Bak Yan (白茵) as Tsui Sau Chu 徐秀珠
Mary Hon as Lee Siu You 李小柔
Margaret Chung as Clara

In the Realm of Success from TVB is a light romantic serial centering on the office politics and love affairs of roles portrayed by Nnadia Chan, Steven Ma and Michael Tong.

The story spins off with the return of overseas graduate Steven Ma, who recently just joined the "Golden Grand Hotel" under the recommendation of his dad. He was put into the same team as Nnadia in its Sales and Marketing department. A considerate character who goes by the philosophy of "treat others as you would want them to treat you", his slight stubbornness get him and the easy going Nnadia into sticky situations at times.

When Nnadia was dumped by her boyfriend later on, Steven was a consoling figure by her side and their relationship gradually blossomed. However, the matter got a little complicated as Michael Tong (also the youngest son of the hotel's boss), was interested in Nnadia as well. Not wanting to be in conflict with his buddy, Steven decided to give up the competition. But, the one Nnadia liked was actually Steven, and a love triangle developed

[credit: asian4ever]

#2 dujun

dujun

★ girlfriend of nation boyfriend

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8367 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

I just remembered that Michael Tong was really annoying in the series and Nnadia was really funny. I love the theme and sub-theme song though!

#3 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4815 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

Rank with VOH2 as my least like Steven's series, and that's saying a lot considering how much I love Steven's series. I thought Steven's Chu Zai looks dorky and so wishy-washy...And the script was supposedly comedic but I didn't get it. Found it too troublesome to download so didn't bother to finish the whole series, but some Steven fans actually ranked the series as their favorite. So to each their own.

I usually like Michael especially in the return of the cuckoo but not in here. Must be the script.

#4 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4815 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

http://www.tudou.com...ew/hB8S497-EJo/
A 2006 4/30 clip of Steven and Nnadia's duet 圆月弯刀 in an hour-long Hong Kong call-in reality show called 超级靓声演斗厅 (The contest of super vocals. ) So which group won in the end, if interested go watch the complete show in http://v.youku.com/v...Y3ODE3NDg=.html

Just notice that Nnadia's eyes are really bright and beautiful - very doll like - round, big and bright.

#5 tb1314

tb1314

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1946 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

lol...The storyline is a little....ummm boring...but I really like the pairing of Steven and Nnadia, they look really cute. I know that it suppose to be a comedy but it seems like the dialogue wasn't well script to be, but it was fun to watch. I skipped a lot, especially parts that has the character of Nnadia's sister and Michael. Nnadia's sister actress was really bad, but I can see she is better now compare to this series.

#6 boisbois

boisbois

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

terrific plot as steven denies his feelings for nadia; or is it the other way around? how nadia is a klutz; and, clair has so much confidence & she was having the hots for michael. michael's the rich guy?

#7 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14113 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

Can't remember much about this series and I'm a Nnadia fan!! All I know is she starts of all clumsy and geeky looking with the specs and when she gets dumped by her boyfiend I think he was played by Mak Bao she goes through an image change and gets more confident. Michael wanted to be with Nnadia but have to marry a rich girl for the reason I can't remember!Anyway the pairing of Nnadia and Steven was good and I liked Margaret's friendship with Nnadia.

#8 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4326 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

It's re-airing on chinese channel in the UK at weekdays - 3pm!! :thumbsup
I remember I have watched it.. but don't actaully remember what heppens in this series.
lol, love the relationship between chong meo kei and chu jau , love how he helps her pass her driving test. :thumbsup