AF needs funding again

Photo

Crazy fan's father jumped to his death

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
284 replies to this topic

#1 Charlene Lau Cho Yee

Charlene Lau Cho Yee

❤ andy 4ever

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

IPB Image
IPB Image
Source :: Ta Kung Pao
Translated by AWCSG00155 in http://forum.awc618.com

Two days ago a tragedy occured, resulting in the death of a family member & bankruptcy as a result of chasing after an idol.

A female fan from Lanzhou, China named Yang Li Jian could finally had a photo taken with Andy on March 25, but her father Yang Qin Yu committed suicide by jumping into the sea at Tsim Sha Tsui the next morning. The incidence has caused much debates in the HK society.

This aged 30, Miss Yang comes from Gangsu Lanzhou, has since the age of 16 besotted with Andy Lau, she stopped school to chase after him. Her parents, had time & again advised her on the crazy behavior, but to no effect.

On seeing the girl in a daze everyday, they had from stopping to supporting her, they did not mind selling all they have, gathered enough money to let her go to
Hong Kong two times, Beijing 6 times, just to see Andy Lau.

Her father had even willingly wanting to see his kidnet just for her come to Hong Kong, it was widely reported last year on mainland newspapers.

The family borrowed a sum of 11,000 rmb from relatives this time, the three of them came to HK on Mar 19. On Mar 20, they went to Kwan Tung Andy World Club but did not see Andy. The 2nd day they again went to AWC, but still could not see him.

Finally under the arrangement of AWC staff, thet attended the birthday party on Mar 25. Yang could finally had a photo taken with Andy.

But Yang's father on seeing her daughter could only have a photo taken & was not able to have a good chat with Andy, in a rage, he went to the car park trying to intercept Andy's car, but was unsuccessful.

As they have only limited travel expenses, on Mar 25 night they stopped over one night in a hotel. When the mother & daughter woke up the next day, they discovered the father had disappeared, leaving only a letter behind.

HK police later managed to salvage the body of Yang's father from around Tsim Sha Tsui area, his final wish was unexpectedly for Andy to meet his daughter once.

After this incidence, Andy responded through his manager company that he is extremely shock at the demise of her father.

The HK media has carried out a widespread report to this matter. Some professionals criticized that the way Yang chase after idol has reached an trrational stage, it has become a 'morbid state'.

Ming Pao in the forum said this is abnormal pursue not only harming own self, it is disloyal to the family, the society should give guidance & condemn such infactuated behavior.

Edited by Charlene Lau Cho Yee, 28 March 2007 - 11:45 AM.

#2 hehehe

hehehe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

omg....such a incident also can be happen...
For those artist's fans, please don't do what she did to her idol.....
This is unbelievable.....

#3 Charlene Lau Cho Yee

Charlene Lau Cho Yee

❤ andy 4ever

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(hehehe @ Mar 28 2007 1 02 PM) [snapback]3687790[/snapback]

omg....such a incident also can be happen...
For those artist's fans, please don't do what she did to her idol.....
This is unbelievable.....

May be I am fan of him, but I don't stop the school...and I don't sell anything....
I buy Andy's item only, if my parents give me the money...
It's a real problem, evening I will upload the report of one chinese channel....
It's unbelievable.... :crying:
And I am very worry for Andy...He must be shocked by this.... :unsure:

#4 d0ggiel0ver

d0ggiel0ver

& it's lovee '♥

• Forum Crew
  • 4137 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

what a tragedy...i remember when i read last year an article, that her family has sold their house to finance her, i found it already unbelievable...this reminds me of the videoclip 'stan' of slim shady...never thought that it will happend in real life...

Edited by d0ggiel0ver, 28 March 2007 - 12:11 PM.

#5 Fairy

Fairy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

This is a little crazy...I've never actually heard about her extreme behavior until now! I wonder why the father killed himself? Was it because he was unable to help his daughter any further? Fans and idols she be careful from now on...

#6 Thuchen

Thuchen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

OMG, this is unbelievable! I don't know what to say, I mean ruining one's own future by chasing one's ideal, I can understand, well at least it's their own responsibility but destroying other lives by doing so is too much. Btw, which parents do such thing, my parents won't give a d*mn if I meet my idol or not, it would be my problem anyway.
How can something like this cause death, but I think as harsh as it sound the whole family must have got some serious problem to support that woman so much which even results into committing suicide, unbelievable, I really don't know what to say about or how to judge it.
Apart from that I think it's not fair what their fans do to their idol, I mean in this case, where even death occurs it must be a big shock for Andy, and I'm worried I mean somehow you do feel guilty when someone kills oneself because of you, right?!

#7 MikeyJai

MikeyJai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:53 PM

Back to those rude comments, yes she may be stupid and dumb, but if u think of it she was blinded by the idolism, it's the great feeeling/sensation when they are able to meet their idol. I'm not saying it's a good thing but in her state the only thing she had focus on was to meet him. Anything else didn't matter at all to her, that even included sacrificing anything she posessed just to see him.

#8 dreams29

dreams29

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

geeez..... crazy fan!! news like this is really upsetting. how this fan basically pushed her whole family to extremes. i can't believe the parents supported her too.... no matter how crazy she was about finding andy they should have stuck with not supporting her. why do people get so idol crazy? they aren't gods... so why do so many people worship them?!

#9 sparkles_n15

sparkles_n15

あゝ、荒野 2011.11.05

• News Crew
  • 1536 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:58 PM

This is really scary. Not even from the family's point of view, but from Andy's point of view. Like, what is he expected to do now? Give into meeting with this crazy fan and condone such behaviour?

#10 crazy222frog

crazy222frog

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(mich0_0 @ Mar 28 2007 12 28 PM) [snapback]3687843[/snapback]

wow that's extreme... she prob has some psychological problems seriously.

i agree. that's not rational behaviour anymore, to abandon your normal life just to chase your idol. i hope people like this will seek psychological help next time... i feel so bad for the father. he even sold a kidney! (did he? that line was rather difficult to read...) that's WAY too extreme.

RIP old man...

and i hope that woman will stop her obsession now.

#11 Ling Hue Tang

Ling Hue Tang

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

omg...........woah.........it was so shocking to read that article........

i cant believe someone would go so far to see their idol...........n her dad's dying wishes was only for her (his daughter) to b able to meet with andy again! :shocked:

#12 Louiemartini

Louiemartini

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:01 PM

wow thats incredibly sad news, I hope her father RIP and that maybe this will allow her to see there are more worthwhile things to devote your whole life to!

Very worrying to think that someone can worship their idol so much - once it starts interferring with your life, its no longer healthy, and I'm sure Andy and all other artists dont want their fans to be like this?

#13 chicalvin

chicalvin

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:01 PM

Being obsessed like that is crazy..
but her parents should have looked for help instead of giving up and support her with her obsession...

crazy people in the world...

#14 snow_child

snow_child

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

this is so crazy - and to think her parents indulge her passion to such an extreme extent!!! not really sure who to blame her, this superfan or her equally crazy parents!!!

if they had taught her better @ 16 perhaps her admiration would not have turned to this obsession!!!

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

what a stupid selfish ungreatful twat! shame on her and shame on her family for letting her get too far in her infatuation. they should have abandoned her to earn her own money....

her father so didn't deserve this...a lot of people are probably hating on her right now. i hope she lives with the damned guilt that she killed her own father!

#16 LovaDevil

LovaDevil

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

Andy Lau must be in a pretty trapped state now. Seeing her would might only add to her obsession but it's pretty hard to ignore someone's dying wish =\ But in the end I think he'll see her and he'll chat with her.

#17 *AsianStar*

*AsianStar*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

wow, this kinda puts things into perspective. My friends always tease me in a jokingly way about wanting to meet idols and what not but I would have never gone that far! I'm not sure whether to be upset with this fan, or to feel sorry for her. i'm just shocked... :shocked:

#18 crystal_gurl2003

crystal_gurl2003

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

OMG, this is a tragedy. I feel so sorry for the girl's dad. The girl's behaviour of chasing after her idol definitely went over board. She probably feel really bad right now for what she has caused.

#19 leah_8

leah_8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:40 PM

yeah i also believe that she really needs psychological help, it's a very alarming news and not to be just neglected... i feel sorry for the father cause he sacrifice a lot of things... we cannot judge him in supporting her daughter, remember in extreme situation parents will do anything for their children, just to show their unconditional love to us... and another thing, we doesn't know the whole story/situation of that family...

#20 richie

richie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

this is really crazy....this fan really went ova the line from fan and idol....i agree wit most ppl here that she may have a psychological problems...she look crazy on the second photo...someone needs to get some help for her

#21 LoveAsian

LoveAsian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

This woman is a perfect example of how extreme we can become when we are too OBSESSIVE with our idol worshipping. Has her family thought of bringing her to see a psychologist?
It's a real human tragic event. Is this what we call love is blind that the family just continue to pamper her idol worshipping for all this years without thinking of the consequences of their actions. It's difficult to understand how this thing could happened. It must be sad for Andy that this thing happened to him. Hope he will come out and talk some senses to this obsessive fan.

#22 babydream7

babydream7

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:18 PM

OMG how sad! This is sooo shocking to see someone give up their life for a entertainer! And that is crazy how the parents went along with it and supported her obsession! Unbelievable and crazy!

#23 ~Sw33tz~

~Sw33tz~

♥ing Jaejae

• Forum Masters
  • 5157 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

wtf?? i think dat woman is psychologically unstable.. .and from looking at her picture she does seem like someone like dat....

srsly.. i love my idols and i would love to chase after them, but iw ill not put anything on hold for them.... like my education or family....i mean... idols are idols... they ain't gonna be wat u will depend on for the rest of your life.... for me, an autograph session or a concert is probably enough....

but srsly........ so many years... dat girl is crayz. and sorri, so is the family. try and STOP that form happening rather than support it.... crazy parents to an extent... my parents would faint if they know iw atned to fly to a place to see... Fahrenehti... if i did, once and failed, i probably wun go twic.e..

her s like an addiction.. like gambling.. although u didn't get it this time, you will always think u will someday.... crayz.. mental hospital not booke dou rite? send her in man..

RIP to the father....

#24 kitkatz23

kitkatz23

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

People like that should be in a mental rehab. Geez, they'd probably be willing to commit murder just to be with their idol.

#25 cameron12

cameron12

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(MikeyJai @ Mar 28 2007 6 53 AM) [snapback]3687897[/snapback]

Back to those rude comments, yes she may be stupid and dumb, but if u think of it she was blinded by the idolism, it's the great feeeling/sensation when they are able to meet their idol. I'm not saying it's a good thing but in her state the only thing she had focus on was to meet him. Anything else didn't matter at all to her, that even included sacrificing anything she posessed just to see him.

Yeah she is not stupid or dumb just too eager and thats not good. I feel bad for the family that they sold everything just so she could see her idol and I wished Andy couldve talked to her more instead of taking a picture but he is busy. That is why I never put people on a pedestal, they are humans and i think sometimes people forget that thinking they are GODS when they are not, the same fate that awaits you and i also awaits them and its called DEATH. If people would understand that life would be okay.

QUOTE(dreams29 @ Mar 28 2007 6 55 AM) [snapback]3687910[/snapback]

geeez..... crazy fan!! news like this is really upsetting. how this fan basically pushed her whole family to extremes. i can't believe the parents supported her too.... no matter how crazy she was about finding andy they should have stuck with not supporting her. why do people get so idol crazy? they aren't gods... so why do so many people worship them?!

Good question I never understood that myself and then some get angry when their idols are not who they anticipate them being. Some can be rude and nasty and I am like yeah surely you didnt think they were that nice especially on screen.

#26 Joy2004

Joy2004

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1276 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:47 PM

wow thats really freaky. I think the girl has gone over the state of being a fan. I love to star chase my idols, but to a certain point, I would aim to stop all school and sell things, and scary how her family went along with it...

#27 Aspire

Aspire

Sweet and Spicy

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7568 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

Wow!!! Why did this ever happen? Why did her parents support her so much until this happen? And this fan? Gosh... she should have been more sensible and rational... meeting her idol is already enough and what more did she want? she went too overboard... someone!!! grab her back!!!

i wonder what will Andy Lau think about this... this is just too tragic!!

#28 marshmallow

marshmallow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

A bit ridiculous if you ask me. Which parents in their right mind would risk bankruptcy just so their daughter can go try and see Andy Lau. Instead of making or forcing her to see sense they only encourage her by paying for her trips to his concerts.

Stupidity if you ask me.

#29 woanlan

woanlan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

Extreme... I am crazy about leehom too, but not until that stage. i guess we need to have some limit to whatever we do and also to think rationally

#30 Gojita

Gojita

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

that is so sad! I mean does the daughter knows what she is doing to her family? holy..she is very selfish. Her family needs to have more discipline! They waited way too long to give her a smack in the head!

#31 onepiece1

onepiece1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:17 PM

morbid is certainly the right word to describe this craze

not only is the 30 year old adult female fan totally a lunatic, but her parents are not that sane either for condoning their daughter's actions, even borrowed the money and took the trip with her

i wonder how the daugher feels right now... sad and guilty for causing all this demise, or happy for another chance to see Andy

#32 Seoshi.love.

Seoshi.love.

freaky freaky boom track

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3266 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

This isn't just obsession, nor is it rational. The woman is really insane but instead of helping her the family should've ignored her requests!

#33 piepie

piepie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

OMG The girl really needs help. How can she do this to her own family. She's crazy. I dont understand why the parents let her. And she is 30? She act like a child. No responsibilities at all/.

#34 GC.

GC.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

so sad and :( she doesn't know what shes doing to the family... being a loyal fan is a good thing but thats too much... i'm a loyal fan as well but i don't stop going to school or anything like that... hope something like this won't happen again...

#35 fatty2

fatty2

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6630 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

this must be the same girl that was reported quite sometime back, abt her obsession with Andy until her parents spend all their savings on her numerous trips to see Andy. & her father even planning to sell one of his kidney to finance another of her trip to see Andy in concert. & i remember very clearly, seeing in a e-news clip, how shocked & angry Andy was when he heard the news. he scolded the girl as unfilial. & said he prefer not to have such a fan.

i wonder how is this girl going to face her mother, she's the indirect cause that her mother is now a widow. plus they are now without a house & no money. i hope she will now wake up from her obsession. surely she dont expect now that her father is dead, her aged mother to continue to support her financially??? its abt time that she starts taking care of her mother, the only parent she has left.

#36 Armanibabe

Armanibabe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:34 PM

Wow, unbelieveble, and this fan is 30 years old? Kinda stupid huh?! If this happens to me, I don't know if I will forgive my daughter for being like that. Probably her father suicides, because he realise that he's not able to pay their family the money back........and there's no future for themself anymore. Losing face can be a reason too. I don't know, but it's kinda weird.

#37 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(onepiece1 @ Mar 28 2007 11 17 AM) [snapback]3688431[/snapback]

i wonder how the daugher feels right now... sad and guilty for causing all this demise, or happy for another chance to see Andy

i dont even think it registered in her empty skull yet that her dad died for her freaking sake. she is probably all googly eyes looking at the picture she got with andy.

i sure hope that andy said that about her! freaking disgrace! there is a certain line you step over and on when you go do these things. if your going to hunt for your favorite stars, then you should use your own work and effort to do so!

#38 bbqsun1110

bbqsun1110

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

omg, she's crazy. it's also her parents fault for letting her do all this. if she's so crazy, her parents shouldn't even give her 1 cent to do anything.

#39 -jinnie-

-jinnie-

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

:shocked: she really is quite crazy....i really sympathise to her family..i hope her dad RIP...and i think she should wake up to reality...Andy seems a bit shocked for words in the picture

#40 angel2

angel2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

What a sad and shocking news! :loool: :loool: For me, I'm satisfied to be able to meet my fav. actress once, that's enough. I think now she should have awaken and stopped her crazy moves.