AF needs funding again

- - - - -

I have herpes simplex type 1!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:49 PM

Ok here's my story.....
I've met this one guy and dated him, first date were already french kissed, after about two weeks, i notice my lip started to get this little red dot(not like a bump but red teeny tiny dot). Then i went to the doctor and he told me it could be herpes, so he refers me to take the blood test. Yesterday, i got a call from the doctor and told me that i have herpes simplex type 1. I was soo sad to hear that i have these kind of virus, and the reason probably i got from my bf and he didn't know that he has it. Does anyone knows if you could die from this virus or anything to get rid of it.?? can you also get HIV from herpes?? i've never have sex with anyone before, so im still a virgin. He's the first person i ever kissed. Now, im so scared that i can't kiss him anymore, i mean, i love him alot and he too. Do anyone of you has this kind of herpes or know anyone has it?? i don't want to be alone, im sooo sad. I don't know what to do, help me please, now im afraid that herpes can lead to HIV. I also took the HIV test but still pending. I'm hoping nothing will happens to me or else i would be in stressed for the rest of my life :(.

Any help is really appreciated, thanx for reading.

#2 udontlie

udontlie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

90% of people have some type of herpes

if u have blisters or sores inside ur mouth, then u might have some kind of herpes

those kind are not deadly

its just cold sores

but not sure what u got

#3 Seiyagy

Seiyagy

Wwaaahhh!!

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1411 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

It probably due a virus, so that means that the guy you kissed is infected. The symptomes starts with a feeling of malaise and your lymph glands stir up a bit. Then you can get a sore throat, headache, fever and mouth infection. In the worst case your liever and milt can extend. This virus can be go to one or another through mucous membranes, so also through mouth mucous membranes. That's why this is also called the "kissing desease".

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:15 PM

Ok here's my story.....
I've met this one guy and dated him, first date were already french kissed, after about two weeks, i notice my lip started to get this little red dot(not like a bump but red teeny tiny dot). Then i went to the doctor and he told me it could be herpes, so he refers me to take the blood test. Yesterday, i got a call from the doctor and told me that i have herpes simplex type 1. I was soo sad to hear that i have these kind of virus, and the reason probably i got from my bf and he didn't know that he has it. Does anyone knows if you could die from this virus or anything to get rid of it.?? can you also get HIV from herpes?? i've never have sex with anyone before, so im still a virgin. He's the first person i ever kissed. Now, im so scared that i can't kiss him anymore, i mean, i love him alot and he too. Do anyone of you has this kind of herpes or know anyone has it?? i don't want to be alone, im sooo sad. I don't know what to do, help me please, now im afraid that herpes can lead to HIV. I also took the HIV test but still pending. I'm hoping nothing will happens to me or else i would be in stressed for the rest of my life :(.

Any help is really appreciated, thanx for reading.

I know for a fact you won't contract HIV from herpes especially if you're still a virgin. They're both very different viruses. HIV can only be contracted through bodily fluids, namely blood and semen. However, I suggest you be cautious and avoid engaging in anything sexual activity with your current bf, I'de talk to him about it first and ask him to get tested. Chances are, if you contracted herpes from him, he may have other STDs you are not aware of yet. Herpes type 1 is not life threatening. If you want more information on this here's a link you can look at.

http://www.skinsite....pes_simplex.htm

I would also go back to the doctor and ask him for more guidence as to what you can do to treat it.

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

The herpes simplex virus (HSV) (also known as cold sore, night fever, or fever blister) is a virus that manifests itself in two common viral infections, each marked by painful, watery blisters in the skin or mucous membranes (such as the mouth or lips) or on the genitals. The disease is contagious, particularly during an outbreak, and is incurable with present technology. An infection on the lips is commonly known as a "cold sore" or "fever blister". These are sometimes confused with canker sores or aphthous ulcers, which have a similar appearance; these appear inside the mouth and are not caused by the herpes simplex virus. When not symptomatic HSV lies dormant in the bodies of the nerve cells, growing up the axons to the skin during an outbreak. When the outbreak passed, the virus 'dies back' along the nerve until it is only present in the nerve body.[1] The dormancy of the virus within the nerve bodies contributes to the difficulty of treatment

Transmission

HSV is generally transmitted by direct contact of lips and/or genitals when the sores are present, or just before they appear (known as shedding). In addition, herpes may be transmitted during childbirth, which can be fatal to the infant. The immature immune system of the child is unable to defend against the virus and even if treated, infection can result in brain damage. Transmission occurs while passing through the birth canal and the risk of infection is minimal if there are no symptoms or exposed blisters during delivery. The first outbreak after exposure to HSV is commonly more severe than future outbreaks, as the body has not had a chance to produce antibodies; this first outbreak also carries the risk of developing meningitis.

Outbreaks are generally preceded by sensations of burning, itching or tingling before visible blistering occurs. Subclinical shedding can also occur at any time, resulting in transmission without symptoms.

Treatment

There is currently no cure or vaccine for HSV. Treatment is restricted to anti-viral medication (aciclovir), which reduces the duration of symptoms and accelerates healing. Treatment should begin at the first symptoms of an outbreak for best results as far as duration and healing; should treatment begin before the lesions appear, it is possible that the outbreak can be averted.

Another option is the use of daily suppressive therapy, in which antivirals are taken every day over the course of years. Suppressive therapy reduces frequency of symptoms and recurrence of outbreaks. In addition, suppresive therapy reduces subclinical shedding, lowering the risk of transmission through sexual contact or kissing.

The amino acid lysine has demonstrated the ability to reduce the duration of infection through inhibiting the replication of the HSV. When foods high in lysine are consumed in preference to foods high in arginine, HSV replication may be inhibited; conversely, consuming foods high in arginine may interfere with the therapeutic use of lysine.

taken from wiki o.O

eventually people do get it. im not sure myself if i got it or not since at times its dormant, but treat it like a cold sore, it will eventually go away but stay dormant in your body.

im pretty sure i dont have it since i dont kiss random guys :D only my boyfriend and he is clean <3
i agree with the guest, its highly unlikely you can get hiv from that. so you should be alright.

Edited by MadHatter, 16 October 2006 - 11:14 PM.

#6 tinystar

tinystar

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

also it can occur to genital area,virus can cause infection of the brain if your immune system is weak i guess you should eat more healthy foods and exercise..keeping yourself fit and healthy..maybe your bf kiss some dirty prositutes once lol no offence..its your bf fault..i guess it isn't his first french kiss since he has the virus first.

#7 Chica

Chica

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

Don't worry, your not the only one has it! herpes is very common nowadays, some ppl might has it but doesn't know. Here's what i found on the site:

"How many people have herpes?

Between 50 and 80 percent of American adults have HSV-1. And about 25 percent of American adults have HSV-2. Millions of people do not know they have herpes because they never had, or noticed, the symptoms."

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/sexual-health/std/herpes.htm (for more info. go here)

Herpes can be contagious but not deadly. Its unlikely that you can get HIV from herpes, i don't think there's a chance, but who knows, if your unlucky. :) But don't bother much about it, herpes simplex virus type 1 is very common and its not a big deal, for some might be painful while others has no symptoms at all. I heard that even scientist has no idea where it came from and how it occur, it might be from kissing or touching or it just happens with no reason. Its kinda like a flu or other sickness. If your planning to have sex with your partner, the best thing is ask him to take the HIV test or others STD test, so you don't have to worry. Just like others post here, hiv can only spread through blood infusion or body fluid, and there's no way you can get contact by saliva unless there's a cut in yours or your bf mouth. But best thing is talk to your doctor about it. I know things like this happens everyday, not just only you, but its good that you have tested. Good Luck!

#8 karinchoong

karinchoong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:32 PM

I think the best is to seek guidance from a doctor, because only the doctor can provide you with the most correct advice as to how to treat it.

#9 Lolue

Lolue

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:52 AM

Herpes is not a life threatening virus. Besides it looks like you have the lesser of the more serious types of Herpes. Just go to your boyfriend and have a talk with him and have him get a checkup for diseases. Afterwords, take it from there based on your judgement.

#10 ajii

ajii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:57 PM

Many people have herpes and don't even realize it. It could be nothing more than a annoyance. Most people that have the HSV-1, it is usually a mild outbreak in the lips, face, or genital area. I read somewhere that as you get older and your body maybe develop immunity, that you have less outbreaks. Its really nothing to be too alarmed about as its pretty common.

In terms of catching HIV, there is really no chance of that unless your partner is infect and you exchange some type of bodily fluid. The thing you should really be concerned about is if your partner might have something else that he doesn't know about. Have him get checked out as well to ensure that you're protected from anything that he might have. Always be safe in wahtever you do. Consider this a learning experience and be thankful it wasn't something worse. Good luck.

#11 mike7381

mike7381

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1125 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:36 AM

you not gonna die from it but i think it comes back often and you can infect other people you should really take your bf to the doctor and see if he also have herpes i don't think they will ever go away though good luck!

#12 TawnyKira

TawnyKira

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:17 AM

Herpes simplex 1 is merely cold sores, and fever blisters. Pretty much EVERYONE has it actively... If you actually had herpes simplex 2 or full blown herpes, I would understand your concern, but you cannot die from a cold sore. Just go buy some abreva and that will clear it up. Everyone has herpes simplex 1 inside of their body already, it's just something that triggers it. If he had a blister forming, and you kissed or drank after him, then it probably just triggered yours. I only get one like once a year, and my dad does as well... It's nothing to worry about!

#13 Guest_OxineeExpepsy_*

Guest_OxineeExpepsy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Feedlocorrine http://airjordan2011forcheap.holidaygiving.org LarSnattcax http://airjordan2011forcheap.holidaygiving.org sheessliainly

#14 teddyc

teddyc

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

Herpes sits in your nerves and when it activates it USUALLY presents itself in and around the area where went it (ie: your mouth if you got it from kissing someone). The problem is that because it sits dormant in your nerves, the virus can also travel along your nerves to strike any part of your body where nerve endings are presenting, including your brain and eyes, and this is when it becomes a problem. If you get a herpes break out in and around your eyes, there is a chance of becoming blind. Or if a break out happens in the brain, it will cause dementia. Chances are rare with both these cases, but the risk is there and you should be aware of it.

HSV is not HIV. They are two completely different viruses that cause different symptoms. HSV will not transform into AIDS. HIV will and can transform into AIDS if no drugs are used to control it.

HSV is comparable to chicken pox. If you've had chicken pox, you will have a chance of getting shingles if your immune system is beaten down or just with aging. Shingles is also called herpes zoosters. Essentially, anything that causes blisters is called herpes. Don't be alarmed, but be educated.

Edited by teddyc, 10 June 2013 - 05:31 AM.