AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Beyond

beyond

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#81 MikeyJai

MikeyJai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

Even though Beyond is an old group. Their still well known in this generation because of their hit song. I myself in general still have a song or two of theirs and it's still a favourite ^_^.

#82 bing302

bing302

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:44 AM

best band in hk...their songs are so haunting..

#83 lb-lb

lb-lb

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 01:46 PM

i still listen to beyond and i only like the old songs..songs with ka kui. ka kui is so talented and what a waste that he died so young.

Edited by rNb99, 07 April 2006 - 02:16 PM.

#84 Phish

Phish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 03:03 PM

Has anyone noticed brother Wong Ka Keung has a very similar singing voice to Ka Kui?

#85 laiwingnang

laiwingnang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 06:39 PM

not really rock genre fan...but do like two songs from them...before the death of their lead singer...

Lover
Like You

two of all time classics...

seems like you love their pure pop compositions...most of their hits are pop stuff anyways...
the sing tracks are more rock

#86 Phish

Phish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1362 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

kinda similar but i prefer ka kui's voice more.

Agree, ka kui's voice is unique and so special. Its very strong and powerful vocals as well. ITs shame he passed away so young. Im sure if the 4 was still together, they would have been bigger than ever

#87 magikfaye

magikfaye

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

I liked Beyond best before Kar Kui passed away. Those songs were the best, I have like 4 of their songs on my computer and I'm trying to find more.

#88 JonathanIsHere

JonathanIsHere

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

now, the group has been separated.
i remember a long time ago there was 4 members in beyond but one of them
past out..:(

#89 steven_pat16

steven_pat16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:54 AM

Hi, I guess i'm new to this forum, but I would like to say that the music of Beyond meant a lot to a lot of people, they were passionate about the songs they wrote and sung and I guess I along with millions were sad that the the band was disbanded with the lead singer dying so young. I came to Australia in 1997, I didn't know much music back then, I was still samll. But one of the most clear memories was when I first found a music tape belonging to Beyond at my uncle's place. I never stopped luving their songs, I don't believe I 've ever heard their new songs, but their old songs we very very very well done. All I can say is, that life soometimes can be so cruel...

#90 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1509 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:32 AM

i love beyond!!! i wish they will release an album. its sad tha Wong Ka Kui died..

#91 su.2..

su.2..

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

iv only heard 2 there song lol really really love it!!! i really want to listen to more of there songs, any suggestions? :D

#92 itswindy

itswindy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:45 AM

Wong Ka Kui's vocal is the most unique the best till now. Miss him man! if he still alive now, lots of good songs we will enjoy listening.

#93 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 04:12 PM

Though they are like semi retired, i still think that they are one of the best band from Hong Kong.

#94 youmeme

youmeme

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:19 AM

I love their songs, too bad the lead singer (Wong Ka Kui) died at the peak of their career. After his death, things weren't the same anymore and they just lost their 'magic touch'. It's so tragic, I think he fell of the stage while performing in a concert or something. I remember the number of fans during the funeral (it was shown in the news). If anyone of you watched one of the talent search reality show (can't recall if it's superstar or China Idol or something), the one where Ka Kui's brother is invited as one of the judges. One of the contestant (plump, dark fellow with an guitar) can sing Beyond's song extremely well. If you close your eyes and listen, it's like listening to Ka Kui sing! Even his brother's eyes were watery after the contestant finished the song. It seems he's one of Beyond's greatest fan - there were plenty of them of course cos most contestants just came for the sake of getting Ka Kui's brother (sorry, forgot his name) autograph!. I also saw one of the Beyond's MV (of their old song) featuring this guy and he's singing like Ka Kui. It's really like old times.

#95 rxma

rxma

Team Hippo Certified!

• AF-contestant
  • 1254 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:24 AM

I love beyond since i was small. it's such a shame hong kong listeners don't appreciate rock. It's prevented us to establish ourselves as a hardcore city. Even Shanghai has very respectable rock, competative with japanese rock (which is imo still the best in the world).

I've since always tried to collect beyond songs. Wong Ka Kui is a hero. he'll always be.

#96 cheryltanfc

cheryltanfc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:24 AM

Steve Writes Love Song for Fiancee

Steve Wong Kar-Keung of Beyond and Andy Lau were both invited to perform in the 2008 Beijing Olympics theme song "Olympics Beijing." Steve said that he is proud of the opportunity and hopes to attend the event in two years. He also mentions that he will release a new Mandarin album in the summer and then a Cantonese one after that. When asked whether any of the songs are dedicated to his fiancee, Steve said, "Of course, but I won't mention which one, so you'll have to listen and pay attention. I didn't tell my girlfriend either, I hope she'll understand my feelings through the song." Reporters asked Steve how his girlfriend was suppose to feel the meaning of his songs when she doesn't understand Chinese. Steve replied, "Actually, the whole album is dedicated to her. She has always supported my music and has listened to and liked all of my songs."

#97 candee

candee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:32 AM

Yes I still listen to Beyond songs. I like to listen to their old songs. I wish, I was at the LIVE CONCERT BACK IN 2005. I couldn't go to the live concert, I had to buy the cd instead ........ It could off been a nice atmosphere if I did go to see them in the concert .

#98 Heroo

Heroo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:57 AM

some one post there album please! thanks

#99 Kenway

Kenway

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1545 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:51 AM

Only listen 2 their old song .... be4 Wong Kakui accident ..... after that their song are not even famous ..... at least for me ...... wat a lost 2 Music Industry ..... if He is still here ... Beyond is definitely 1 of the most famous band in Asia ... not like now ... u can imagine after more den a decade of the sad accident ... there are so many ppl out there still listening to his song ..... u know how good his song is

#100 mochi_icecream

mochi_icecream

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 01:22 AM

I haven't listened to Beyond in years. They had quite a few good songs.

#101 jive

jive

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

yea..their songs is still being listened and remembered. they're the best band of hong kong..altough its been more than a decade..

#102 JustR

JustR

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:40 PM

They have a few songs I really like. I don't think HK will have a group like them anymore. Everything they have now is all pop

#103 yuyiyhua

yuyiyhua

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:22 PM

I listend to Beyond sometimes, i like there style specially their solos in their songs my favourit is Hai KuoTian Kong.

#104 cubchai

cubchai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:18 AM

I have included a few of Beyond's songs into my playlist. So every now and then I might get to hear them. But sometimes, I do really want to listen just to Beyond's songs only. Once in a while is ok, this will make me think back my past...so nice.

#105 _hello_

_hello_

Hello, world!

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2527 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

I recently took an interest in them. I remember my grandmother telling me all about what she knew about Ka Kui, haha. I only listen to their old songs as well...they have so many good ones. They're so much better than the current HK artists. Most of the current artists are...ugh.

#106 BabiLNC

BabiLNC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1047 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:19 PM

i like a few beyond songs.. there was one song i use to listen to wen i was young and i thnk it was last year wen i found out that it was beyond who sang it.. my friend who is like a HUGE beyond fan got me into them. definately would recommend thier song jan dic oi nei. really love yew is the english translation songs. they got other songs too buh i don't know the english translation for them.

#107 cubchai

cubchai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

This 'really love you' is a mother's song. I mean about mothers one. I remember once my mum told me this song is nice and started to say something about mothers. Then only I knew it was all about mother. Before I thought it was like a boy saying love you to a girl's song.

#108 alice183

alice183

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

i like some songs of beyond! they are not bad at all.....like the mother song

#109 lmfinal

lmfinal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:25 PM

Beyond rocks! Big fan here, went to 2 of their concerts before, no ka kui tho.

#110 cyclop

cyclop

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:37 PM

Beyond???
Have never heard of it...
Now only i know...
May be on the old days beyond was rox, now not....
i said so since i have never heard of that name..so i presume that it is un-popular now..
-peace-

#111 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:39 PM

They are the best boy band in Hong Kong.They don't look old even after so many years.

#112 Ashfury

Ashfury

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:16 AM

Just want to say that I love Beyond, even though they've separated in 2005. Some of my favorite songs are:
喜歡妳, 海闊天空, 光輝歲月, 真的愛妳, Amani, 長空

For those who have never listened to them, you should get their "Beyond The Ultimate Story" CD, it has 3 CDs of their greatest hits and a DVD featuring highlights from their 1992 concert.

#113 cutegirl1220

cutegirl1220

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:23 AM

Yea I still listen to Beyond. There songs r still good. Even some of my non asian fds like it too...

#114 yyie

yyie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:36 AM

i m the fans of Beyond...i like thsi rock band very much...but too bad Ka Kui left us....

i keep all the full album collections with me till now...

their song are always the best one...

cheers

#115 KA24DE

KA24DE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:53 AM

i think its safe to say they are the greatest chinese band ever. sometimes i wonder wut the band would b like if KaKiu was alive today......sigh....

#116 red_eyes

red_eyes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

I m so boored with this new age singers.... i have heard beyonds - 光輝歲月 for very long time...but somehow i have just been lazy to search their other songs.....can u guys list best songs of beyond

#117 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

dude there is one that is really nice...depending if you like to hear mushy songs or not.

but er...i dont know the chinese one. but the english title of it is:

i really love you....

weird but its a classic.

i think at a charity show fay fays daughter back then sang that song for her mom and she busted out in tears

#118 red_eyes

red_eyes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

yeah i have that one already..its chinese name is 真的愛你...one of their biggest hits

#119 xxduckbutt

xxduckbutt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:02 PM

i'm a fan of beyond too :] wong ka kui was a genius and it's a pity that he died so young. their melodies never seem to get old, something the composers nowadays need to learn how to recreate!

some of my personal favs :]
amani
paradise
海闊天空
情人
長城
命運是你家
不可一世

#120 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:11 PM

oh....i can't believe i forgot amani!

lol the first time i heard of that song, it was on hackens "chan ho yut ding!" lol...where that girl with her pink guitar played it. she was really good!