- - - - -

Quick Questions! Ask here!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

how do i apply mascara to look like joe chen's eyelashes in prince who turns to frog?

#2 tingzteng

tingzteng

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:56 AM

hi. i will be moving to boston this fall and am wondering if there are any good waxing salons there.
thanks.

#3 jadedreams27

jadedreams27

TVB fanatic #1

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2147 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:47 AM

Got a quick or simple health, beauty, or sports question that may not be a good topic starter? Or a question about whether a hairstyle looks good on you? Ask here and see if other members can help you!

*It is advised that if it is a dire health condition question/topic, it is probably better to consult your physician or local clinic/hospital. The opinions and responses from other members are only suggestions.

*To Respond:
1. If you see a question you think you can answer, please quote the question and provide your opinion/suggestions.

2. If another person already answer, please move on and respond to another question.

Thanks and hope this helps!

*Added by nanshi:
You can also ask questions or request information/recommendations for makeup/beauty/health products in here as well!

Edited by nanshi, 05 October 2007 - 08:48 PM.

#4 candy.rain

candy.rain

Shazz

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2017 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:24 AM

Great thread! Cos I wasn't sure the Q I'm about to ask is suitable enough for its own thread. Anyways.

I was wondering are there any other differences between tester perfumes and normal perfumes besides the box and the tester bottle has no lid?

Thanks

#5 Kiberry

Kiberry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:26 PM

Mm.. I've always wanted to know whether a boar bristle brush is actually good.. has someone tried it and has it made any difference at all?

#6 chalotte_poon

chalotte_poon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

How do i have smaller and slimmer legs without making it bulky and huge and muscly?i want it slender and slim..not big built.

#7 swissy

swissy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:26 AM

I wonder if i can make my hair curly by tying it into little buns when it's wet and just keep it like that till it's dry. I wash my hair and put it up while wet sometimes b/c it'll be easier to do; after hours of that, my hair is curly when i put it down and it actually stayed for a long time. i wonder if i keep doing that day after day, will it last up to days and even weeks? I know of course going to the salon will guarantee about that more, but im just curious about this home-made way though.

Thanks.

#8 Bemy1004

Bemy1004

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:39 AM

Anyone kno wat airbrush makeup is?

#9 UkNǾWkNΘWU

UkNǾWkNΘWU

♥Oooh-, I miss my Japanese boy♥

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:44 AM

Anyone kno wat airbrush makeup is?

Hmm . . . i know
what airbrush is . . .
as in computer . . .

I know of one type of makeup
that you spraypaint on ure
face, like a foundation . . .
maybe ure talkin about that . . .

Edited by jadedreams27, 02 August 2007 - 06:34 AM.
add quote

#10 karmen

karmen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:32 PM

If you're a guy here, then i'll need ur help!

I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of u have heard of the brand Esprit...

I would like to know:

- Do u like anything in particular from this brand?

If yes, what? (the pants/jackets/socks/thongs/accessories etc..)

thanks

#11 gal-bi

gal-bi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

whats the difference between salon hair dying and home hair dying?

Great thread! Cos I wasn't sure the Q I'm about to ask is suitable enough for its own thread. Anyways.

I was wondering are there any other differences between tester perfumes and normal perfumes besides the box and the tester bottle has no lid?

Thanks

the normal perfumes have stronger scents and last longer because they can go over the body move evenly.

I wonder if i can make my hair curly by tying it into little buns when it's wet and just keep it like that till it's dry. I wash my hair and put it up while wet sometimes b/c it'll be easier to do; after hours of that, my hair is curly when i put it down and it actually stayed for a long time. i wonder if i keep doing that day after day, will it last up to days and even weeks? I know of course going to the salon will guarantee about that more, but im just curious about this home-made way though.

Thanks.

doing that everyday will not last for several days until you wash your hair again. its like straightening your hair, washing your hair make its all wavy again.

#12 grapeacide

grapeacide

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:02 AM

how do you use a boar bristle brush?

i was told they're good for your hair b/c of the natural oils or whatever, and to brush your hair with it before you shampoo to detangle your hair. but when i use it, i feel like it's not brushing my hair. lol. it feels kind of like a flat surface. so i brush it really hard and can feel the bristles, but i think that's bad for it. am i brushing my own hair wrong? O_O

Edited by minivicki, 03 August 2007 - 10:11 AM.

#13 Bemy1004

Bemy1004

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

Lips
Will it change? like get bigger or smaller?

Edited by minivicki, 03 August 2007 - 10:10 AM.

#14 OMG itz MEEE

OMG itz MEEE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:22 AM

hmm i have a question i have been working out for a while in the gym i was wondering when people drink protein shakes what exactly does the protein shake gives i bought a box of whey 100% ( protein powder) i was told it helps you but never was told what exactly it does to your body?

#15 Michelle.

Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7408 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:55 AM

Lips
Will it change? like get bigger or smaller?

your lips will barely change shape when you get older
your lips will only enlarge from when you are a baby

#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

hmm i have a question i have been working out for a while in the gym i was wondering when people drink protein shakes what exactly does the protein shake gives i bought a box of whey 100% ( protein powder) i was told it helps you but never was told what exactly it does to your body?

er...from what i know, protein helps build and regenerate body tissue. at that is how those body builders bulk up and all. lol by taking in protein shakes.

and it is also essentially used as energy for the body.

i don't use those protein shakes and all that, but then, that is all i know from the top of my head.

#17 MeiLi ChunLai

MeiLi ChunLai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

How the easy way to descrease weight ??

#18 hedwig123456

hedwig123456

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

What is a good mascara that is not too heavy? I've tried dozens but they all feels so uncomfortable and heavy....makes me hate wearing mascara even at all. And should I wear mascara when I put on eyeliner too? or will it be too much?

#19 heehee

heehee

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

Hair straightener:

My hair is naturally straight, a bit wavy at times. I recently got layers and want to style it by straightening it. Would you recommend that I spurge on an expensive straightening iron or will an inexpensive one like Conair be fine? I don't want to spend so much money, but then again I want a good one that works for a reasonable price.

#20 lovekdramas

lovekdramas

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:13 AM

My mother bought me Acnopure products, but the directions are in Japanese. It comes with "Dry Essence", "Clean Lotion", and "Night Off". Do I use Dry Essence and the Clean Lotion morning and night? And how many squirts from the bottle am I supposed to use? Because when I squirt it once it seems so little.

#21 jajangmyunhead

jajangmyunhead

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:33 PM

What is a good mascara that is not too heavy? I've tried dozens but they all feels so uncomfortable and heavy....makes me hate wearing mascara even at all. And should I wear mascara when I put on eyeliner too? or will it be too much?

Maybelline's full and soft waterproof is really good. It helps hold a curl too. I wear eyeshadow mascara and eyeliner. I don't feel complete if I don't do all 3. Since it makes my eyes looks 10 times better. I have single eyelids btw. Makeup is a personal choice. Do you think you look better without it or with it? If you are worried that eyeliner and mascara is too much. Put mascara on curl lashes and put a thin line of eyeliner on close to your lashline. It should look natural. :thumbsup

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:47 PM

Does vaseline or olive oil make your eyelashes longer?

dont know but then vaseline is NOT good to put on the eyes...can develope an infection but then what i did hear is you take vitamine E, i guess those gel capsules and you use one, and put it on your eye lashes. it should make them grow longer, and healthier...

:unsure:

#23 weedpeach

weedpeach

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

sometimes you see a pimple on your face and you cant help but to pick at it. and you do. but afterward, theres this scar left from it.
is there a way to get rid of it?

#24 nanshi

nanshi

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

sometimes you see a pimple on your face and you cant help but to pick at it. and you do. but afterward, theres this scar left from it.
is there a way to get rid of it?

I like to use Neosporin with a band-aid. You shouldn't really pick... but I found out that Neosporin works really great in those cases...!

#25 aznhon

aznhon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1408 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:11 AM

Thanks

There is no difference. They just pulled one out as a sample. The one they pulled out may have had a damaged box during shipment but the product itself will not be different.

Hair straightener:

My hair is naturally straight, a bit wavy at times. I recently got layers and want to style it by straightening it. Would you recommend that I spurge on an expensive straightening iron or will an inexpensive one like Conair be fine? I don't want to spend so much money, but then again I want a good one that works for a reasonable price.

My recommendation would be to go for a more expensive one. The cheap one snags on your hair so you might end having to spend more money on fixing your hair from the damage!

#26 5566fan

5566fan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

Well, I posted this question as a topic but no one answered, so hope that someone here can answer it.

Does Mama Lotion actually works for getting rid of acne and acne scarring? Thanks.

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

^ i think most people didn't answer it because they never heard of what that is.

what is mama lotion? is it that lotion where old ladies wear? that white cream?
is it a brand?

#28 5566fan

5566fan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:49 PM

^ i think most people didn't answer it because they never heard of what that is.

what is mama lotion? is it that lotion where old ladies wear? that white cream?
is it a brand?

I personally have never heard of this until just a few days ago when I was reading reviews on products for acne...

MaMa lotion is a brand. This is its official website http://mamalotion.com/ . Some have been saying that it works very well for acne scarring but as I would have to order it from a US website, and it's not that cheap (US$44.50), I would like to seek advice first. And also if this can be used if I still have active acne.

Thanks.

Edited by 5566fan, 12 October 2007 - 11:50 PM.

#29 ~Carly~

~Carly~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:11 AM

Hi there,

i want to ask.. if i eat hot stuff... i will feel my head & body very itchy..
once getting summer the weather is hot.. i also feel itchy..
can i know why? :crying:

#30 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hi there,

i want to ask.. if i eat hot stuff... i will feel my head & body very itchy..
once getting summer the weather is hot.. i also feel itchy..
can i know why? :crying:

that happens to me too :buahaha but then i excuse that as me "warming up" ...i don't get too itchy i only get a tingly feeling. i always thought that was the result of sweat popping out :D .

#31 ~Carly~

~Carly~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:24 AM

that happens to me too :buahaha but then i excuse that as me "warming up" ...i don't get too itchy i only get a tingly feeling. i always thought that was the result of sweat popping out :D .

I though i got skin Allergy.... feel so hate it.. always go to scatch my skin >< :crying:

#32 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

I though i got skin Allergy.... feel so hate it.. always go to scatch my skin >< :crying:

unless your skin is turning red in patches in parts of your body, then i dont think its too much of a skin allergy..

#33 danniiiiiiiiiiiiE

danniiiiiiiiiiiiE

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:39 AM

I have a question about using the lens.... I just ordered a pair of Dueba, and 2 pairs of Geo lenses. Am I suppose to get some kind of cleansing solution on my own to soak the contacts in? if I need to get one, any recommendations for good solutions? I've never worn lenses in my life... so I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'll need to have for the circle lenses. Besides the cleansing solution, do I need to have anything else?

#34 nanshi

nanshi

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

I have a question about using the lens.... I just ordered a pair of Dueba, and 2 pairs of Geo lenses. Am I suppose to get some kind of cleansing solution on my own to soak the contacts in? if I need to get one, any recommendations for good solutions? I've never worn lenses in my life... so I have absolutely NO IDEA what I'll need to have for the circle lenses. Besides the cleansing solution, do I need to have anything else?

Yes. For all contact lens care, you actually MUST MUST MUST (can't stress this enough) buy solution. Opti-Free Express is one that comes recommended by most optometrists and is also easily available and fairly cheap. It's a cool no-rub solution (most of them are right now) and they have generic solutions available.

I use Aosept Solutions with hydrogen peroxide. It probably works the same way, but I like Aosept better because after 4hrs, it neutralizes to a saline solution. But Aosept is kinda pricey and you have to separately buy a special lens case.

You can buy protein enzyme tablets that are typically made for rigid gas-permeable (hard) lenses that will clear up protein deposits. Do that a couple of times a month (about once every week or two weeks should be fine) to keep your lenses clean and happy.

*don't forget to soak your lenses in your NEW solution at least overnight before putting them in! happy wearing!

#35 UkNǾWkNΘWU

UkNǾWkNΘWU

♥Oooh-, I miss my Japanese boy♥

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:30 AM

Question:
Will skin lighteners make your facial skin blotchy? The ones that even out your skin tone, not the ones that totally bleach your skin.

#36 an_g_ie

an_g_ie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:07 PM

hello i want to know about the basic skincare?
what is the use of a toner and a emulsion?
what do we need after cleaning the face?

hi apple, i'm not really sure what's the most correct skincare is, since it usually differs with the person's skin type. but i can share with you my experience.

i think the most basic skincare would be removing makeup with make up remover (if you have makeup on), then cleansing your face with a cleanser that suits your skin type (eg for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, etc). after cleansing your face, you should use a toner to remove any excess dirt. toner also helps to minimize your pores so your skin can look more flawless... :D

then if you're going out in the day, you should continue with a sunblock (at least spf 15 i think) to prevent your skin from going dark and also to prevent skin cancer from the uv rays. currently, i'm using a sunblock that's also the moisturiser, so i skip the moisturising part... then after dat you can continue with your makeup.

at night, you can use a night cream/moisturiser. moisturiser will keep our skin hydrated, especially if we are sleeping in an air-conditioned room.

then, once in a week, you can also treat your skin with a exfoliation (to remove the dead skin cells) and then a mask (for deep-moisturising).

yup, basically that's my daily routine. hope it helps... :)>-

#37 kieu anh

kieu anh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:37 AM

Yay, I'm glad there's a thread where we can asks questions. Kay, so I want to change my hair colour to blonde. Oh and I'm Asian. But I want to try it out first to see if it looks good. But by using temporary or semi-perminants would I still get the same effect as Mari Yaguchi or Ayumi Hamasaki?
Typically it would be nice if I can get these hair colours ;
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please tell me if there are any good products to use for changing my hair for a short period of time.

Thanks.

#38 ~Giggles~

~Giggles~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:51 AM

does anyone know if the taiwanese rolls that you roll up your chin to make your face slimmer actually works? i mean, your jaw bone won't budge even if you try pressing it in, so i've been really curious as to if it works or not.

#39 baby1234

baby1234

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

What fruits are red color? Example?

#40 'nnic

'nnic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:30 PM

Boar bristle and other natural hair brushes are good for your hair because of their ionic charges, a similar principle is used for negative-ion hair irons and hair dryers. It makes your hair lay smoother, it makes the scales on the hair lay down too so its shinier. The opposite can happen if you use a plastic brush, it builds up a static charge and makes the hair puff out.

Only problem I have with them is that the bristles tend to be too soft, and are not very good for detangling. Try to get one with the stiffest bristles you can find. Also I have not had very good results with the ones that have plastic bristles mixed in, usually have the same static problem.

Mm.. I've always wanted to know whether a boar bristle brush is actually good.. has someone tried it and has it made any difference at all?

how do you use a boar bristle brush?

i was told they're good for your hair b/c of the natural oils or whatever, and to brush your hair with it before you shampoo to detangle your hair. but when i use it, i feel like it's not brushing my hair. lol. it feels kind of like a flat surface. so i brush it really hard and can feel the bristles, but i think that's bad for it. am i brushing my own hair wrong? O_O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users