From Zero to Hero (1994)
Reckless Barrister (1994)
Fake Emperor (1995)
Golden Girls (1995)
Young and Dangerous (1996)
Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star (1996)
Sexy and Dangerous (1996)
Satan Returns (1996)
Once Upon a Time in Triad Society (1996)
Big Bullet (1996)
Once Upon a Time in Triad Society 2 (1996)
God of Gamblers 3 -- The Early Stage (1996)
A Queer Story (1997)
All's Well, End's Well 1997 (1997)
Too Many Ways to be No. 1 (1997)
24 Hours Ghost Story (1997)
97 Aces Go Places (1997)
Full Alert (1997)
Those were the Days (1997)
Theft Under the Sun (1997)
Behind the Yellow Line (1997)
Portland Street Blues (1998)
Raped by an Angel 2: The Uniform Fan (1998)
Till Death Do Us Part (1998)
The Group (1998)
Young and Dangerous: The Prequel (1998)
Magnificent Team (1998)
The Extra (1998)
9413 (1998) (A/D)
Wipe Out (1998)
The Mission (1999)
H.K. Triad (1999)
Last Ghost Standing (1999)
A Wicked Ghost (1999)
Bullets Over Summer (1999)
King of Debt Collecting Agent (1999)
Gen-X Cops (1999)
A Man Called Hero (1999)
Believe It or Not (1999)
Lord of Amusement (1999)
Never Compromise (1999)
2000 A.D. (2000)
Chinese Midnight Express II (2000)
Juliet in Love (2000)
What is a Good Teacher (2000) (A/D)
A War Named Desire (2000)
Clean My Name, Mr. Coroner! (2000)
Fall for You (2000)
Bakery Amour (2001)
Horror Hotline... Big Head Monster (2001)
A Gambler's Story (2001)
Loser's Club (2001)
Leaving Sorrowfully (2001)
Beauty and the Breast (2002)
Women from Mars (2002)
Shiver (2003)
Heroic Duo (2003)
Colour of the Truth (2003)
Infernal Affairs II (2003)
Others ---
Old Time Buddy (1997)
Triumph In The Skies (2003)

HK film awards :

Best Actor Nominations- Francis Ng
1999 Bullets Over Summer
2000 Juliet in Love

Best Supporting Actor Nominations- Francis Ng
1992 Handsome Siblings

Best Supporting Actor Awards- Francis Ng
2000 2000 AD

Edited by Zyphere, 25 November 2005 - 11:25 PM.

#2 Priscilla x3

Priscilla x3

pris <3 ech

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 07:48 AM

i love francis after watching him in triumph. hes gr8, but i don't get y he always has to play a bad guy in movies. he should play a good guy xD

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 05:46 PM

very good actin' in TiTS . he had great chem with flora :)

#4 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:51 AM

,Jan 15 2004, 05:46 PM] very good actin' in TiTS . he had great chem with flora  :)

i agree with u. they look very good together. but flora looks good with everyone she acts with. hehe... sorry >:offtopic but yeh. francis was reli good in Infernal Affairs II as well. love him in it! :)

#5 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2982 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 07:01 AM

any1 haf a pic of his wife and or any info on her??

#6 tvbkiss

tvbkiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 03:01 PM

Pics. -
http://img16.photobu...25154158453.jpg
http://img16.photobu...25154524657.jpg

With his wife
http://img16.photobu...25155700195.jpg
http://orientaldaily...130enew01b1.jpg

[Oriental Daily]

The continuation to "Triumph in the Skies" is to be filmed at the request of the show's sponsors, but since the reports came out about this show's conception, there have been many other sponsors eager to pay large sums of money to become an exclusive sponsor for the show. After much negotiation, reports indicate that the contract has been won by a real estate company in Hong Kong, but they have also set criteria for the cast, indicating that Francis Ng must be in the cast. Originally, Francis had showed some interest in filming this show, but there are rumours that when he found out TVB stood to make a large amount of money by using his name as a selling point, he was not very happy about this, and as he is currently filming another advertisement, he has turned down the job.

When Francis was called and asked whether he was aware that the sponsorship contract had been won by a real estate company and whether or not he had pulled out of the filming, Francis seemed rather surprised as he responded: "Ha? Really? The reason I cannot film is because I have an advertisement for Sprite in China and I have to film there." Francis emphasises that he had already filmed part of this advertisement contract before he filmed "Triumph" and the results after its release was good, so the sponsors have extended his contract for him to film a fresh set of ads for them. Francis says candidly: "The salary for making adverts is obviously higher, it is all money!"

Despite the popularity of "Triumph" bringing fame to the cast members, it has not brought much in the way of material rewards for Francis. He says: "'Triumph in the Skies' has not brought me any more advertisement contracts, just that the sponsors have won the acceptance of the viewers. I had already negotiated this drinks commercial before the show, so don't think that I got the job because of "Triumph". It is because of this ad that I am not filming the continuation."

In response to this, producer Poon Ka Tak reacts excitedly: "Francis is not that kind of person, he will not be that materialistic. Artistes filming shows for TVB receive a set fee, for the company to then sell the show onto the sponsors is a different policy and a matter between the company and the sponsor. There are no conflicts of interests between the two. This is a sequel and not an advertising feature, the sponsors just buy the commercial break and will have no influence over the production."

With regards to Francis not being able to take time from his schedule to film, Poon says: "We don't know the broadcast date at the moment anyway and the time to film the show will only be about five to seven days. We have to decide the air date before we set the filming dates and I am busy filming my new show 'Family of Five', so I have to complete this before I start on the continuation piece. Of course, I would hope that all the original cast will appear and we will try our best to work around Francis. If we really can't do it, then there will still be many original cast members who will appear and there are many other story leads we can follow."

creds-tvbspacenews.blogspot

witout Francis,there wont be TS!!!

Pics in TITS
http://img16.photobu...26173453984.jpg
http://img16.photobu...26175249406.jpg

http://img16.photobu...26175656622.jpg

Magazine Scan -
http://www.loveflora.../tvb-338-03.jpg

#7 add_oil

add_oil

"I'm singing in the sky..."

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:54 AM

love him in "Old Time Buddies" as "4 Gor" and Sam Tong in "Triumph in the Skies"

did you see him in "Infernal Affairs 2"??? he was sooo good as that villian character...somewhat spooky. he was warm and nice to his family, but so cruel and cold with his actions.

#8 Priscilla x3

Priscilla x3

pris <3 ech

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:27 AM

i just found out that francis was suspened from tvb, thats y he changed to making movies instead. i wonder y they asked him to b in triumph in the skies then

#9 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 04:33 AM

He looks so different!

Posted Image

Francis Ng was a guest on a slimming programme yesterday and in response to his good friend Anthony Wong's comment that the Hong Kong Performing Artistes Association was not working for Artistes rights, Francis indicated that he is not a member of any society, but he says you cannot complain once you have joined. He says: "Once you are in, then you should know what it is all about. They are an association, not a union, so there is nothing to complain about."

Also, having gained a great image as a pilot in the series "Triumph in the Skies" last year, Francis had originally planned to take part in a special edition of the show, but he disappointed the fans by turning it down. He says: "I don't really like doing sequels and I couldn't fit it in my schedule, so I will not do it. However, I will make another show for TVB, because my wife doesn't like me going abroad and usually TVB shows mean you can stay in Hong Kong."

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

#10 Guests

• Guests

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:00 PM

He is a really good actor. When he plays the bad guy, I really hate the character or him. I guess that is part of being a good actor. If I didn't feel so strongly then he's not doing his job as a bad guy.

#11 bomjit

bomjit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:19 AM

He's a fantastic actor whose so versatile. It wasn't until TITS that i realised just how tall he was, like him and joe ma were nearly the same height, in the series that joe is in u can pretty much tell he is tall. But in all the movies i've watched with francis he never gave me the impression that he was so tall :)
Anyway, really liked him in TITS, he and flora had such great chemistry. It was good to see him as a good guy for once as he usually plays the villian role.

#12 Jules

Jules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:46 PM

he is one of the most versitaile actor I've seen. YOu know?? I was watching Legend of the condor heroes 82 and I saw him in there! He was this little extra. It was the funniest thing! (just because we're on the subject- I also saw Stephen Chow too!)

#13 Lynn_Lynn

Lynn_Lynn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:33 PM

I started to like him afta watching TITS too... i prefer to c him with zoe(myolie). they look so cute together. this makes him look younger... heeh.. lolz :tricky:

#14 Jules

Jules

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:10 AM

REally??? I liked him with FlorA! I looved the beginning when they first met! It was soo cute in Italy, which was sooooo pretty! With Myolie, she was just so bubbly and young for him.

Anyways, I stopped watching TITS because I realized that they weren't going to get together, so I was like...forget this! I really wanted Flora and Him to get together! Hopefully they'll be a sequel but too bad Flora is not with TVB anymore!

#15 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:09 AM

ehh..him with myolie was just too weird with the whole age thing..he should have been with flora, who cares about joe ma...

are they still considering filming a special series about triumph in the skies? i remember that they wanted to, but francis couldn't do it, so i'm not sure what happened after that

#16 xsMiLeE_sTarZx

xsMiLeE_sTarZx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:17 PM

francis was soOo good in triumph in the skies! i totally fell in love with him after it! sam tong was like the perfect guy. hahah. i was happy that he ended up with myolie. but he looked good with flora too. i love his character in old time buddy too! so cute the way he talks n stuff. hehe. :lol?: and in infernal affairs II? i like the way his character dresses. i thot it was sweet how he cared for his family so much...but he was soo evil the way he just killed ppl. very sad ending for him tho. =(

#17 Lynn_Lynn

Lynn_Lynn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:10 PM

Francis is so hot in TITS.... i mean i hv been watching all his dramas since young but i had never paid much attention to him until i watch TITS... He's so cool in there. I like to see him with myolie bcoz that makes him look younger

#18 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:57 AM

in IA2 i luv Francis's character, Ah Hau, the most! it's hard 2 tell that he's a baddie, because he's so calm all the time, but that's wat i find so d@mn cool about his character. i luv how Ah Hau (his character) luv his family so much & thatz wat cause him 2 lose control of himself when Eric was threaten 2 kill his family in Hawaii. thatz y my fav scene of IA2 is the last scene of Francis (his dyin scene) when pointing the gun at Eric's head... lookin at Francis' face, u know he was hesitant 2 do so, but wanted 2, because Eric was threaten 2 kill his family & stuff. Francis totally deserves his nomination 4 Best Actor! i luv watchin Francis playin a baddie, because 2 b frankly honest, i have seen enough of his funny-funny characterz!

#19 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:11 AM

witout Francis,there wont be TS!!!

feel me! if Francis wasn't in TITS, i wouldn't even bother watchin it. btw, Ron Ng may b hot, but Francis is the 1 who made me want 2 watch the series; Ron is only a plus b/c of his looks.

#20 Guests

• Guests

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:28 PM

Francis is one of the most talented actors in HK. I respect him for his versatility in his acting. :worship He has acted numerous characters before, mostly as baddies. However, it seems that the audience always accept his role with such an ease.

Yeah, i also like his character in Internal Affairs 2. Besides that, anyone still remember his character as Mad Kwan, in Young and Dangerous?

#21 PhantomGaL

PhantomGaL

I <3 Tony Leung & Leo Ku

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:04 PM

Me too wont be bothered to watch TITS if it wasn't for Francis Ng in there.
He's one of my favourite actor that is so so good that I think he deserves more credits in everything he stars in!

I have yet to watch TITS, but I can't wait to see it ^_^'
He's really amazing when he is in IA too!!! My god, just look at the way he acts and his character itself. He brought himself so well and potrayed the character so good, I think I fell in love with him!

Btw, does anyone knows what his wife's name is? Is she someone famous? So lucky! :worship

#22 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:40 PM

did you see him in "Infernal Affairs 2"??? he was sooo good as that villian character...somewhat spooky. he was warm and nice to his family, but so cruel and cold with his actions.

yes i watched IA2! Francis Ng is the reason y i luv IA2 so much!
his character was spooky? :huh: ... well, i guess maybe a lil, bein that he was so calm all the time & stuff, but i thought his character was a cool villain. luv him!

#23 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:45 PM

anyone still remember his character as Mad Kwan, in Young and Dangerous?

i didn't watch Young & Dangerous yet (but im planning 2), but i know about his character in the movies (from all the reviews), which he plays a baddie.

#24 wisdomseeker

wisdomseeker

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:24 AM

I would say he's one of a kind when ur talkin 'bout villian roles. How talent.
Triumph was good or should i say "is" good. :dance
Too bad he wouldn't accept the contract. :xiao3: How could he?
All well! Let's hope he change his mind sooner or later. Then we all will be happy!!!! Won't we? :loool:

#25 xsMiLeE_sTarZx

xsMiLeE_sTarZx

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 01:18 AM

i thot francis was great in infernal affairs 2 toO! haha. loved the glasses. lol. he was great at that part b4 he got shot...but it was so sad. i didnt want him to die. =(

#26 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:09 AM

i just finish watchin Bakery Amour & i gotta say Francis & Michele lookz GREAT 2gether!!! so compatible & so cute! i just luv seeing them 2gether!

another luv-interest of Francis that i like is Kristy Yung! they paired up in the movie Fall for You . i don't care wat those "reviewer" says, they look cute 2gether & they do have chemistry!!! n yes, i luv the movie 2, all thx 2 Francis & Kristy bein in it!

oh yeah, can't leave out Athena Chu (my 3rd fav. Francis Ng's luv-interest). i saw 2 movies of them 2gether (The H.K. Triad & Shiver), n both of those movies, they play hubby & wife.

#27 michele_forever

michele_forever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:57 AM

I started to like him afta watching TITS too... i prefer to c him with zoe(myolie). they look so cute together. this makes him look younger... heeh.. lolz :tricky:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I think so too, they look cute together.
In TITS, he looks so man, not bad looking for his age

Edited by michele_forever, 26 September 2004 - 07:58 AM.

#28 Hue

Hue

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:57 PM

yeah ... here the same ! since watching tits i started to like him ! he was so cute at the beginning , when the lovestory with flora started ! he seems young .... cute ! and i like his acting skills !!!

#29 Guests

• Guests

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:48 PM

i luv his character as a bad guy. he does it so well

#30 Pink Frost

Pink Frost

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 04:18 AM

I neva reli noticed him till TITS. I reli enjoyed watching him act. I jus watched beauty n the breast, it's really old but Francis was so funny in it.

#31 kyokofukada8888

kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:37 AM

after watching him in Triumpth in the Skies
it seems as if he dissappeared

he busy filming anything lately?

hes the best in TTIS espically his hair its soo funny

#32 highdeehoe

highdeehoe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:15 AM

I was juss wondering if Francis Ng (Ng Chun Yu) have any kids?? Or is he even married???

I really enjoy his films and was wondering a bit of info about him.....?? :blink:

#33 heshilin

heshilin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:08 AM

Francis Ng is married.. he married a Singaporean girl..
I like him too, especially those roles where he acted as pervert or with mental problems.. look so so real!!!
haha

#34 Guest_Hugsnkis321_*

Guest_Hugsnkis321_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:03 PM

I was juss wondering if Francis Ng (Ng Chun Yu) have any kids??  Or is he even married???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES! Francis is happily married (if u're wondering, she is NOT in the entertaining circle)... as 4 kids, i never heard of him havin kids, but he might have, who knows...

#35 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:11 PM

Whoa he was in alot of films manz... i think he was pretty gud in Triumph in the skies.. that was ok.. he was a pretty gud match with Myolie.. but he seems pwetty old.. lolz.. same.. i just really noticed when he appeared in TITS and Infernal Affairs 2.. but i think hes been heapsa other series and movies.... that havent seen yet.. proberbly old one.. lolz.

#36 himeko

himeko

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 06:59 AM

Yeah, agree with everyone^ Triumph in the skies was great, and he did a good job! i don't really like his hair though.. he kind of has a big forehead ^_^'
but he's still a good actor!

#37 princessyoppy

princessyoppy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:26 PM

I love FRANICS NG!

I started noticing him in "Ai Qing Bai Mian Bao" Love Bakery. I think he's so nerd and makes me cried so much as he secretly can give his everything to michelle reis. And i realised i've watch so much of his movie b4 but didn't much care.

He is such GOOD ACTOR and HUSBAND! In interview and acticle.. he constantly talk abt his wife. Always will go home early to accompany her wife and stuff... It's so hard to find such a gd husband plus he's a famous hk actor! Unlike some actors whom have mix love relationship... blah blah...
Francis waited for his wife to marry him for 3 years. Isn't HE SO DEVOTED! He wanted to get marry very soon because he want to have baby soon too~ =D He can cook as well! And Francis is so handsome n charming!! His wife is so lucky to have him~ *envy*

People support Francis as he is not only a good actor~ he is a gd man!!!

Edited by princessyoppy, 06 December 2004 - 05:27 PM.

#38 kooltotoro

kooltotoro

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 08:46 AM

He's currently filming an English movie "One Last Dance" (I think that's the name) with Di Long & Vivien Hsu in Singapore. Man, 3 days ago, he came to my company, with his wife, to buy something. I took a photo with him, he's so friendly, always smiling. Even when many of us request to take photos with him, he still put on a smily face. What a great person with no airs like other big stars.

Then, Di Long came with his wife at around 7pm to meet up with the couple for dinner. But I left office then. So sad, did not get to see Di Long. :(

Edited by kooltotoro, 09 December 2004 - 08:46 AM.

#39 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 December 2004 - 03:04 AM

i remember he and tvb had an argument over something in the past, so he went directly into movies. i'm surprised they asked in back for tits.

#40 princessyoppy

princessyoppy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:43 PM

i remember he and tvb had an argument over something in the past, so he went directly into movies. i'm surprised they asked in back for tits.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Francis is a good actor! That's why they asked him for this role... and TVB did the right thing making Francis as the leading actor as it make it Triumph in the Skies a sucessful drama.

Posted Image
Sammuel (Francis Ng) is the TVB magazine No.1 fav role/

Posted Image
Triumph in the Skies No.1 fav drama.

pictures taken from TVB Mag.

Isn't Francis great! I really hope he can act more TVB dramas...

Edited by princessyoppy, 13 December 2004 - 04:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: francis ng, ng chun yu

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users