AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Beyond

beyond

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#1 JDMX

JDMX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:11 AM

Who here likes the band Beyond?, I think their awsome

#2 piccobello

piccobello

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:16 PM

Well I like Beyond from the past ......the Beyond from now is just not that good.

#3 siauk|a

siauk|a

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:39 PM

yeah, beyond, i think is the best group with the best song in hong kong. their old song, although have been released for such a long time, i still won't get bored listening to their song.yea~

#4 tvbaddict

tvbaddict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:13 AM

beyond is so far the best band in HK. they're awesome. talented + have great songs.

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 08:32 PM

I like this band! Old songs are best! There are some songs that are my favorites!!! One of my favorites song is "hoi fot tin hung".

#6 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:41 PM

They are the 'God Band' of the HK music industry. No group can be as legendary as them. I was saddened by Kar Kui's sudden death. My favorite song is actually 'Hei Foon Nei' from him.

#7 tanbfong

tanbfong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:06 AM

their song very nice...so poor that jiaju pass aways....we wont forget u de...beyong id the best

#8 pooh_tau

pooh_tau

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:34 AM

omg.. i used to love beyond so much in the early 90s. they were really good. brought band music to the popular stage in HK. And how I really like Paul Wong too. And he just had his bday, btw :) Happy Bday Paul. I hope u and Athena can get married soon :) cheers

#9 MissHongKongFan

MissHongKongFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 12:00 AM

I was too young to like the band when they were around. But I still remember them because I remember everyone crying when the lead singer died.

Can anyone tell me, where there brothers in this band? I remember someone saying something about that before. And which one of the guys was it?

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:39 PM

I think they're pretty cool in general. I really like their old songs. Don't see a lot of rock bands in HK these days. It's quite sad.

#11 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:37 PM

They are the only rock group in HK that makes really good music. Wong Kar Koi's voice and Paul Wongs great solos. Paul Wong's guitar playing is really pretty crazy. I just love the solo in "Hoi Fut Tin Hong". I must say the 4 members of Beyond are the pride of Asian Rock. I'm proud to be their fan.

#12 Lancerion

Lancerion

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:24 AM

Beyond is great! All their songs are good.

Can anyone tell me, where there brothers in this band? I remember someone saying something about that before. And which one of the guys was it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ka Kui and Ka Keung are the brothers.

#13 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:08 PM

Beyond's concert BEYOND THE STORY LIFE will take place on January 27. The five show concert series has long been sold out. The organizer has officially announced the addition of a final show on February 1 yesterday. Beyond joked that they had to invite headline news figure Granny Lo to their show. Ka Keung said, "The first invitee to the show of course is Granny Lo. She is so powerful that she can stop the Link from going public, how can we not invite her. I will make a gold toothpick for her, but will tell her to not to randomly knock on people's tiger heads because our security is tight. Being disorderly will get her kicked out." Then Paul Wong Koon Chung said, "If she is looking for a release, she can come on stage at anytime. I will ask Sai Wing to let her play the drums for five minutes. All the rage will be gone afterward. Just don't use Sai Wing's drum sticks for toothpicks."

http://www.geocities...038/041229.html

#14 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:21 PM

Beyond is good one of the best band in Hongkong. I listen often their musik before i go to bed. I still remenber one of the member death ( Wong Ga Key), his voice is the best.

#15 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:36 AM

Beyond were good, but they didnt find a good style of songs.
they need mor inspirations

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:04 PM

Beyond.....they were the best rock band in hongkong for several years ago.
But unfortunatly after wong ka khiu died the sound of thier music or spirit is gone.
Just listen to theres music and text before.....u know it´s amacing. you can feel theres burden or sadness even happines that they go through.

#17 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

Posted Image

Beyond's six show Hong Kong Coliseum concert series organizer East Asia Entertainment has announced that it has donated the proceeds of 500 HK$200 tickets from the January 27th and another 500 from the 28th show to South Asia tsunami victims.

Wong Ka Keung said, "Don't think that the HK$200 seats are too far back. We will definitely take care of you and guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised."

Credit to http://www.geocities...038/050110.html

#18 tse_yu

tse_yu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:38 AM

i only like the old beyond....the new one isnt as good

#19 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:34 AM

Posted Image

Beyond has been forgetting to eat and sleep in preparation for their end of the month concert. However they are still passionate about charity. According to their assistant their dream of building a school in remote areas of China will soon come true. The elementary school has been tentatively named "Rock and Roll School". Paul Wong Kon Chung even drew a design for the school.

Wong Ka Keung expressed, "The location has schools but because the locals are poor the facilities are simpler. Right now we are building a better equipped school to provide a decent place of learning for the children. If all goes well, the school should be completed this year. The three of us will survey the environment and see what else the school needs. I want to start a music school for more people to study music."

Credit to http://www.geocities...038/050119.html

#20 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:24 AM

Posted Image

Beyond's six show concert series will take off tomorrow at the Hong Kong Coliseum. Two nights ago they rehearsed with their guests Tat Ming and Tai Chi. Earlier a fan has threatened to commit suicide to keep Beyond from disbanding. Sai Wing honestly said that he has received letters from unhappy fans. "Finally he said after listening to our song he forgot it (suicide). HE even said that luckily he had our spirit." Sai Wing also asked fans not to do anything silly. "A lot can be easily resolved. In life if it doesn't work make it work. Everyone has a depressed, hurt and painful times. Earlier three years ago I lost my girlfriend. At the time I numbed myself with work. The pain was truly deep and unforgettable. I still miss her now."

As for costumes, Paul Wong Koon Chung joked, "I will play a genie of the lamp with special effects. I will have smoke before me. We will even get David Copperfield. This time we can truly merge a band with magic. (Have you consulted Anthony Wong Yiu Ming?) I am afraid I can't play in his clothes. We have found an image (consultant) and definitely trust him." Brother Ming said, "Wow! Beyond doesn't have to ask me, I am just a flower vase."

Credit to http://www.geocities...038/050126.html

#21 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:27 AM

will there be another 6 concerts? :blink:
i though the concert in 2003 was the last one....

#22 Guest_wandream_*

Guest_wandream_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:34 PM

oh...Beyond...when they appeared in Malaysia, i went to every place that Beyond appear. i even hold Paul's hand when he passed in from of me. that's was very memorable.i love Beyond forever.

#23 bluebuzzybug

bluebuzzybug

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:58 PM

beyond is great!
they are the one and only canto rock group that i won't be boring listening too...
i've been their fans since i was 10 or 11yrs old!! now i'm 24.......
it's just sad that they disbanded this early...

#24 shortie_maggie

shortie_maggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

Did anybody go to their concert at Atlantic City Taj Mahal? I was there, but didn't take really good pictures. PM me if you did!

#25 babyblue-twinkle

babyblue-twinkle

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:23 AM

woohoo!! beyond came to toronto today and i went to their autograph session!!! =D=D=D

here's a clip that i took from my digicam today!! sorry for all the shaking..my arms were tirrredddd....

http://s37.yousendit...XJ1ZTVIPGPKP9F4

#26 shortie_maggie

shortie_maggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 08:05 AM

:down I hope to see another concert with Beyond again. Hurts to know that they've disbanded. Hopefully in the next few years, they will have a concert for their re-unity or something. :down

BTW, I'm trying to download the January 16 Jade Solid Gold show with Beyond but nobody's seeding!! Somebody help when you read this. Come to my rescue now!

#27 ttenovy

ttenovy

jack's brown eyed baby

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33656 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

Beijing fans weep at Beyond's goodbye

Posted Image

Hong Kong's romantic-metal all stars Beyond kicked off the first leg of their China tour in Beijing on Friday night at the Capital Gymnasium. The concert was a way for the band to say goodbye to their fans after 20 years in the music business.

The show was a constant high with die-hard fans passionately waving bright glow sticks, screaming the lyrics for"Love You Really" and calling for one encore after another.

The guest performer, mainland rock band Panther, were blitzed by Beyond's bright aura and had to contend with ear-shattering cries for Beyond to return to the stage.

The farewell show came at a cost, however, that event organizers say was somewhere around 4 million yuan, about 500, 000 US dollars. The performance was titled"Beyond Story", and was designed to trace the growth of the band and late former lead singer and guitarist Koma Wong.

Koma Wong's immortal statement"life is not about what you've gained, but what you've done with it" appeared on the big screens of the stage, followed by the song"Amani" themed on human rights, politics, peace, and protests, and their masterpiece"Goodbye Ideals".

Steve Wong, a current member of Beyond and bother of Koma Wong, said to the audience at the end of the show that they shouldn't be sad and that they would go on to make great music as individuals after the split.

Finally the mandarin song"Go with Me In All Your Life" lowered the curtain, leaving the fans in an emotional state.

http://english.sina....0528/32636.html

#28 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Beyond was and is still my favourite band ever to come out of hongkong. The sing many songs have a very deep meaning. My favourite one is Hoi fut tin hong

#29 kimfai

kimfai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:51 PM

i'm glad that BEYOND still survive until today, their will to survive is strong. it is a joy to see that there are still many fans out there support BEYOND to make WONG KA KUI's dream come true...

Buy original to show them your support...

#30 K-SWISS

K-SWISS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

o i didnt know people still listen to beyond

anyways one of the best group i listened even tho it is old
too bad i only have 3 of their songs on my mp3/cd player

#31 Thach

Thach

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:14 AM

Nice Band!

I love the song "Really Love you"
is about mothers love

#32 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

yea i think that beyond is the best band ever in hk too, they really use their "heart" to do the music, they do not treat it as "job", music is their goal, interest and their life. so i really like Beyond. even now im still listenin their music in my car sometimes.

#33 K-SWISS

K-SWISS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:43 PM

even tho its an old band i wonder if i can get more albums in stores near me :D

would like to have at leat more then 10 songs from them rather then just 3 hehehehe

#34 coke

coke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:07 AM

i can listen 2 beyond's song over n over again! but i mainly liked the tunes when 'ka kui' was around b4 his death. credit 2 da rest of the the band 4 for singin ka kui's old song, but no1 can sing it better than ka kui himself. 4 example, i've heard 'paul' singin 'lover' in a few concerts, but it jus ain't da same. ka kui has da best voice 4 his songs. n all his songs has gud meanin's 2 them.

#35 starizblue

starizblue

I Hate Miserable People

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9606 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:45 AM

Translated by Starizblue
http://asianfanatics.net/forum

Posted Image

BEYOND's Final Autograph Session, They Try and Satisfy Their Fans Request As Much As Possible

It has been five years since BEYOND has held an autograph session. Yesterday, they were ready to have their last autograph session before they broke up. It was for their CD/VCD/DVD "Beyond The Story Live 2005". Many of the fans that arrived for this event cherished every moment. Fans began lining up as early as 6AM! They were determined to get the autograph, some even mentioning that it will be worth lots in the future!

Paul says, "I'm flattered by how many fans we have and how many have showed up today. Those who could not make it, I hope that one of the three of us will be seen walking by on the streets and we will give the autograph then. This is the last signature meeting. A lot of our fans could not avoid crying. But they didn't worry too much, because something like this was bound to happen. The only thing I could do was hand them the poster and urge them not to cry......."

#36 blasta

blasta

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

Beyond is the best ever and Wong Ka Kui is one of my fav singers of all time without him Beyond isn't as good. Wong Ka Kui just wrote lots of good songs and his voice is perfect. Its sad what happened to him but there songs are classics and best ever. Most people from HK and even China know like at least 1 or 2 of there old songs like "Really Love you" is just the best.

#37 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 07:10 PM

Beyond is a very famous rock band in Hong Kong, founded in 1983. Like their hero Sam Hui, they have always identified with the people of Hong Kong, reflected in their songs about social issues, politics, and peace. The Wong Ka Kui composed 海闊天空 Boundless Oceans Vast Skies is probably their best known work.

Beyond in 1993Beyond is:

Wong Ka Kui vocals, guitar
Wong Ka Keung vocals, bass
Paul Wong vocals, lead guitar
Yip Sai Wing drums
Forming in 1983, the original members were Wong Ka Kui, Yip Sai Wing and Lau Chi Yuen. Ka Kui's younger brother Wong Ka Keung joined in 1984, and Paul Wong was the last to join in 1985. Other members for brief periods have included Chan See On and Kubert Leung. Lau Chi Yuen left the band in 1989 to pursue studies in the US (though he made a return later playing instruments and helping to produce 1998's Surprise).

Beyond were initially part of the "band boom" which occurred in Hong Kong in the 1980s, alongside other groups such as Tai Chi, Fundamental, Blue Jeans, Tat Ming and Radias.

In June 1993, Wong Ka Kui passed away after falling into a coma, as a result of head injuries sustained falling from a broken stage on a game show in Japan. He was only 31 years old.

The Japanese will never understand, for us and for Hong Kong, that the incident was not merely about the loss of an artiste. It was about losing a music revolutionary, and an age of time. - Paul Wong on the death of Ka Kui
At the time of his passing, they were signed to Japanese record label Amuse, having already released several Japanese language singles and an album. The following album, This Is Love I, initially intended to be the first of two parts, was released the day after Wong Ka Kui's death.

There was debate as to whether the remaining three members would continue the band without him, but speculation ended when they reappeared on the 30th of November 1993 in Hong Kong at the Composer's Tribute Night concert.

The post-Ka Kui albums have a more 'alternative' feel to the progressive rock sound that preceded them. 1997's Please Let Go of Your Hands (Hong Kong post-97 sentiment abounding) and 1995's grunge-inspired Sound are examples of this.

At present, the band has parted ways as each member pursues their own solo careers. They played their last concert in Hong Kong under the Beyond name on 1st February 2005, before embarking on a world tour, including stops in Vancouver, Canada and various cities in mainland China. Afterwhich, the band is officially disbanded.

[edit]
Partial discography
Goodbye Ideals (TC: 再見理想) (1986)
Endless Waiting (TC: 永遠等待) (1987)
New World (TC: 新天地) (1987)
Arabian Dancing Girl (TC: 亞拉伯跳舞女郎) (1987)
Alone Kiss (TC: 孤單一吻) (1987)
Modern Stage (TC: 現代舞台) (1987)
Yesterday's Footprints (TC: 舊日的足跡) (1988)
Secret Police (TC: 秘密警察) (1988)
BEYOND IV (1989)

#38 blubear139

blubear139

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 01:11 AM

i remember listening to beyond in my dads car when i was a little girl. i liked a lot of their songs! lol, now im in a beyond mood, im gonna go borrow them from him now!

#39 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:39 PM

I really like the group Beyond alot, they have alot of good songs, you have to listen to their lyrics closely, it is so touching. It was so sad that Ka Kui passed away so young.

#40 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:21 AM

i like beyond's old songs..like before one of the singer who died...

now their songs aren't that great