AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Swarovski Beads and Other Stuff...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
80 replies to this topic

#1 ~Nat~

~Nat~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:15 AM

Hi there! >.<

I love making Swarovski Beads! Last summer, i've made ducks, purses, hello kitty...and more! It's so fun making them! And plus they are so cute! lol But does anyone know any good websites for more diagrams? I would like to make more in the summer! >.< I've tried the library, but i couldn't find any books w/ diagrams! :down Teehee. Every time, i make them my mom takes them and puts them on her purse. She has like one on every purse! O.o

These or some of the stuff that i made >.<(but i couldn't put all of them since the file is too big -________-V

[attachment=2195:attachment][attachment=2196:attachment][attachment=2193:attachment][attachment=2194:attachment][attachment=2191:attachment][attachment=2190:attachment][attachment=2191:attachment]

#2 fiferz

fiferz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:26 AM

They're so adorable! I love the rainbow puppy one. I can't even find Swarovski beads to begin with. Does anyone know where to buy them in Melbourne, Aust? =(

Hehe your mum's cute, wearing your designs on her purse...I wish my mum did that ><; She doesn't know I'm creative. Good mother's day gifts and b'day gifts!

Keep up the good work!

#3 lil_cute_hamster

lil_cute_hamster

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:33 AM

heyz.. do u have diagrams for making some of them? i'm not sure where to find Swarovski Beads as well.. lol.. i wanna try making them.. don't think i'll be able to find diagrams though.. =.=

#4 ~Nat~

~Nat~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:31 PM

:dance Hi there again!

I think you guys can get the beads from the internet >.< ebay? lol i don't really know though! My Aunt brought them for me from Hong Kong XD

But thanx for the comments! ^-^

lil_cute_hamster, i do have the diagrams for the hello kitty and the purse but i don't have a photocopier
-_______-v Sorry! Maybe when i have time, i'll ask my friend to photocpy it from me :P But i think the easiest way to learn how to make them is when someone teaches them >.< Teehee
Well anyways... if you do find some diagrams, please tell me! :]

#5 syworld2001

syworld2001

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:45 AM

so cute!!! i really like the hello kitty and rainbow puppy one! teach teach! hehehe ... where can u get the Swarovski Beads? :huh:

Edited by syworld2001, 22 June 2006 - 11:48 AM.

#6 swe3tdreamz

swe3tdreamz

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1548 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

woah they are so good.. what is that one your holding? cant see it properly.

#7 ~Nat~

~Nat~

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:35 PM

^-^ Hi!

Teehee The one that i'm holding is an purse XD

#8 mizz_diva

mizz_diva

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

Wow they are soo pretty, my cuzin made a kitty in a bride dress wow it's pretty yours look so perfessional. I love them I gotta get some one to teach me heh heh.

#9 Cantoangel

Cantoangel

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:07 AM

I'm from Melb too, and I find you can definitely get the cheapest beads from eBay...most craft stores either sell the plastic ones or the glass ones, which are not as shiny or glittering as real crystal. Even if they do sell them, it's very expensive. I have had much success on eBay, just make sure you choose a seller who has a very good rating!

#10 lilwitch

lilwitch

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:37 AM

all of them are so cute

but love the raindow puppy one the best

#11 careenie

careenie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 02:46 PM

i just come across this page today. The hello kitty is beautiful!!! are you selling them??

#12 Strawberry Cookie

Strawberry Cookie

*~*

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:24 PM

These pictures are a little bit blur O_o
The duck is really cute ! Did you buy that thing for cellphone to hang the beads in store?! I'm just looking for that , but I can't find it anywhere else ....

Edited by Strawberry Cookie, 30 January 2007 - 07:29 PM.

#13 elysium_kiss

elysium_kiss

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:59 AM

I love the colour on your puppy!
I use to make them... Just not with Swarovski beads. ^.^"
I don't think I've ever even seen them being sold. Lol.
Mm... I've made a lantern, a mouse, turtles, and a couple more.
But I never seem to be able to remake them though...
Since I always forget how...-.-"

Edited by elysium_kiss, 01 February 2007 - 04:00 AM.

#14 Michelle.

Michelle.

Reita is my kind of bassist ^^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7408 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:45 AM

Omg those are so cute! =D
I like the rainbow puppy one the most! ^^
Swarovski beads are really good quality.

#15 s0urlem0n

s0urlem0n

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1054 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

those are really pretty. the puppy one is really cute haha they sell a lot of those things now.

#16 nsdragons

nsdragons

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

oh the little beadings are so adorable! perfect for little cell phone danglers! you should think of selling the ones that you make; might actually make some money.....

#17 vli.vlz

vli.vlz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

gosh. i just bought a bambi one and it costed $20.
yeah, they told me the chain made from crystals or something, i forgot.
and now i saw your crafts here. i wanna make one! *envy*
i love the hello kitty one. goshh~ cool!

#18 rOsie_pig

rOsie_pig

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:33 AM

wow those look really nice! Does anyone know where i can find the instructions to the ones above or other ones???

#19 roguex

roguex

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

wow pretty good then you can make and wear whatever you want:P

#20 MadHatter

MadHatter

~Between Mind and Heart~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13388 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

note: if you are thinking of buying the beads from hong kong, and you do not live there, you have to take into consideration the shipping cost.

i do have a question about your works,

how do you make the letters? i want to learn how to make it but then i don't know how

#21 Sakura_Hanabi

Sakura_Hanabi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

That's really cool. Are there any books on beading? If there are, where can I find them.

#22 IcyIcy

IcyIcy

Love Forever

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:40 AM

Hey Nat, those are really cool beadings you did. The dog and the purse are really nice. I remember I made a purse once, but dont know where it went or else I should show you too.

That's really cool. Are there any books on beading? If there are, where can I find them.

Yes, there are books on beadings and I have seen them in those chinese book stores. You'll just have to look around and ask them. I think you can find some instructions on the internet too, but they may be the very simple beadings and not the same beading as those shown here.

#23 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:18 AM

hmm my post is gone, oh well...
after several hours searching on the net i finally found the hello kitty instruction on ebay :P and i bought it as well as a koala and a super advance dragon hehehe. now i just need to find those swarovski beads when i get the instruction. i will try to scan those when i get them.

#24 Bafflequeen

Bafflequeen

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1137 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

i like all of your work....especially the hello kitty and the puppy....they're all so cute, where do you get those swarovski beads?

#25 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

^ if you want swarovski beads, i HIGHLY recommend ebay. i've just started buying them from ebay and now i can't stop. haha! as for books, you can find them at www.yesasia.com. i'm still waiting for mine to be shipped.

#26 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

Ok i got the hello kitty pattern that i bought from ebay, it is scanned and printed so the quality is poor but anyway i post it here for those that want it :D
And if anyone could translate the chinese text for me it would be even better hahaha, i am new on this and dont understand a thing from the instruction so any help would be nice :)
Posted Image
http://www.e.kth.se/~sheng/kitty.jpg

Edited by avin85, 13 August 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#27 Angel_Star

Angel_Star

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

Those are so cute! Are swarovski beads very expensive? I know the figurines can be quite pricey depending on the size and design.

#28 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

Those are so cute! Are swarovski beads very expensive? I know the figurines can be quite pricey depending on the size and design.

I would say they're pretty expensive. At Michael's, it costs $3.99 for 32 4mm beads. That's like $0.12 per bead. I tend to shoot for half that price on ebay. It usually takes about 100-150 beads to make one figurine plus additional accessories like the black cell phone string (25-50 cents each), clear fishing wire (2.99 at michael's), connector knot hider thing (.99 for about 50), and perhaps additional beads if needed (seed beads and such 2.99 for alot). You do the math.

The quality is beautiful though. It's rare to find a deformed swarovski bead. I guess you get what you pay for. haha. good luck!

to Avin85: Thanks a bunch for the diagram!

Edited by Linh_Linh, 13 August 2007 - 06:51 PM.

#29 fun33533

fun33533

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

i found some diagram online its at
beadjewelrymaking.com
you just have to look in the gallery and some have instrustion =)

Edited by fun33533, 14 August 2007 - 11:29 PM.

#30 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

Hehe i should have bought the beads from ebay but i have already bought it from a shop which cost me much more :P but i am still bidding for more on ebay, kinda addictive :P i have bought 2 more diagrams too actually, a koala and a super advance dragon :P i can upload it if anyone is interessted (havent scanned them yet).

#31 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:27 PM

^ ahaha isn't it?? omg i bought them from everywhere: hong kong, japan, turkey... the only thing is that shipping takes forever. could you please upload the diagrams??

#32 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:32 AM

^ ahaha isn't it?? omg i bought them from everywhere: hong kong, japan, turkey... the only thing is that shipping takes forever. could you please upload the diagrams??

ok, i will scan them tomorrow :)
And here is my result ;)
[attachment=3618:Kitty02.jpg]

#33 IcyIcy

IcyIcy

Love Forever

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3343 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:41 AM

^^ That is amazing. The Hello Kitty you made above is really good, so shiny too. The swarovski beads are too expensive for me to get, especially when there is so many of them. I just calculated, will cost me 25$ just for the beads, too much. I think I will try to make with the plastic ones XD

I would like to see how the koala and a super advance dragon look too, nice if you can share the instructions too.

#34 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Here is the rest of the diagram i bought, again i am sorry for the poor quality. I received them in the same quality and i have tried my best with photoshop ;)

[Koala]
http://www.e.kth.se/...a/Koala 001.jpg
http://www.e.kth.se/...a/Koala 002.jpg
http://www.e.kth.se/...a/Koala 003.jpg

[Dragon]
http://www.e.kth.se/...on/dragon01.jpg
http://www.e.kth.se/...on/dragon02.jpg
http://www.e.kth.se/...on/dragon03.jpg
http://www.e.kth.se/...on/dragon04.jpg

If anyone got other cool diagram, please share with me :P this is addictive hehehe gonna buy 500 more beads from ebay later on :P

Edited by avin85, 14 August 2007 - 12:52 PM.

#35 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:45 PM

what kind of beads are used in the dragon? is it the rounded swarovski ones and do you happen to know how many beads it will take to make one? gahhh, i've gotta make one for myself. yay year of the dragon! it looks easy bc it's just maybe 2 or 3 repetitive patterns but at the same time very very very time consuming. Thanks so much for sharing!

Edited by Linh_Linh, 14 August 2007 - 07:48 PM.

#36 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

what kind of beads are used in the dragon? is it the rounded swarovski ones and do you happen to know how many beads it will take to make one? gahhh, i've gotta make one for myself. yay year of the dragon! it looks easy bc it's just maybe 2 or 3 repetitive patterns but at the same time very very very time consuming. Thanks so much for sharing!

I think it is around 550 beads, i will try to get someone to translate for me :P will let you know more when i find out more.

#37 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

This is what my friend translated for me:
6mm crystal (XX) tinted colour x 400
white colur x 2
5mm crystal (XX) tinted colour x 62
4mm crystal (XX) tinted colour x 82
coffee colour x 12
black colour x 2
6mm crystal (XX) black colour x 2
3mm crystal (XX) tinted colour x 180
coffee colour x 2

And i asked the guy i bought the diagram from to send me the original copy, maybe this picture is alittle bit more clear.

#38 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

hahah 6mm??? aww man that's insane! i'll have to get a job if i want to make the dragon. >.< thanks!!

#39 avin85

avin85

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

hahah 6mm??? aww man that's insane! i'll have to get a job if i want to make the dragon. >.< thanks!!

Maybe you can try to make it with 4mm? :P
by the way, do you have any tips on how to do the ending knot when you make these stuff? I am alittle afraid that it will fall apart hehe.

#40 Linh_Linh

Linh_Linh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

Maybe you can try to make it with 4mm? :P
by the way, do you have any tips on how to do the ending knot when you make these stuff? I am alittle afraid that it will fall apart hehe.

yes i guess i could, but i think the alternating sizes make the dragon look more realistic. hahah i'm paranoid myself and my secret ingredient is clear nail polish. i'll do the regular knot, coat it with clear nail polish (just let it air dry. don't blow it bc some polishes will turn a milky white color if you do.), and use the metal knot hider thing. OR you could use the little metal crimp ring, flatten it, and then use the knot hider. If you don't know what i'm talking about, i'd be glad to take pictures and show you.