214 replies to this topic

#201 WaiSiuBo

WaiSiuBo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:57 AM

Like over 20 years ago when I was about 12 I went to my neighbors house and he was watching this anime and I got really nito it but never finished and been looking for it the apst few years. I honestly don't remember much about it except that it was very good. THe only thing I can vaguely remember was it is about this guy who has a wooden like stick and when he sticks it out, he either becomes more powerful or he gets some sort of suit. I watched it back in 1992, I know this is like finding a needle in a haystack but if anyone has any idea it would be greatly appreciated.

#202 sunako nakahara

sunako nakahara

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

I'm looking for a name of an anime serie that was (as I know) broadcasting on the kid show "Flash Fax" on TVB around year 1994.

The story is about two twin sisters who can warp to the places they want by connecting their little fingers and thinking of the destination place. On of the sisters has her boyfriend in London.

That's the main plot of the anime story. Does anybody of you recognize this anime? Feel free to ask questions!

I also want to know the title of this anime. It is one of my favorite anime when I was still a child. :loool:
I'm gonna make a search about this one.

I have found this info from Wikipedia...

Miracle Girls (ミラクル★ガールズ, Mirakuru★Gāruzu?) is a manga by Nami Akimoto. It was adapted into an anime series by Nippon Animation in 1993. Tokyopop has licensed the manga for English release in North America.

Manga

The Miracle Girls manga is licensed for English release by Tokyopop, who released the series from 2000-10-17 until 2003-05-13.[2] It was licened by Editions Star Comics for Italian released, where it was serialised in Amici.[3] The manga has been released in Spanish by Norma Editorial as Gemelas Milagrosas from December 2004 to June 2006.[4]

Anime
Main article: List of Miracle Girls episodes

It was adapted into an anime series by Nippon Animation in 1993. The anime was dubbed into Italian by DENEB Film where it was broadcast on Canale 5 from March 1996 and on Italia 1. It was dubbed in Tagalog and broadcast by ABS-CBN, and is also available in Spanish.[5]

The series uses three pieces of theme music. The opening themes of the whole series are performed by GARDEN, with "KISU no Tochuu de Namida ga" as the opening for episodes 1-29, and "Koi no Mirai" as the opening for episodes 30-51. Dio performs the ending theme for all 51 episodes, "Futari ja Nakya Dame na no".

I really love this anime. :iloveyou: It is one of my favorites. :yeah

#203 crispy

crispy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hi, so in 1995-1996, I had lived in Hong Kong. I remember watching this Japanese cartoon dubbed in Canto, but she would sing in Japanese. She has long pink hair (if i remember correctly) and I vaguely remember the story line as similar to Hannah Montana. She is a regular girl by day, but is secretly a singer. Someone suggested "siu kei lim" or Creamy Mami...but I don't think that's it. I only remember a couple of bars of this one song she'd sing all the time..but it's in japanese. Too bad I can't hum it for you guys! But if anyone has any clue what I'm talking about with my vague description...Thanks! LOL

#204 sunako nakahara

sunako nakahara

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:51 AM

They are normal girls with cool powers!

:loool: :loool: :loool:

They had cool personality, too.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Even if they are identical, they had a different attitudes, but still love each other so much!

I can still remember that they had a professor who thinks that the sisters are somewhat like aliens and really eager to discover their powers.

#205 Hokit

Hokit

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to search for an anime series which I had seen back in the early-to-mid 1990s. Please understand if the my descriptions are vague as there are many details which I've forgotten.

In this anime, the setting is in a fantasy world where the characters are angel-like creatures, with halos over their heads. They're short, stumpy and most of them carry weapons such as a sword or staff.

One of the main antagonists is female. In the Cantonese dubbed version, her name is "sa ah ley" (lol I hope it's the right way to say it). She has flaming red hair and her mouth is covered with a metal covering. She also wears a weird hat over her forehead which has four orbs, each of a different colour. In one particular episode, she's been attacked by the heroes of the series, only to have her mum save her. Her mum has gradually captured the heroes and has absorbed their powers into a globe which she eventually uses to help enhance her daughter's powers. In the end of the episode, the mum sacrifices her life by saving her daughter from a potentially lethal shot by one of the heroes. In the last scene, the daughter's tears fall on top of the globe, activating its powers and thus enhancing her own powers.

Again, I'm very sorry if the description is vague. Please, please, please help as I've been searching for a very long time.

Thanks guys. Any help will be much appreciated :)

#206 NeoteriX

NeoteriX

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

Help, been trying to figure out what Manga/Anime this TV series is for absolutely ages.

The series starts off with giant alien spiders that invade earth, about the same time a young man is found by an organisation which is part of earth's defence, soon after you find out that he is able to transform into a powerful robot suit with the ability of a crystal. He is able to handle the spiders with relative ease, the human defense force even starts developing their own robot suites from what they can figure out from the strangers suit and they start to take back earth's defensive positions back i.e. a big space station that surrounds the earth and was the first line of defence. During one such battle on the space station one of the humans from the organisation in their make shift suit is fighting off the spiders with ease - at this point a new set of bad guys is introduced, another man in a alien robotic suit who basically kicks everyones ass - soon after more people with suits arrive like commandos and our original stranger is the only one strong enough to fight them - earth starts losing and the series seems to move to a point when the surviving resistance move to a base in the north poll (under water spiders introduced at this point) etc - is this ringing any bells for anyone? I've spent more time then I should trying to find this series on-line but not been able to even figure out what the series was called. lol ive even thought I just dream it up but I have way to much in memory form younger years for this to just be in my head

Dunno if you're still looking for this, but I can across this post searching for this same show. It's Teknoman/Tekkaman: http://en.wikipedia..../Tekkaman_Blade

#207 animefinder

animefinder

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

My cousin used to watch this anime, but couldnt remember the title..the descriptions are:

It is about this guy he found a robot in a cave in a village,
then he learn to use it,
and this robot special,
it uses heat as energy,
living in a planet that has a lot of volcanos,
so the robot eats lava for fuel

Later he went on a quest to find 2 legendary weapons to complete this robot,
but he finds out actually this robot is actually his gf's brother's...
the brother lost the robot during a war
but the brother is like evil or sumthing,
and the story bcome very complicated after that

The only name he could remember is the name of the robot: Mech of The Water Axe

Can some one help me and find what this anime is called? Thank you all so much!!

hey i was wondering if you actually found that anime in your description. I've been trying to find it too, please reply as i will be checking this thread frequently

#208 jaboman34

jaboman34

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hi!

I was wondering if anybody knows this anime show around the late 90s or so.

I can't remember much of what I can it was about a guy that falls in love with a green or blue haired girl (very pretty) and discovers she's a robot. After he does she is taken away and he tries to get her back. Sorry I can't be more descriptive I barely remember this show but have always wondered what it was. Also, the show was sort of a drama/love/romance genre of some sort it seemed.

Thanks!

Hi!

I was wondering if anybody knows this anime show around the late 90s or so.

I can't remember much of what I can it was about a guy that falls in love with a green or blue haired girl (very pretty) and discovers she's a robot. After he does she is taken away and he tries to get her back. Sorry I can't be more descriptive I barely remember this show but have always wondered what it was. Also, the show was sort of a drama/love/romance genre of some sort it seemed.

Thanks!

She also has no recall of her memory or that she even is a robot but was secretly made to be evil and doesn't know it

#209 aznsimon

aznsimon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

I been looking for this show forever and I came across 1-2, who are attempting the same as well.
I'm copy the description from this other guy below:
Please take a min to read, Thank you:

When I was a child my parents use to have a VHS tape of a cartoon referencing to "Magic Monkey". It was one of my favorites (watched it over 100times) I searched everywhere on the internet and came up empty handed or the wrong film. I remember some parts of the cartoon and was hoping if someone can lead me to a name? or site i can probably purchase a copy of it.

Its just one of those days where I just want to go back to my childhood. the cartoon is of the monkey falling to earth and a normal family finds him and adopts him since he forgot where and who he is after the fall. The kids hide him in their room and realize he has magic powers and there was one character with the name "Ham-bo-bow" hamburger in cantonese. he uses his fur to create magic and help the kids get by school and bullies along with house hold chores. if anyone can help thanks a bunch.

#210 aznsimon

aznsimon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Please take a min to read, Thank you:

When I was a child my parents use to have a VHS tape of a cartoon referencing to "Magic Monkey". It was one of my favorites (watched it over 100times) I searched everywhere on the internet and came up empty handed or the wrong film. I remember some parts of the cartoon and was hoping if someone can lead me to a name? or site i can probably purchase a copy of it.

Its just one of those days where I just want to go back to my childhood. the cartoon is of the monkey falling to earth and a normal family finds him and adopts him since he forgot where and who he is after the fall. The kids hide him in their room and realize he has magic powers and there was one character with the name "Ham-bo-bow" hamburger in cantonese. he uses his fur to create magic and help the kids get by school and bullies along with house hold chores. if anyone can help thanks a bunch.

#211 greenteam0chi

greenteam0chi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

this might be a bit late, but i know what cartoon you are talking about. the cartoon is called Monty the magic monkey. I remember a place in Chinatown (I live in NYC) and there is spot that sells chinese movies and such and i remember when i was younger i saw it. but when i went there recently its gone. i can't seem to find it anywhere.not even yesasia has it and yesasia has mostly everything. but i say your best bet is to go and find an old spot that sells chinese movies and animes. they might just have it. idk the chinese name but its possible if i had the chinese name i could maybe find an episode or something. but there is a cartoon called chinese fables aka professor panda says and its a 90s or maybe early 80s cartoon and that cartoon is still around. it seems stranger they don't have the one you are looking for.

#212 aznsimon

aznsimon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

this might be a bit late, but i know what cartoon you are talking about. the cartoon is called Monty the magic monkey. I remember a place in Chinatown (I live in NYC) and there is spot that sells chinese movies and such and i remember when i was younger i saw it. but when i went there recently its gone. i can't seem to find it anywhere.not even yesasia has it and yesasia has mostly everything. but i say your best bet is to go and find an old spot that sells chinese movies and animes. they might just have it. idk the chinese name but its possible if i had the chinese name i could maybe find an episode or something. but there is a cartoon called chinese fables aka professor panda says and its a 90s or maybe early 80s cartoon and that cartoon is still around. it seems stranger they don't have the one you are looking for.

Hey thanks man, haven't checked back in awhile. Sorry, but yeah apparently that seems to be the english title as I googled searched and another person is looking for the same thing.
Too bad we don't know the chinese title ....
Time to keep searching! let me know if you have any other clues! Thanks!

this is all i can find online...at least we got a picture now. Apparently was on TVB fairchild (not sure what that is)
Posted Image

#213 greenteam0chi

greenteam0chi

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2510 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Hey thanks man, haven't checked back in awhile. Sorry, but yeah apparently that seems to be the english title as I googled searched and another person is looking for the same thing.
Too bad we don't know the chinese title ....
Time to keep searching! let me know if you have any other clues! Thanks!

this is all i can find online...at least we got a picture now. Apparently was on TVB fairchild (not sure what that is)
613813530.jpg?1341769775

I had my mom find the chinese title for this 小悟空. I tried finding it but I can't find it. I don't know why its rather diffcult to find this drama, considering it was rather popular too but I believe TVB had the copyrights to this cartoon because the episodes I have, there is  TVB logo sign on the upper right corner.

#214 aznsimon

aznsimon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

^ Thanks, I tried contacting tvb and here is what they said:

Thank you for your email.

Sorry to inform you that both HK and USA has not issued the mentioned program.

Thanks & Regards,

Marketing Services Department

TVBI Company Limited

Direct line: (852) 2335-3333  Fax: (852) 2335-3300

Address: 9/F, Main Block, TVB City, 77 Chun Choi Street, Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Bummer!

Oh yeah I found that  chinese title from tvb fairchild (canada). They were the one who told me to contact tvb (hk).

#215 Yakasuri

Yakasuri

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a title for this Anime/Manga.

All I remeber was about two sisters one older and the other still a child both blondes. I think they came from a wealthy family.

They met two brothers. Both families live in the country side in big houses.

I remember that the older sister was closer to the older brother and the younger sister to the younger brother.

Then after a few episodes they changed.

I'm sorry if this is very confusing.  :neutral 

And thanks for your help.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users