AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Swarovski Beads and Other Stuff...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#41 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:19 PM

yes i guess i could, but i think the alternating sizes make the dragon look more realistic. hahah i'm paranoid myself and my secret ingredient is clear nail polish. i'll do the regular knot, coat it with clear nail polish (just let it air dry. don't blow it bc some polishes will turn a milky white color if you do.), and use the metal knot hider thing. OR you could use the little metal crimp ring, flatten it, and then use the knot hider. If you don't know what i'm talking about, i'd be glad to take pictures and show you.

I dont know what the "metal knot hider thing" is hehehe :P

#42 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:34 AM

haha well ok. sorry for the poor description. here's a visual aid instead:

Posted Image
http://i2.photobucke.../ldldl/1010.jpg
http://i2.photobucke.../ldldl/1009.jpg
Posted Image

you string it on first, then make the knot, and push the two circular sides together like a clam.

the crimp beads look something like this and they come in different sizes too:

Posted Image

with these, you dont really need to make a knot. just string on the "knot hider" thing, then string on the crimp bead, use pliers to flatten the crimp bead, and close the "knot hider".

ok the "metal knot hider thing" is called a "double cup connector." hahah, gah that sounds so much better.

Edited by annie083, 10 December 2007 - 09:04 AM.
max.3 pictures, others rest in links

#43 AMRC

AMRC

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for sharing the koala, dragon, and hello kitty patterns. I like the head of hello kitty. The puppy is adorable. Anyone have that pattern to share?

#44 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

Here is my koala head that i started with today, i didnt continue because i dont have 3mm indian sapphire, that ebayer that i bought from sent me 3mm montana instead and i dont think that i want to mix it or what do you guys think? :D i have ordered 3mm indian sapphire that is on its way too :P
Is there anyone else that are making these? post up some photos for us to admire :D

#45 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

well the montana doesn't look too bad. I think if you're going to mix it, then use it on a whole part (like use all montana on both ears) or use it at the bottom of the head where it won't be as visible. looks cute so far!

#46 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

well the montana doesn't look too bad. I think if you're going to mix it, then use it on a whole part (like use all montana on both ears) or use it at the bottom of the head where it won't be as visible. looks cute so far!

Hehe ya those 3mm beads was meant for the ears :P and mouth i think...
maybe its hard to see on picture but the montana color is much more darker then indian sapphire...

#47 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

[attachment=3701:5301_4mm...necklace.jpg]
[attachment=3702:swarovski_braclet.JPG]

I found these necklace and bracelet, i am planning to make the necklace with swarovski AB beads or 2x AB :P does anyone got beading tips on how to bead the necklace? not really sure how it is bead at the middle. And any suggestion on color on the necklace or should i go with the crystal color? since i am not a girl so i dont know what girls like hehehe :P

#48 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

hahah aww that's cute! the clear would go with anything. then again, can't go wrong with swarovski beads. it'll look pretty anyways.

hmm, well you could try starting off making the middle. string one bead on, then put both strands together and string on maybe 10 or whatever to make the straight line, and split apart the 2 strands to make the rest of the necklace.

step one

-------O-------

step two

||
||
||
||
||
O

step three

||
||
||
O
O
O
O

step four

---------OOOOOOO-----------
O
O
O
O
O

I think you got the idea.

or maybe you can try doing this:

--O--
( )
O
( )
O
( )
O

#49 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:58 PM

hahah aww that's cute! the clear would go with anything. then again, can't go wrong with swarovski beads. it'll look pretty anyways.

hmm, well you could try starting off making the middle. string one bead on, then put both strands together and string on maybe 10 or whatever to make the straight line, and split apart the 2 strands to make the rest of the necklace.

step one

-------O-------

step two

||
||
||
||
||
O

step three
||
||
||
O
O
O
O

step four

---------OOOOOOO-----------
O
O
O
O
O
I think you got the idea.

or maybe you can try doing this:

--O--
( )
O
( )
O
( )
O

Very nice idea thx, but i wonder if they use those metal pin on the middle part? that way you wont see the string :P
I am still missing Hyacinth, Red Topaz, Sun, Citrine, Light Emerald, Lilac, Shadow crystal in AB :crying: they are so hard to find especially from the same seller

#50 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

oh yea, you could use that too. that's probably the best thing to do. well what size are you looking for 3mm or 4mm?

#51 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

gahhh hahah that's huge! ok sorry good luck with that. i only buy 3mm and 4mm. can't help ya there.

#52 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

no but there are some ppl i regularly buy from who have a nice selection of colors.

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

^ lol i have a tray full of SCrystals. and have been looking for new and fun things to make, so far all i have done is cell phone charms for my bf and my mum.

Im looking forward to learning how to make animals and all lol...but then it looks pretty hard.

i heard that the beads in HK are cheaper. but i buy mine from a store online that gives free shipping on all beads and supplies. dont' know if it is pricey as hell but then i don't mind.

$5/$6 for around 100 SCrystals. not bad huh?
only the AB's cost a lot more..

#54 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:00 PM

^ lol i have a tray full of SCrystals. and have been looking for new and fun things to make, so far all i have done is cell phone charms for my bf and my mum.

Im looking forward to learning how to make animals and all lol...but then it looks pretty hard.

i heard that the beads in HK are cheaper. but i buy mine from a store online that gives free shipping on all beads and supplies. dont' know if it is pricey as hell but then i don't mind.

$5/$6 for around 100 SCrystals. not bad huh?
only the AB's cost a lot more..

Do you know any one that sell AB beads that charge per each bead and not batch? :D
i only found one and she is missing a few that i need.

#55 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

^ yeah the site that i got to has a sh*t load of varieties of beads! you should check it out! its called "artbeads.com"

very reliable and its FAST! i got mine in less then 2 days after i placed the order!

its the best site i ever found! you just put down on the side how much you want to buy, doesn't matter if it is marked 1-49 or so. just put down 12 if you want! :D

http://www.artbeads....ovski-5301.html

this is all the colors of the beads it offers you! :D happy shopping.

#56 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

^ yeah the site that i got to has a sh*t load of varieties of beads! you should check it out! its called "artbeads.com"

very reliable and its FAST! i got mine in less then 2 days after i placed the order!

its the best site i ever found! you just put down on the side how much you want to buy, doesn't matter if it is marked 1-49 or so. just put down 12 if you want! :D

http://www.artbeads....ovski-5301.html

this is all the colors of the beads it offers you! :D happy shopping.

Thx alot, its a very nice site i think i will buy some from there next time but they still dont have those i search for hehehe oh well maybe i will use regular beads instead of AB beads

#57 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

^ ah sorry about that, i thought they have almost every color and such of beads that you were looking for in there! they even have the discontinued beads which i am really happy they have cause i searched in other stores around my area and they said there is no more :D

#58 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:16 PM

haha i usually use that site as a color reference before buying them on ebay.

#59 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

I got my 3mm indian sapphire today so i continued with my koala. At the end when i tied the thread i accidently broke it :shocked: oh well i hope it will hold...
here is the result...
[attachment=3712:koala.jpg]

#60 k i m m a y

k i m m a y

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:45 AM

gee all these bead things are so cute, all i know is about ribbons and papers but beads guess this is my first time.

thanks for the instructions every one

#61 Sakran

Sakran

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:46 PM

Avin85, you are AMAZING!! Thank you SO much for taking the time to post all these instructions up. I've been looking for stuff to make and I wandered into this thread, thanks again! Your koala looks great, can't wait to try it myself!

#62 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

Avin85, you are AMAZING!! Thank you SO much for taking the time to post all these instructions up. I've been looking for stuff to make and I wandered into this thread, thanks again! Your koala looks great, can't wait to try it myself!

Hehe thanks and you are welcome :)

#63 tuyettrinh

tuyettrinh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

okay i got some beading pattern so if any of you want it just give me your email and ill send it to you i dont want to post it here cause it will take me a long time

Can I have those instruction, please? Can you send it to me at ntuyettrinh00@yahoo.com . thank You so Much

#64 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:00 PM

I finally made the bracelet :P not all in AB though but most of them are hehe hope it fits ^_^'

[attachment=3827:bracelet.jpg]

#65 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

haha cute! the white opal on the end really stands out.

#66 Kiwi4Ever

Kiwi4Ever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:26 AM

i love the koala and the bracelet :D
they are really pretty

where do ppl get the "metal knot hider thing" and the thing to attach to cellphones and stuff (if u know what km talking about <_<)?

#67 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:40 PM

i love the koala and the bracelet :D
they are really pretty

where do ppl get the "metal knot hider thing" and the thing to attach to cellphones and stuff (if u know what km talking about <_<)?

They are avaible on ebay, i tried to buy some of those "metal knot hider thing" last time from ebay but sadly i never recieve them. I think i got back a refund, not sure though.
"the thing to attach to cellphones" you can try to search for "cell phone strap with ring" on ebay.

#68 Illusionz

Illusionz

-Wishful Thinking-

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

"metal knot hider thing" is actually called a "charlotte crimp bead" or alternatively, knot cover. You could probably get these from craft stores.. or just search ebay =]

"the thing to attach to cellphones" - cell phone strap, you can of course get them from ebay too

#69 Bella and Edward 4eva!

Bella and Edward 4eva!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:05 PM

heyy im chinese i could maybe translate. if not ill ask my parents. they DEFINITLY can. by the way can u send me the diagrams for the animals. if u could that would be great!i really want the penguin and the zodiac giraffe anway could u just send me all the animal ones?

#70 Bella and Edward 4eva!

Bella and Edward 4eva!

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

avin translating the picture may take a while sry:( cuz the scanx u sent me, i couldnt read the inner side of the page. it was too dark

#71 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

avin translating the picture may take a while sry:( cuz the scanx u sent me, i couldnt read the inner side of the page. it was too dark

nevermind, i think the inner side is not the necklace? anyway, no rush with it. didnt plan to start on it soon.

#72 Chocolate

Chocolate

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

they're so prettyy!
&& srry i dont know

#73 Seele

Seele

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

But swarovski's beads are expensive, aren't they? 0__0
I also want to make such things, but can afford myself to buy the beads. T__T

#74 eyeglitz

eyeglitz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:13 AM

it would be so cool if there was a video tutorial on this. i bet youtube might have it. =)

#75 evolution2x

evolution2x

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

I love Swarovski Bead but they are costly. I like the Koala you made.

#76 nhan thai

nhan thai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

thank you very much for the dragon patterns...i have been looking for this a longtime.
i am orderring the 6mm beads. will try to do it . thanks

#77 nhan thai

nhan thai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

Here is the rest of the diagram i bought, again i am sorry for the poor quality. I received them in the same quality and i have tried my best with photoshop ;)

[Koala]
-live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-

[Dragon]

If anyone got other cool diagram, please share with me :P this is addictive hehehe gonna buy 500 more beads from ebay later on :P

hi avin, have you done the dragon yet? if yes, could i ask you a question? i have problem/question on the last row of the dragon head :)
or you can email me at nhanthai@yahoo.com

thanks very much

#78 Sunflowergurl

Sunflowergurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

:D Hi all, It's my first post as I'm new here.

I'm a very visual person so learn better with video tutorials. I don't know if any of you are aware of this blog but the woman who does these free video tutorial is very good at what she does and explains it nice and easy too, see this cute Panda she made and also check out all her other lovely tuts.,

And the Jewelery Professor now has a page with free tutorials -live urls are not allowed in your usergroup-[/b]

#79 missywrite

missywrite

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:05 AM

i always need a sample in front of me otherwise, i can't make it, the instructions are kind of hard to see and so far for these kinds of stuff, i've only seen diagrams in chinese

#80 akschain

akschain

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

I love making Swarovski Beads too.