Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

Actor

Biography:

The ubiquitous Chapman To Man-Chat was born on June 8, 1972. He got his show business start in 1994, working mainly as an extra at ATV, one of Hong Kong's two main television studios. To got his big break in the popular television serial “My Date with a Vampire”, and in 1999 his work in the sequel won him an ATV Best Supporting Actor Award. Feeling he was worth more than what ATV was offering him, To left the studio in 2000. Shortly thereafter, he got a job co-hosting a radio program with Sandra Ng, which is now one of the most popular shows on HK Commercial Radio.
To began his movie career around 1999 and it gradually snowballed from there. Unlike other actors who also appear in truckloads of movies per year, To has been appearing in more high profile projects than low budget ones. Specializing in goofy or wisecracking supporting characters, he has turned in interesting performances in films like Jiang Hu: the Triad Zone (2000), Golden Chicken (2002) and My Lucky Star (2003). To's film career got its biggest boost when he was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Hong Kong Film Award for Infernal Affairs (2002). He also found time to appear in the provocative online series “20/30 Dictionary”, in which he shares some intimate scenes with his male co-stars.
To has even entered the publishing field. A two-part biography titled “The Goodson”, which details To's turbulent youth and early years as a struggling actor, was published in August of 2003. Addicted to gambling and cocaine at one point, To uses his autobiography to relate his frightening trip to rock bottom and back. He hopes it will serve as a cautionary tale to Hong Kong's youth.

Filmography:

House of the Damned (1999)
Black Blood (2000)
The Teacher without Chalk (2000)
Jiang Hu: the Triad Zone (2000)
Undercover Blues (2000)
Violent Cop (2000)[1]
Paramount Motel (2000)
Love Correction (2000)
Esprit D'Amour (2001)
Forever and Ever (2001)
Never Say Goodbye (2001)
Goodbye Mr. Cool (2001)
The Cheaters (2001)
Prison on Fire - Life Sentence (2001)
Prison on Fire - Plaintive Destiny (2001)
Let's Sing Along (2001)
Return from the Other World (2002)
Dry Wood Fierce Fire (2002)
Partners (2002)
The Irresistible Piggies (2002)
Mighty Baby (2002)
The Wall (2002)
Just One Look (2002)[cameo]
The Mummy, Aged 19 (2002)
Nine Girls and a Ghost (2002)
Infernal Affairs (2002)
Golden Chicken (2002)
My Lucky Star (2003)
Cat and Mouse (2003)
Diva - Ah Hey (2003)
Looking for Mr. Perfect (2003)
Honesty (2003)
Colour of the Truth (2003)
The Twins Effect (2003)
Men Suddenly in Black (2003)
Infernal Affairs II (2003)
The Spy Dad (2003)
Infernal Affairs III (2003)
Golden Chicken 2 (2003)
Enter the Phoenix (2004)
Jiang Hu (2004)
Love is a Many Stupid Thing (2004)
Super Model (2004)[cameo]
6 Strong Guys (2004)
Escape from Hong Kong Island (2004)
The Attractive One (2004)
Initial D (2005)

Source

Edited by AutumnTears, 27 November 2005 - 07:58 PM.

#2 Guests

• Guests

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:47 AM

He has a stable gf rite? i think itz some unknown model with the last name Tien.

#3 michele_forever

michele_forever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:05 AM

He has a stable gf rite? i think itz some unknown model with the last name Tien.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

his girlfriend is Tin Lu Lay, something like that but is also an actress
i remember seeing her in some atv series.

#4 Guests

• Guests

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:19 AM

His life is just like a movie, after I read his book. He is having a bad childhood, but with his bad experience, which makes him now is a good actor. I love to watch his movie and love to listen his radio shows.

#5 Tarepanda

Tarepanda

超高校級のweeby

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1117 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:34 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, her name's Tin Yuh Lay... I think.. she was in ATV series Light of Million Hope..

#6 Guests

• Guests

Posted 24 November 2004 - 02:01 PM

his movie is funny n nice to watch espically "jing zhuang zui lui zai" is so funny...i hope he can act nice in INITIAL D :tricky:

#7 swt8a8ykiss3s

swt8a8ykiss3s

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 07:42 AM

hehe to manchap is sooo funny! love this guy. i first saw him on " my date with a vampire" then later i saw him in all these hong kong filmes. hes always playing the silly characters that do dumb things. but its all good keeps me entertain

#8 lilxsylvie

lilxsylvie

++SUCCESS

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:24 AM

lol hes making so little movies now. i remember those days where every movie i see him in it. and he gets the funny roles too :D

#9 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 04:02 AM

lol hes making so little movies now. i remember those days where every movie i see him in it. and he gets the funny roles too :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you see him in kung-fu soccer?

i thought his role was interesting, and it was the first time i've seen him in a series

it was kind of sudden though how his character liked the girl, it was out of nowhere! i think the director just threw it in, but the series seemed kind of choppy

#10 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:42 PM

I like him. I think he's funny and different. The admirable thing about this is that he came from ATV. I wish this company could do a lot better.

#11 Guests

• Guests

Posted 09 December 2004 - 12:09 PM

oh! i like him!
wow, i didn't know he had already starred in so many films!!
he's such a good looking guy! :P

#12 ncsl999

ncsl999

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:29 PM

did you see him in kung-fu soccer?

i thought his role was interesting, and it was the first time i've seen him in a series

it was kind of sudden though how his character liked the girl, it was out of nowhere! i think the director just threw it in, but the series seemed kind of choppy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His role in Kung Fu soccer is quite ok ... but cant compare with Gabriel as Fok Kam ... he is much more funnier...

ncsl999

#13 Guests

• Guests

Posted 12 December 2004 - 09:58 PM

Didn't his girlfriend and him appear in the super trio show?

#14 Adieu

Adieu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:49 AM

does anyone have a pic of his gf?.....

....gosh i love this guy ...hes so funny ..and such a cutie...my fav. character in my date with a vampire...

#15 angeltvgirl416

angeltvgirl416

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:10 AM

o chapman he is so funny.
http://www.geocities...geltvgirl/1.gif
o here is a picture of his gf.^^

Edited by lenax3, 19 March 2008 - 11:39 PM.

#16 lilxsylvie

lilxsylvie

++SUCCESS

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 12:49 AM

his gf doesn't look that pretty. >__< maybe it was just the picture.

#17 LayZie

LayZie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 08:37 AM

finally he getting marry... dame 3o tyme aint good enuff fo her to sai "yes".. jeez but im happi he's gettin marry to her, they been together fo a long tyme alreadi :D soOo congrat to them

#18 Guests

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:39 AM

i really enjoy watching the movies he is in, he does a very good comedy relief

#19 Guests

• Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 12:52 AM

Congratulation to Chapman..HE n Kristal is a perfect couple... but if he is taller then will be better....wahahha
He really does act very good in movie...expecially those bad bad guy....Wondering when he can get the best male actor...Then it shud be a very good present for all his fans...
Ganbateh Chapman....support u always mentally...

#20 Guests

• Guests

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

i didn't know that he's going to be in "Initial D". cool. i hope he'll be funny like most of his other movie. now i even want to watch it more, i want to know what role he's going to play as... and congrat to him... i'm so happy to see that a couple that been together for a long time is getting marry and not break up.

#21 Guest_Guest_purelife_*_*

Guest_Guest_purelife_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:59 PM

he is one really lucky bastard

his new wife is like so pretty and sh*t

#22 K-SWISS

K-SWISS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

his movie is funny n nice to watch espically "jing zhuang zui lui zai" is so funny...i hope he can act nice in INITIAL D  :tricky:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heheh me too he is a really funny and good actor , the movie intial d was awsome ,it will be pretty cool seeing Chapman To acting in the movie

#23 Guests

• Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:23 PM

where can i find some of Chapman To pictures????

#24 低B仔

低B仔

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:02 PM

chaPman to! my one time favourite!! he is soo funny.. dont know why he is in atv tho.. shud go to tvb =P... his acting skills are good as well.. though hes not buff lmao but someone coming up to the name "dai chi wai"<(the short man that usually is in gangsta films;part of the super trio)

#25 Gen_X

Gen_X

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:00 AM

yeh his what makes things funny in some of his movies, the way he talks and his facial expression..haha kinda like stephen chow

#26 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

yeh his what makes things funny in some of his movies, the way he talks and his facial expression..haha kinda like stephen chow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree. He can act so well! I really enjoy watching his movies.Hope he will make more movies in the future :tricky:

#27 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:21 AM

haha he is soo funny..he looks cute with crystal....i still remmebr seeing him atv series as small characters like in the good old days...how did he make it soo big sooo quickly? he deserves it tho :)

#28 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:04 PM

He really work very hard for quite sometime before he achieved what he has now. I believe everyone needs hardwork and luck to be successful. So hopefully he can come out with more movies.

#29 coke

coke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:20 AM

He really work very hard for quite sometime before he achieved what he has now. I believe everyone needs hardwork and luck to be successful. So hopefully he can come out with more movies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree he has worked hard , but think luck came 2 him wen he was given the role 4 'saw keung' in infernal affairs, i mean he smashed it after that! he was in like 20 sumfing films as a main supporting role after infernal affairs! n he is still goin strong!
but i think he is funny, does ne 1 no if his book has a english version published?

Edited by marlboro, 23 July 2005 - 03:26 AM.

#30 xoxo

xoxo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:26 AM

Chapman To is a hilarious man...i remember the first time i saw him on screen was in my date with a vampire LOL His facial expressions are hilarious especially when his mouth is hanging open and he looks clueless XD

#31 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:01 PM

Chapman To is a hilarious man...i remember the first time i saw him on screen was in my date with a vampire LOL His facial expressions are hilarious especially when his mouth is hanging open and he looks clueless XD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean the time when he has short hair. I think he looks better now.I think he acts as a priest where later evryone knows that he is a fake priest. I think he won't go back to ATV and i really miss his movie series

#32 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:16 PM

yeh ATV is losing out cos chapman isnt there anymore...i wish he stayed on at ATV..butg its a bigger picture in the film industry..also more well know now that hes a movie star!

#33 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

Hope Chapman will enjoy his holiday with his wife and get more movie for us to see. clapclap

#34 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:42 AM

are they back now? where did they go? haha hes kinda cute now he has but on some weight i guess.. i dunno why but now he looks like a director or something hhee

#35 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:34 PM

he entered in 1994..so was he in the acting class?

#36 AznMangix

AznMangix

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:26 AM

hey everyone, does anyone kno where to download one of his movies? its called
Men Suddenly in Black...if u do pleeeeeeease PM and give me the link ^.^ haha thx for ur help

#37 AznMangix

AznMangix

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:38 AM

I'm also looking for the movie: The Attractive One with Yumiko Cheng, Joey Yeung in it.... it looks really good =P haha and has Chapman To in it!!! which is tite ^_^ haha so if anyone knows where to dl it..can u give me the link? thx for ur help

#38 Guests

• Guests

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:44 AM

chapman to is one of those hilarious actors...ahahaah and now dat his married to the tin yeu nei....its kool! clapclap

#39 EJvictorian

EJvictorian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:54 AM

DANG!! He is in so many movie! I like him, he's one of my favorite movie actor. He's funny and cool. So happy he got married, his girlfriend and him is cute together. :)

#40 Yingyang

Yingyang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

just saw him in "enther the phoneix" and he was so funny there!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users