159 replies to this topic

#41 athlee

athlee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:31 PM

Does anyone know if Francis has any new movies coming up? I really like his movies, he is a very good actor, one of the best in fact.

#42 suyoupeng

suyoupeng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:27 AM

my fren actually saw him at orchard road on last sat. she says he's so cool

#43 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:53 AM

Does anyone know if Francis has any new movies coming up? I really like his movies, he is a very good actor, one of the best in fact.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if i remember correctly, he's in a movie with joey yung and eason chan called the crazy heroic duo/couple or something like that but i think he's only co-starring and it should be out some time early next year

#44 kooltotoro

kooltotoro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:17 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's currently starring in a English movie called "One Last Dance" with Di Long & Vivien Hsu. This movie is filmed in Singapore.

#45 geeezzz

geeezzz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:30 PM

he so funny actin in triumph in the skies...but i don't lik him wit zoe in endin

#46 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:47 AM

i like seeing Francis pairing w/ Michele Reis the most...they look sooo swt 2gether in Bakery Amour...Michele lookz as beautiful as ever...& Francis...he's just simply adorable :D...here r some pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 26 December 2004 - 05:49 AM.

#47 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:39 AM

i alwayz knew Francis & Kristy Yang would make a cute couple, which they do in Fall for You...they look sooo darn cute 2gether :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 27 December 2004 - 04:44 AM.

#48 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:33 PM

I tink francis n myolie make a great pair in Truimph in the skies. he is really so sweet to her, esp when myolie was being wheeled into the hospital operating theatre. n when he proposed to her outside the airport runway. ahh....i juz love samuel tong in truimph in the skies...francis ng certainly rox! clapclap

#49 princessyoppy

princessyoppy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

haha of cos! FRANCIS SIMPLY ROCK! :worship

#50 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2005 - 02:56 AM

FRANCIS SIMPLY ROCK!  :worship

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol...HELL YEAH Francis does ROCK!
i luv him the most in IA II as the cOoL @ss Villain! DAMN Francis is HOT in there! i never seen a better lookin killer in Francis than he does in IA II!

#51 Guests

• Guests

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

i like to watch him in triumph in the sky... he is so great... that is wen i started liking his shows... cool man

#52 littlegreen

littlegreen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:19 PM

WOW.. francis ng.. a handsome man that i really fall inlove with his character if i am a lady...
hahahhah.. ridiculous....
never happen
wish to be like him so ideal that he kept everything to himself..

(in the movie of triumph in the skies!)

#53 shaofu5566

shaofu5566

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 05:31 AM

he was excellent in triumphs in the skies
is he part of tvb?
if so they should gibe him more parts
al though he is not cute(to me) i like his acting
very serious and good actor
need to work on english though LOL

#54 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2982 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

he's gonna be in a new series with Flora Chan,Michelle Reis, and some other ppl =]

#55 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 09:31 PM

He lent his voice to the Incredibles! That's so cute :)

Posted Image

Stephanie Cheng Yung, Ronald Cheng Chung Kei, Amy Kwok Oi Ming, Francis Ng Chun Yu and Eric Kot Man Fai provided their voices to THE INCREDIBLES. Two nights ago they attended the premiere. Ng Chun Yu and Cheng Chung Kei pretended to be criminals during their entrances. Cheng Chung Kei's character has often been turned down. He said that since school he has always been turned down. "I think I am aiming too high, it's affected my confidence in getting dates." He looked back at when he first entered the scene and said, "I looked neither human nor ghost! Earlier I saw my old look again on television. It's terrifying!"

Credit to http://www.geocities...038/050126.html

#56 tanleehoon

tanleehoon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:36 PM

his acting is cool in Triumph in the Skies.....
but his hairstyle is a bit awkward....
anyway...hope he could do more TVB series acting soon

#57 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:01 AM

is he part of tvb?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, Francis is NOT part of TVB. though he used to. but now (4 a longgg time already), he is a movie-actor, not a tv-actor. he did TITS just for fun. obviously, not 4 the $$. TVB is known 2 b cheapskates!

Edited by Hugsnkis321, 06 February 2005 - 03:11 AM.

#58 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:49 PM

i love francis after watching him in triumph. hes gr8, but i don't get y he always has to play a bad guy in movies. he should play a good guy xD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Haven't Reali Noticed Him In Films Until I Watched Triumph In The Skies!.. Wow, He Does Play His Role Very Well & Shoo Na.. I'm Juz Waitin 4 "Crazy N' The City" 2 Kum Out.. Cnt Wait 2 Get It! ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wel.. Urm, I No Dat Der's Gana Be 2 Hk Movies.

1. Crazy N' The City.
2. Himalaya Singh.

But I'm Not Sure Wen It's Gana Be Released!

#59 Kaney

Kaney

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:41 PM

hi don't think he'll be having any new shows for the time being. saw him outta HK not too long ago..at where I am..

indeed his triumph in the skies is so wonderful, esp when he has the contrasting role - being the very "traditional" him who was playing the chinese instrument (erhu?) and yet the man who loved flora chan deeply at first..and then the funny part where he acts as the japanese man.. good one francis!

#60 hmzfier

hmzfier

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 10:54 PM

i am watching TITS right now and i fell completely in love with francis. he did such a good job!!!! and i really liked him and flora together..they had that chemistry and it makes you wanna say" awwww they are so cuteee.." haha sorry but yeaa..

#61 valo

valo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 10:38 AM

I Haven't Reali Noticed Him In Films Until I Watched Triumph In The Skies!.. Wow, He Does Play His Role Very Well & Shoo Na.. I'm Juz Waitin 4 "Crazy N' The City" 2 Kum Out.. Cnt Wait 2 Get It! ^_^
Wel.. Urm, I No Dat Der's Gana Be 2 Hk Movies.

1. Crazy N' The City.
2. Himalaya Singh.

But I'm Not Sure Wen It's Gana Be Released!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he's ok in triumph of the skies...but i like him better in movies. but yea, i want to see more of his movies :)

I tink francis n myolie make a great pair in Truimph in the skies. he is really so sweet to her, esp when myolie was being wheeled into the hospital operating theatre. n when he proposed to her outside the airport runway. ahh....i juz love samuel tong in truimph in the skies...francis ng certainly rox! clapclap

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uhhhh i just recently finished watching triumph in the skies and i have to say, everytime myolie comes on, i want to punch her on the face. i dunno, but she annoys the hell outta me. i'd prefer him with flora. they're soooooo much cuter and they look like they were meant to be. i wish they were together instead of myolie.

#62 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2982 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:20 AM

Thanks to vii:
"Triumph in the Skies" and "To Catch the Uncatchable" obtained high viewership and the main actors in both series, Francis Ng and Wong Chi Wah, will be collaborating in a Siu Ding Yat's new series, temporarily named as "Dai Hang" (Big Shot). The budget for this series is HKD 30 million and filming will start in the middle of this month in Guangzhou and Thailand. Besides Flora Chan as the lead actress, Tang Sui Man was also invited to act in this series. However, TVB refused to let Tang Sui Man act in it. Tang Sui Man mentioned to the reporter that she did not have any job in hand currently. Thus, the rumors about her being blacklisted ("fridged")by TVB were even more believable. Actually, TVB acted this way because "Dai Hang" will be aired in ATV. It is believed that Tang Sui Man's role is a woman who's fortune came from the underworld dealings, and together with Francis, will be an excellent pair. But, too bad they can't collaborate in this series. So, Siu Ding Yat is currently thinking about the replacement and is considering China actresses Li Bing Bing and Li Qiang.
Francis and Wong Chi Wah will be acting as brothers and Cheung Tat Ming will also join them. Wong Chi Wah who loves having the freedom to create the character he acts as, will be acting as a comical Math genius. When asked how he would portray his role, he said, "I'll give you a surprise later!"
Flora Chan will be acting as Wong Chi Wah's girlfriend in "Dai Hang".

#63 theonian

theonian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

does anyone know if he is ambidextrous? always thought he was left-handed, until in triumph, there's a dinner eating scene where he eats with both, looks kinda funna,cos of the edits,his chopsticks jump from one hand to another!

Edited by theonian, 28 April 2005 - 01:47 PM.

#64 Guests

• Guests

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:28 PM

i think Francis is great, i loved him in "Triumph in the Skies" especially when he went on a double date with Joe Ma, Flora Chan and Myolie Wuto the Ocean Park he looks WOW!!!! and so young

#65 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:45 AM

Did anyone see him in the movie The White Dragon? His dance moves were so funny!

#66 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

Francis Ng Chun Yu earlier worked on the Mainland television series DAI MO HIM GA (BIG ADVENTURER) and was linked to his co-stars in rumors. Chun Yu said, "The reports said we were at the park and the museum. Actually we were working, with photographers, crew members and make up artists nearby. The magazine cut them all out so only the two of us are left. The funniest part is we went for a late night snack. (Dayo) Wong Chi Wa was in one of the photos but in the second one his head was removed by computer. He is a superstar, why do that to him? They also said I brush a girl's back. If that's true they would have published the fast shutter sequence that got me brushing her other area. Why did they have just one photo? The story isn't true."

Chun Yu said that if made up stories can increase sales he would like to help the magazine. "The title could have been changed to Mainland female star captures two live men." His wife knows that the stories are fictional and laughs at them as jokes.

Credit to http://www.geocities...038/050525.html

#67 suweijun

suweijun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:49 AM

i really love francis's acting. He's such a great actor. i really loved him in Infernal Affairs 2 as the calm, cool, yet dangerous triad leader. i also saw him in this one series where his character gets a mental problem. i think his character got the mental illness from getting hit in the head by a big rock... i'm not sure because it's been a very long time since i saw it. but anyways i thought he was great in there. Can anyone tell me the name of the series by the way? thanks in advance.

#68 nukerc

nukerc

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2046 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:39 AM

Can someone give me the chinese and the correct english title of Francis very old tvb serie called ~

"Gung see sam mun ji" (1989) TV Series

#69 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

I like him very much. He is so cool and muscular. He can keep his body so well even at this age! clapclap

#70 MzAsian

MzAsian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:16 AM

Mmm..Francis is such an gooooood actor! I still have this really old TVB series with him in it...its called "Family Squad"..Its hilarious! He looks hot & cute in there..hehe..I wonder if some of you seen it...? If you did is it ok if you post some pics up from that series..?? THANKS! :D

Oh! And does he have an website? :P

FRANCIS NG IS HOTTT! :iloveyou: LOVE HIM!

Edited by MzAsian, 27 August 2005 - 09:17 AM.

#71 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:56 AM

Does anyone has the picture of his wife? I heard he got married in Thailand. Does anyone knows whether his wife is a Thai?Thanks in advance. clapclap

#72 loveoncemore

loveoncemore

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1509 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:28 PM

he can act but there's one thing that i don't like about him. he cares about money too much!!!

#73 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:10 PM

Francis Ng
Born in Hong Kong in 1961, Francis Ng Chun-Yu got his start in the Hong Kong entertainment industry in 1985 by enrolling in the TVB (television arm of the famous Shaw Bros. studio) acting school. After graduating, he began to find work on television, but actually got banned from working on any TVB show (and by default any show in general) after publicly criticizing TVB's casting policies. Ng was then regulated to working on low-budget fluff such as Dragon Fight and Devil Hunters.

Even though many of Ng's early films could not be called "great," he always brought a degree of intensity to his roles that made them worth watching. Combined with his unconventional facial features, Ng became known as one of Hong Kong's foremost actors for portraying villains. Ng seemed to relish being the "heel" off-screen as well, never mincing his words during interviews.

Ng's breakthrough role came in 1996 with Andrew Lau's Young and Dangerous, where he played a villainous Triad named Ugly Kwan. Even though he was killed off in the film, the character proved so popular that he reprised it (with a twist) the same year with Once Upon a Time in Triad Society. In a typically "Francis Ng" move, he shaved his head just as he was becoming known as a sex symbol because (in his words, perhaps as a knock to his Young and Dangerous co-star and rising idol/hair farmer Ekin Cheng) "it's more manly."

After the success of Young and Dangerous, Ng's film output rose dramatically. By 1999, he was doing over ten films a year -- and unlike many of his previous roles, Ng's newer films had him playing a wide range of roles, from family men (Til Death Do Us Part), fantasy swordplay (A Man Called Hero) and romance (Juliet in Love). Of course, he still played his share of gangsters and villains, but these later roles showcased a depth his previous films didn't touch. Especially of note is Ng's role in Ringo Lam's excellent crime thriller Full Alert, where he portrays a thief tortured between going for the big score or going straight for his girlfriend's sake. Recently, Ng has gained international notoriety for his work in unconventional Milkyway Productions crime films like Johnnie To's Too Many Ways to Be Number One.

#74 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

Francis Ng, Ng Chun Yi, he is a great actor. He's in so many movies and like watching him alot. He can a real bad dude and evil. He was so good in Triumph of the sky playing Sam. He was so good in it.

#75 ngpossible

ngpossible

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:34 AM

He's married? Who is he married to? I watched him in all these movies like...10 years ago. But he really is a great actor. He did so well in Triumph in the Skies. I felt so bad for his character though. His character was too passive in it, but he portrayed it so well! He also does really well when he has to portray bad characters like in Gen X Cops. He can basically do any part and do it well.

#76 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

The news of him getting married was very long ago. I think at least 2 years.He is married to a normal person (not from the circle). That's all i know and he got married in Thailand!

#77 mandy_candy33

mandy_candy33

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1232 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:21 AM

Francis Ng, Ng Chun Yi, he is a great actor. He's in so many movies and like watching him alot. He can a real bad dude and evil. He was so good in Triumph of the sky playing Sam. He was so good in it.

he's good playing the good guys and the bad guys. What was the movie/series called where he played the head leader/big bro of the triad/gang?

#78 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

Biography:
The intense and versatile Francis Ng Chun-Yu was born (as Ng Chi-Keung) on December 21, 1961. He is regarded as one of the best actors working in HK today and, along with Anthony Wong and Lau Ching-Wan, was named one of the “Three Great Characters” at the 25th HK International Film Festival. In addition, the extreme aspects of his persona—ranging from quiet and serious to quirky or maniacal—both on and offscreen have earned him the nickname of “mental”. Given his accomplishments, it may be surprising for some to learn that Ng was once camera-shy and failed TVB's Artist Training program not once, not twice, but a total of three times!
Ng eventually graduated in 1985, but it would be over a decade before his potential as an actor was realized and his talent appreciated. During that time Ng worked his way up from being “Imperial Guard #2” to getting pivotal roles in many popular TV serials. However, his unconventional looks meant that he did not fit the traditional leading man mold. As was the case for many talented actors, the small world of television could not hold a fish that was growing as large and discontent as Ng. He had dabbled with movies early on in his career, and was nominated for a HK Film Best Supporting Actor Award for Handsome Siblings (1992), but Ng's banning from the station due to his open criticisms of them is likely the key factor that pushed him completely to the world of film.
The turning point in his career came with the villainous role of Ugly Kwan in Young and Dangerous (1996), in which Ng stole the show by simultaneously chewing and spitting out scenery. The character was so popular that it spawned an unofficial spin-off, Once Upon a Time in a Triad Society (1996), and Ng has reprised the role in official Y&D spin-offs and even completely unrelated films, like Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars (1996). In addition to gaining the appreciation of movie audiences, Ng began to be recognized critically as well, especially by the HK Film Critics Society, who have awarded him Best Actor three times, for Once Upon a Time in a Triad Society (1996), Bullets Over Summer (1999) and 2000 A.D. (2000). Ng's small but impressive role in 2000 A.D., as a character many years older than himself, also won him the HK Film Best Supporting Actor Award. Pegged as the “dark horse” prior to awards night, his status as a first rate actor was solidified when he garnered the prestigious Golden Horse Best Actor Award for his work in The Mission (1999). His powerfully understated performance in Infernal Affairs II (2003) is expected to bring him further nominations and accolades.
Ng has also ventured into the arenas of theatre and directing, with varying results. He has directed two films to date, What is a Good Teacher (2000) and 9413 (1998). The latter received some good reviews but both were box office flops. Despite this, Ng's passion for directing is still burning hot and he recently accepted an offer to direct a commercial. Ng has had much more success with his stage work. In 1994-95 he starred in the play “Naughty Couple” with his ex-girlfriend Anita Lee. It ran for 70 shows, breaking records for number of shows and admissions, and was even adapted into a movie of the same name. Ng struck gold when he teamed up with colleagues and pals Dayo Wong and Cheung Tat-Ming to star in the wildly popular stand-up comedy and satirical production, “Free Man Show” (1998), and its follow up “Free Man Show 2” (2000). Ng recently returned to his roots (proving that nobody can stay enemies with TVB forever) to play an airline pilot in the well-received TVB series, “Triumph in the Skies”. (Yinique 2004)

selected filmography
(actor unless otherwise noted)
In the Lap of God (1991)
Handsome Siblings (1992)
The Bride with White Hair (1993)
Flirting Scholar (1993)[cameo]
Legal Innocence (1993)
The Kung Fu Cult Master (1993)
The Bride with White Hair 2 (1993)[cameo]
Easy Money (1994)
From Zero to Hero (1994)
I Wanna Be Your Man (1994)
Naughty Couple (1994)
Fake Emperor (1995)
The Golden Girls (1995)[cameo]
Young and Dangerous (1996)
Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star (1996)[cameo]
Sexy and Dangerous (1996)
Satan Returns (1996)
Big Bullet (1996)
Once Upon a Time in Triad Society (1996)
Once Upon a Time in Triad Society 2 (1996)
God of Gamblers 3: The Early Stage (1996)
A Queer Story (1997)
All's Well, End's Well ‘97 (1997)
Too Many Ways To Be No. 1 (1997)
24 Hrs. Ghost Story (1997)
97 Aces Go Places (1997)
Those Were the Days (1997)
Full Alert (1997)
Theft Under the Sun (1997)
Stand Behind the Yellow Line (1997)
Portland Street Blues (1998)[cameo]
Raped by an Angel 2: The Uniform Fan (1998)
Till death do us part (1998)
The Group (1998)
The Extra (1998)
Magnificent Team (1998)
Young and Dangerous: The Prequel (1998)
9413 (1998)[also director]
Wipe Out (1998)
Believe it or Not (1999)
The H.K. Triad (1999)
Last Ghost Standing (1999)
A Man Called Hero (1999)
Gen-X Cops (1999)
A Wicked Ghost (1999)
Bullets Over Summer (1999)
The Mission (1999)
The Lord of Amusement (1999)
The King of Debt Collecting Agent (1999)
Juliet in Love (2000)
2000 A.D. (2000)
What is a Good Teacher (2000)[also director]
Chinese Midnight Express 2 (2000)
A War Named Desire (2000)
Never Compromise (2000)
Clean My Name, Mr. Coroner (2000)
Bakery Amour (2001)
Fall For You (2001)
A Gambler's Story (2001)
Horror Hotline - Big Head Monster (2001)
The Tree (SINGAPORE 2001)
The Loser's Club (2001)
Beauty and the Breast (2002)
Women From Mars (2002)
Colour of the Truth (2003)
Heroic Duo (2003)
Shiver (2003)
Infernal Affairs II (2003)
Fantasia (2004)
Love Trilogy (2004)
The White Dragon (2004)
Crazy N' The City (2005)
Himalaya Singh (2005)
Hands in the Hair (CHINA 2005)

#79 Ross_88

Ross_88

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

Francis Ng is one of the most under-rated actors in Asian cinema, hes a real scene stealer.

#80 cheryltan

cheryltan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 02:50 PM

I love Francis Ng in Triumph In the Sky. I remember he used to get bad guy roles in older series. But I prefer him in good guy roles like in TITS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: francis ng, ng chun yu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users