2004 replies to this topic

#1 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:41 AM

WELCOME TO PART 4 OF THE LEILA TONG THREAD.

Please DO NOT repost everything that was already posted in the first thread.
This is just a continuation of the old one, not a remake. All reposts will be deleted
Visit the old threads here

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Posted Image

English Name: Leila Tong
Chinese Name: Tong Ling (唐寧)
Original English Name: Pauline Kwong
Original Chinese Name: Kwong Lai La (江麗娜)
Vietnamese Name: Duong Ninh
Birthday: December 5, 1981
Place of Birth: Hong Kong
Star Sign: Saggitarius
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 95 lbs
Family: Parents, brother (10 years older)
Fluent Languages: Cantonese, Mandarin, and Indonesian
Pets: 4 Dogs - Yellow ("Ah wong"), BB, Dou Dou ("bean bean") and Booboo
Childhood Dream: DJ
Present Dream: Trying the hardest on my work
Hong Kong Company:Mon Productions Co.
Chinese Company:乾亨大有

FAVOURITES
Favorite Cartoon: Pingu
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Saying/phrase: Very Hilarious, Such a Crazy Girl
Hobbies: Playing with dogs, listening to music, playing with musical instruments
Able to Play Instruments: Piano, Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar
Most Favorite Food: Mom's home-made Indonesian meals, Fruits
Most Favorite Color: Blue
Most Favorite Animal: All animals
Most Favorite Artist(s): All artists who pours their heart out for acting
Most Favorite Singer(s): Faye Wong, Chia Sing
Most Favorite Song: Fly me to the moon
Most Favorite Television Series: Greed of Man
Most Favorite Season(s): Winter, Autumn
Most Favorite Country: Australia
Most acceptable part of the body: Eyes

SERIES

Hidden Text:

The Family Link 师奶兵团
Phoenix Rising 兰花劫
The Last Princess 最后的格格
Man in Charge 幕后大老爷

Greatness of a Hero 盛世仁杰
Pillow Case of Mystery 2 施工公案 2

MOVIES
Spoiler

L for Lies L for Love

PLAYS
"Popcorn"-爆谷杀人狂

ALUBMS
Singing with the moon-邀月唱

MTV
Spoiler

Leila Tong-People from far away-远方的人

Credits:
Leila-T.net
Leila Tong Wikipedia
Leila-Tong.com
唐宁吧

for more Leila pics go Here

Edited by mars123cc, 05 October 2008 - 07:37 PM.

#2 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:45 AM

Yay for part 4! Congratulations everyone! We went from part 3 to part 4 in just 7 months! Wow. Can we expect a part 5 at the end of the year? :P

mars123cc, I love the pictures you chose for Leila!

The L for Love L for Lies trailer is now available on youtube:

It seems like D.I.E is airing after The Seventh Day and A Journey called Life is airing after Master of Tai Chi. I'm not sure if The Hidden Master will still be released.

Edited by Uh_Oh, 06 March 2008 - 01:58 AM.

#3 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:13 AM

^Thanks! Haha, i was choosing a pretty pic. And of course we wanna get onto part 5 by the end of the year, maybe even earlier!

Oh, and i read on Leila's baidu bar!

There is the 17th Annual Hong Kong Stage Production (Performance) Awards! 第十七届香港舞台剧

And Leila's nominated for best supporting actress! I don't know when the results are out though, her stage production Popcorn is currently nominate for Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Supporting Actress. Hope Leila wins!

#4 Fiz

Fiz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:34 AM

yea :yeah part 4..congratz for reaching part 4 olreaD..new home for Leila fans..ehe :D

There is the 17th Annual Hong Kong Stage Production (Performance) Awards! 第十七届香港舞台剧

And Leila's nominated for best supporting actress! I don't know when the results are out though, her stage production Popcorn is currently nominate for Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Supporting Actress. Hope Leila wins!

i hope she wins..but congratz for leila becoz she was nominated clapclap the winner,is it vote by fans or chose by the judge?i really hope she wins..has leila won any awards?

uh oh..thanx for the trailer :)

#5 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:10 AM

Yea finally part 4!!! :yeah Part 5 by this year? I think we can!!

Nice picture you chose!!Btw mars123cc, you made a mistake with the name of Leila's album. It's 邀月唱 not 邀约唱 :)

Thanks Uh_Oh for the trailer!!I cant wait for the movie to be out!!

I have the same qn as Hafizah_KH, is the stage production - Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, and Best Supporting Actress norminated by fans or judges?? If by fans, is there a place to vote? :unsure: Hope Leila win though!! :D

Edited by Firesheepy, 06 March 2008 - 03:12 AM.

#6 iLuvLeila

iLuvLeila

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:19 AM

Congrate to part 4 I am certain that we will make it to part 5 before the end of this year. A;so congrate to Leila for being nominated! I really hope she win, if she does then this will be her first ever award! I feel bad for her because I think by now she should deserve an award.

#7 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:54 AM

Thanx Firesheepy for the mistake! i'll go and fix it!

I don't know exactly about the judging though. I just found out that it's gonna be on April 16th or so. I think there are actual judges to decide the results. If Leila wins, then that'll be such a huge accomplishment for her! It will prove that she is a very versitile actress, especially since she hasn't won any awards recently...

#8 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

No prob mars123cc :)

Yea congratz to Leila for being norminated!! :yeah

Hmm actual judges? I have faith in Leila!! It's time that Leila gets an award..and if Leila wins I really think she deserve this award :D

Is tis going to be aired or the results are only going to be released? :unsure:

#9 Fiz

Fiz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

thanx for sharing leila's pictures evodrift about the album promotion,is dat old or new pictures?she looks pretty clapclap her hair has grown longer.. :thumbsup

so she hasnt win any awrds <_< i really hope that this time she will wins..if not,i'm still happy coz she is on the nomination list :thumbsup

#10 melyx615

melyx615

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:12 PM

Leila will be going for the premiere of L for Love L for Lies on 12 March......

and the filming for her drama will wrap up the end for this month...

which means we can look forward to more functions with Leila:D

Edited by melyx615, 06 March 2008 - 02:14 PM.

#11 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

Thanx for the pics!!

And new function pics!! Leila went to the celebration function for L for Lies L for Love!
Posted Image

http://i1.sinaimg.cn...80306183651.jpg

sry these are kind of small, best i could find from Leilatong.com. Love Leila's hair!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

Heh. Leila looks so short. lol. I'm so glad she was able to attend a function! I didn't know Stephen Wong is in it. I'm guessing he the ex-bf of Stephy? The one her best friend stole?

#13 iLuvLeila

iLuvLeila

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

Leila looks cute... She look short because the others girls are wearing heels while Leila is wearing converse! Love her hair so cute, but wanted her to have her hair down!

#14 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

Well i'm glad that Leila went. It seems like she didn't cut her hair! I like it like that, especially the way she put it up. It's been so long since she's been out in the public too...

Oh, and Phoenix Rising is airing right now in HK on this channel,剧集台. I don't think its the main channel or it's just a series channel, but at least its airing! Got the news from kuangaitvb.com so i think it's right

#15 LeilaTongDevotee

LeilaTongDevotee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:05 AM

YAY PART 4!!!
and I really really love the photo you chose for the profile! :D
and CONGRATS to Leila for getting nominated!!!
I really hope she wins!!!
and Leila looks soo cute at the LLLL function :)

Oooh Phoenix Rising airing in HK? :) NICE!
but is it the channel that TVb usually airs their series?

#16 melyx615

melyx615

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:53 AM

Oooh Phoenix Rising airing in HK? :) NICE!
but is it the channel that TVb usually airs their series?

i suppose it's the channels that tvb airs series from china japan and taiwan

Edited by Lena ♥, 28 May 2008 - 07:26 PM.
excessive quoting

#17 lil_serendipity

lil_serendipity

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:17 AM

yea leila looks short b/c she is not wearing high heels. haven't seen her in a function lately. can't wait to see her in the new movie. hope she gets recognition for phoenix rising whihc she did great.

#18 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:37 AM

A few more pics, bigger ones now

Posted Image

I wonder if her hair style is because she still has to go filming? Maybe?
Posted Image

#19 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:41 AM

OMG!!Thanks for the pictures mars123cc!!!Leila look really cute in that hairstyle :D

I do agree that Leila look short becoz she was wearing converse. :) Btw, is Leila really that cold <_<

Her series is ending right? Which means more function and more pictures!! :yeah

Btw what does the on.cc article talks abt?? :unsure:

PR is airing in HK?!?! That's good news!!Audiences will get to see Leila's superb acting skills!! clapclap

Edited by Firesheepy, 07 March 2008 - 03:54 AM.

#20 LTabi

LTabi

[^-^] ♥

• Forum Seniors
  • 5456 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:51 AM

^Thanks! Haha, i was choosing a pretty pic. And of course we wanna get onto part 5 by the end of the year, maybe even earlier!

Oh, and i read on Leila's baidu bar!

Thanx for the pics!!

And new function pics!! Leila went to the celebration function for L for Lies L for Love!
[http://img1.qq.com/e...094/9094672.jpg

http://i1.sinaimg.cn...80306183651.jpg

sry these are kind of small, best i could find from Leilatong.com. Love Leila's hair!

http://i134.photobuc...e0191ef394d.jpg
http://i134.photobuc...c25e4dd3b34.jpg

yay, part 4 =]
that is so cool that leila is nominate for best supporting actress, i hope she wins...she deserves it =]
thanks for the pictures, mars123cc,evodrift, and kingofmp5
i hope to see L for Lies L for Love soon... but i probably have to wait til it is release on DVD before i can see it...it's gonna be awhile :crying:

Edited by LTFAN, 07 March 2008 - 05:03 AM.

#21 northen_dragon

northen_dragon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

u see how Leila always dress so casual at functions, unlike the other stars who like to reveal themself so much, she is so cool.

#22 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:10 AM

Yea!!The series is almost done filming, it's odd that there're no pictures throughout the filming though, nobody went to visit? :unsure:

Hmm, does Leila always dress casual at functions??? Sometimes she does dress up a little? <_<

According to LeLeLaLa, the premiere for L for Love L for Lies is on 12th march at 8.30pm. Leila's going right? :D

#23 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:23 AM

Lol true. A few more pics! I think she'll have time to do go to some functions. It'll be awesome to see her more!

Posted Image

The person on the right wearing the white is the director. He's pretty young.
http://music.ent.tom...94028_45489.jpg

A little interview of the cast for L for Lies L for Love, leila's not interviewed, but there are some shots of her.
http://video.sina.co...120911431.shtml

Edited by lenax3, 14 March 2008 - 11:54 AM.
no more TUNGSTAR pics are allowed anymore

#24 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:37 AM

Woo thanks mars123cc. OMG the director is really young!!!! It's the same director for all 3 movies right?! :shocked:

They should have interviewed Leila :down

Nvm after her series, Leila will have more time for other functions. Is she taking up other series too? :unsure:

#25 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:04 AM

I like Leila's comfy and casual look but I hope she dresses up a little bit more for the premiere. I hope she has time to go. Leila attended another function so it seems like she's less busy now.

Can someone pleas translate?

http://tvbchinesenew...-post_1515.html

Posted Image

#26 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:03 AM

Oh well, Uh_Oh, actually the article did not talk about Leila at all, but since you want the translation here it is :) It's from the 深圳、南山 "星馬泰" 開張大吉 function on 2nd Feb, so it's pretty old :D

Link: http://tvbchinesenew...-post_1515.html

Fiona Yuen went around looking for exotic dishes and inspiration to write her books

Earlier, Fiona Yuen, Leila Tong, Winnie Shum and EO2 etc, were guest-of-honor at a opening ceremony of a restaurant in Shen Zheng. Fiona Yuen disclosed that this restaurant was very famous in Canada, and recently extended to the mainland market, with many dishes that made her drool with envy: "This restaurant serve mainly Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia dishes, what I like most is the mara pancake and curry crab, this time I specially came to learn from the chef, because the sauce beside the crab is very special, not too salty nor too spicy, and also very fragrant. It turned out that the chef beat the egg until thread-like, and this requires skills, as I know that I dont have the skill, so I'll eat a few more plates!"

Fiona Yuen has great experience in cooking, and travels around frequently to search for exotic food, and also find inspirations for her new books. She disclosed that she has started her 4th cooking book recently : "This book is mainly about chinese dishes, thus I'll go to my friends' houses and learn about their home cooked food."

Thanks kingofmp5 for the picture!

Oo there's another news about Leila's performance in TLP!
Link: http://www.leilatong...=...p;page=e
(Credit to Leilatong.com)

It's good that Leila's appreciated for her work :D

Spoiler

Translation (Please tell me if I made any mistakes! :pleh)

Series and stage production get norminated, Leila Tong received one good news after another

Tvb actress, Leila Tong, started acting when she was young, and has played many roles in Hong Kong series, especially in < The Bride With White Hair >, where she played as the young Leslie Cheung. Although she is a female, her role as a boy left a deep memory in audiences.

Leila Tong is now Tvb's Fadan, although she is still young, but her time in the entertaiment circle isn't short, and it's presumed that she has of a 60's female star when she act. Audiences can see Leila's superb acting skills whether it is in <Life Made Simple> or <Aqua Heroes> or in the mainland series <Xiao Xie Yu Qiu Rong>. Earlier, <War and Destiny> depicts Leila's good acting skills, the major production <The Last Princess> that Leila acted in has stared airing at prime time in Zhe Jiang, Liao Ning, Guang Xi, Hai Nan Etc. According to recent news, when this series was aired in Nanning during the prime time, there is an increasing ratings, and resulted in a 'mystic' rating, on the 1st day when this series was aired, the rating reach 8.795 points, and on the third day, the rating rose to almost reaching 13 points,and broke all previous long-standing television viewership records in Guangxi, showing the popularity of this series.

Leila Tong acted as "Li Kai Xin" , one of the main lead female actresses in <The Last Princess>. This role, "Li Kai Xin", first appear as a waiter in a brotel, later because she has to help her mother to pay gambling debts, she had no choice but to marry an eunuch, but resulted in manslaughter on her wedding night. Later when she was escaping as a fugitive, she met her long-lost father, and overnight became a commonder-in-chief's daughter, in the end because she married an inhuman person, she was chased out and returned to the brothel, and became a famous courtesan. Among those, the roles played by Leila Tong and Sammul Chan "Wen Liang Yu" have a subplot to their relationship, resulting in a touching story with twists and turns. This series was solely invested by Beijing La Feng Television Company, and the cast consisted of mainland, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore actors and actresses such as Huo Si Yan, Sammul Chan, Yan Kuan, Sun Xing, Stephanie Xiao Qiang, Chen Xiu Li etc.

Recently good news came from Hong Kong, two days ago, in Hong Kong, the norminees for the 17th Annual Hong Kong Stage Production (Performance) Awards were released, the stage production <Popcorn> which Leila acted in, has 3 norminees. They are: Best Lead Actor: Chen Wen Gang; Best Supporting Actor: Lu Wenjie; Best Supporting Actress: Leila Tong, on additional that the series <The Last Princess> that Leila acted in was well-received in the mainland, it could be said that Leila has received one good news after another.  

Edited by edisonLOVEScharlene, 04 April 2009 - 08:02 PM.

#27 evodrift

evodrift

Anything@TVB

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6165 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

Posted Image
http://images.asianf...2008_001133.jpg
http://images.asianf...2008_001144.jpg

Have you guys seen these?? I'll post it anyways. Sorry if it's been posted before.

http://images.asianf...handwriting.jpg

http://images.asianf...29983;_0011.jpg

http://images.asianf...9983;_00122.jpg
credits: 作者: 兰宁笑笑生

Edited by Lena ♥, 28 May 2008 - 07:22 PM.
limit 3 pics per post/pic link not working

#28 glazed.over

glazed.over

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

Congrats on the new thread guys! Wow, Part 4! I have no doubt you guys will make it to Part 5 very very soon. :)

And it's amazing that Leila's been nominated for her stage performance. IMO, it takes a truly good actress to excel on stage; in a way there's so much more involved in a stage performance. You only get one take. I really hope she wins.

And, I have to say I'm really looking forward to LLLL despite having not watched any of the previous ones. Obviously well because Leila's in it, but also the trailer actually looks kinda interesting.

#29 smile_gal87

smile_gal87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys! ^_^*

Leila finally updated her sina blog! :yeah Go check it out!

She mentioned that she has been busy filming and even fell sick but luckily she managed to recover already! Phew...

Hope she'll take good care of herself and have a good rest after the filming of "Sheng Shi Ren Jie"ends! :loool:

#30 Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

Firesheepy, no wonder her outfit looks so familiar. Its old news. x_x I wonder why it wasn't released until now? How weird.

Thanks for all the pictures, evodrift.

I think its an honor for Leila to be even nominated for Best Supporting Actress. I mean, it was Leila's first time and she's already nominated for that over Best Newcomer or anything. Whether she wins or not, Leila should be really happy. Things are going really well for her right now. I'm very happy for her.

Thanks for telling us smile_gal87! Now we really know that Leila isn't super busy anymore. She even updated her blog! lol I hope she stays healthy.

Edited by Uh_Oh, 08 March 2008 - 09:27 PM.

#31 1girl

1girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:27 PM

OHH!!! SO HAPPY!! FINALLY Leila is getting the attention that she soooo deserevs
and i'm so glad that she is getting nominated..i hope she wins..dat would be such a break through for lei :P..and also about the attention from mainland..awesome!!..i'm not gonna be surprised if lei gets a femalile lead role in another mainladn production soon.cause unlike tvb mainland doesn't just look for ppl contracted.tehy look for TALENT!!

Edited by mars123cc, 09 March 2008 - 05:05 AM.
double post

#32 iLuvLeila

iLuvLeila

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

I'm so happy for Leila. She deserve this and more! I hope she keep healthy though because everytime I hear news Leila is sick. Seem like she get sick really easy. Hope she feels better.

This forum is moving FAST! already on page two! Amazing job everyone!

#33 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:24 AM

Well Uh_Oh, sometimes they really took ages to post the news :pleh

I'm glad that Leila's also finally getting the praises she deserve!! :D Wow page 2 already, it's moving fast :)

Yea Leila finally updated her blog!! I'll translate it for those who dont understand chinese ^_^*

Spoiler

Translation:

Sorry Children!! 2008-03-08 21:19:57

I was busy filming "Shen Shi Ren Jie", thus took so long to leave a message, hope you all will forgive me!!!

It was tough this few weeks, because after the filming started, there was this "winter" which was not seen in Hong Kong for a few years.

After filming for a while, I fell sick, my "Tracheitis" came back!!! This time I was sick for about 3 weeks, but in this type of day and night filming on addition of being sick, it was really tough, and I was also worried that I would not be able to play the role "Shan Guan Wan Er" well, but it's a good thing I have already recover now! Everything is back to normal! Everyone, there's no need to worry for me!

I'm gonna start filming! Talk next time!

P.S I dont know why I cant post the photos, will make it up the next time!

Oh ya, I just spotted this on leilatong.com!
It's the rating for Tvb's sub contracted actor and actresses (or on actor contract only)
Leila's the 13th..Wow I diden noe there're so many actors and actresses on actor contracts only in Tvb though <_<

Spoiler

A nice video from pretty long ago :D
http://www.ikmtv.com...wlist/13537.htm (Credit to Leilatong.com)

Oh ya..lastly..a nice picture of Leila in L for Love L for Lies (Credit to leilatong.com)
Posted Image

(Long post Sorry ppl ^_^*)

Edited by love*Samantha, 06 June 2008 - 08:44 PM.
Non-English content into spoiler.

#34 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:08 AM

Great firesheepy! Thanx for all the news! Uh_oh can u move it to the news section? Haha. Wow, and a new page too! We're moving fast.

Well, looking at the list for artists who are only contracted per series, they're all my favorite!

I hope Leila feels a lot better for her series. She always gets sick doesn't she? She got sick for The Last Princess too. But I can't wait to see pictures she said she'd update! And I love the pic for LLLL! Can't wait to see her in more functions!

#35 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

No prob mars123cc, they are all Leila's good news, I think everyone will feel glad for Leila clapclap

I think Leila cant get use to the climate, thus she fell sick :down But she has already recovered now :)

I cant wait for the pictures too!!Hope she uploads them soon :D

Thanks for the picture kingofmp5, i think they were posted before..but thankx anyway ^_^*

Btw, there's a news clippings of Leila and Sammul for TLP!
Sorry it's a bit blur so..I cant make out the content <_< (Credit to leilatong.com)

陈键锋唐宁携手《最后的格格》
Posted Image

Edited by Firesheepy, 09 March 2008 - 11:32 AM.

#36 Fiz

Fiz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

firesheepy thanx for the translation from Leila's blog :) and the picture from LLLL,she looks s0 pretty :)Sammul+Leila looks so cute together :thumbsup i really want to watch TLP but it hasnt aired at astro wah lai toi :down

kingofmp5 thanx for Leila's pictures :)

Edited by Hafizah_KH, 09 March 2008 - 12:32 PM.

#37 mars123cc

mars123cc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2340 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:38 PM

Thanx for the pics kingofmp5 and the scan Firesheepy!

Here's a bigger version if you want to read what it says,
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=336182785

But yay! Finally a little article of Sammul and Leila! can't wait for more!

O and a pic for LLLL, Leila's all the way in that little corner, but i thought i should share it

Posted Image

#38 iLuvLeila

iLuvLeila

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

Well at least this time Leila was included on the poster! I love her fiery and fierce look in that movie. Can't wait to see how she act as that kind of character.

#39 Firesheepy

Firesheepy

AF Official Translator

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1648 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

Thanks for the picture and link mars123cc!!!
-Use a magnifying glass- It's v.v.v. small <_<

Although it's small, it's great that Leila is at least included in the poster!! :D

But I do agree that it's great that there're news about Leila!! :P

Btw, translation of the newspaper scan (Credit to ling gan on Sammul's thread)

Sammul Chan and Leila tong “hand in hand”

The Last Princess, which has been called by the entertainment paparazzi as the most anticipated drama of the year, has been aired in Zhe Jiang, Guang Xi, Hai Nan, etc and has a steadily soaring rating. This movie, which actors include Huo Si Yan, Sammul Chan, Yan Kuan, Leila Tong, Sun Xing, Xiao Qiang, and Cheng Li Sha, is portraying the tragic love story of the last princess of the Qing Dynasty, Princess Yun Xiang, with an opera actor, Wen Liang Yu. The movie is fascinating because of its fantastic twists and turns, and its actors’first time experiences also add some colors to the movie.

Sammul Chan and Leila Tong act as a couple for the first time

This movie depicts the tragic love story of the last princess of the Qing Dynasty, the daughter of the Yu Wang family, Yun Xiang, and the opera actor, Wen Liang Yu, which does not give them the opportunity to be together. Not only with the opera actor, the princess also is in love with 3 other men. The story is intertwined in the gangster world, the grudges between the rich, etc.

Besides the fascinating plot, the extravagant and well-balanced casts also are the major attraction of the movie. The actress who plays as the princess, Huo Si Yan, was once a nominee of the Hong Kong Golden Award best newcomer. Princess Yun Xiang is in love not only with Wen Liang Yu, but also Fang Tian Yu, and Shen Shi Hao, which are respectively played by the one of TVB’s siu sang, Sammul Chan, the mainland actor, Yan Kuan, and the Taiwanese actor, Sun Xing. One of TVB’s fadan, Leila Tong, plays as Li Kai Xin. Li Kai Xin is a female dancer and singer which disguised as a male shop attendant. For the sake of paying her mother’s debt, Kai Xin was forced to marry a eunuch, but at the wedding night, she killed him accidentally. After that, she found her father which she had lost touch for years, thus making her a wealthy young woman. But she still chose to be a dancer and singer at the same place she used to be. At this time, the triangle-love-story of Kai Xin, Wen Liang Yu, and princess Yun Xiang takes place.

This movie also stars Xiao Qiang, Cheng Li Sha, Wu Ma, Hong Xin, etc as “green leaves (sorry, don’t know what "lu ye" means metaphorically ), as guest performers. This big budget movie spends 1,800,000 yuan for settings, etc, thus TLP is called as the most anticipated drama of the year by the paparazzi.

Xiao Qiang and Sun Xing worked hard as “green leaves”

Besides the interesting plot, TLP also gives some of its actors some first-time experiences, which can make another topic to be talked. TVB’s fadan, Leila Tong said, she had quite a lot of first-time experiences filming TLP. Leila, for the first time, acted as a female dressed as a male & a prostitute; they were huge roles for her as she had to display her innermost feelings well here. For the Taiwanese actor, Sun Xing, TLP gave him the opportunity to sing an opera song. He was a bit nervous about his performance, but at the time of shooting for that scene he filmed it successfully for only once. It was snowing at the night of the filming of that scene, and he was singing with the stage’s floor full of candles. As for the beautiful Taiwanese actress, Xiao Qiang, acting in the ancient period was her first time. She starred as a magician, and she had to “fly here and there” while wearing the court female uniform. Although she only starred in 1 episode, but as a magic show lover, it was an interesting experience for her.

Because of its aesthetic scenes and wonderful actors, TLP has won the online vote of the ”drama you like most.” It also has won some other votes like the number one classified drama and the national number one drama.

Edited by Firesheepy, 09 March 2008 - 04:31 PM.

#40 ling gan

ling gan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

hey, leila fans...congrats on the part 4 :D
so great you guys clapclap
found these pics of leila, hope you like them :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i272.photobuc...ggan/leila4.jpg

http://i272.photobuc...ggan/leila5.jpg

Edited by mv_288, 13 March 2008 - 03:54 AM.
max 3 pics per post. leave the rest as links

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users