AF needs funding again

Photo

Fighting Girl Bernice Liu, so cold that hand hurts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:17 AM

Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianeu.net
Source: Oriental Daily

Fighting Girl Bernice Liu, so cold that hand hurts

Yesterday Bernice Liu and Queenie Chu were filming outdoor scenes. Lately the weather has been rather chilly. Although they are filming an ancient series, but the costumes are thin and they needed to have heat packets under in order to stay warm. Because in the series there are many fighting scenes, causing pain for Bernice.

Queenie and Bernice yesterday filmed outdoor scenes for new series 《盛世人傑》. Because the weather was cold, they both had heat packets under the costumes to stay warm. Western girl Bernice, recently had to film many fighting scenes, she says: "lately the weather has been extra cold. Just like today, early in the morning I had to film a fighting scene, fought so much that my hand hurts, have film in many places." Speaking of saying lines and acting at the same time, Bernice says that she has asked Kent Cheng for some pointers, she says: "he gave me a lot of advice, in the series he plays my dad and there are many scenes where we speak together, he told me that even if you NG, its ok, the most important thing is to understand the meaning. Because the reaction expression is also very important!"

Does Not Mind looking weird
In the series, Queenie plays an empress, although her make up and hair needs some time to prepare, but she says she does not mind. "The most important is to be beautiful, at first I was worried that my ancient look, looks weird, but luckily after trying out the costumes co-workers said I looked good, I like it myself too!"

Edited by mv_288, 01 March 2008 - 06:20 AM.

#2 vonnie_angel

vonnie_angel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:48 AM

bernice looks quite nice but it seems that tvb always chooses bad times to film ancient dramas
the clothing is either too thin and the people freeze or its too thick and they get very sick from all the heat
hope she gets better but another fighting series?
i wonder what its abt
and im suprised that queenie is finally filming tvb series it seems it took tvb a long time to decide to promote her in series since she competed in miss hk
hmm wasnt she the one who had that car incident with joey leung?

#3 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

ok that was pretty shallow of queenie to say that "the most important thing is to be beautiful"...since she's finally filming a tvb series, you'd think that she'd say the most important thing is acting well :blink: as for bernice, it's normal for celebs to have to film in poor weather conditions and still make it seem like no big deal...but it's that she's being very professional about it

#4 Guest_misz_alice_*

Guest_misz_alice_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

I can't wait to watch this series!! Bernice looks really pretty in the costume!! Hope Bernice feels better and they director shouldnt over work them!!

#5 icyglaze

icyglaze

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (vonnie_angel @ Mar 1 2008 12 48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm wasnt she the one who had that car incident with joey leung?

yea queenie's the one.

bernice looks so adorable in those pics! is she pouting or is she hurt? >.< looks more like pouting to me...anyways, can't wait until this series comes out!!

#6 sport

sport

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6974 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

This is the one with Sunny Chan right? If so can't wait! But why is he filming so many ancient series? He filmed like 3 ancient series already, I want to see him in more modern series!

#7 hyori

hyori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

Isn't this "A Beauty of Versatility" or something like that where Ada Choi starts out pitiful and becomes conniving later on?

#8 AsIaNlAdY!

AsIaNlAdY!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

this series is looks pretty good! it cant be that cold in hong kong/ china compared to canada..

Edited by AsIaNlAdY!, 01 March 2008 - 10:52 PM.

#9 kalake

kalake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1115 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

salute them for their hard work and dedication towards their work to film good series for us..

#10 teal

teal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:37 AM

This role sounds like a challenge for Bernice - a fighting empress but at the same time would be such an interesting character for her to play.

#11 *HellBoi*

*HellBoi*

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:34 AM

OUCh !!! more fighting scenes ....... they must really hurt !! Bernice is pro dude , Go bernice i'll be waiting to see this episode **

#12 waichang

waichang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1851 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

wow.. so many fighting scenes... hope she doesnt get sick coz the cold weather there... she sure look like she is very cold on those pics....

#13 ryukkux

ryukkux

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:24 AM

I've always enjoyed watching Bernice Liu in movies, but I find that she does a better job in Modern Series in comparison to Ancient Series. I just finished watching The Slicing of the Demon and found that the way she speaks chinese sounds a bit awkward in the setting of an ancient series. However, I do think that she has improved from when she first started. She always looks really pretty in ancient series though. I'm torn in my opinion of her.