AF needs funding again

Photo

Bernice Liuís Ever Changing Image Brings Her More Work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6165 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:50 AM

Credits: Serena @http://asian-gossip.blogspot.com/
Source: MingPao

Bernice Liu's Ever Changing Image Brings Her More Work
Saturday, March 22, 2008 Hong Kong

Yesterday, Bernice Liu attended ‚ÄúGraffiti歡度復活節‚ÄĚ function. She drew hearts on a large Easter egg display and added her personal touch to a T-shirt. She also played games with the children and participated in several different sports. Some magazines are reporting that lately, Bernice is showing up at too many different functions and indiscriminately accepting jobs. She lost a characteristic and representative appeal and lost some work. Bernice responded: ‚ÄúEvery season, the brands have different functions at nearly the same time. Some brands started to sponsor me around five or six years ago. It is normal that I attend their functions.‚ÄĚ She joked that she needed to thank the magazine for giving her publicity. Also, by saying that she indiscriminate accepting jobs, that means she has a lot of work so she is happy. The reporter asked if she was worried that by attending functions of different brands, she would lose her representative appeal. Bernice said that artistes shouldn't have a set image. She expressed that different brands wants her attend functions means that she has a transformable image.

#2 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

what is up with reporters? since when is it actually a bad thing for a star to attend a lot of functions? <_< bernice is just being loyal to the companies that she's sponsored for so long and like bernice stated, it is a very good thing for an artist not to have a set image because it's versatility that catches the media's attention

#3 aaronwe

aaronwe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:56 AM

she look so cute with that kick!!...is she kicking the easter eggs to her fans?

#4 themissingpiece

themissingpiece

♥ KhaFi

• Forum Masters
  • 4865 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:58 AM

LOL, so magazines having an uncreative spell? Can't make up something..so now they're attacking Bernice for attending too many functions?

Ridiculous..

#5 dujun

dujun

★ girlfriend of nation boyfriend

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8367 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

I think it means that she is not having a stagnant 2D image. So as long as she is able to carry off the image needed for the brand, it is okay that she has a lot of functions. I think the reason why she lost some jobs was because of her busy timetable.

#6 crispy

crispy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

she's wearing prada shoes haha. i think bernice has a healthy, sexy image!

#7 luvable

luvable

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

I think the magazines have nothing to write about...so they target Bernice on stupid issues. Isn't it great she's accepting..I think some people are just jealous of her.

#8 colourmix

colourmix

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

HAHA this has go to be one of the most ridiculous news i have heard....dissing her because she doesnt have a set image?...isnt that a good thing tho? it means that bernice reveals the different aspects of her through her jobs? instead of sticking to one single image??...look at ah gill...bcoz she only has the cute and innocent image...she is now being dissed bcoz of her sexual activities...which is apparently not "right" for a cute and innocent girl... :doh :rolleyes:

#9 lollipop5738

lollipop5738

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

yeah that's it...that shows that she's versatile and that she's an all rounded artist~ the media is just too ridiculous~

#10 *HellBoi*

*HellBoi*

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

hope that bernice doesn't work too hard though !!!
She has such a sense if humour !!

#11 Red Jelly Bean

Red Jelly Bean

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:24 PM

I love watching Bernice she is a great actress, wonder what other new image she can get??

#12 duckevo

duckevo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:18 PM

if any star is invited to a function, he or she got the rights to attend or not... this report is very misleading

#13 Fanny_333

Fanny_333

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2055 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

lolz....bernice looks like shes having so much fun in the last pic =]

#14 Guest_misz_alice_*

Guest_misz_alice_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

idk what's up with what the reporters saying that by joining functions she's loosing her appeal? I think its a good thing she's doing so much functions because that means her popularity is growing and she's becoming more successful!!

#15 snow1983

snow1983

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:00 PM

I think Bernice is so talented and pretty that it is normal if different companies ask her to be their representant and to participate in various functions and promotional events!! I hope Bernice will gain higher popularity by being more active in the entertainment industry because she deserves more!!

#16 aznvolleygurl

aznvolleygurl

Sweee

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

she's soo optimistic. i think her acting skills havent improved for a while. but her image on TV is always the rude type or the "princess daughter". she needs a new image there.

#17 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52632 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

Bernice looks great in the picture. Love her new haircut. What's up with these reporters? Have they have nothing to write about? Love seeing Bernice as an actress and singer. I wonder what her new series is going to be? A modern or an ancient one? I wonder who she is going to be paired up with?

#18 saintangel928

saintangel928

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:47 PM

i love bernice new haircut. its looks good on her. i don't really like the shoes that she was wearing though.

#19 mandy_candy33

mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:34 AM

isn't it a good thing for artists to have lots of jobs? why do they make it seem like a bad thing?
love her new hairdo as well!

#20 tallgirl888

tallgirl888

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Bernice works hard, she deserves success!

#21 -Serena-

-Serena-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:45 AM

It's a good thing to get more work by going to functions, events, and representing brands. In Hong Kong, the lifetime of a TV actress is relatively short with all the new MCI and Miss HK.

Maybe, they are worrying that Bernice doesn't have a memorable image/role.