712 replies to this topic

#681 In the spirit of love

In the spirit of love

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1822 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:27 AM

I just watched Tsuki no Koibito episode and I really like and would like to everyone to watch the said drama.

#682 dramafan

dramafan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:12 AM

For those who want to be introduced to J-dramas, watch Hana Yori Dango, Hana Kimi (J version), Proposal Daisakusen and Buzzer Beat. I know it's all sappy love stories but it's worth watching. Posted Image

#683 Shounen

Shounen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:52 AM

I am a big fan of J Drama. Its great =].

my top picks would be...:(no particular order, mostly the order which i've last seen them)

Densha Otoko (Very touching and heart warming, not to mention very funny, even though its a bit old
Love Shuffle (great little past time drama with Hiroshi Tamaki)
Proposal Daisakusen (Pretty touching and it makes you feel like you can do anything!)
Kurosagi (I only started watching this because i saw Nobuta and i wanted to see how the actors personality would be like in this one, but it turned out great anyway)
Nobuta wo Produce (very funny and fun drama!)

thats all for now i guess =D

#684 kubota0

kubota0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

I don't know a good japanese drama but everone who saw Devil beside you would like taiwanese drama more. By the way, does anyone of you know where to find the manga version of Itazura na kiss further than vol8 ch 29?

#685 snuggie ♥

snuggie ♥

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:40 PM

I have no idea why people go crazy over korean dramas because in my opinion, japanese dramas are waaaaaaay more awesome. :D

So far, Liar Game proves to be the awesomest drama. 2 seasons, it's a mix of mystery and psychological thriller. Pretty intelligent. Plus the Toda Erika and Matsuda Shota pair is adorable. Even though there's no real romance involved.

Not a huge fan of Maki but I like atashinchi no danshi quite a bit. It was really cute and fluffy. Plus the pairing was too ideal. ^^

I liked Mr. Brain for Kimura Takuya because he's awesome as ever. I wished the drama was a bit quicker though and less cliche.

mei-chan no shitsuji is not bad too. Fluff and yay for Mizushima Hiro! :)

I am not sure why Nodame Cantabile is popular because I thought it was way too slow. But the main actors are pretty good and it was a very light-hearted, cute romance story.

#686 groove_29

groove_29

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

this past months i have watched this j dramas...

1. hana kimi....
2. haha yori dango 1
3. 1 liter of tears
4. waterboys 1..still looking for the season 2
5. he who cant marry

still watching this j dramas..

1. hana yori dango 2
2. h2
3. nobuta no produce
4. smile
5. ryusei no kizuna
6. dragon zakura

#687 jandari

jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:22 AM

I would really recommend Hana Kimi. It's my all time favorite J drama..hands down.
You wouldn't even imagine that the actors who played teeners in this drama are all in their early 20's!
Believable..huh?!
If you wanna cherish great friendship,
happy, wacko times, being young and carefree
being really stupid sometimes,
and going through rough times with your friends behind you, helping you and backing you up..
watch it!!!
Plus..the soundtrack is amazing!! clapclap

Edited by alexann, 15 June 2010 - 04:27 AM.

#688 Trippy

Trippy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

I would recommend Nodame Cantabile,My Boss MY Hero and 1 Litre of Tears.

Nodame because the characters are all actually quite well done I think expecially the main 2. The drama series is very good and there's 2 specials but I didn't think they were as the series. Thankfully the new movies have made up for that ^____^

My Boss My Hero was just really funny XD, it's about a yakuza member going to school. Wasn't what I expected but the characters and story were very good and funny~~

1 Litre of Tears has a really good story and is partially true too. Don't normally watch this sort of thing but I thought this one was exceptional~~ Characters were ok too.

Also what does everyone think of Hana Yori Dango? I was told to watch it by someone but I'm a bit skeptical about it @___@

#689 ♥kurisutaru♥

♥kurisutaru♥

♥ 火+土♥

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4896 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

There's another drama I highly recommend, it's called JIN, it's a medical drama, but unlike the typical modern medical dramas out there, JIN is set in Japan's Edo period (1603 - 1868).

The story follows a brain surgeon named Minakata Jin, who has spent the last two years in anguish, as his fiancee lies in a vegetative state after an operation he performed. One day, he faints at the hospital and awakens to find himself transported back in time to the Edo period. He is soon attacked by a samurai, but he escapes with the help of a man named Kyotaro. Kyotaro suffers a serious injury to the head while trying to protect him, but Jin manages to save his life despite a lack of proper medical equipment. Because of that, Kyotaro's sister Saki begins taking an interest in Jin and becomes his assistant. Meanwhile, Jin is determined to find a way back to the present.

The story may sound a bit cheesy at first because of the whole time traveling thing, but it's really good, surprisingly it goes really well with the story. There's also a bit of humor in the series, but much of it is full of drama & suspense, the characters are interesting, the story is so different & unique with such depth, I finished the entire drama in just 1 day :D

highly recommended!

Edited by C♥KAT-TUN~Shun, 29 June 2010 - 08:42 AM.

#690 Lycoris Radiata

Lycoris Radiata

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

I recently finished Sunao ni Narenakute, "Hard to Say I Love You" and absolutely loved it! Its definitely one of the more serious dramas I've seen in a while, and it features Ueno Juri and Eita (from Last Friends, another rather serious drama =P). Basically it's about four young adults who meet after following each other on twitter. All at the beginning of their careers and facing their respective problems (such being bullied in their workplace, sexual issues, etc.)
Warning: the ending is rather bittersweet.

#691 Agicek

Agicek

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Ryusei no kizuna (Ties of shooting stars)! No excuses! There's everything in this drama: murder, romance, cooking skills, friendship, everything you would like to watch and ofcourse adorable Ninomiya Kazunari and Nishikido Ryo in the cast.

#692 Luhur.ohyeah

Luhur.ohyeah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

I have four jdrama recommendation .
1. RYUSEI NO KIZUNA
The best drama I've ever seen

2. STAND UP !!!
The funniest drama I've ever seen

3. JIN
Man! This one is really GREAT !

4. Hanazakari no Kimitachi E
YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LAUGH WHEN WATCH THIS XD

#693 atashijho

atashijho

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

I recommend to watch:
Yukan Club - about group of friends/students who always gets into trouble but always ends up solving it in their own cool, silly and funny ways.. I enjoyed every minute and episode of it.. :thumbsup
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - 4 guys trying to change a creepy, odd-looking girl into a beautiful, matured and elegant woman.. there's a romance in it too.. and all the guys are pretty hot! :iloveyou:
Gokusen 1 & 2 - (totally forgot the story of season 3 though I know the story of the three seasons are pretty similar with one another, the students from the 3 seasons differ in their own hotness and style :))
Hanazakarino Kimitachi e - definitely love the trio of Oguri Shun, Horikita Maki and Ikuta Toma.. you'll surely ask for more.. :thumbsup
One Litre of Tears - if you want to cry your heart out then watch this jdorama.. you'll really cry a litre of tears watching it..
Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2 - about the love story of highschoolers.. the main leads prove that love conquers all.. lol.. cheezy

#694 Night☾☼Day

Night☾☼Day

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

Ikebukuro West Gate Park

Zeni Geba (very dark)

Jotei

Liar Game (season 1 only)

Sexy Voice & Robo (episode 6 is epic & the other episode with cosplay moment :D )

#695 JerryElla

JerryElla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

My recommendations are:

Hana Yori Dango, My Boss My Hero, Pride, Hero, Hotaru no Hikari, Proposal Daisakusen, Long Vacation , A Million Falling Stars

#696 woaini

woaini

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Buzzer Beat fall in love with this drama recently. Love Yamapi here.

#697 CAKE_EATER

CAKE_EATER

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

these are my favorites:

Love shuffle-never ever thought that it will become one of the best dorama for me...story, plot and chemistry is good! matsuda shota is great, and all the cast of course! it just my first time to see shota in a drama acting!

Proposal Daisasuken- i just love it hahaha

Code Blue-yamapi!

Mr. brain

Bloody Monday

Liar Game

The quiz show

1 Liter of tears

God, Please give me one more time

#698 omera91

omera91

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hello!

I recommend watching:

1. Hana Yori Dango- my first JDrama, and i loved it....(Hanazawa Rui :wub:)

2. Hana kimi- loved the story and the comedy was the highlight of the drama..(& Oguri Shun)

3.Juui Dolittle - just finished watching this, and its not your average drama, teaches us about taking care and respecting animals (very touching drama) :D (& Oguri Shun as Dr. Sexy Pants)

4. Mei Chan no shitsuji- i mean what girl doesn't want a Gorgeous guy to wait on her hand and foot.. :D

5. Code Blue -since i'm a fan of ER

(as you can see i'm a little crazy about Oguri Shun)

Edited by omera91, 09 January 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#699 Stipetrov_Volzy

Stipetrov_Volzy

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:48 AM

1. Koishite Akuma , or Vampire Boy - It's not your usual Japanese drama that is extremely humorous -but there are bits of humor in it as well. Sad and touching love story, which tells of the forbidden love between a vampire and a human, as well as a student-teacher relationship ensues here.

Nakayama Yuma, the male lead, also Johnny Entertainment's idol, is super hot and handsome here:) He plays the cool, nonchalant but gentle at heart vampire really well. His expressions are well-portrayed.

Kato Rosa-looks like a Eurasian, she and Yuma make a good tandem, as they both have deep facial features. I believe the producer is trying to capture a larger international audience here..

Another selling point- can't forget the songs used in the drama. Absolutely amazing and heart-wrenching!!
got the soundtrack-every song is fantastic. Really can't miss the song. And the theme song, sung by Yuma's group, Nakayama Yuma with BI Shadow, also sounds good and Yuma's voice is good too.

If you like teenage forbidden romance cum school storylines, this drama is just for you.

#700 Tantra

Tantra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

I've seen buzzer beat get recommended quite a lot on here, is it actually worth watching? I've always been in debation about whether to invest my time in watching it or not, but I just don't know!

I've seen a lot of the dramas that have been mentioned in this thread though - although I do suggest

Samurai High School - because it's funny and haruma muira is a great lead :)

nobuta wo produce - very moving but funny at times - good concept!

yamato nadeshiko shichi henge - is very simular to nobuta wo produce and again has kame as the lead XD but is a very good and funny drama!

tokyo ghost trip - short but has a lot of action and differates from the average japanese drama :)

#701 bawero

bawero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

I know this drama is old but I highly recommend Mei-chan's Butler. lols, it's so nice :thumbsup

#702 Stipetrov_Volzy

Stipetrov_Volzy

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1689 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

I've seen buzzer beat get recommended quite a lot on here, is it actually worth watching? I've always been in debation about whether to invest my time in watching it or not, but I just don't know!

I've seen a lot of the dramas that have been mentioned in this thread though - although I do suggest

Samurai High School - because it's funny and haruma muira is a great lead :)

nobuta wo produce - very moving but funny at times - good concept!

yamato nadeshiko shichi henge - is very simular to nobuta wo produce and again has kame as the lead XD but is a very good and funny drama!

tokyo ghost trip - short but has a lot of action and differates from the average japanese drama :)

Buzzer Beat - well if you like romantic and sports drama, you might want to watch this. It's really romance-centred despite all the promotions about basketball, and the chemistry between Yamapi and Keiko is good..

#703 bawero

bawero

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:40 PM

Kaidan Restaurant live action movie!!! - Just finished watching this and it's really good!

#704 ptsh836

ptsh836

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

i wud like to recommend yamikin ushijima-kun.....starring yamada takayuki (whose last leading role was in 2006!) n actress katase nana who acted as a new recruit. u will see a totally different character undertaken by YT....he is super funny in his role as da boss of an illegal money lending business.....u will learn fr da drama lots of trade secrets on how they recover loans fr non-paying clients....its hilarious how things work out on a case to case basis....n da vry pretty katase nana provides eye candy as well as loads of laughter when she bumbles along learning da tricks of da trade. YT is cool with his sweet boyish face framed by large round harry porter style spectacles n sporting a goatee as well....his character is stern n he never smiles while he delivers some awesome martial movements when tackling stubborn clients!

another drama i have watched is nagareboshi starring takenouchi yutaka, ueto aya, matsuda shota n inagaki goro....dis drama is beautiful n romantic....at times vry sad too. ueto aya here is simply gorgeous n shows off her sexy legs in short pants throughout da drama.....inagaki goro stars as her useless brother who often gets into debts while his sis hv to bail him out all da time. one day she was tempted to enter into a contract with takenouchi yutaka by selling part of her liver to his ailing sis n to get da scheme going...both of them hv to pretend to be married first b4 she can donate her liver. da drama deals with da sensitive issue of organ donation n how slowly da two leads develop feelings for each other.

da third drama i recommend is yankee-kun to megane-chan starring naka riisa n narimiya hiroki. it tells da story (adapted fr manga) of bespectacled class rep who tries to correct da ways of a high school delinquent n make him change his ways for da better. naka riisa, herself a former delinquent gets into lots of action fighting off past enemies while defending our hero.....dis drama is quite interesting coz riisa is cool n pretty while narimiya hiroki is super handsome here!!

#705 ptsh836

ptsh836

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

to continue......i wud most definitely recommend basically all of takuya kimura's dramas.....ur rite....theyre so gud......:thumbsup

first, off da list has got to be luv generation opposite takako matsu....dis has got to be his classic best!! it had lots of laughs ovr da hero's ego problems n how da feisty heroine tamed him at last.....it got me addicted to jdrama fr da word go!!

next will hv to be hero, long vacation, pride, engine, gud luck, gift, million stars falling fr da sky, beautiful life till da most recent being mr brain!! anything with kimutaku is bound to be best sellers n u will never go wrong with him as da cool n handsome hero!

after having satiated urself with kimutaku's dramas.....u hv to feast on other titles like luv revolution starring esumi makiko n fujiki naohito (a must in da love n romance category!), da classic tokyo love story starring oda yuji n suzuki honami, da super triple trick series (a must for serious jdrama fans!!) with abe hiroshi n nakama yukie as leads...dis series is super interesting n funny too; every1 has got to see dis b4 u can call urselves jdrama addicts!! next up is da gokusen series (3 parts) if eye candy is wat ur after!! not forgetting hana yori dango.....n sure enuf after dis drama all da pretty boys began to climb da ladder to fame vry quickly!!

i mus also not forget to mention nobuta wo produce...dis is a brilliant pc of work n today u can see how famous kazuya kamenashi, maki horikita n tomohisa yamashita are!! simply superb drama!! also not forgetting nodame cantabile starring tamaki hiroshi n ueno juri.....da music is classic n its also funny!!

Edited by ptsh836, 14 May 2011 - 10:03 AM.

#706 1Mystic

1Mystic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

I would recommend "Jin" if you like dramas related to the medical field and it talks about how he went back through time and tries to find cure with limited technology.

#707 rugi

rugi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

i just love YAMATO NADESHIKO SHINCHI HENGE

#708 jermainee-

jermainee-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

I've watched quite a number and to be honest I wasn't really disappointed with any of those that I watched!

My top 3 would have to be Bloody Monday, Nodame Cantabile, Mr Brain.......

Nobuta wo Produce, Gokusen... Top 3's really too hard, actually.

Bloody Monday is #1 is thrill for me, and Mr Brain simply blows the mind.

#709 darc_angel

darc_angel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:00 AM

i'm watching some recent ones....i'm really enjoying "Kaseifu no Mita" because its quite different to what I had expected and some great acting from the casts.

#710 Yuling12

Yuling12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

My top 3 favorite Japanese dramas are:

#1. Nodame Cantable - A perfect mix of comedy and drama.

#2.Liar Game - An awesome battle of the wits show.

#3. Love Shuffle - It's a tad hard to explain, but check it out. Great acting all around.

#711 avanpiper

avanpiper

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

Recommended:

Nodame Cantabile - cuteness/hilarity overload plus great orchestra
1 Litre of Tears - prepare to cry lots
JIN 1 & 2
Soredemo Ikite Yuku - underrated drama but won lots of dramas
Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu
IS~ Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei - if you're looking for sth unique/different from the norm

I still have lots but for now, these are all I can remember.

#712 Mordor

Mordor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

I watch doramas way too much, it's hard to choose only three. However, I'd have to go with Last Cinderella, Rich man poor woman, and Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. I'm kinda creeped out by the fact my top 3 ends up being romance instead of fighting....

#713 snow_angel329

snow_angel329

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:36 AM

5 ji kara 9 ji made / From Five To Nine

Yamashita Tomohisa and Ishihara Satomi  :iloveyou:

f3B6uZU.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users