AF needs funding again

Photo

Bernice Publishes Book for her Dogs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

Source: http://tvbchinesenews.blogspot.com/
Translation: wendy @ http://asianeu.net/

Bernice Publishes Book for her Dogs

Yesterday, Bernice held a book exhibition for her new book, 《我們是一家》 (We Are Family), where good friend Suki Chui came to support. The two were like old friends who could not stop talking/sharing their tips for raising pets. Bernice shares that she got her dog Mac three years ago. Not long after, she held a wedding ceremony for Mac and Bailey which brought three puppies. She had filmed the whole process as this was her first time in assisting in giving birth. Once she had the intentions to come out with a book, her first thoughts were of writing about her dog family.

Asked if she had any intentions for coming out with another book, Berince laughingly says: "One of my friends suggested writing about Bailey's next birth; I do have intentions to publish a book about my experiences and the knowledge I have gained from raising my dogs. (When you become pregnant, would you write a book about yourself?) Ha, I would take lots of pictures, but I won't publicize them." In addition, Bernice disclosed that recently when she brought her 5-month old dog, Latte, to be groomed, she accidentally hurt her dog's eyes. However, she had to leave Hong Kong to go to Atlantic City to work, so she was very worried.

Edited by mv_288, 31 December 2007 - 08:37 AM.

#2 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25783 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

No affense but if she wrote a book about her dog's birth who would actually read it? i am a fan but even I wouldnt. Well i guess some dog lovers would but still that book doesnt sound so interesting.

#3 kataya27

kataya27

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

I love her dogs' names. She has to have a lot of love for her dogs in order to write a book. It's great that any person in general can share their love. Hope it's not too much of a handful with the pups and latte for her.

#4 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52632 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:55 AM

Her dog names are very cute. I want to read one of Bernice's books. I wonder where I can get my hands on it.

#5 -Serena-

-Serena-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:56 AM

I'll be more inclined to buy her book if a portion of the sales were donated to charity. I'm a sucker for those charity related promotion since I avoid celebrity endorsed products. I wonder why she didn't do that since it would be a good PR move.

#6 D3vilishAngoOl

D3vilishAngoOl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:42 PM

aww...that's sooo sweet! Writing about your dog family. Love the names!

#7 Asian-aholic

Asian-aholic

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3244 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:17 PM

umm not even sure what to think about this haha.
I don't suppose it will be on the best sellers list anytime soon :P

#8 yukyip

yukyip

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:59 AM

I am a huge Bernice's fan but that's a little weird..probably because I am not an animal-lover so I don't understand why anyone would write a book for their dogs.
O well I could tell that she reallllly loves her doggies though.

#9 Nightmarez

Nightmarez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:24 PM

I would read the book haha ! Anyway, i love animals and so sweet how she wrote a book on them !

#10 aprilgloom

aprilgloom

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

Everyone is trying to write a book now, is it that easy. Well I am not an animal lover so I woun't buy this book. Do people really read it?

#11 dsammy

dsammy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:39 AM

I love puppies soo much.. I'm looking in to getting one now. Maybe I'll get her book to help me take better care of it.

#12 Fēi~ling

Fēi~ling

Christ The Lord

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:10 AM

wow.. such a dog lover. bernice is always taking care of her dogs very well.. and this time even wrote a book about them.?! how lucky her dogs are :)

#13 bakzhang

bakzhang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

err,what's the use of the book? who would be (probably except her fans) interested in knowing the experience of her raising the dog. there are many professional books out there. ah well, i'm not interested in buying the book. it will be just a waste of money.

#14 sharonn

sharonn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

I don't see me purchasing the book. Maybe her all time fans would be interested, but I agree. Not me though.