AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Lethal Injection or Electric Chair?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#1 AsianDL

AsianDL

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

I think the electric chair is more brutal than the lethal injection. its painless and put fear in the crimeals mind so they could think twice about committing crimes.

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

dude its not freaking brainer! the electric chair is the most brutal!

sometimes the person doesn't die, but then they catch on fire! what a sucky way to go! and since they didn't die, they put out the fire and they either redo the proceedure or they reschedule it. seriously wtf?

at least in leathal injection i heard that they put you to sleep first then inject you, so you "go away peacefully" sort of deal.

#3 yglove

yglove

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

do you know what happens when you get on that electric chair?
it doesnt just electricute you to death, but it boils your organs
including the eyes and the brain.

thats why they put a bag over the victims head
so the eyeballs and brains wont splatter all over the place.

have you ever BEEN electricuted?
i mean it hurts like no freaking other.

Edited by yglove, 28 September 2007 - 02:29 AM.

#4 Guest_Kitsu_*

Guest_Kitsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:41 AM

Electric Chair.
Ever got a shot? Doesn't hurt that much. They give you that and you just die peacefully. Just the shot pain and your gone.
In the electric chair, You can feel yourself frying and the lightning pain o.o
And from what Madhatter and yglove has siad- Then people would of course feel the pain, I mean, Your on freaking fire, How much could that hurt? And your organs burst? How much would having a TnT inside you hurt? XDD

#5 edd80

edd80

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:00 AM

Electric Chair is the most brutal considering the immediate shock. Lethal injection has a slower reaction cos it goes through the system.

#6 fall_out

fall_out

asian-inadequate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2577 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

lethal injection seems a bit less painless, i mean the eletric chair is sending volts of eletricity through ur body. wouldnt want to encounter both though...

#7 keepp

keepp

Respect All. Fear None.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:27 AM

for those who say lethal injection is brutal...so we can kill dogs and other animals humanely w/ lethal injection but we can't do it for humans?

#8 KC_deathscythe

KC_deathscythe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

the chair is more brutal... think about the amount of electricity going through the body... unless they inject them with some numbing agent, they will experience the shock through their body...
and if they don't die from it...ouch...

#9 banned4life

banned4life

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:48 AM

I agree, the electric chair wins the brutality contest for sure. But then again us humans are a brutal species. Maybe we should be more creative with criminals on death row ;)

#10 keepp

keepp

Respect All. Fear None.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:33 AM

I agree, the electric chair wins the brutality contest for sure. But then again us humans are a brutal species. Maybe we should be more creative with criminals on death row ;)

you mean like fight to the death matches or death row olympics?? sell tickets and broadcast the events live on tv? maybe a little pay per view?

#11 st3phi3

st3phi3

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 04:53 AM

i would have said electric chair, except for new reports that lethal injections don't always kill immediately. supposedly, lethal injections can miss the vein and the prisoner could suffer for up to 10 minutes.

#12 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25783 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:30 AM

the electric chair is the most brutal hands down
it damages so many parts of ur body before it kills you....
the injectione thing.. i heve never even heard of that..
i dont think Criminals need to be scared off cuz people are
already scared of the electric chair now..
but of course there are those people who like pain so they
wanna be shocked... but if those people exisit then u
can inject all the stuff u want in them and they would still kill.

#13 tia-chan

tia-chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:23 PM

dude its not freaking brainer! the electric chair is the most brutal!

sometimes the person doesn't die, but then they catch on fire! what a sucky way to go! and since they didn't die, they put out the fire and they either redo the proceedure or they reschedule it. seriously wtf?

at least in leathal injection i heard that they put you to sleep first then inject you, so you "go away peacefully" sort of deal.

Ummm about going on fire? are you sure... as far as I know the chair needs to be tested, before it's used as a "weapon". But if you're thinking about countries that don't follow the procedure, the chair can be as brutal as leathal injection. Injections could not be carefully prepared. For example they might have a bubble of air in it.. that causes terible cramps.
My opinion is... all ways of killing a person can be brutal. And they are..

#14 ccL1

ccL1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:14 PM

Both are the same to me. I think any forms of execution or the death penalty are immoral and unethical.

No one has the right to decide whose life to take and whose not to take.

#15 Vitalemon

Vitalemon

Cunt Teaser

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

They only have 1 chance, so it does not matter if you are on fire or whatever, they don't stop till you are dead. So......BBQ anyone?

#16 John and Mary Chan

John and Mary Chan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:59 AM

If anyone here has ever watched FACES OF DEATH, you know that the freagin electric chair is CRAZY! Bleeding eyes, bleeding nose, bleeding mouth, bleeding ears and the smell must be something nasty. They have to tape everything up so that your body doesn't shoot out blood, the documentary shows exactly how it is, in FACES OF DEATH sequels they do show lethal injection too, it's really nothing, like going to sleep.

Death my firing range is brutal too, they showed it in another sequel.

#17 banned4life

banned4life

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:20 AM

you mean like fight to the death matches or death row olympics?? sell tickets and broadcast the events live on tv? maybe a little pay per view?

LOL great ideas, but not so much like sports because someone actually wins in a sport. The live broadcast and pay-per-view works well, at least some money can be made out of it. Just try looking at it as balancing our books (tax dollars primarily) for their food, shelter, rehab, lawyers, trials, re-trials, appeals, etc.

#18 dOotsiez

dOotsiez

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:52 PM

OMG THAT'S SO BLATANTLY INSENSITIVE :shocked: HAHAHAHAHA

im against the death penalty, electric chair is prob physically more cruel, but both are inherently unjust.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Ummm about going on fire? are you sure... as far as I know the chair needs to be tested, before it's used as a "weapon". But if you're thinking about countries that don't follow the procedure, the chair can be as brutal as leathal injection. Injections could not be carefully prepared. For example they might have a bubble of air in it.. that causes terible cramps.
My opinion is... all ways of killing a person can be brutal. And they are..

yeah im pretty sure. i major in criminal justice. lol i studied and did papers on this, as well as veiwed a pretty documented video on the death penalty and the many types there are, such as lethal injections, hanging, electic chair :D its a very intresting video, don't remember what it was called though since it was from the school library.

but there are always possibilities of sh*t going wrong no matter what.

im not talking about it being used as a weapon lol im actually talking about them using it to kill prisoners who are dangerous. but then whoever created this chair should be deemed dangerous too huh? ;)

They only have 1 chance, so it does not matter if you are on fire or whatever, they don't stop till you are dead. So......BBQ anyone?

no not really. we don't witness every single person who walks down death row and sits on the chair, so lets not assume that they have only one chance :D keeping the options open is always a good thing. as stated above. i only stated that person was electrocuted again or rescheduled due to watching the video on death penalties ^_^

#20 UkNǾWkNΘWU

UkNǾWkNΘWU

♥Oooh-, I miss my Japanese boy♥

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

The electric chair is way more brutal! If you ask me, "Okay, so would you rather be put to sleep or fried to death?", I'd definetely choose the less painful route. The electric chair has been pretty much been done away with anyway, at least that's what I understand. Most think it's too "brutal" to do that to a murderer . . .

#21 fanatics1

fanatics1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:34 PM

[/quote] Hey MadHatter, could u tell me where i might be able find this documentary? It seems pretty interesting :)

Though both ways kill, but the electric chair seems to be more frightening and brutal. Imagine being shocked with a high voltage. Ouch. The prisoner's eyeballs sometimes pop out and rest on his cheeks and often he, or even she, defecates, urinates, vomits blood and drool. The body turns bright red and the prisoner's flesh swells and his skin stretches to the point of breaking. Sometimes the prisoner catches on fire, particularly if he perspires excessively. Witnesses hear a loud and sustained sound like bacon frying, and the sickly sweet smell of burning flesh permeates the chamber.

There is some debate about what the electrocuted prisoner experiences before he dies, many doctors believe that he feels himself being burned to death and suffocating, since the shock causes respiratory paralysis as well as cardiac arrest. According to Harold Hillman, "It must feel very similar to the medieval trial by ordeal of being dropped in boiling oil." Because the energy of the shock paralyses the prisoner's muscles, he cannot cry out. "My mouth tasted like cold peanut butter. I felt a burning in my head and my left leg, and I jumped against the straps," Willie Francis, a 17-year-old who survived an attempted execution in 1946, is reported to have said.

Though the lethal injection way may cause serious cramps and blah blah, it seems to be a more peaceful and less painful way of dying since they put you to sleep first. And crap may happen during electrocution. I recall seeing an electric chair in a musuem or it could have been a fake. Anyway, Id rather be a sleeping beauty with my eyes intact than a fried chicken :)[/quote]

Edited by fanatics1, 05 November 2007 - 01:37 PM.

#22 mailam

mailam

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:43 PM

Electic chair is for sure most brutal of them all, but I´m not for death penalty.
No man can judge death to someone else.

#23 nexus667

nexus667

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:56 AM

The electric chair is more brutal, I have also seen the Faces of Death video.

#24 Nsdfer

Nsdfer

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:23 AM

I don't know, so I say both. There are arguments that lethal injections causes paralyzation but with a consciou mind that feels the excruciating pain. Imagine you can't move or even scream when you are in deep paim; you are just lieing there unabel to express your pain or to move to a better position to feel better. But then the electric chair is kind of gruesome too, like what mostof you guys said (melting eyes, etc.)

#25 MOVIE STAR (:

MOVIE STAR (:

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

ELECTRIC CHAIR is more brutal. i think the electricuting process hurts more than the lethal injection although i'm not sure..

#26 ₓₓpham---

ₓₓpham---

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:19 AM

lethal injection seems, better, doesnt it hurt less?
eletric chair is scary, you get electricuted and die, scary
lethal injection, its just a needdle shot isnt it? so its better

rather die with a needle, than boiled bodyparts all over the floor,

#27 rain_bow

rain_bow

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1797 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:53 AM

defintely the electric chair!
the lethal injection i dont thnk will be painful cos your would die instantly?
with the electric chair you would feel pain

#28 fanatics1

fanatics1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 10:18 AM

Though the lethal injection may seem less painful, I've read about witnesses' accounts about the process of injecting the needle. A few of the processes were described as gruesome and inhumane because if not done properly, the person could feel extreme discomfort as well. And I found it retarded that many a times the criminals actually had to help the doctors find a suitable vein to inject the needle as most of the time they spend a long time looking for one and ended up poking the criminal everywhere. Pretty retarded.

#29 MokaGirl

MokaGirl

::: the one and only :::

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:33 AM

Since I've watched the Green Mile with Tom Hanks, I know I'll never EVER approve Electric Chair execution !!!! I was pretty much traumatized by that sequence. <_<

#30 chanli

chanli

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

Of couse electric chair is more brutal. It looks so painful, and sometimes you dont even die right away, so you are suffering for awhile before you die. At least leathal injection, it just probably feels like your falling asleep, just that you never wake up.

#31 dan168

dan168

Go Eagles!

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

Definitely electric chair. If you're unlucky, you will suffer before you die, just like the movie The Green Mile. At least with injection, you die sleeping without any pain.

#32 六月的雨

六月的雨

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

They are both brutal. I'm wondering why beheading is considered worse then the electric chair.

#33 fanatics1

fanatics1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:22 PM

to me, they're both just as disgusting.

#34 eviltofu

eviltofu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

The Electric Chair is extremely cruel, when you get shocked from a little current of electricity, even than you'll feel pain, imagine thousands of times stronger current, not a good way to die but since these are worst of worst criminals, they might deserve it.

The injection might be painless but we can't say for sure since we're not in their place and don't really know other than hope the drugs knock you out b4 the poison kills you, anyone knows how long that will take?

#35 forevaasian

forevaasian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:58 PM

i'd say electic chair, the thoughts of it would scare me a lot, and other ppl too, probably, and you would feel a lot of pain before dying

#36 thaiphi

thaiphi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

Though the lethal injection may seem less painful, I've read about witnesses' accounts about the process of injecting the needle. A few of the processes were described as gruesome and inhumane because if not done properly, the person could feel extreme discomfort as well. And I found it retarded that many a times the criminals actually had to help the doctors find a suitable vein to inject the needle as most of the time they spend a long time looking for one and ended up poking the criminal everywhere. Pretty retarded.

These stories happen much more often then the prison systems would like to admit.

Also, the question cant be answered as simply as "Electric chair of course DUH!".
If we look at how lethal injection works, basically it stimulates a heart attack in the prisoner. The only problem is that its not always 100% effective in the first few minutes, which means that it could take as long as an hour to kill the patient. There are infact a few stories of executions taking this long. The witnesses say that they could hear the prisoner screaming in agony for the whole extent of the time (one account goes up to an hour). Think about it: an hour of having your organs and heart spasming until they stop working forcing your brain to shut down from loss of oxygen. You could say thats worse than the near instantaneous death from electric chair. Then again, its not quite instant, and I'm sure it hurts a hell of a lot more. As you can tell from recent controversy in the american media and the american court system, even lethal injection is starting to be considered "cruel and unusual."

#37 Dave510

Dave510

i Ken all most spel!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:56 AM

Standard lethal injections are painless. They are not simply one injection, but are made of three shots. The first sedates, the second paralyzes, and the last kills. The process, if administered properly, is not painful at all.

That said, I find the death penalty to be inhumane.

#38 Shadow5YA

Shadow5YA

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

The electric chair is more brutal. Touching a taser can already force you to collapse. Think of what will happen to your body if you get an even higher voltage while being exposed to it for an even longer period of time. Although I oppose any kind of killing except out of self-defense, at least the injection keeps you in one peace.

#39 Shadow5YA

Shadow5YA

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

EDIT: deleted (it was a double post)

Edited by Shadow5YA, 21 January 2008 - 08:04 PM.

#40 joey4cutie

joey4cutie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:03 AM

injection is a very peaceful way of killing someone and cost much more. i think it's like dying in your sleep.