WELCOME TO OUR AsianFanatics
Ikuta Toma thread!!!!
(all pics credits at the bottom of this post.)
HELLO, ALL TOMA FANS!!
Congratulations on finding this thread about toma!
i really think you'll have fun learning about toma here and chatting about him too.
i've liked many celebrities before, but really, toma just blew me away. with his incredible good looks, amazing cuteness, and he's truly a brilliant actor, too!! and a great singer and awesome dancer, too!! he's just good at EVERYTHING, it seems?! he's just too cute and adorable and so talented, i don't know why he only got popular after hana kimi?! it's awesome to see that he's now got fans of all ages and nationalities all over the world!! ah, the toma love has been spreading fast, far and wide!!♥
AkuenKigahen said this about him after watching hana kimi and maou, and it's exactly how i felt♥ when i first became his fan, after seeing him as nakatsu in hana kimi : "Toma has left a deep impression and left me with this feeling I can't even begin to describe. Seriously, this guy is amazing."
(little toma!! awww. kawaii ne!! ~_~)
(effortlessly, naturally cute!! just walking around in the streets, yet he still looks so cute and cool!! ahhhhh.)
(tomaaaaaaa. kakkoii deshou?! ^o^ HOW CAN SOMEONE BE THIS INCREDIBLY GOOD-LOOKING?!!! kyaa!!)
* Name: 生田斗真
* Name (romaji): Ikuta Toma
* Nicknames: Tomasu, Toma-chan
* Profession: Actor
* Height: 176cm (5'9")
* Weight: 58kg (132 lbs.)
* Birthdate: October 7, 1984
* Birthplace: Noboribetsu, Hokkaido
* Talent agency: Johnny's Entertainment
* Education: Horikoshi Gakuen, Art Course (graduated)
* Siblings: A younger brother named Ryuusei
* Horoscope sign: Libra
* Blood type: A
* Hobbies: Listening to music at deafening volume
* Preferred Sport: Soccer (Midfield)
* Favorite Food: Hamburgers, Curry Rice, Hayashi Rice
* Favorite Colors: Black and White
* Favorite Music Artists: X-Japan,[GLAY], Guns N' Roses, Backstreet Boys etc
* Favorite Actress/Actor: Matsu Takako
* Best Subject: English and Society
* Worst Subject: Mathematics
* Best Friends: Yamashita Tomohisa, Akanishi Jin, Yokoyama Yuu, Kazama Shunsuke, Hasejun, Oguri Shun
* Good Friends: Matsumoto Jun, Aiba Masaki, Satou Atsuhiro, Murakami Shingo, Imai Tsubasa, Takki
* Special Skills: Dancing and acting
cute or random Toma quotes:
-Today I'll also work hard~
-School, work, and other things...live life to the fullest. (^O^)
-[Infinite] possibilities exist 4 me as well as every1...so believe in possibilities, do your best, and fight on.
-I like setting off without a destination in mind. Because it feels like the end of the day will never come.
-ahh~ really, i'm glad i was born a boy!!
-Somehow i got all excited. yes.
-today's sunlight is warm and gentle. such a nice and warm weather, outdoors scenes are also much better for filming! yes.
-ah-hh, i'm talking about things that aren't important at all again.
-it's good to look up to the sky once in a while, you know.
kate's RECAP OF HIS 13 LONG YEAR CAREER
(i daresay, the most comprehensive, detailed, up-to-date, and awesome-nest toma bio ever online!!! xD):
ikuta toma is only 25 years old (just turned 25 last month!), but he's been in show business for more than half his life. he's been in A LOT of stageplays and dramas (not to mention tons of variety shows, concerts, radio programs, and magazines). in his chichin pui pui tv interview from sept. 2007, they say that from 1997 until then, he's acted in 21 dramas and 19 stageplays! it all started from that day that changed toma's life, the day that his mom made him go to an audition at Johnny's. but he was supposed to (and really wanted to) go to his soccer match and cried when she would not let him go play. back then, toma actually thought it was weird for a guy to sing and dance, so he didn't want to go to the audition. but of course, toma got accepted (and was so happy when he got the good news f/his mom!) and officially became a Johnny's Jr. on February 11 (or 14th?), 1996. he was 11 years old then. soon, he got his first performance, his first tv appearance in NHK's Asadora Aguri drama. (his first appearance in a stage play took place 1 year later.)
toma has been a part of many johnny's jr. music groups. (he was the leader of M.A.I.N. or one of the other groups he was in, but i can't remember which group and where i read this, sorry!) the first was M.A.I.N. (initials of the members), with some of the guys that are now in Arashi: Jun Matsumoto, Masaki Aiba, and Kazunari Ninomiya. then in 1999 (when Arashi debuted), he was grouped with B.I.G. (Bad Image Generation), with 10 other popular juniors, which included yamashita tomahisa (now with NewS). soon, toma and yamashita were the only ones left in B.I.G. they became good friends and are still very close to this day. in 2002, the leader of the Johnny's Jr.s, hideaki takiszawa, debuted as a part of Tackey and Tsubasa. so, toma and the other top Tokyo juniors were made into a new group, 4TOPS, and became the leaders of the juniors. all the members were former B.I.G. members: toma, Yamashita, Jun Hasegawa and Shunsuke Kazama. as the leaders, they got to host the music variety show, Shounen Club.
also in 2002, toma (then 17 yrs old) was cast in a Gekidan Shinkansen stage play, Susano -Story of God's Sword. this was an important turning point for toma! the first time that he felt so inspired and amazed by the passion and enthusiasm of the wonderful and carefree cast and staff, it made him feel that he wants to be like them, so passionate about acting, to act in more plays and also watch more plays. then in 2003, yamashita became the leader of a temporary new group, NewS (it stands for North, East, West, South, and became permanent in 2004), and the 3 members remaining were known as 3Tops. After NewS and KAT-TUN started hosting Shounen Club, toma was able to get his own segment on the show, hosting Meitantei Tomasu. soon, toma and the other 2 members left started working on their own dramas and stage plays, gradually appearing less on variety shows. actually, many of johnny's jr.s were upset and shocked when NewS was announced and toma was not included. most notably, nino (Kazunari Ninomiya) walked out of the conference where NewS' formation was announced in protest, and he was very vocal about how it wasn't right to leave toma behind. also, many juniors were shocked because a lot of them thought 4Tops was going to debut soon. but toma and yamashita remained good friends, though they could no longer sing together or see each other as often.
***PLEASE READ THE REST OF THIS TOMA BIO, I REALLY WORKED HARD ON IT!! ^.^***
HIS DRAMAS, STAGE PLAYS, MOVIES, ETC.:
(toma as the cute bad guy pretending to be a good guy~ junpei, in HYD2)
* Yonimo Kimyou na Monogatari (SP drama) (5 October 2009)
* Majo Saiban -Witch Trial- (25 April 2009) as Toru Yoshioka
* VOICE ~Inochi Naki Mono no Koe~ (12 January - March 2009) as Ryousuke Ishimatsu
* Maou (July - September 2008) as Naoto Serizawa
* Hanazakari No Kimitachi E ~Ikemen Paradise~ - SP (October 2008) as Shuuichi Nakatsu
* Honey & Clover (January - March 2008) as Yūta Takemoto
* [url="http://<a%20href="http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=397484""%20target="_blank">http://asianfanatics...p?s...ic=397484"</a>%5dHanazakari%20No%20Kimitachi%20E%20~Ikemen%20Paradise~%5b/url%5d%20(July%202007%20-%20September%202007)%20as%20Shuuichi%20Nakatsu%20%20%20%20*%20%5burl="http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=285846"]Hana Yori Dango II (Returns)[/url] (January 2007) as Junpei Oribe (Episode 1)
* Akihabara@DEEP (June - August 2006) as Box
* Dekabeya, Police Story
* Gekidan Engimono (Otoko no Yume) (2006)
* Asuka E, Soshite Mada Minu Ko E (October 2005)
* Kinou Wa Tomo Kyou no Teki (5 January - 9 February 2004)
* Hito Ni Yasashiku (Be Nice to People)(2002)(Episode 5)
* Bouken Kazoku
* Engimono – America (2002)
* Neverland (2001)
* Kowai Nichiyoubi
* Shijou Saiyaku no Date (Worst Date) – Episode Chocolate Valentine
* Nekketsu Renaidou
* Kinyou Jidai Geki
* Gekidan Engimono – Nemureru Mori No Shitai
* Psycho-meter EIJI2 (Episode 5) (1999)
* J-Ke No Hanran
* Tuesday Suspense Drama
* Gozen 3Ji no Rooster
* Love & Peace
* Aguri (1997)
........... Musicals (stage plays)
* Grease - 2008
* The Two Gentlemen of Verona - October 2007
* SHOCK – ENDLESS SHOCK 2007
* Cat in the Red Boots (Shinkansen*NEXUS volume 2) (2006)
* AZUMI RETURNS (Azumi 2) (2006)
* AZUMI on STAGE (2005)
* West Side Story 2005 (Arashi version)
* West Side Story 2004 (Shonentai version)
* Mama Loves Mambo III
* Edogah-san Yukuefumei
* Vacation (Shonentai Playzone 2003)
* SHOCK is Real Shock
* Another (Kansai Jr.2002 version)
* SHOCK is Millennium SHOCK
* Stand By Me
* Hanamizuki (2010)
* Seaside Motel (2010)
* Ningen Shikkaku (No Longer Human) (2010)
AWARDS AND OTHER MISC. INFO:
* 54th Television Drama Academy Awards: Best Supporting Actor (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)
* Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix, Winter 2007: Best Supporting Actor (Honey & Clover)
* 11th Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix, April 2007-March 2008: Best Supporting Actor (Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)
......toma knows how to play the (electric) guitar, and he spent around 9 years learning/playing!
......toma thinks his best features are his soft cheeks and his butt. =P
......toma has been asked many times, what kinda girl he likes. in a november 2009 interview, he said someone who likes cleanliness (who's not messy, but neat?), gentle, and who tries her best. other times, he has said: cute, mysterious/quiet, really feminine/girly, has a nice smile, her age doesn't matter (as long as not as old as his mom. lol.), polite, kind, doesn't care about her appearance (not vain?), not clingy (doesn't wanna be with her ALL the time), someone who he can talk to and will listen to him, someone who can cook his fav foods for him. OH, and toma often has crushes on actresses older than him!! xD
(for more info, go here: http://kll-tcs.livej...l.com/1448.html
the title of interview is HOW TO MAKE IKUTA TOMA FALL IN LOVE WITH U IN 10 DAYS. <3 need i say more?! it's a bunch of tips given by toma on the kinda girl he'd fall for. hurry, study up now!! lol.)
......toma wants to be married by the time he's 30 yrs old and have kids (cuz they're cute!)
......"Ikuta has his own mobile diary Jweb named Tomagoto (Toma’s words). Then temporary, the jweb went by the names Tomagoto, Tomagoto Hyper, and Tomagoto NEO, before officially becoming a permanent Jweb on December 15, 2007. Aside from the jweb he also has his own corner on Wink Up magazine entitled “Ikuta Toma no Ikita Kotoba” (Toma Ikuta's Words to Live By). On this corner he writes a one-page essay about things that interest him, as well as his daily experiences. Included in the page are pictures taken from his own camera." (this info is f/his wiki page)
......Toma's best friend since childhood is yamashita tomahisa, also a JE boy. they worked together as Johnny's Jr.s and also went to high school together. toma has said before, his relationship with yamashita is hard to put into words...but he has said that yamashita is his best friend and strongest ally, a kindred spirit! he's a very special person to him and the bond they share is still strong after all this time.♥ they go eat and talk together whenever they have time. ~_~
read these interviews and you'll see how close these 2 guys are...
[May 2008 Seventeen toma/yamashita interview]
[October 2009 Potato toma/yamashita interview]
HIS CM's and singing/dancing video clips:
ikuta toma's photogallery
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
Honey and Clover
AWESOME TOMA LINKS:
official website of Johnny's Entertainment
Ikuta Tôma @ Livejournal
TOMALICIOUS - International Forum
TOMALICIOUS fansubs (TFS)
xdustbunnys' LJ with tons of misc. toma news, scoop, etc.
toma fanlisting: Endearing Affections
IKUTA TOMA FANS MAP =)
^^ YESASIA: BUY toma's magazines, drama DVDs, etc. here
toma's (translated to eng.) recent/older TOMAGOTO blog entries
a lot of recent toma pics & also, tons of paparazzi & butai (stage play) pics
lots of old videos of toma's singing performances here!
*from former TS kuramapica*
Edited by sK+Toma, 12 December 2009 - 09:13 AM.