AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Andy On Chi Kit (安志杰)

andy on on chi kit

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#1 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:06 AM

andy on has been in the hong movie industry for about 4 years now and it seems like no one has really paid much attention to him. i first saw him in the movie looking for mr. perfect and i just fell in love with him. he's a great martial artist and plus he's hot! does anyone else recognize him?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Andy On Chi-Kit Quick Facts:
DOB: 11 May 1977
Astrological Sign: Taurus
Place He Lived Prior to Hong Kong: Providence, Rhode Island
Occupation Prior to Acting: Bartender
Spoken Languages: Fluent in English and Mandarin, still working on his Cantonese
Idol: Jackie Chan
Awards: "Best New Actor" for his role as 'Tank' in Star Runner (2003)

Filmography:
Black Mask 2: City of Masks (2002)
Looking for Mr. Perfect (2003)
Star Runner (2003)
Itchy Heart (2004)
New Police Story (2004)
The White Dragon (2004)
Dragon Squad (2005)
Election 2 (2006)
Dating a Vampire (2006)
Naked Avengers (2006)
Fatal Contact (2006)
Nothing is Impossible (2006)
Invisible Target (2007)
Mad Detective (2007)
Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon (2008)

Andy On interview

Edited by Lena ♥, 23 May 2008 - 11:37 PM.
LIMIT 3 pics per post/ removed dead pic links/updated filmography

#2 Divine

Divine

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

I know who he is! :D I saw him in New Police Story.

Edited by Divine, 03 August 2009 - 08:17 PM.

#3 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

oh my god thank you so much Divine for replying in this thread! i was getting a little upset that it seemed like nobody knew who he was! hehe yeah he has a pretty smooth voice...since he's mandarin i wonder why he doesn't try going to taiwan? but i'm glad that he's a hong kong actor so that i can catch him in all of his movies.

#4 hoaxanhtiem

hoaxanhtiem

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:26 PM

I LOVE HIM! i first saw him in white dragon. then new police story. gosh i fell in love. he's hott! i loved how his hair was in new police story lol.

#5 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:34 PM

hoaxanhtiem: gosh andy on really is SUPER HOT! i actually liked his hair best when he was in Dragon Squad in a cameo because his hair was nice and short...so hot!

#6 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:19 AM

^you're absolutely right salvatoreferragamo he is an extremely professional actor, especially when it comes to fighting scenes :wub:

New News on Andy's new high-budget movie:
Production of HK$60m 《男儿本色》 Nan Er Ben Se, sometimes called Work Made for Fire tentatively, started on November 27 and will take three months to complete and is scheduled for release in summer. Wu Jing plays a thief who will challenge the police Nicholas Tse, Andy On, Jaycee Chan, Anthony Wong and Shawn Yue in brains and brawn. He has three goons - two male, one female. He is out for vengeance, to get back at someone did him a disservice, and he seeks to recover what he deserves. Nicholas Tse was turning out impressive performances and praised for his acrobatics. On the first day, Jaycee Chan, on the other hand, did not handle his role rather satisfactorily, such as a simple patrolling scene, resulting in many outtakes and re-shoots. Shawn Yue was given a red Lotus sports car for a car chase scene at Kowloon Bay that also involved Nicholas Tse and Wu Jing. To create a more thrilling and perilous atmosphere, a water tanker truck was hired to splash water on the the road, and fireworks were set off continuously. Wu Jing, as usual, took a serious approach, often consulting with the director after each take. Recently, he finished a fight scene in the night against Andy On.

...it seems kind of weird to me that andy is one of the cops...i've been getting used to him being the 'villian' ^_^'...but i'm sure that he'll be able to play the role beautifully :blush

#7 sillyxbaby

sillyxbaby

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:16 AM

andy on is HOT! He was so cute in looking for mr. perfect and black mask 2.
I can't wait for his new movie with nic and shawn!
Anyone got any of his songs. I never heard him sing before.

#8 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

^i can't wait for his new movie too...it kinda sounds like 'New Police Story' to me...only this time, andy is on the other side playing a cop
...umm the only song that i've heard him sing is the theme song for black mask 2...it's in mandarin but i don't have a link or anything :(

#9 su66amama

su66amama

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:24 AM

andy is a great fav of mine....i love his body! He's a good actor too. Keep up the good work Andy!

#10 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:56 AM

^yea an andy fan :yay: :blush

here's some new info on his movie (credits to wu-jing.org)
Invisible Target (aka Tripod/Nan Er Ben Se) is about three police officers of different backgrounds and natures coming together to crack the case of the robbery of US$1 billion which is connected to Ronin Gang headed by Wu Jing. They are being driven to their limits pitting themselves against opponents whom they have slim chances of winning.

since andy's playing a cop, hopefully he's one of the three main police officers :thumbsup

#11 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:22 AM

Hello everyone, I first saw Andy On in Star Runner w/ Vanness Wu. Can I just say, "Nice, Hot Body!!!!". I've also followed him in Jacky Chan's "New Police Story", Dragon Squad, and White Dragon (funny movie).

Haven't heard him sing yet...

andy on has been in the hong movie industry for about 4 years now and it seems like no one has really paid much attention to him. i first saw him in the movie looking for mr. perfect and i just fell in love with him. he's a great martial artist and plus he's hot! does anyone else recognize him?

I love his body in this movie :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Edited by icychocolatebubbletea, 04 July 2007 - 09:49 PM.
remove [img] tags when quoting/don't quote everything in long posts

#12 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

Hello everyone, I first saw Andy On in Star Runner w/ Vanness Wu. Can I just say, "Nice, Hot Body!!!!". I've also followed him in Jacky Chan's "New Police Story", Dragon Squad, and White Dragon (funny movie).

hi there Silly CA Girl...yup he has a VERY nice body...i've seen most of his movies myself...but i can't help but wish that he were canto...he just looks and sounds awkward when he tries to speak it himself or is dubbed...i'd like it better if he'd just speak mando like he did in "new police story"
as for singing...seriously i think that he's only sang one song

Edited by gillforever89, 16 April 2007 - 04:14 PM.

#13 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:04 AM

It took me a while to find him in Dragon Squad. He is really good. He should've been casted as one of the main characters.

Either way, he looked good in that movie also. I'm still trying to get my friends to recognize him more. Now, I think I just want him all to myself. :harhar

#14 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

It took me a while to find him in Dragon Squad. He is really good. He should've been casted as one of the main characters.

yea i know...that was one of the few films that he got to film in mandarin...they should let him do that more often

Either way, he looked good in that movie also. I'm still trying to get my friends to recognize him more. Now, I think I just want him all to myself.

he always looks good...but especially when he doesn't have those awful blond highlights mixed with long-ish hair *choke*...and i've noticed that there are periods when andy looks WAYYY too muscular...but in 'dragon squad' his looks were just right :thumbsup

#15 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:01 AM

Wait, If he was from Rhode Island from the states...who discovered him? Wondering. :whistle Will he be acting in some American films as well like Edison Chen in The Grudge 2.

#16 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

^andy said that somebody made a passing comment to him about how he should try acting so in a spur of the moment decision, he just packed up his bags, headed to Hong Kong, and within a week he got spotted by somebody who was looking for a person to portray the lead in 'black mask 2'...that's how andy instantly booked his first job...talk about luck huh :blush
hmmm...i hadn't thought about whether or not he'd be acting in american movies but seriously most asian people who aren't well-known get stuck with stereotypical roles anyway, so i think it's best for him to stay focused on at least trying to make a bigger name for himself in hong kong now ^_^

#17 tavanlovessword

tavanlovessword

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:50 AM

you guys never heard him sing... fell in love with him in starrunner!

check out youtube type in jolin andy

andy sings with jolin (why me sweetie ost)

Edited by tavanlovessword, 11 May 2007 - 06:52 AM.

#18 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:47 AM

OMG, you are right!! He sounds so sweet in that mv wit Jolin.

Wo ai ni :love:

#19 gillforever89

gillforever89

blissful wanderer x3

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

tavanlovessword: you're the best...i've never seen that video and i've got to say that andy's got a pretty smooth voice...if you follow the tag to his chinese name, you'll be able to find his mv for 'no darkness' (i think that's the name) where cherrie ying guest-appeared

#20 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:37 AM

Why is that I cannot find any pictures of Andy in the Gallery site??? He has already done much...

#21 pullum_purna

pullum_purna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:46 AM

I'm glad u put up a thread on him; ppl ddn't really kno abt him much tho...
Yes I thnk he's hot! he's also shy too! & a mommy's boy, like Vanness
His personality is similar to vanness's I wonder Y they're not good frndz? Since thy've done quite abit together.

His mom was a singer b4; & that's how I thnk he got in2 da biz.

#22 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:10 AM

Vanness and Andy are not good friends?? What happened???

#23 .^_^. Ashlee .^_^.

.^_^. Ashlee .^_^.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

Hello..
I agree with everyone here in saying Andy On
is One of the Hottest Asian Celebrities I've seen..
New Police Story is one of my Favourite movies, and Andy
is simply Divine in it.. YUMMMM :P

#24 Blacked_Blindfold

Blacked_Blindfold

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:29 AM

Andy?? He's really cute... Yea, i agree that sometimes he could get very muscular in some part... He is just such a cutie pie...

#25 pokedmond

pokedmond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

i must agree, he doesnt really get recognise as much as other actors. i think he should keep up the hard work and with his hot looks im sure he'll get recognise very soon.

#26 amazingdy

amazingdy

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

I was a Vanness's fan. Waiting for so long and can't wait to see Vanness in Star Runner..At the end, Andy On ( aka Tank Wong) took away my heart from Vanness in the movie. Hahaha..Eventhough he's not the lead actor, but he got all the attention.

#27 pullum_purna

pullum_purna

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

vanness & Andy R definately hot!
Sum1 shld form a fanclub & dedic8 it 2 Andy On cuz there's not enuf info on him.

#28 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

oooh yay andy on fans
i totally love this guy....not only is he HOT but he's a great actor :wub:
it never ceases to amaze me how much dedication he puts into his roles and how hard he must have trained in order to get to the martial arts status that he is at now

and in response to the above posts, it's not true that vanness and andy aren't friends...in reality, they are always hanging out with each other and share a mutual good friend, philip ng, who is another HK actor and martial artist extraordinaire (who's pretty cute in his own way IMO) and who just happens to be best friends with andy

#29 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

new pics of andy and the cast from his new movie, 'The Mad Detective':

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Silly CA Girl

Silly CA Girl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

Thank you lenax3, those picture's are great! I'll be watching out for his new movie.

Edited by Silly CA Girl, 25 February 2008 - 03:56 AM.

#31 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

^no problem Silly CA Girl...i just finished watching the movie myself and the plotline was definitely interesting...andy on fans have to catch this one since he is the main character opposite lau ching wan...it sucks that he keeps getting dubbed in his movies though

#32 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

credits to bubblesM

Yesterday Andy Lau & Andy On were @ Tsing Yi shopping city for the movie promotional activity called 'Three Kingdom Resurrection of the Dragon Andy Lau Meeting fans with Wushu.'

As for the absence of the female lead Maggie Q, due to her alleged Hollywood diva attitude, Andy did not deny that if he were the boss, he would think what she has done is wrong.

Andy who had not made any public appearance for a long time, attracted a hundred over fans & onlookers. The shopping center was packed to the brim. Andy Lau & Andy On both played games with the fans. In one of the games, 'Get it With One arrow', a male fan twice shot Andy on his abdomen.

-----
lol nice to see the two andys promoting their new film together :blush

#33 pokedmond

pokedmond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the pics lenax3...andy looks HOT!!!!!!!!! yeah cnt wit for the movie now!!!!

heres another MV where andy is actually singing with jolin tsai enjoy guyz....

#34 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

no problem pokedmond ^_^ thanks for the link to andy and jolin's duet...i've actually watched this before and i love andy's smooth voice...it still baffles me why he isn't that popular of a singer or actor when he's really got what it takes to make it big in both taiwan and hong kong...luckily directors love casting him in their films and i can't wait to see him in his new film 'Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon' (although the title is really :blink: ) :D

#35 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:26 AM

^ andy's busy promoting his new film "Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon"...the film also includes Maggie Q, his buddy Vanness Wu, and Sammo Hung

#36 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

finally found pics of andy from his new film and the promotional function that he attended with the other andy--andy lau :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 pokedmond

pokedmond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:26 AM

omg andy on looks well toned and tanned!!! looking very hot indeed!!! ^^

i just watched the HK film awards...he didnt get anything but saw him in the seats very good in his white suit hehe

#38 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:57 PM

pokedmond: yea i agree...andy sure looks toned nowadays...he's really slimmed down as well (although his muscles are still huge :iloveyou: )

andy has a new movie with miki and i believe hotcha...here's the new news regarding it...can anybody translate? what i got from the article (from the online translator) was that andy plays the lead in this Gold Label production and that Paco is very happy to have andy work on this film with miki since he's admired his acting skills from "Mad Detective" (i believe that's the film they were referring to) and that he'd like andy to continue working for Gold Label in the future...they had asked andy and miki whether they'd be a romantic couple together in the film and they said that they weren't sure since they hadn't yet seen the full script...andy also stated that he'd be improving on his cantonese

Posted Image

膽粗粗服中藥排毒 Miki通宵肚瀉為求瘦腿
(星島) 04月 19日 星期六 06:30AM
(綜合報道)

Spoiler

Edited by lenax3, 19 April 2008 - 11:12 PM.

#39 pokedmond

pokedmond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

OMG i cant wait to watch this movie then...and the female leads are alright too.

i can see theres going to be loads of romance happening in this movie hehehe

#40 ♥ L E N A

♥ L E N A

"Fa Sum" Queen

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

ehh this movie doesn't sound at all appealing to me besides the fact that andy's in it :P miki's not a great actress and hotcha are newbies to the entertainment business in general...and plus, this is a gold label production, so there's a huge possibility that this movie isn't going to be something to rave about...but this news still hasn't been translated lol so maybe i'm getting worked up over my own shoddy translations :P