214 replies to this topic

#1 LemonTree

LemonTree

[[ Captain ]]

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:16 PM

I'm looking for a name of an anime serie that was (as I know) broadcasting on the kid show "Flash Fax" on TVB around year 1994.

The story is about two twin sisters who can warp to the places they want by connecting their little fingers and thinking of the destination place. On of the sisters has her boyfriend in London.

That's the main plot of the anime story. Does anybody of you recognize this anime? Feel free to ask questions!

#2 karmilla24

karmilla24

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 06:03 PM

I think that you may be referring to "Miracle Girls". It is about two twin sisters who have the power to teleport like that.
Check this linkfor more info about the series. I hope it is the one you are looking for :).

#3 LemonTree

LemonTree

[[ Captain ]]

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 06:26 PM

Wow! That's it! Now I'm getting nostalgic. :D

Thank you very much, Karmilla!

#4 Dreamy

Dreamy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 06:39 PM

i saw a good animeserie for a few years ago.. it was small guys who had small 4wd-cars.. they competed against other teames... but i don't know what's the name of it in english..

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:50 PM.
DL requests are not allowed outside of the Download Section

#5 Tux10

Tux10

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:18 AM

Hey, does anyone know what anime this is?
It was played on TVB when I was about 8 (1988) and it featured this one guy who had three different robot suits, one was a human sized body suit that I think was green, then he could jump into another that was 3 times the size and it was blue and his last suit was a huge red robot with a long sword....

I have been searching and searching and can't find any old anime like this, anyone know what it could be?

Thanks!

#6 Guests

• Guests

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:32 AM

It was played on TVB when I was about 8 (1988) and it featured this one guy who had three different robot suits, one was a human sized body suit that I think was green, then he could jump into another that was 3 times the size and it was blue and his last suit was a huge red robot with a long sword....

I have been searching and searching and can't find any old anime like this, anyone know what it could be?

Thanks!

ummm did the last robot have like different colors and stuff? or just always red?

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 05:32 PM.
Merged Threads; made replies more obvious :)

#7 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 23744 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:34 PM

It was years ago, it's a sfi-ci tv-series about a guy who always has a cigar in his mouth, and one of his hand its a machine gun.
Anyone know the name of this anime?

#8 Guests

• Guests

Posted 24 January 2005 - 03:20 PM

^^ can you give us more hints like which time like future, present or past.

what was he wearing

what about other character.

was it a brutal anime or a comedy or a mix of action and comedy.

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:56 PM.
Merged Thread; made replies more obvious :)

#9 Pacman123

Pacman123

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:01 AM

i saw a good animeserie for a few years ago.. it was small guys who had small 4wd-cars.. they competed against other teames... but i don't know what's the name of it in english..

That sounds like Initial D but it's a guy who drives a AE86 and races against other teams and one of the teams is made up of Lan Evo(4wd cars)....If it's not that then i don't know.

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:50 PM.

#10 Dreamy

Dreamy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:20 AM

That sounds like Initial D but it's a guy who drives a AE86 and races against other teams and one of the teams is made up of Lan Evo(4wd cars)....If it's not that then i don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no i don't think so then.. cause the cars is only "hand big"...

#11 _avextrax

_avextrax

SHOOTO!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:15 AM

maybe you can find it here: AniDB

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:51 PM.

#12 Dreamy

Dreamy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:52 PM

maybe you can find it here: AniDB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks avetrax!
i found the serie after 15min haha
its name is "The Racing Brothers" if anyone wanna know....
but i couldn't find any torrents at all.. so i think i'm way to late to see this serie..:xiao1:

// dreamy

#13 newayz

newayz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

wow...dis series was liek 1 of the most famous anime in hk in 1997 lolz...i rememba wen i went bak 2 hk at dat year u could c everi store sellin dose car models...sum r bootleg tho lolz...i still hav mine cover by dust lolz

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:51 PM.

#14 Szeh

Szeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:55 PM

My mothers tryign to find this Taiwanese series about a Cat and a Mouse. You guys know what the title is?

#15 Guests

• Guests

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

Hker'z or people in China! Anyone watch the anime shown on TVB, such as that kids show thingy (It used to be called something lightning or flash but it changed the name)? Where it's really a kids show, but they show a anime around the middle? I remember watching Chibi Maruko-chan, Doraemon, etc. There was one that I liked but I forgot what the name is, anyone who watch it know? It's really long ago. Science fiction, about this space academy for track? This girl's mom is hella fast but she passed away. And this daughter is living up to her mother's title. This was from 1996-1999. Anyone know what the name is? Haha. I highly doubt it, but I'm just retracing my youth.

#16 pokedmond

pokedmond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:23 PM

Hker'z or people in China! Anyone watch the anime shown on TVB, such as that kids show thingy (It used to be called something lightning or flash but it changed the name)? Where it's really a kids show, but they show a anime around the middle? I remember watching Chibi Maruko-chan, Doraemon, etc. There was one that I liked but I forgot what the name is, anyone who watch it know? It's really long ago. Science fiction, about this space academy for track? This girl's mom is hella fast but she passed away. And this daughter is living up to her mother's title. This was from 1996-1999. Anyone know what the name is? Haha. I highly doubt it, but I'm just retracing my youth.

The hong kong kids show you're referring to is called

"Seem Deen Chun Jun Gay"

Can't write it in chinese, so thats the closest english translation you're gonna get!

Not sure about the animes they showed, but my favourite was Cyber Formula.

Edited by tammiest, 27 August 2007 - 05:42 AM.

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:51 AM

"Seem Deen Chun Jun Gay"

Can't write it in chinese, so thats the closest english translation you're gonna get!

during that show they show the more healthy anime series
the others like gundam wing, gundam see full metal alchemist etc will be shown around 5 o'clock
at night we will see the more not suitable for small children anime like dragonball Z, yu yu hakusho etc

Edited by tammiest, 27 August 2007 - 05:45 AM.

#18 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:16 AM

"Seem Deen Chun Jun Gay"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it is Seem Deem Chun Sun Gay, but now it's called Zi Net Sil Yun Ler. =]

Edited by tammiest, 27 August 2007 - 05:43 AM.

#19 tang85

tang85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:31 PM

I'm looking for the english or cantonese name of a anime series.
The main character in the series is Siu Jann (little man), he got a sword which can do different kind of tricks when he puts a ball in it (fireball, waterball etc.) One of his tricks is "Fong Tche Giim Faat" (Storm Car Swordplay). This series is kind of old, from mid 90's i think.

thx in adv

Edited by tang85, 14 August 2005 - 05:56 PM.

#20 Devil_Devil

Devil_Devil

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:07 PM

If you have the character name in Japanese give http://www.animenfo.com/index.php a try and if you know the production date or year you may try http://anidb.info/pe...db.pl?show=main thats the only thing that i can do to help you sry
PS use their search engine to find them...

Edited by Devil_Devil, 14 August 2005 - 06:09 PM.

#21 Guests

• Guests

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:06 PM

A very hilarious anime ... i only know the cantonese title of it "Kam Yat Ngo Ji Lek" or "today im the smartest" if direct translate to english. Two main character called "Kam Jeng" and "Sam Kiu". Mostly abt gang fight in school ... any idea???

#22 Guest_n3kozuki_*

Guest_n3kozuki_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:54 PM

in hongkong i watched this episode of some anime...it was pretty funny... i was wondeing if anyone would know what its called...

its about this dog and his owner who is a high school student...and the dog has a girlfriend..sorta thing...its pretty funny! :dance

#23 Guests

• Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

I'm looking for the english or cantonese name of a anime series.
The main character in the series is Siu Jann (little man), he got a sword which can do different kind of tricks when he puts a ball in it (fireball, waterball etc.) One of his tricks is "Fong Tche Giim Faat" (Storm Car Swordplay). This series is kind of old, from mid 90's i think.

thx in adv

I think I know which serie you mean. But dont know the name of it.

The main character uses a sword with a wolf mark on it , isnt it?

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 05:45 PM.

#24 Guests

• Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:30 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you've already come across this site, but it has a lot of pictures from a LOT of old robot TV shows. I figure since you said you saw it in '88, it must have been made a bit earlier...

Japan Hero Robot Anime Page

My search term to find this was : Robot Anime.

Good luck! I know I hate it when I can't think of the name of something and I want to see it again, so I kind of think I know how you feel :P

#25 Guests

• Guests

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

in hongkong i watched this episode of some anime...it was pretty funny... i was wondeing if anyone would know what its called...

its about this dog and his owner who is a high school student...and the dog has a girlfriend..sorta thing...its pretty funny!  :dance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you describe a bit more about this anime?

The first one I thought about it "Junkers Come Here"...but I think the anime version is different from that...

...then there is that "Inu mo Arukeba Fall in Love"...but that dog has a boyfriend and I don't think it's an anime.

...Guru Guru Ponchan is about a dog owned by a high school student, but that dog has a boyfriend and I don't think it's an anime, though I wish it was.

That's all the ones I can think of off of the top of my head that have dogs in them, but those are all shoujo stories. Maybe your anime is from a shounen manga? If you think that way, it might narrow things down a bit?

Oh, I just thought of two more:

Dog of Flanders (but the owner of the dog is a young boy?)
Kindan na Koi o Shiyou - I don't know if they made an anime about this one (I know more about manga than anime...sorry), but it's about a Wolf who has a girlfriend? So that fits your description a little better?

Edited by HowlnoNyanko, 31 August 2005 - 05:47 PM.

#26 pingy72

pingy72

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:42 PM

i have seen it on kazaa once long time ago, it was a music video based on the phantom of the opera. however, it seems futuristic for there are soldiers in uniforms who are revisiting the old hunted opera house. i wonder if this is a real movie or just a fan made mv?

#27 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:11 AM

its about this dog and his owner who is a high school student...and the dog has a girlfriend..sorta thing...its pretty funny! :dance

is it fruit basket? does the dog transform into human? or does it stay animal?

Edited by tammiest, 28 August 2007 - 05:17 AM.

#28 Sheewee

Sheewee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:27 AM

is it fruit basket? does the dog transform into human? or does it stay animal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um... kinda hard to help you with so little info. But I can't be Fruits Basket imo. because N3kozuki wrote "its about this dog and his owner". And Shigure in Fruits Basket can't be close the opposite gender. Why would he has a girlfriend then? =p

#29 Guests

• Guests

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

Maybe it's one of these 3. They all started airing in 1988:

Yoroiden Samurai Troopers: http://anidb.info/pe...w=anime&aid=460

Kikou Senki Dragonar: http://anidb.info/pe...w...me&aid=1112

Transformers: Choujin Master Force: http://anidb.info/pe...w...me&aid=2069

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:52 PM.

#30 labitz

labitz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:34 PM

I watched almost the same anime like this one but as far as I remember the smallest robot has blue color n the middle has red color for the last one (the biggest one) is blue color. I am not sure about the title! is it GUARDIAN? oh yah! the good guy also has black panter as pet.

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:46 PM.

#31 Guests

• Guests

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:43 AM

Its really little info. Can you tell in which year you watched it?

Edited by tammiest, 28 August 2007 - 05:18 AM.

#32 Guests

• Guests

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:14 PM

maybe a screenshot would help also, name of main character, or rough translation of title

Edited by tammiest, 28 August 2007 - 05:18 AM.

#33 Guests

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:39 PM

i watched it too i think it was this anime
http://anidb.info/pe...w=anime&aid=965
i hope that i could help u ^^

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:47 PM.

#34 T.c

T.c

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:36 AM

i'm not very sure whether i know what is it... i think my friend told me before too, and she was not too sure about it too... did the main character die in the end?

Edited by tammiest, 10 August 2007 - 08:47 PM.

#35 Guest_n3kozuki_*

Guest_n3kozuki_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:57 AM

wel... as i said i only watched the first episode...and ...
well when i watched it in hk it was either last years DEC or this year JAN...

so...well the dog is the narrator i think..and its brown...from what i remember, his owner is a high school girl with short black( a dark colour) hair..and she has a crush on some guy or something like that...
and the dog..has a girlfriend..who really likes to eat some sort of bread..
well during the show..the dogs girlfriend found out she had to leave and she gave him his whole collection of bread.. (which was buried somewhere in a park) and left...and then he ate all of the bread because he was depressed.
then later on in the show..they realise that the girlfriend was actually leaving after all..they were only visiting a friend or something..and when she comes back and realises he ate all her bread ... she got really pissed =]p

well i can't remember much but it was funny~~~

Edited by tammiest, 28 August 2007 - 05:20 AM.

#36 jay.cee

jay.cee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 12:56 AM

unfortunately i've totally forgotten. its relatively short compared to most series.
its about a girl in highschool, she has a brother that attends the same school, and has a rough start with one of the teachers who's also a basketball coach (who's young and hot) and the story revolves around basketball, and the eventual love btwn her and the teacher/basketball coach, and the struggles they go through.

#37 melonprodigy16

melonprodigy16

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:34 AM

Remember those days of Candy Candy or Magical Creamy Mami? Those were classics beyond Sailormoon. Right now I am searching for this one movie that I saw when I was a little girl. I've looked all over google/anime databases but to no avail.

It's one of those magical girl titles where the protagonist has some sort of wand and transforms into a more....attractive/ideal woman form. It was long ago, so I only remember bits of it...I remember the girl's parents got into a plain crash and they disappared into this "neverland". I think it was at the beginning or end where the girl is holding a concert in her transformed state. She keeps changing into different costumes until she accidentally changes back into her original form and becomes incredibly embarassed realizing her mistake.

I think her transformed figure has long pink hair. Does anyone happen to have any idea of what this movie was called? I would greatly appreciate it!

#38 theonian

theonian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

Hi,

I'd like to find the name of this character, please!

Posted Image

Thanks!!

#39 Guests

• Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

Hi,

http://www.geocities.com/theonetam/Eitak.jpg

Thanks!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

her name is Rei Ayanami from Evangelion ^^

Edited by tammiest, 04 September 2007 - 05:59 AM.
Don't quote [img] tags in replies; Merged thread-- made replies more obvious :)

#40 Guests

• Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 07:51 PM

Hi,

http://www.geocities...netam/Eitak.jpg
Thanks!!

Yup , that's Rei,in SD mode, probably an fanart, since you never get to see her smile like that in Evangelion ^^.

Edited by tammiest, 04 September 2007 - 06:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users