AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Chapman To Man Chat (杜汶泽)

chapman to to man chat

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
122 replies to this topic

#81 Eklipze

Eklipze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

I think Chapman To is a great actor, he can be serious AND funny.

Although I think he specializes in more lighter funny films, he was great in My date with a vampire, I was quite sad they didn't put him in the 3rd one =[.

He was also good in A Melody Looking, I was surprised when he started singing, not bad.

#82 Princess Afz

Princess Afz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

Chapman hardly play a serious role.. majority funny roles.. haha..

#83 fly_ultimate

fly_ultimate

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

Chapman hardly play a serious role.. majority funny roles.. haha..

:buahaha right agree with you totally. I especially like his role in Initial D :worship

#84 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:34 PM

Yea he's funny but he looked so serious during the TVB anniversary awards last year and even kinda unhappy, I was so surprised. He's probably really serious when it comes to acting.

#85 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:24 AM

I read a news saying that he is in debt. The statements say he did not pay his rental income to Andy and it suddenly became a hit news. Anyone heard of this?

#86 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:52 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Credits: Serena @ http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com

Charmaine Sheh and Chapman To Feel the Elderly Are Forlorn

Even though there is a surplus in the government. The budget report did not include an increase to the monthly old age allowance. It only suggested a one time payment of HK$3000 to the elderly. This really disappointed a lot of people. Even a group of artistes including Charmaine Sheh, Chapman To and Kevin Cheng feels the injustice done to the elderly. Charmaine said: “Electrical rebate of HK$1800. Thanks a lot. Why don’t we use all of the HK$1800 rebate and give it to senior citizens. This way they can eat better and enjoy their remaining years. The younger people can work for their money. Artistes don’t get a lot of benefits. It would be great if the government can cut our taxes! If not, we should give more to the senior citizens.”

Chapman To also agrees with increasing the old age allowances (fruit money). He said: “You give HK$3000 to the seniors all at once. So you want them to buy an expensive Japanese melon! I believe the more useful approach is to increase the monthly fruit money. Also, alcohol is not a necessity so it shouldn’t be exempt from taxes. They should give more to seniors.” Kevin Cheng is also paying close attention to the senior’s problems. He said: “Some senior doesn’t even have HK$2 for lucky pockets. It is heart wrenching. I hope the government can give more benefits to the elderly.” Karena Lam and Don Li also agree that everyone would be happy if the government increased the old age allowances and add more benefits.

Also, Niki Chow expressed that she would benefit from the tax deduction for the HK$25000 limit. Alcohol and house wines would be tax-free. On-on Yu (余安安) said: “We don’t need to go overseas to buy wine. It benefits us and not the other countries. We can also attract other people to buy Hong Kong made wine. It will help the development of Hong Kong as a wine spot.” Cissy Wang was excited and said: “I would benefit If I had a pub.” Nicola Cheung said: “Good! It’s expensive to drink wine in Hong Kong. But I am not encouraging more people to drink wine.”

#87 dragon51013

dragon51013

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

ahah i love this guy hes soo funny, hes always in those gangster movies and makes the movie so much better and yea he is married. he got the nickname soi keung from the movie infernal affairs i think and now everybody calls him that

#88 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

Credits: Serena @ http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com

Chapman To: Haven’t Owed Money in 15 Years; Rumoured to be Property Owner Despite Owing HK$10 Millions

Chapman To allegedly owes HK$10 millions and still owns real estate property. He and his wife Kristal Tin is moving from a large property to a small property which indicates their financial predicament.

Yesterday, a magazine article pointed out that Chapman owes Peter Lam and Alfred Yeung a combined total of HK$9 million. Luckily, Andy Lau is forgetting about past bygones and lent Chapman HK$1 million to help with the financial woes. Kristal is standing by Chapman and willing to work through the hard times.

Yesterday, reporters wanted to confirm with Chapman about his million dollars debt and need to borrow money to get through daily life. Chapman denied his debt and said: “If the debt rumours were true, I would mind it. But I don’t mind these rumours.” Chapman expressed that he hasn’t owe his friends money for nearly 15 years. Stories about his creditor on his doorstep were made up. The one only true thing was his property was in Harbour Place.

Is your wife, Kristal Tin, unhappy about the rumours? Chapman said he married a good wife. He said: “She is the best there is. She isn’t unhappy about the rumours.” Do you owe Andy millions of dollars? Chapman said: “There is a lot of negative news lately. I know who my true friend is. There are a lot of people who support and love me. Andy is definitely a true friend and I am grateful to him.”

Chapman rented a 3000 feet luxury house in Kadoorie Hill from Andy. Last year, Andy took back the property and Chapman bought a 559 feet property at Harbour Place. He moved from a spacious to a small place. Chapman said: “I lived in a 1000 feet property and I really can’t afford to buy a luxury house. At the start of last year, my friend said the real estate market was hot. I rented properties for 30 years and felt that it was time to buy in.” Chapman can’t believe that he has negative news surrounding him even though he bought property.

Chapman supposedly offended a lot of people. He has a lot less work than his glory days. Now, he is relying on Kristal’s TV series to help out with living cost. He said: “My work hasn’t stopped. I just finished the movie “Lady Cop and Papa Crook” and I will film a new movie directed by Herman Yau. I may have a chance to produce a movie this year.”

#89 aleotai

aleotai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Chapman to is one funny guy! i liked him with Leon in Moonlight in tokyo. He doesn't make enough movies!!! grrr

#90 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6883 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

well good new for Chapman supporters! He'll be in TVB 80 episodes sitcom with Liza, Ron, and Denise or is already filming it. He's going to be Denise Ho's male secretary haha gonna have some really funny scenes between them. Oh and Chapman and Denise have know each other since they were young cause Chapman is Denise's Father's student.
They know each other so well so the chemistry in the series should be awesome

Edited by sport388, 17 May 2009 - 09:00 PM.

#91 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Liza Wang perms her hair to be the Office Queen
Saturday May 23, 2009 Hong Kong
Source:On.cc
Translated by: Matchbox @ http://mediachamber.net

Liza Wang, Chapman To, Denise Ho and Ron Ng attended the costume fitting for new TVB sitcom (女皇辦公室) "Office Queen"". The cast gathered together in TVB City and the atmopshere was very lively. Liza changed her hairstyle and appeared with permed hair. She stated that her husband Law Ka Ying was not in Hong Kong and has yet to see her new look.

Chapman To will treat Liza Wang as a little girl

Posted Image Posted Image

Liza Wang is known for having high expectations while filming a series. She doesn't like the artistes to be late. This will be Chapman To's debut TVB series. He expressed that he wasn't worried of being late and described himself as a old man. He has a habit of sleeping early and getting up early. He also stated that the sitcom shooting time schedule was stable. It will be filmed mostly in the studio rather than outdoors, so it would be very suitable for him. The reporter mentioned that artistes who work with Liza often feel pressure. Chapman laughed and said "If someone thinks that it will be a lot of pressure then obviously they will feel that. Every one should treat her as a little girl, have respect and admire her. That way you won't feel any pressure."

Denise Ho who has not filmed a TVB series for a decade will be paired up with Chapman. But because Denise knows him too well she refuses to have any intimate scenes with him. She said "We will be professional and do what we need to do."

#92 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

http://gallery.asian...p...&pid=718934
Posted ImagePosted Image

Source: On.cc
Matchbox @ http://www.illusive-serenity.co.cc

Liza Wang: I am older but I can handle it

Liza Wang, Denise Ho, Chapman To and Ron Ng etc attended the blessing ceremony for the new sitcom "The Queen of the Office" yesterday. Recent rumors claimed that Chapman found shooting his debut TVB series very tiring. It is said that he requested TVB to restrict his working hours to 12 hours per day. Liza Wang said "I am not clear about this, I only know that he isn't present at times. But I don't have such requests. My schedule is always full every day". (Would you request to cut down the hours?) "Shooting a series is like that, it's not too tiring either. If I really find it too much I would say something. Perhaps it's because he is a guest. I am older but I can handle it".

It is also the first time Liza, Chapman and Denise have worked together. Liza praised them for being on time and have comedy value.

Chapman didn't deny the 12 hour shift rumor. He stated that his working times and earnings are handled by his management. He will only care about his co-workers and the script. He said "I enjoy shooting this series. Let's not talk about other things. My health isn't as good as before, I am also getting older. When I get home from filming I feel very tired". (Liza said that she is older but she can handle it?) "This is the reason why Liza is so successful. I admire her abilities that's why I accepted to shoot this series".

#93 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

Chapman To and Wong Cho Lam Film Bed Scene
Thursday July 1, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily / Translated by: KAY @ kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Posted Image

In new film "La Comédie Humaine," Chapman To has a different kind of performance with Wong Cho Lam. Besides having "bed scenes" with Cho Lam, Chapman also showed up topless, trying to fight against the popular "lang mo." In the film, the two have a close and ambiguous relationship. Chapman said: "Because the scene is about I fainted due to a fever, he saved me and brought me home, he helped me to take off my shirt, releasing some heat, he also applied medicated oil on me and fed me congee." Asked his feelings of filming bed scene with Cho Lam, he said: "Not embarrassed, just two men. It's good that during filming he didn't do 'Fun With Liza and Gods' yet, didn't have Angelababy this pretty look, otherwise I really afraid I would have physiological reactions." Looking at his chest measurement, it's not bad compared to lang mo, he said: "After I quit smoking, I did get fatter, but doctor said I'm healthy and it's normal."

#94 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

Chapman To loses his voice after visiting 30 shows of his movie for promotion
Tuesday July 13, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Chapman To and Wong Cho Lam have been roaming around movie theaters in Hong Kong, Kowloon and the New Territories for four days since their new comedy film <La Comedie Humaine 人間喜劇> started playing. Under the permission of their directors Chan Hing Ka and Janet Chun they went to a total of 30 shows for "thank ticket action" in order to further promote their movie.

Chapman describes <Le Comedie Humaine> as his favorite movie in the 17 years he's been in the movie industry. He also admires director Chan Hing Ka for his self-financed film, so he completely supports him. Chapman has lost his voice due to the promotions he's done in the last four days, but seeing the positive response, he's already happy just thinking about it. Besides heavily rehearsing for his debut show that will be held end of this month, he also spent his free time in the 'thank ticket action', once audience sees him they get excited and scream. Cho Lam also took some time off to fly solo to Malaysia for promotions, hoping to bring in more ticket sales for the movie.

#95 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

Chapman To tailors the film DIVA for Joey Yung
Sunday March 20, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

The Hong Kong Entertainment Expo formally opened yesterday. Emperor Motion Pictures (EEG) showed off their fortunes, investing 7 figures on designing a pavilion and announced that they will be investing HK$500 million on 4 grand production films. The films will suit the different tastes of audience. One of the films is believed to be The Viral Factor (逆戰) directed by Dante Lam, starring Nicholas Tse and Jay Chou. The story is about a super virus spread globally. Shooting also takes place in the far land of Jordan in the Middle East. The film is vowed to create another Hong Kong film legend!

Chapman To tailored a film for Joey Yung entitled DIVA, which is scheduled to start shooting mid-2011. Chapman made it clear early: "This time, I want to tell everyone how high Joey can be made up of as an artist." He has high expectations for this film. As for Tony Leung, Sean Lau and Zhou Xun's Grand Magician (大魔術師) is a story about a magician during the warlords period willing to risk danger in order to fight for love. Daniel Wu, Chang Chen and Liu Ye's The King's Feast (王的盛宴) is currently shooting in Beijing.

#96 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Chapman To says goodbye to Weibo too
Wednesday March 28, 2012 Hong Kong
Posted Image

Like Shu Qi, Chapman To was too attacked by Netizens due to the Donnie Yen issue. Yesterday he left a message on Weibo telling fans to not miss him and soon after he deleted all of his Weibo entries. Reporters contacted Chapman to confirm, he admitted that he has stopped using Weibo: "This is my personal decision. After Shu Qi enlightened me, I've been too into Weibo in the last two years. If there are always disputes, fans will not be happy and it will affect my everyday life. I have to get back to reality."

The other night, Chapman attended the premiere for new film Vulgaria with his wife Kristal Tin. When asked about Shu Qi's incident on Weibo, he expressed he believes she can get through the crisis and the incident is a very small ripple in her life.

#97 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:35 AM

Chapman diagnosed with a strange illness, paralysis in the limbs
Wednesday April 25, 2012 Hong Kong

Posted Image

In the recent month, the weather in Hong Kong switches from hot and cold, lots of citizens are catching the flu due to the inconsistent weather, Chapman To included. After being ill for a month, a few days ago Chapman suddenly has a double vision condition, lost of muscle reflexes and even imbalance. Chapman went to see the doctor and was diagnosed with a rare disease called Miller Fisher. It was understood, the most severe case could be paralysis or even difficulty in breathing, leading to suffocation and eventually death.

Yesterday Chapman accepted a phone interview and spoke about his current condition. He said: "Since I live in a single family home, I will be more careful when going down the stairs. This disease is rare in HK, so the doctor drew my blood and sent it to the United States for a lab test and determine how severe my case is. The recovery period should be about 2 weeks to 6 months." Chapman is currently suffering from double vision and tetraplegia (paralysis in limbs/torso), but he optimistically expressed: "Although if this disease is serious, it can be fatal, but its rare!"

Due to Chapman's illness, he had to stop working immediately and cancel jobs, including the trip to The Locamo International Film Festival. Chapman said: "This year I have two films nominated in the film festival The Bounty and Vulgaria. I really wanted to go, but now I can't go!" His manager (Mani Fok) frankly expressed she was frightened when she heard of Chapman's condition. She was very worried and immediately modified his work schedule, turning down all jobs for the next two months, losing about 7 figures!

Chapman said losing 7 figures is not as important, but actually what gives him the most headache is he's affecting the casting process of his latest film Super Manager 超級經理人. He expressed: "Initially I was going to go the Beijing Dance Academy in May to look for new artists, but now I can't go. Such a headache, will have to come up with another plan!"

The person that is most worried about Chapman's condition is his wife, Kristal Tin, but because Kristal is currently in NingBo shooting a series, so she can't be by Chapman's side to take care of him. She is super worried! When reporters phoned Kristal, she was clearly in a confusion. For all the questions asked, she only answered them half way and her voice gave away how worried she was about her husband. She said: "I'm really worried about him! A few days ago when I didn't know what was happening yet, I really wanted to go back to HK immediately, but he told me not to. Now that I know he's sick, I'm worried if he can recover and what makes me most unhappy is that I can't be there to take care of him. But, he comforted me back, and joked that the illness won't affect his brain, so when he recovers he will still be just as handsome and smart. He took a picture of a large pile of food he bought home to eat, and said he knows how to take care of himself. Aiya, but my feelings are even more complicated when he does that."

Chapman's good friends from the industry such as Fiona Sit and Elanne Kong were extremely worried about his condition. They called him to ask about his condition, making Chapman very touched.

#98 starlightcolors

starlightcolors

faq.asianfanatics.net

• News Crew
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Chapman To obediently diligently meditates to recover

Posted Image

Source: http://yueyu.cntv.cn...01/105454.shtml
Translated by: Starlightcolors @ http://asianfanatics.net

Chapman To is ill with "Miller Fisher Syndrome" and is currently recovering at home. His wife Kristal Tin returned from mainland to Hong Kong on April 28 to take care of him. The day before yesterday with the accompaniment of his wife, Chapman To went for a walk outdoors to take in the sunshine, their hands intertwined in mutual love.

During an interview, Chapman To stated that he has not left home for 5 days and is taking strolls outside his room for a short while with the accompaniment of his "private nurse" (his wife) and the weather is great. The doctor repeatedly urged him that while recuperating at home, besides taking medicine at fixed times, meditating is also very important, because meditating is able to regulate the body and mind to reach its best state.

Kristal Tin stated: "My husband is very obedient, listens very well to what the doctor said, and has been meditating in the morning, at noon, and in the evening." In a little while, she will have to return back to mainland to work and will thus be unable to accompany her husband for future doctor visits.

#99 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

Chapman To recovered from rare syndrome: "Got My Life Back"
Thursday June 21, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Late April, Chapman To was diagnosed with the Miller Fisher Syndrome, a rare condition in which patients experience double vision, eye movement abnormalities, weaknesses in the limbs and sensory loss. His body setting off the alarm, Chapman didn't dare to neglect it, and immediately stopped working. It was estimated he lost about 7 figures during his hiatus, however, he deeply understood health is the most important. His wife, Kristal Tin, was very worried and remained in HK to look after him. Fortunately, it was later confirmed his condition was considered minor and with treatment, he can fully recover.

Last night, Chapman attended The Bounty film premiere and was in a great mood as he just returned from the US. He said he already recovered before he left HK, and the doctor approved of him taking the flight. It's a tradition for him to visit his mentor in the US annually, but the magazines said his condition worsen, so he had to seek medical treatment in the US. That was just gossip news. It seems he has put on some weight? Chapman laughed: "I've been sitting, eating and sleeping every day during my break, so I have definitely gained weight. I look just like those New Territories pigs. But, I won't be losing the weight now because my next film Super Manager, I play a manager collaborating with Charlene Choi, so I have to have some weight."

Recalling the time he was ill, the most severe was when he couldn't breathe. He said: "One time I was sitting up straight, suddenly I couldn't breathe. That moment, I thought I was going to die. I really got my life back this time. After getting through this illness, it enlighten me and I learned to take things easy and relax." When speaking of Kristal Tin being the one who was most worried, has he thought of making a will? He said: "I gave everything to my wife already, when I die, she'll be the happiest one and get rich immediately."

Alex Man makes his comeback in new film The Bounty, his wife, nephew and nieces, and good friends from Mainland all attended to support him. Alex gave out "Man" lucky envelopes to the cast on stage. In the film, Fiona Sit plays his daughter and gets double, she said: "With Father Man here, the morale is especially high. Earlier during the end of filming celebration, he wanted Chapman to be his apprentice, so he took off his diamond ring on the spot and gave it to him as a gift."

Willing to come back to TVB for Mona Fong

Fiona exposes Alex's diamond ring secret, he said: "It's a gift to my apprentice, but Chapman didn't accept it. (Will you accept Fiona as your god daughter?) No, I never thought of that." Alex said there are other production companies inviting him to shoot movies, but he hasn't considered returning to the TV industry yet. HK television industry pays too little? "I don't want to waste time, Mainland productions are different, the market is big. I can say I am pretty expensive, can't afford to hire me is one of the reasons." He reveals TVB hasn't recruited him back, but if Mona Fong does come to him, he will definitely come back."

#100 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Fiona Sit's Cup Size Increased, Chapman To Ridicules Her Breasts are too Big
Monday February 25, 2013 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image Posted Image

Chapman To's three night stand-up comedy show Ka La Show (咔啦騷) ended last night. Chapman's wife Kristal Tin, good friends Edmond Pang, Natalie Tong and Derek Tsang were all there to support him. In the previous two shows, Chapman invited sexy goddesses Chrissie Chau and Dada Chan as guests to act as astronauts at his show, but last night he invited Fiona Sit, who only had an average body figure, to be his guest.

When the staff helped Fiona into the astronaut costume, there was a big surprise, it turns out Fiona's cup size went from an A cup to a C cup. Chapman suddenly started ridiculing Fiona in public: "Your neck is long and shoulders so narrow, but it's odd your 'balls' (breasts) are so big. Where can you find such a big bra in your house?" Fiona immediately refuted him: "I made a special trip to Korea to get a boob job, I borrowed the bra from my mom!" Then Chapman took Fiona and rumored boyfriend Khalil Fong to joke with, which made Fiona really embarrassed. He said: "I hope you can really 'pick up' Khalil Fong and Jaycee Chan as soon as possible! Your breasts are so big, Jaycee will definitely like you!" Later, the two continued the conversation about the past and at one point, Chapman gave Fiona a hug, but criticized her again: "I told you not to use flat things! Why is your breast so hard!" Chapman made the audience laugh nonstop.

Makes Wife Kristal Tin Cry

Chapman also disclosed his history of being a playboy back when he still worked at ATV and frankly expressed he's grateful that his wife had been so loyal to him. Chapman concluded with a declaration of love to Kristal. He expressed to the audience, telling them not to misunderstand that a successful man means he has a lot of women, actually having just one good woman is considered successful. He hopes the men out there will be able to find their Kristal Tin, just like he did. Sitting in the audience, Kristal became so emotional, she teared up.

After the show, the couple met backstage and engaged in a passionate kiss, and even kissed another few times for the media to take pictures. Kristal expressed she did not know Chapman would talk about his playboy history, and frankly expressed Chapman deliberately tried hide it from her, "I went to his rehearsals, but he only rehearsed the first part of the show. Usually when he's at home reading the script, he doesn't read out loud and even puts the script under his pillow!" As for Chapman praising she's a good wife? Kristal said with teary eyes: "He placed the limelight on me. He knows how to appreciate my strengths, I feel very lucky to have married him."

Chapman expressed he does not plan to add more shows, but is holding another talk show in Macau in July. If there is good response, he will consider performing overseas and other countries: "There aren't as many restrictions in Macau. When the time comes, I'll be using more profanity in the talk show! However I won't consider holding a talk show in Mainland." When asked how he's going to make up to his wife? He said: "Take good care of myself and her, that would be enough! (Your wife cried?) She feels sinful, it's not tears of happiness, but rather she knows she has her own hardships."

#101 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Chapman To wins Best Actor
Wednesday March 6, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-055000331.html

Posted Image

It doesn't matter if "Vulgaria" was slammed as "garbage" recently. Its lead actor Chapman To was the one who had the last laugh when he received the Best Actor award for his performance in the movie.

As reported on HK Top Ten blog, on 4 March, the 19th Hong Kong Film Critic Society award finally held their awards presentation after announcing its winners earlier in February.

Meanwhile, "Motorway" won Best Picture, with Soi Cheang Pou Soi ("Motorway") and Dante Lam ("The Viral Factor") sharing the Best Director award.

Chapman To revealed that his intentions when he first produced the film was to support Joey Yung and Mag Lam, not to win an award for himself.

He said, "I used to want to an award very much and make literary drama like other people. I finally realised that everything should come sincerely from the heart. This time I also worked behind the scenes and I won an award, from now on I would service the film industry in peace."

However, no actress has been named Best Actress, as the critics society earlier decided that there were no solid roles for women in any of the Hong Kong films of 2012.

To this, Chapman To expressed, "I thought Elanne Kong Lam deserved to win Best Actress through "Love Lifting". Her performance was very touching, but she has been recognised through the Hong Kong Film Award nomination. Some said that she was a surprise, but I say she is the favourite!"

#102 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Chapman To establish company
Wednesday March 20, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-085500826.html

Posted Image

Actor Chapman To recently announced that he is establishing his own production company and plans produce five films in near future.

TVB News World reported that on 18 March, the actor revealed that with the support of Satellite television movie channel and Emperor Motion Pictures' "Go Local", the actor was able to set up his production company, Hong Kong Film Production Company.

Chapman explained, "Emperor isn't giving me the capital to start my own company, but the chance to collaborate with them."

"I am just one of the stockholders with the least share and most work," he added jokingly.

The actor expressed his intentions to produce five films in the next three years, with three of them involving Sandra Ng, Charlene Choi and Fiona Sit.

Chapman stated, "Sandra will play a female mob and Charlene will participate in the film adaptation of the play "29+1". As for me, I hope to focus on administrative and behind-the-scenes work."

The actor expressed his concerns regarding the overabundance of China and Hong Kong co-production films with mainland female stars in the leads, stating that Hong Kong actresses were given less opportunities to play meatier roles in their own territory. For that reason alone, Chapman plans to make a lot of movies that focuses on women and feminine issues.

#103 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

Ah Sa Constantly Checks on Ronald Cheng, Chapman To: You "8 Por"
Thursday August 15, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) portrays an outstanding manager in EEG's new film Super Manager. Ah Sa expressed she purposely imitates her real manager Mani Fok because they have known each other for many years, so she knows everything about her. When speaking of collaborating with Chapman To, it turns out Ah Sa and Chapman were on bad terms back in the days when Ah Sa was still married to Ronald Cheng. Chapman said: "At the time, she was still with Ronald. One night, Ronald came to my house to drink, but I saw he was always on the phone. I had a little too much to drink, so I snatched the phone away from him and shouted '8 Por' to Ah Sa." Ah Sa said: "He's really a bad man! I really hated him at the time! After that, I treated him like he was invisible." Later when Chapman joined EEG, he and Ah Sa went out on a business trip and were on the same flight, he took initiative, went up to Ah Sa and apologized to her. Since then, they were no longer on bad terms.

It was reported Ah Sa and boyfriend William Chan are cohabiting and are planning for marriage. Her manager, Mani Fok, denied the marriage rumor on her behalf. "Because they each have their own individual careers to pursue for, hope the public don't misunderstand. Also, they are just living in the same neighborhood."

#104 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

Chapman To Turns Muscular, Shares His New Figure on Instragram
Friday September 20, 2013 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image

The summer season brought beautiful legs to mother earth, but it turns out the autumn season brings the muscles. Three "HK guys" posted photos of their muscular bodies on social networking sites. The most surprising was Chapman To, who had been known to have a chubby figure. He uploaded a surprising photo of his new figure on Instagram, showing off his new "chocolates". Looks like he successfully lost weight and turned into a 'light version' Nick Cheung. Chapman disclosed: "I spent half a year in the gym. I had to do aerobic exercises for an hour each day and weight lifting about 3-4 days a week. Controlling my diet is healthy, I got enough protein each day and had less meals. Don't fall for any of those so-called secrets, just believe in your own determination and discipline. The weight loss process is endless, don't think just because you made a small achievement that its called successful! This is just the beginning! Work hard everyone!"

Louis Cheung trained himself hard for his concert and even cried during the process. Fortunately his wife Kay Tse was there to support him. Benjamin Yuen shared a photo of his grandfather when he was young and compared the picture to himself. They were both just as built.

#105 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Chapman To slams Deric Wang's unpatriotic remarks
Thursday November 7, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-053500995.html

Posted Image

Chapman To was recently involved in an online war with former TVB artist Deric Wan.

As reported on Wenweipo website, the conflict began when Deric, who moved to mainland China to further his acting career, declared on Weibo his love for China – a statement that was slammed by many due to the political strain between Hong Kong and mainland China.

Among those who were enraged with Deric include Chapman, who was earlier annoyed by Deric's jokes on Weibo.

Prior to the declaration of love for China, Deric uploaded an old photo of his father, and wrote, "A lot of people said that my father and Chapman look alike. Maybe my dad and his ... Ha ha", jokingly hinting that Chapman's mother and his father may have gotten together, only to receive an angry reply from Chapman who replied with profanity and said, "If you make a joke at the expense of my mother again, I will beat you up!"

In regards to Deric's China-loving statement, Chapman wrote, "There is no equality when it comes to occupations, but it is for character! You betray yourself just to make ends meet. But one should always remember one's roots before saying things that hurt the feelings of more than 7 million people.
"
He added that though there is nothing wrong about earning money in the country, there is no need for a Hong Kong man to be patriotic about the Communist Party.

Saying that he is embarrassed to appear in the same news with Deric, Chapman wrote, "It's all the matter of demand and supply. For example, yesterday, I was filming in Japan. Tomorrow I'll be going to Hangzhou to film a Chinese film. I have these opportunities because I am a dedicated actor, not because I'm a Communist."

#106 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Chapman To doesn't mind nudity for charity
Saturday February 8, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-042700559.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Chapman To may have tried losing weight numerous times before, but the actor revealed that his latest attempt to portray a porn star for upcoming film, "Naked Ambition 2" has been the most successful so far.

According to Mingpao, Chapman, who began to lose weight and trained for muscles since half a year ago, enthused that unlike previous attempts, this time around, he was able to maintain his look even after filming concluded.

"An advertiser saw how fit I was, so they asked me to pose topless for an ad campaign," said the actor in regards to his maintained look, though refused to elaborate more.

When asked if he would publish a nude photo book like Chinese actor Elvis Tsui did, Chapman laughed and said, "To have a figure like Elvis has always been my life goal. [Photographer] Wing Shya did offer to shoot a photo book for me."

"If it's for charity, then I don't mind. I can show everything if anyone is willing to look!" the actor added.

Chapman also proudly shared that his physical training has enabled him to lower his triglyceride level.

"The doctor said I am all better and my diet is back to normal now. My weight and shape haven't rebounded. My doctor said that the human body has memory and that after half a year of training programme, my body lost all the memory of my fat. But it would come back if I keep eating for a whole month!" said Chapman.

However, the actor said that he is careful not to revert to his original self, expressing his wish to be healthy at 42.

#107 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Chapman To draws inspiration from Stephen Chow
Tuesday February 18, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-051700979.html

Posted Image

Chapman To revealed that he has drawn inspiration from actor-turned-filmmaker Stephen Chow to play the role of Tong Pak Fu in his new comedy movie, "Tong Pak Fu Up in the Clouds".

The actor, who recently attended the photography session for the movie with his co-stars Dada Chan and Connie Man, stated that his character will have some of the traits from Stephen Chow's own version of the character in "Flirting Scholar" (1993).

However, Chapman said that he is not afraid of being compared to the comedy actor or even being accused of plagiarising Stephen's performance, saying, "I don't mind being accused of copying him or being compared to him. Quality stuff should have no problem about counterfeiting!"

"How can I surpass Stephen Chow's 100 million Yuan performance? To be able to get one out of ten of his aura would be fine by me," the actor quipped.

When asked if he has bought the movie DVD to research the role, Chapman replied, "There is no need to. The movie is on rerun every Lunar New Year!"

In the new comedy movie, Chapman plays a modern-day pilot who accidentally travels to the past while flying his plane. Upon stumbling across legendary scholar Tong Pak Fu, he knocks him out and takes over his identity.

#108 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Chapman To makes directorial debut
Wednesday February 19, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-033900851.html

Posted Image

It was reported that Chapman To will be reversing his role as an actor with Pang Ho Cheung and Derek Kwok, and will helm a movie which stars the two directors instead.

As reported on Filmbiz Asia, the comedy actor reportedly will be making his directorial debut with "Miserable World" (tentatively titled), a post-apocalyptic movie set in a world where most of the male inhabitants have been killed by a virus and caused the only two surviving men to become women's prey for sex.

Chapman, who is producing, writing, as well as directing the film, will be doing so with a budget of HKD 10 million (approx. USD 1.29 million) and will begin production in summer.

When asked about his first time playing a leading role in a movie, Pang Ho Cheung, who was last seen in Wong Jing's "Mr. & Mrs. Player", light-heartedly commented, "Actors are very busy with work and their salary are expensive. They are also slowly venturing into directing. So I thought, I might as well star in a movie myself."

"Miserable World" is slated for release during the Christmas season.

#109 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

Charlene Choi stars in Chapman To's new production
Wednesday February 26, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-030906843.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong singer-actress Charlene Choi has recently confirmed her participation in a new movie to be produced by comedy actor, Chapman To.

According to On CC, Charlene will be starring in "Que Sera Sera", a movie produced by Chapman To's film company. She will play the role of a female reporter who finds herself caught up in a series of incidents after rescuing a child prostitute in Thailand.

The movie, which will be helmed by director Herman Yau, will begin filming in Chiang Mai, Thailand and Hong Kong in March.

Chapman revealed that he first thought about the idea while he was in a photography session for Anti-Slavery Day, which also involved Charlene.

"I thought at first that this kind of thing happens every day. So I thought about writing a script about it. We wanted to film it in Thailand first, but due to the political instability in the area, we will start in Hong Kong," said Chapman.

While speaking about Charlene's role, Chapman revealed that there will be some explicit scenes involving her and co-star Simon Yam.

Chapman said, "I believe that this movie will be Charlene's biggest breakthrough, so she have to put in a lot of work to prepare for it."

He also expressed his utmost confidence in Herman Yau, saying that the "Ip Man: The Final Fight" director is capable in handling such a controversial topic.

#110 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

Chapman To annoyed with Facebook
Monday March 3, 2014 Hong Kong
Source:http://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/chapman-annoyed-facebook-093500109.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Chapman To was annoyed that the promotional stills for his upcoming movie, "Naked Ambition 3D", has been deleted by Facebook repeatedly due to reports made against it.

According to Net Ease, on 1 March, the actor posted a series of photos on his Facebook wall. One of them, a photo that features a naked adult video actress straddling him, was reported as inappropriate by several Facebook users and was removed by the social network.

The actor was upset that the photo was deleted, and commented, "This is not a sex photo. It's from "Naked Ambition"!"

Another photo, which shows Chapman's character pointing to an AV actress' chest on a monitor, was also reported and removed.

To this, he said, "I can't even cover it up? You want us to pose with down jackets? You can keep reporting my photos, but if you think that it will stop me, you are wrong."

"Naked Ambition is hard to stop!" the actor added.

But later, in some kind of humorous retaliation to his retorts, his childhood photos were also reported as inappropriate to Facebook!

#111 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Chapman To has no expectations for "Naked Ambition 3D"
Saturday March 29, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-091300900.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Chapman To has no expectations for his new movie, "Naked Ambition 3D" when asked about his box office estimation.

As reported on Mingpao, while speaking to the media at the movie premiere the actor stated, "I don't expect to make money. I just want people in Hong Kong to know that there are still artistes who make Hong Kong-themed films."

"I don't stress myself with the box office records. The most important thing is that people enjoy the movie," said the actor.
When asked if he plans to make a third movie, Chapman said that the production has already been planned for that.

"The initial concept is a period film. I play a man in the Ming Dynasty who is mistaken for a real eunuch. He then goes to Japan and problems ensue," revealed Chapman.

However, he stressed that they will not make it in 4D, saying that 3D is the best choice for the moment.

#112 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:16 AM

Joey Yung Scolds Chapman To: "The Only Person I Dislike"; Chapman Apologizes Hoping to Patch Friendship
Sunday March 30, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao

Posted Image

A few nights ago, Joey Yung participated in music producer "Ronald Ng's Imagination Concert 56X LIVE 2014" held at HK Coliseum, where she performed 3 gold songs all in one go. When it was Chapman To's chance to perform on stage, before he began singing Joey's Avoiding You (逃避你), he made his 'Film King speech': "Two years ago I asked her (Joey) boss Albert Yeung to invest in the film DIVA. I said the film will make Joey the next Film Queen, but in the end she didn't get the award. Instead, I got the Film King title. She just said to me backstage that I made a fool out of her, so I dedicate this song to Joey. I hope she'll never encounter another bad person like me again."

Joey doesn't throw a fit often, but yesterday afternoon she suddenly posted an angry message directing at Chapman To on several of her social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Weibo), she wrote: "Democratic Hero Chapman To, I personally have always done my part. Whenever I get an opportunity, I strive to grasp it. My participate in the film DIVA was never because I wanted to get the Film Queen award. You're an adult, when will you learn to stop causing trouble and not step down on others to lift yourself up?"

Joey then continued thanking Chapman for inviting her to participate in the film: "You helped me, I am grateful, but it is not the first time your self-reliant eloquence has hurt others for fun. I really can't stand this. No matter how much you know how to package your image, you are the only person in the entertainment circle that I dislike. This is how the leopard can't change its spots (People can't change their nature). Even Buddha is on fire too."

Chapman To knew he was wrong. He apologized to Joey on Facebook twice. "I personally want to make a sincere apology to Ms. Joey Yung." He stressed in his life, this is the first time he felt regret for what he said. It was all because he cherished his friendship with Joey. "I'm not asking for your forgiveness, I just hope you're well! I'm sorry!" Two hours later, Chapman made another apology: "After this incident, I will really reflect on myself." Last night at 7pm, Joey attended the second night of Ronald Ng's concert, she didn't stop for interviews and just waved at reporters as she walked. Last night, Chapman was absent from his performance.

#113 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

Chapman To wants a bonus if movie succeeds
Friday April 11, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-084500660.html

Posted Image

Despite mainland Netizens' threat of boycotting him and his movies due to his support of Taiwanese protesters, Hong Kong actor Chapman To can now let out a sigh of relief, as his new movie "The Naked Ambition 3D" was able to make HKD 7 million (approx. USD 902,713) at the box office in only five days.

According to Mingpao, while speaking to the media at an event celebrating the success of the movie alongside co-stars Candy Yuen, Derek Tsang and others, Chapman expressed his hopes that the movie will be able to exceed the record made by his previous film, "Vulgaria", which made HKD 32 million (USD 4.13 million) during its release.

"But right now I hope it will break HKD 10 million. It will be quite difficult, since there are so many Hollywood blockbusters showing at the same time," said the actor.

In regards to "The Midnight After", which was released at the same time, Chapman said, "To me, the movie is more like a friend than a rival. We are both Hong Kong films and should support each other, though as the lead actor, I have to answer to the shareholders!"

When asked what he would do if the movie does break "Vulgaria's" record, Chapman replied, "I will do nothing. But I would suggest that our producer, Louis Koo give us bonuses instead, like how Keanu Reeves did for the stunt team when "The Matrix" did well. Our Louis Koo is generous indeed!"

As for the third instalment of the "Naked Ambition" franchise, Chapman said that the movie will begin filming in October.

#114 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

Chapman To promises to be careful with his words
Friday August 18, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-160900916.html

Posted Image

Though his conflict with Joey Yung has yet to be resolved, Hong Kong actor Chapman To admitted that the incident has taught him a valuable lesson.

According to Mingpao, the actor who attended the 20th anniversary of STAR Chinese Movies recently, stated that he will be careful with his words from now on.

"I used to think I should be direct in everything and anything. But nowadays, aside from work, I think I am better off not saying much," he said.

He continued, "As a comedy actor, I would try to have some fun in my work sometimes. But I don't have to do that when I am not working."

Chapman also revealed that Joey, who previously said that he is the only person she hates in showbiz, has yet to answer his calls.

When asked if there will be awkwardness if the two of them stumbled across each other now that their friendship is on the brink, Chapman said, "I have nothing to comment. Let's just talk about work. I don't want to discuss other things other than work."

In regards to EEG boss, Albert Young saying that the he and Joey are like two children fighting, Chapman replied, "When an adult talks, other adults should respond. A child like me should not make any response."

#115 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

Chapman To treats Udine Festival as a vacation
Tuesday April 29, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-025700920.html

Posted Image

While his film has been selected to participate in the Far East Film Festival, Hong Kong actor Chapman To stated that he will only treat it as a vacation.

As reported on HK Top Ten, the actor, accompanied by wife Krystal Tin and producer Chan Hing Ka, was recently spotted at the airport before departing to Udine, Italy to participate in the said festival.

The actor, whose movie "Naked Ambition 3D" was selected to participate in the festival, stated that he is not anticipating any awards.

"It's hard to predict whether we will win an award or not. I am just using this trip as an excuse for an overseas' vacation. I will be back for work after a week anyway and won't be able to stay until 3 May for the awards," the actor revealed.

Other Hong Kong movies participating in the festival include Sandra Ng's "Golden Chickensss", Pang Ho Cheung's "Aberdeen" and Fruit Chan's "The Midnight After".

The Far East Film Festival, dedicated to showcasing Asian Cinema at its best, will be held from 25 April to 3 May in Udine, Italy.

#116 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

Chapman To denies early retirement over boycott issues
Wednesday May 28, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-034700807.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong actor Chapman To recently denied rumours saying that he has decided to retire from the movie business, following a serious boycott from mainland audiences.

According to Mingpao, Chapman had written a column in a newspaper which sounded like him saying goodbye to showbiz. The piece added that he had to go overseas due to personal matters.

Readers quickly assumed that the actor had decided to retire from showbiz due to the mess he made previously, when he refused to apologise to mainland fans for his anti Cross-Strait Trade Agreement statement and even made fun of those who express their dislike of his attitude.

His action did not only affect his movie, "Let Go For Love", a joint production starring stars from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, but also Pang Ho-Cheung's "Aberdeen", which Chapman made a cameo appearance in.

Even stars who are acquainted with him have been harassed by his haters, from his wife Kristal Tin to Louis Koo and even China's own beloved Wen Zhang.

However, Chapman denied rumours of his retirement, saying that he only said goodbye to the column as he would not be able to write it during his one-month break. He also denied that his hiatus has anything to do with the boycott.

"I have been in this business for several decades. If I don't make movies, what else can I do? I have to entertain viewers. Why would I retire just because of some negative news?" said Chapman also jokingly adding, "Do I look like DaDa [Chen]?"

As to his overseas vacation, Chapman said that he will be going to the U.S. with his wife, Kristal Tin and that it has been an annual ritual for him.

"Every June, I would go to the U.S. for a month. My mentor has a Buddhist school in the U.S. so I would go and meditate and listen to lectures. This year would be the sixth year I am doing this. It has nothing to do with the rumours," said Chapman.

Chapman also assured fans that he is fine and that the issue in mainland China has not affected him much.

"I rarely go to mainland China to make movies, so it doesn't change," said the actor, adding that after his holiday he will be working in two films; Chan Hing Ka's new comedy and the Charlene Choi-starrer, "Child Prostitute", in which he plays the producer.

#117 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

Chapman To not worried about boycott

Friday September 5, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-060400922.html

34pxclw.jpg

Despite the ongoing boycott in mainland China that has started since March due to his support of Taiwan's Sunflower Movement, Chapman To stressed that he is not worried about his upcoming comedy "Flirting in the Air" being shunned by mainlanders.

According to Oriental Daily News, the actor, who stars as the lead in the sex comedy directed by Aman Chang and produced by Wong Jing, stated that from the beginning the production had been focusing on the Hong Kong market.

"It's hard for a sex comedy to be a co-production due to the censorship. Thus, it will focus on entertaining the Hong Kong audience," he said.

It was also rumoured that the movie is an attempt made by Wong Jing to cash in from the success of the "Triumph in the Skies" franchise, and the producer wanted the movie to be released ahead of the movie version of the hit TVB series.

The movie, which also stars Dominic Ho, Lam Tse Chung and Dada Chen, tells the story of three womanising pilots who found themselves travelling back in time to Ming Dynasty after encountering a violent magnetic storm during a seemingly routine flight.

The movie will be released in Hong Kong cinemas on 1 October, and scheduled for release in Singapore on 9 October.

#118 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

Chapman To went after Dada Chan

Monday September 29, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-063800057.html

"As I thought about letting her go, she came back," said Chapman To recently, upon asked about Dada Chan's previous bout with depression.

According to a report on HK Top Ten, the two stars, who appeared on iCable's "Film Montage" to promote their new movie "Flirting in the Air" recently, talked about working together for the fifth time.

"When she said that she would retire from showbiz, I looked all over for her and urged her not to leave, but she continued to 'dive'," said Chapman.

Luckily, the actress returned after taking a break in November last year, and they were able to collaborate yet again on the Aman Chang movie.

"I needed a break to digest what is happening at the time," said Dada.

The actress also added that she is still in the learning process and hoped to continue to get more experience to add on to her acting skill.

"I hope to be able to play each and every character the best that I can. If I don't perform well, I would rather not play the character," she said.

Meanwhile, Chapman, who plays Tong Pak Fu in the upcoming movie, said that he is not worried about being compared to Stephen Chow.

"When two different actors play the same character, there will definitely be some comparison made by the audience. I know that I could not possibly be better than Stephen," the actor replied modestly.

#119 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

Chapman To: He needs the mainland market!

Monday October 20, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-070100557.html

2qdzz2v.jpg

Hong Kong actor Chapman To recently fired back at Wong Jing with a post addressing the director's previous decision to remove Anthony Wong, Denise Ho, and himself from his social network account due to their differences of opinion in regard to the Occupy Central Movement.

As reported on On CC News, the actor recently wrote a 1000-word post on his Facebook, criticising the director whom he believed supported the Central Government due to monetary reasons.

Chapman alleged that Wong was afraid to anger the mainlanders due to the box office profits he made from the mainland market, saying that not everybody focuses only on Hong Kong market like Chapman himself.

Mentioning his absence in "From Vegas to Macau 2", Chapman stated, "I starred alongside Chow Yun Fat in the original movie, which earned RMB 600 million at the box office in China, which is the highest box office earning Wong has ever taken."

"With the sequel, the cost was greatly improved and my pay check was also doubled. But then I showed my support to Taiwan's anti-trade protest, resulting to my abandonment before the shooting began. Our relationship has not changed, because I understand that others have their difficulties as well and should not blindly support me," said Chapman.

However, he speculated that Wong has invested a lot of money into "From Vegas to Macau 2", which will be released on Lunar New Year 2015, and would not risk the movie's success by showing support to pro-democracy.

The actor ended his post saying that Wong Jing has treated him well in the past and gave him a lot of acting jobs that enabled him to buy his own property from the money he made through Wong's movies.

He also wished the Hong Kong director a good health and great box office success for his new movie.

#120 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52066 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:05 AM

Chapman To uses his private kitchen to raise charity?

Monday January 5, 2015 Hong Kong

2t668.jpg mihq38.jpg

Chapman To (杜汶澤) is always well-known to have good culinary skills and transformed Dabu (大埔) apartment into a private kitchen. Recently, there is many festivals such as Christmas and New Year, and this made Chapman racking his brain to invent new dishes. After an inspiration, he thought of accepting 'money' to cook and wrote on the social networking site: "Starting from next meal, all friends are welcome to my house with a fee. The full amount will be donated to the charity." Chapman To is indeed a charitable person.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-ene...l.blogspot.com/