AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Seventh Grade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

#1 crunchster

crunchster

-Retired Forum Senior-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5494 posts

Posted 24 September 2004 - 12:19 AM

SEVENTH GRADE

Posted Image

Cast:
Ariel Lin Yi Chen as Wu Ya Li
Kelly Lin as Jing
Lai Zhi Wei as Xie Wei Chang
Michelle Lin Li Wen as Mei
Mike He Jun Xiang as Xu Liu
Sa Sa Zhong Xin Yu as Duan Yi Shuen
Zhang Rui Jia
Zhang Jia Shen

Cast Photo:
郝靜
Posted Image

吳雅莉
Posted Image

郝美
Posted Image

邵奎
Posted Image

徐珮琪
Posted Image

許流杉
Posted Image

謝偉翔
Posted Image

安佑乾
Posted Image

李子威
Posted Image

段怡萱
Posted Image

WHOLE CAST:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Number of Ep: 22

Short Summary:
Jing Wen cheerleaders is one of the top 3 national high school cheerleading team. A month before the competition, the coach resigned due to the arrogant behaviors from the students. Liu Ming Lin, teacher of Physical Education,was hired to replaced the previous coach. However,the arrogant cheerleading teams relied on favors and refused to accept the instruction from Liu. As a result, they eventually lost out from top three spots.

Meanwhile, in the gymnasium, Principal Jin who was full of energy, danced along with the music. He was extremely impressed with Hao Jing's way of teaching dancing; calm and very patient. After he found out that she was the oldest daughter of his good friend, an idea came to him. He asked Hao Jing to join the cheerleading team as a coach. However, she refused his kind offer. Principal Jin still did not give up. He went to look for Hao Jing's father to help him persuade her.

Wu Ya Li (Ariel), the captain of the cheerleading team and Duan Yi Xuan has decided inorder to recuit new members, they open a draw to choose five special members. On her way, she bumped into someone who pickpocket. The elegant Li severe words caused such a hateful resentment upon the youth. He placed the stolen good on Yi Xuan. Later on when they were paying, Hao Jing was the one that discovered the stolen good is with Yi Xuan. She kindly advise them to come forth and admit their mistakes. Ya Li in surprised, thought Hao Jing was the one trying to fame them which resulting in a conflict between the two.

Review:
The show basically touches on issues our generation of kids face in high school like sexuality: gay/lesbian, the harmful effects of rumours, monetary problems, gangs etc. It's directed by, director DJ Chen. “Seventh Grade” is a Taiwanese nick-name referring to directors born in the 1980s, the seventh decade after the founding of the Chinese republic in 1911.

However, it touches on these issues lightly and seems to give a sense of homophobia. At any rate, the show is a hodgepodge of stereotypes trying to represent present day high school students. While the acting of the older actors are convincing enough, the younger actors in the supporting class have a lot to work on. Only Ariel Lin seemed to shine in her lead character as Yeah Li, but for some reason her character "leaves to America" half way through the series and never comes back, perhaps Ms. Lin realized there were better shows out there to be in or had conflicting ideas with the director, either way, it's a pity her character leaves. Ms. Lin does a great job portraying head strong girls. Kelly Lin plays the head cheerleading coach and while she's pretty, her acting needs a little working on. However, as a whole, the entire cast worked well and judging from the behind the scenes clips it seemed like they had a lot of fun filming this series. It's a pretty short series and the ending makes the audience feel gypped. Mike He is also in this drama although his character is a supporting minor character, he now is a generation idol, but this show is his humble beginning.

However, the one actor that stood out in my mind, 顧瀚昀, plays the "romantic lead" to Ariel Lin's character. His character is called Li Zi Wei - 李子威, shaven head, earring wearing, gangsta looking kid, but is a budding star, and does well in this series. If only he were in more series, because he and Ariel made this series watchable. It's really cute how he "waits" for her to come back. So sweet.

All in all, the movie's acting and script is a 2 out of 5, but I rate the directing 4 out of 5, hence overall, the movie was a 3 out of 5 movie experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have anyone seen this serie? look like most of the cast from love contract. I hopeHe Jun Xiang and Ariel Lin Yi Chen will pair up again in this serie, cus the ending of love contract was suck.

--girly

#2 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 07:42 PM

Was this series produced by Settv ? I think it's not new series (it was shot before Love Contract)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it was an older series released long time before love contract! i've beentrying to find it too! they don't sell it in stores here..iremember it came out around almost 2 years ago and at the time i didnt' have my new computer yet so didn't have enough hard drive space to d/l it..but now i really regret it because the cast in it are all actors and actresses i reall ylike! =(

#3 xlilangel713x

xlilangel713x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

i just finished love contract and i LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE he jun xiang but cant really find much info on him. he's new or something right? didnt know he was in any other series as a main character.....what is seventh grade about?

#4 linfaye

linfaye

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:53 AM

Well , I don't think He Jun Xiang play the lead man in this series. ( but he got attention from girls u know what I mean right ? ) Just that right now he becomes famous from Love Contract then fans start to find out his past work. At least this drama made him to be noticed. I'd love to see this too if i managed to find it.

#5 girly

girly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:44 PM

so he's not the main in 7th grade? Oh that bad cus I really like to see him with yariel lin yi again, cus they didnt end up together in love contract. I tried to post some pick of this serie but I cant. Can anyone tell me how to post it?

#6 debfu42

debfu42

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:59 AM

has anyone watch this series yet ? I really want 2 c it, does any1 noe where i could download it ?  What is da series about, because it's sound interesting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm watching it right now! But it's because I got it off of clubvcd.com - you have to pay membership, but it gives access to some obscure series :) It's a bit more juvenile than Love Contract, but it's ok. Mike He's not the lead, but he has a couple of good scenes - even one with Ariel. But I don't think they get together in the end :(

PS - someone with photos/info on He Jun Xiang PLEASE start a topic in the Taiwanese Male Artist section!!

Edited by debfu42, 11 October 2004 - 06:59 AM.

#7 girly

girly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:12 PM

I dont think this is a good serie. it was so boring. I rent it cus of arial and mike. Im up to eps 10........so bored........................so I dont think I will continue watching it or not.

#8 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:56 AM

reallY? how is it boring girly? the info i've seen of it makes it look so good!

#9 girly

girly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:07 AM

well.....the story was too drag.............. it wasnt as good as love contract.. so I dont recomended u to watch it. if u want to try couple eps it fine. U will see how boring it was.

#10 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:39 AM

ooh i see..thanks for telling me! =) I might still check it out just because it has mostly the same cast as Love Contract..it'd be interesting to see the improvement in their acting..and also because I'm a big Ariel fan

#11 debfu42

debfu42

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:06 AM

hehe - i don't think it's so much an improvement on acting so much as plot/script. i got the feeling that halfway through, the main actors realized it wasn't such a good deal, so they left and the writers had to create a whole bunch of subplots. the ending was such a cop out!

#12 girly

girly

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:46 PM

I Think this serie came out like a year before love contract. and I dont see any relationship between Arial and Mike and the main guy who pair up with Arial wasnt that looking eirther...... if u a big fan of Arial u should try true love 18 with elis ( he cute ) I heard it was good but I havent seen it yet.

#13 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:40 AM

oooh ariel ended up with that main guy? i remember checking out the website and it said she liked him..but didn't he liked someone else

#14 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:02 PM

haha i'm talking about seventh grade i've watched love contract already and am curious about how seventh grade ends

#15 funnysinister

funnysinister

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

Thanks y'all for telling, because i wanted 2 c it so badly, but now from wut u said. I don't reallie care much anymore.

#16 joey168

joey168

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:56 AM

I know the series is like 2 years old but did anyone watch it? I don't watch a lot of taiwanese dramas, but can anyone tell me who the actors and actresses were.

THANKS!

it had something to do with cheerleading...

#17 man13dy

man13dy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

I haven't watched it, but are you referring to the series called "七年級生?"

It starred Kelly LIn (林熙蕾), Lam Yi Shen (林依晨), Lin Shao Kui (林紹奎), He Jun Xiang (賀軍翔), Lai Zhi Wei (賴智煒), and Wang Xiao Hai (王曉海).

On sale at Yesasia.com:

http://us.yesasia.co...section-videos/

#18 riches87

riches87

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:52 AM

I know this serie even thought I didn't watch but I know who act in here. I would also like to watch this but I don't know where to get this or where to download? I want to watch this because He Jun Xiang is in here, I like his acting and he really hot.

#19 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:56 AM

Oh I have been wanting to watch this series! It's the only series of Ariel's that I haven't watched..for some reason I can't seem to find it in any local stores or at any forums online

Thanks for giving a yesasia link!

Edited by reflections, 22 September 2005 - 08:57 AM.

#20 man13dy

man13dy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:32 PM

Sure, np. I actually remember seeing a bt link for this series a couple months back. But it's not there anymore. Anyway, I'm sure someone will post it up again. Just have to keep an eye out for it.

#21 ^AnGeLRiNa^

^AnGeLRiNa^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:51 AM

ohhh, i watched it b4... ya, its sumthing bout cheerleaders.... all i noe is tat He Jun Xiang acted in tat series, he is so so hot man.... well, obviously, he is model ler.....not sure bout the names of other actors tho~ hehe

#22 aznsweetgrl04

aznsweetgrl04

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:26 AM

huh? mike he is in passion forest?? i didnt kno that. hahaz tat goes to show how much i pay attention! hahaz well if he is i think im gonna go look it up! hahaz/

#23 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:32 AM

Go to the link I have above for Passion Forest...they have an active bitorrent for this drama right now.

I finished downloading the drama over the weekend and watched it all in one day! I really liked the first 14 episodes because they contained Ariel...but the ones after that didn't interest me as mcuh.

I think the storyline about Ya Li and Zi Wei is so cute! I wish we got to see them get together! After watching this drama I am obsessed with Sun Yan Zi's song 'bu neng he ni yi qi' (can't be with you) that they always play when it has to do with the love relationships of the characters! I just keep listening to it over and over again!

This show was definitely worth the wait! I think i liked it better then The Deal is 18 Years Old (shi ba sui de yue ding)

Thanks again for the link!

Edited by reflections, 04 October 2005 - 09:33 AM.

#24 sweetcandeeh

sweetcandeeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

hey, im watching it now on tvbs, its up to where lee zi wei tells ya li he likes her, is it good?? is it worth watchin til the end and plus does anyone know where i can listen or download the beginning song and ending songs?? please i am kind of desperate

#25 candylover

candylover

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:28 PM

The3 actors in these shows look pretty old. Seveth grade nice name. I bet its going to be like good.

#26 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:27 AM

hey, im watching it now on tvbs, its up to where lee zi wei tells ya li he likes her, is it good?? is it worth watchin til the end and plus does anyone know where i can listen or download the beginning song and ending songs?? please i am kind of desperate

personally, i only liked the show up to the middle half..when it talks about her and lee zi wei..hehe i only enjoyed this show for the ariel components! but overall it wasn't too bad...

#27 sha-r0nn

sha-r0nn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:24 AM

i only watch abit...on tvbs too, but started only a few daes ago.
luv ya li & zi wei together...
im watching til ya li met wif an accident & need to go overseas.
zi wei became e captain...
so sweet when ya li bit zi wei's hand.

I really liked the first 14 episodes because they contained Ariel...but the ones after that didn't interest me as mcuh.

I think the storyline about Ya Li and Zi Wei is so cute!  I wish we got to see them get together!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ariel's not in aft 14 ep.??
ya li & zi wei are not together??

#28 sweetcandeeh

sweetcandeeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:58 PM

im now up to where ya li leaves for america, buh is she really not in the last eppos.?? ...wahh

jordan is kinda cute.. any1 know his name??

#29 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:32 AM

im now up to where ya li leaves for america, buh is she really not in the last eppos.?? ...wahh

jordan is kinda cute.. any1 know his name??

nope..they mention going to bring her back from the states and thats it

i think jordan is cute too! too bad ya li didn't like him lol...

ooops i keep forgetting to sign in..that was me

#30 sweetcandeeh

sweetcandeeh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:10 AM

anyone know about any websites or pictures of 7grade?does 7th grade have a official site??

#31 pinkiez_me

pinkiez_me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

I just finished watching this series.. At first, I don't like Ya Li's attitude.. But when she left for America, the series became a bit boring.. How come she did not appear until end of the series ar?

#32 reflections

reflections

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:26 AM

i'm not sure if this drama is still around for d/l since its so old...

i finally ended up watching it and if i weren't an Ariel fan i probably wouldn't have finished it...

its not bad but the main guys weren't very captivating

#33 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:17 AM

Is this a SETTV production series?

Anyone who have pictures from the said series?

#34 #Chili Stock Market#

#Chili Stock Market#

Chocolate Addict

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:01 AM

I watched this series some time ago...but its pretty gud! Ariel was really gud at playing her 'attitude' in that series...Too bad she didn't come bak to the series after that 'accident' in the series...it would've been better!

#35 #Chili Stock Market#

#Chili Stock Market#

Chocolate Addict

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:40 AM

Yea i agree, Ya Li played a quite important role in this series..it was a pity she didn't come back...Ling Zi Wei was pretty gud as a bf for Yali...they make such a gud couple..but i guess the funniest couple is her friend and Wei Xiang...i still remember the fake date to trick Jordan, it was hilarious.

#36 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:55 PM

well.....the story was too drag.............. it wasnt as good as love contract.. so I dont recomended u to watch it. if u want to try couple eps it fine. U will see how boring it was.

:shock Actually it's nt bad...I seen it n felt it's very youngster....but Ariel n Mike weren't so nice-lookin there for ppl who don't wan to ruin the image of their idol do nt watch... :dance :lmao:

#37 fobster #1

fobster #1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 10:47 AM

hopefully someone can upload it to youtube. mike looks soo young and adorable in this drama. ariel begins to shine around this time i think

#38 vera26

vera26

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

here's my review for the show:

Posted Image

The show basically touches on issues our generation of kids face in high school like sexuality: gay/lesbian, the harmful effects of rumours, monetary problems, gangs etc. It's directed by, director DJ Chen. “Seventh Grade” is a Taiwanese nick-name referring to directors born in the 1980s, the seventh decade after the founding of the Chinese republic in 1911.

However, it touches on these issues lightly and seems to give a sense of homophobia. At any rate, the show is a hodgepodge of stereotypes trying to represent present day high school students. While the acting of the older actors are convincing enough, the younger actors in the supporting class have a lot to work on. Only Ariel Lin seemed to shine in her lead character as Yeah Li, but for some reason her character "leaves to America" half way through the series and never comes back, perhaps Ms. Lin realized there were better shows out there to be in or had conflicting ideas with the director, either way, it's a pity her character leaves. Ms. Lin does a great job portraying head strong girls. Kelly Lin plays the head cheerleading coach and while she's pretty, her acting needs a little working on. However, as a whole, the entire cast worked well and judging from the behind the scenes clips it seemed like they had a lot of fun filming this series. It's a pretty short series and the ending makes the audience feel gypped. Mike He is also in this drama although his character is a supporting minor character, he now is a generation idol, but this show is his humble beginning.

However, the one actor that stood out in my mind, 顧瀚昀, plays the "romantic lead" to Ariel Lin's character. His character is called Li Zi Wei - 李子威, shaven head, earring wearing, gangsta looking kid, but is a budding star, and does well in this series. If only he were in more series, because he and Ariel made this series watchable. It's really cute how he "waits" for her to come back. So sweet.

All in all, the movie's acting and script is a 2 out of 5, but I rate the directing 4 out of 5, hence overall, the movie was a 3 out of 5 movie experience.

#39 A I R I

A I R I

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:47 AM

Ah~~ I saw this Serie and no Mike and Ariel don't get paired up in this series..well, actually i'm not sure cause I didn't watch much of it.~ 'Seventh Grade' is about some students who joins a both girls & boys cheerleading.

Edited by A I R I, 04 March 2006 - 05:53 AM.

#40 xiao mimi

xiao mimi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 04:54 AM

I'm loving Ariel in Seventh Grade. It's unlike most of her series, where she's more of a tomboy look. In this series, she's very pretty (I especially like her eyes.)

does anyone have the torrent for this seventh grade? I noticed I was missing an episode. Could anyone be kind enough to post the link to it here?

I'll be glad to upload this series for anyone who wants to watch it, but I could only send it to you by email or pm. let me know through pm.