AF needs funding again

Photo

Sonija Kwok Admits That Shes Old; Not Afraid of Tabloid Stories

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:04 AM

Credits: Serena @ http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com

Sonija Kwok Admits That She’s Old Not Afraid of Tabloid Stories

Last night, Hong Kong Baptist University held the “第6屆華語大學生影視獎”. They invited Eric Tsang, Sonija Kwok, Bernice Liu, Karena Lam, Andrew Lau, Stephan Chen and others to be guest presenters. Sonija has not filmed a movie since her last movie invested by her tabloid boyfriend Chen Guo Qiang (陳國強). The reporter asked if she would be working with Chen Guo Qiang again. She said that she does not have a contract with him anymore. It would depend on the company if she would be working together again. The reporter asked if she is afraid of rumours starting again if she worked with him again. Sonija responded: “I don’t think I would be because I am old now.”

The TV series “D.I.E”, which she was a part of, peaked at 44 points. Sonija expressed her joy and the cast are thinking about pooling money together to have a celebration dinner. She hopes to have a sequel for that series because they have a hilarious cast. Everyone was very happy when they were working together. Before the series broadcasted, her image was in a nosedive. The reporter asked if she has confidence in herself now that the series has such high ratings. Sonija said: “I didn’t think about that. Those things are in the past now. I just want to do a good job.”

Eric expressed that he has received a lot of movie scripts after he was voted as the “Spotlight Person” in the Hong Kong Film Festivals. He has been reading day and night. All the script hopes to have in on board as a producer or help invest in the film. He amusingly said: “A lot of people want me to be a guarantor.” He is helping a new director in Taiwan to start filming a movie.

Bernice has filmed three movies but feels that she is still new to the business. The reporter asked if she would mind appearing before others in a sexy manner. Bernice said that she is grown up and hopes to film different types of movies. If the script requires it, she wouldn’t mind.

Edited by francesca, 27 April 2008 - 12:54 PM.

#2 delon223

delon223

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:18 AM

For me she is not pretty. Especially her LIPS. She flirt everyone, wondering y she is a Miss pea :wacko: gent

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:48 AM

i thought her acting was horrible in D.I.E.. everyone else was good besides her. the only series i liked her in was probably in angels of mission.

#4 Parallel Fates

Parallel Fates

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:51 AM

No, no sequals please...TVB would just kill off half the cast >_<

#5 Twinsangelkiki

Twinsangelkiki

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2350 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:55 AM

the success of DIE is like a fresh beginning for sonija....bringing her back popularity and support from the negative tabloid rumors which always seem to drag her down no matter what she does

#6 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (delon223 @ Apr 27 2008 9 18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me she is not pretty. Especially her LIPS. She flirt everyone, wondering y she is a Miss pea :wacko: gent

Did you see her flirt with your own eyes or even act flirty at all?

#7 delon223

delon223

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (reiyi @ Apr 27 2008 5 01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you see her flirt with your own eyes or even act flirty at all?

Micheal tao ended up divorce with his wife because of her. That's the rumor speculating, leaf on the tree will not move without wind (a Chinese poem)

Do u think celeb will show to ppl or you when she or he flirt especially Hongkong celeb? Unless she is Hongkong Paris Hilton :huh:

#8 reiyi

reiyi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5508 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (delon223 @ Apr 27 2008 12 38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Micheal tao ended up divorce with his wife because of her. That's the rumor speculating, leaf on the tree will not move without wind (a Chinese poem)

You said it yourself, it's rumor. Michael also denied his marriage breakup has anything to do with Sonija and Ron also defended Sonija and said Mrs. Tao wouldn't say something. Why don't u believe that too?

You know what, I think u just choose to believe the negative 'news' about her but ignore the the positive ones because u already dislike her to begin with. Didn't u say u think she's ugly, especially her lips?

If the rumor is of those actresses u like, u will most probably say the negative news is just all b*llsh*t.

Edited by reiyi, 27 April 2008 - 06:31 AM.

#9 speed

speed

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:27 AM

bahahahahahahh if you looked more into this news you would know the whole story was never true to begin with for that michael divorce... those stories just didnt' get blown up by the media. funny how you trust everything you are told by the media tho.

and btw i think it's an idiom and not a poem (and bsides, saying a phrase like that doesn't support any argument. go to your local university and take a course in reasoning/negotiations/english). :P

#10 delon223

delon223

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:14 AM

Ohh there you go other Sonija supporter. ya She is TVB favourite! (TVB frozen her)

QUOTE (speed @ Apr 27 2008 6 27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bahahahahahahh if you looked more into this news you would know the whole story was never true to begin with for that michael divorce... those stories just didnt' get blown up by the media. funny how you trust everything you are told by the media tho.

and btw i think it's an idiom and not a poem (and bsides, saying a phrase like that doesn't support any argument. go to your local university and take a course in reasoning/negotiations/english). :P

Your uni must had teach u an excellent manner like this n ur knowledge clapclap

#11 misshk

misshk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:45 AM

you guys are funny. such animosity over news made up / blown up by the media. "Sonija's not pretty especially her lips"? that is totally subjective. Her being a flirt.... well, I dont know her personally, so it's kinda hard to comment and judge someone that way.

#12 earth2eternity

earth2eternity

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

Wow i remember knowing alot of people who don't like Sonija. Now, i can see that they are learning to accept her. D.I.E must be her 2nd breakthrough.

#13 dujun

dujun

★ girlfriend of nation boyfriend

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8367 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:40 AM

I didn't like her when she first started cause she was pretty bad. But now, she may not have the best acting skills, I thought that it is unfair for the media to always put her in a bad light. I think she has improved a lot in D.I.E but she still needs to improve. All she needs is a breakthrough, unforgetable role.

#14 candychu

candychu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:25 PM

i dont like sonija but im loving DIE
i do hope they film a sequel since i heard the ending was crap
as was the alternate one T_T

and plus, i love roger <3

but y shud the cast pool together money? why not the producer/director/staff shout them XDD

#15 PinkBlossom

PinkBlossom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

i only like her in DIE and Angels of Mission(favorite in the series)
didnt like her in any other series

#16 bakzhang

bakzhang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

I think sonija is pretty but she looks quite old now and her lip does seem weird...Of course she can't be compared to before when she's younger. As of her acting, I think she's quite okay, an average. I'm neutral towards her being in a series or not anyways..

Edited by bakzhang, 27 April 2008 - 05:55 PM.

#17 xoxosweetheart

xoxosweetheart

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:23 PM

I agree that DIE helped Sonija gain her image back again. Before watching DIE, I didn't really like Sonija especially from her previous roles in other series but now, I really love her.

#18 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52632 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:55 PM

I'm not relaly a Sonija fan, I didn't think she can act that way. But D.I.E.'s ratings were very good and I didn't think Sonija acted that way in that series, but congralutions to the cast.

#19 xjeanzxx

xjeanzxx

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2618 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:40 PM

well i think sonija is pretty...everyone has different taste...i may said she looks pretty and other may think she is ugly...and of course everyone will get old...no one can stay young forever......she just look fine to me and her acting is not bad...she did a great job in D.I.E. series...keep up the good work sonija.

#20 Armanibabe

Armanibabe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

In Angels of Mission she was my favorite character, In D.I.E. she wans't that raeely good. However I don't mind to have her in another serie, just give her another chance.

#21 applegu2l

applegu2l

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

wow, i didn't know that, that many people didn't like sonija. i think she's improve a lot over the year and i think she is pretty.

#22 Guest_misz_alice_*

Guest_misz_alice_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

I think it would be nice if they have a squeal to D.I.E. I think they will have a squeal since the finale had a high ratings!! Sonija's acting has improved a lot!!

#23 ElaineL

ElaineL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:10 PM

Sonjia is okay, she doesnt really look that old to me she looks like 30 to me

#24 bemypal_hk

bemypal_hk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

Sonija is only good in series where she plays the bad person. SHe is a convincing villian. I didn't like DIE I don't know why it had all the ratings.

#25 Polaris Snow

Polaris Snow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

In Asia any girl after 19 is automatically OLD, that's the value system here

#26 angelaa

angelaa

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

Sonjia iish okay looking because of her eyes.In the picture she looks great in that haiirstyle and dress.But i dont really like her lips,it's so thin...bernice is pretty, but she doesnt have a nice body.