AF needs funding again

Photo

Bernice Liu's TVB contract did not End, Denies being Frozen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

Translated by: aZnangel @ AEU Forum
Source: Takungpao

Bernice Liu's TVB contract did not End, Denies being Frozen

Yesterday Bernice Liu and Kevin Cheng attended Queen Cup's press conference, Bernice happily expressed that this time besides being happy with the salary, she also has an opportunity to design the brand's label pin for the company. Her work has gotten a fresh new feeling. There has been rumors that Bernice's contract with TVB is ending soon and that TVB requested her to sign another contract of 8 years. Bernice rejected the offer and now she is subjected to be frozen by TVB. Bernice expresses that each year there is always a rumor of her ending the contract with TVB, actually she still has a few years left before it ends. Also TVB never spoke to her about such matter. Her assistant who was besides her explained that Bernice just finished filming a series, TVB also hopes that Bernice can take some time off to rest. Bernice still has a lot of jobs, Bernice stresses that the most important is being happy with the jobs and that there will be room for improvement. At this time, not considering to change companies.

Kevin Cheng Said Cannot Just Give Away a Watch
Kevin is a watch-lover person, earlier he cut the red ribbon for a watch brand, now he has a collection of 8 watches. Asked if he would give one to his girlfriend? Kevin feels that watches are valuable, almost like giving a ring to her, it represents eternality. He will not give others like its a regular gift. It has also been said that his younger cousin stepped into the entertainment circle, so he hoped to invite Virgina Lok for dinner, Kevin denies this issue and said that his younger cousin has 3 kids, why would she enter the entertainment circle, Kevin said that he won't just introduce anyone into the industry, unless they have great potential.

Edited by lenax3, 11 April 2008 - 02:25 AM.

#2 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52632 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:00 AM

Bernice looks so pretty in the picture. Bernice and Kevin does make a pretty cute couple togehter. I hope that Kevin and Bernice can film a series together some day. It's good that Bernice still has a contract with TVB. I would totally miss her if she leaves TVB.

#3 bluethunder

bluethunder

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

I've heard of this rumor before but am glad that there is not truth to it. I think the audience really likes Bernice so I don't think she'll be gone anytime soon.

#4 Cabomba

Cabomba

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:35 AM

No way is she gonna be frozen..tht's ridiculous! She's having alot of functions now...the reporters just too bored and got nothing to write

#5 earth2eternity

earth2eternity

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:37 AM

ahhh if TVB ends her contract, it'll be a big waste. She has talent :) and both her and Kevin look nice :thumbsup

#6 chinoischick

chinoischick

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:02 AM

Never really thought it about it, but a watch is a pretty special gift. And a quality watch can last a really long time.

#7 ttrantx

ttrantx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:13 AM

Bernie looks great on that picture. She's too hot to be frozen.

#8 duckevo

duckevo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:43 AM

the media got things wrong.. tvb will not left her out as she is improving her acting contanttly

#9 hyu1125

hyu1125

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

it's good to hear that bernice is not frozen. i haven't seen her in any series after steps. hope she has a series coming out soon. never really thought about a watch that way but it does makes sense.

#10 luvable

luvable

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

I dont think Bernice is frozen she is well like by everyone. And currently she's filming a series so how could she be frozen. If I was her I wouldn't sign the 8 year contract to. Its so long...

#11 *HellBoi*

*HellBoi*

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

Bernice looks really elegant in the white dress !! TVB would be extremely stupid to froze bernice ..Lol !!

#12 Holly C

Holly C

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

TVB would be STUPID if they froze her... people can't get enough of her as it is.. GO BERNICE!

#13 TseSeenMui

TseSeenMui

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

have kevin and bernice ever been paired in a series? i can't recall... well they should because they look good together... hehee...

#14 dujun

dujun

★ girlfriend of nation boyfriend

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8367 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

The audience likes her doesn't mean she will be promoted cause she is nobody's favorite in TVB. But I don't want to see her being frozen too! Kevin and Bernice should really be paired up in the future since they look so good together. :thumbsup

#15 Asian-aholic

Asian-aholic

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3244 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

easily the best way to shoot yourself in the foot. Bernice is a popular up and comer. If they freeze her or terminate her contract, talk about suicidal.

#16 suugar

suugar

sugar for short

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3200 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

Kevins cousins going to be in the Entertainment Circle?
Wow, i wanna know who she/he is lol. xD

And Bernice, I dont know why TVB would freeze her anyways.
She's like everyones favourite right now and quite populaer.

#17 piccobello

piccobello

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:08 AM

Well looks like TVB is not really promoting her a lot now.
And yeah why should they..... her acting is still very bad. Low ratings.
They better promote Linda Chung.
Linda proves to be better than Myolie and Bernice after all.

#18 xSIMPLICITY

xSIMPLICITY

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:56 AM

lmao...TVB will NEVER freeze Bernice Liu. Everyone like loves her...! I am a personal fan myself =]

#19 o__o

o__o

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (piccobello @ Apr 12 2008 1 08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well looks like TVB is not really promoting her a lot now.
And yeah why should they..... her acting is still very bad. Low ratings.
They better promote Linda Chung.
Linda proves to be better than Myolie and Bernice after all.

Bernice's acting definetly still has room for imrovement, but Linda's acting is worse and her voice is annoying, Myolie and Bernice are way better than Linda anyday...

#20 gee!

gee!

What's crackalackin'

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1274 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:06 AM

bernice always looks nice...
2 many fans to be frozen by TVB
to da above person: but linda has only be acting for abit, unlike myolie and bernice, which they had been acting for longer, im not saying linda is better(shes actually worse) but she has improved more than myolie(not bernice) in short peroid and myolie is still actually quite bad in her acting and she has been in the industry for quite long, i hate to admit...
but then again, linda's been being promoted too much..

#21 racing_devil

racing_devil

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

TVB will be very stupid to freeze Bernice, their top earner for last yr

#22 mandy_candy33

mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:27 AM

bernice is so popular....i dont think tvb would freeze her because she makes a lot of money as well

#23 yycd

yycd

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:12 AM

First of all, I don't think Bernice acting is poor as quoted by Cold Autumn Tears and Picco. She is definitely much better than Linda Chung who happen to be highly promoted by TVB currently and must say she happens to be very lucky to play in HOG. But her acting remains VERY BAD.

As for Myolie, not sure why she has been dragged into the picture which has no relation whatso ever to this topic. She has always been good in acting since her debut. TVB openly acknowledge this fact, evidenced by her many HK as well overseas awards such Asian TV Best Performance 2007 where she even beat long time veteran Jessica Hsuan to win that award. Moreover, veterans actors such as Liza Wang, Louise Lee ( HOG) whom she has never acted with, Gallen Lo and Andy Hui has praises for her good acting.

Hence, i think it is totally absurd for you, Cold Autumn Tears to give a wrong impression about Bernice and Myolie ( other artists) so that your Linda Chung looks goods.

#24 Guest_misz_alice_*

Guest_misz_alice_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

I think Bernice's acting is pretty good and too be honest some of the people who are heavily promoted by TVB are the worst actors and actresses!! Bernice has improved her acting skills dramatically look at her acting in Survivor's Law compare too Steps or something? She improved!!

#25 kittymaro

kittymaro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:42 AM

can anyone tell me why bernice is so famous with tvb?? she doesnt look that great, can't really act either

#26 joey_k

joey_k

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1749 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:32 AM

I really doubt TVB will actually freeze Bernice. She's making a tonne of money and TVB has a good share of that. If I were Bernice, I wouldn't sign a contract with TVB for 8 years. That's basically all the time she has to make money. It's just like Michelle Ye, she was smart and left TVB. She's making a lot of money now. I predict if Bernice leaves TVB her success will surpass Michelle. Bernice's image is way better than Michelle and imo, she's much friendlier.