English Name: Myolie Wu
Chinese Name: 胡杏兒 Wu Hang Yee
Vietnamese Name: Hồ Hạnh Nhi
Date Of Birth: November 6, 1979
Blood Type: O
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 46kg
Family Members: Parents and 2 elder sisters
Education: Finish first year of Bio-chem in Hong Kong University, but later entered Miss Hong Kong, and got second-runner up , then sign contract with TVB to become an actress.
Languages Spoken: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and a little of Japanese
Fav. Color: rainbow
Fav. Pet: cats (she has 3 cats)

Series
Colourful Life (2001)
Legal Entanglement (2001)
At Point Blank (2001)
Doomed To Oblivion (2002)
Golden Faith (2002)
Eternal Happiness (2002)
Family Man (2002)
Survivor's Law (2003)
Virtues of Harmony II (2003)
Triumph In The Skies (2002)
Net Deception (2003)
Dreams of Color (2003)
Lost in the Chamber of Love (2004)
Scavenger's Paradise (2004)
The Gateau Affairs (2005)
Wars of In-Laws (2005)
When Rules Turn Loose (2005)
War and Destiny (2006)
To Grow With Love (2006)
The Drive of Life (2007) NEW!
The Master of Tai Chi (2007) (ready to release)
War of In-Laws II (2007) (start to film June 2007)

Awards
2007 Next Magazine TV Artists Awards: 3rd
2006 Astro Wah Lai Toi Drama Awards: Favourite Actress - Tin Lik in "War of In-Laws"
2006 Astro Wah Lai Toi Drama Awards: Favourite character from "War of In-Laws"
2006 Annual Artiste Award: Best Music Newcomer - Silver
2006 Annual Artiste Award: Best TV Actress Award - Bronze
2006 Yahoo Buzz! Award: Yahoo most searched TV Actress Award
2006 Metro Showbiz Television Awards: Top 12 Popular TV Series Actor/Actress Award
2006 TVB Popularity Awards: Most Popular On-Screen Couple - Bosco Wong and Myolie Wu
2006 TVB Popularity Awards: Top 10 Favourite Characters - Myolie Wu for "Tin Lik" in WOIL
2006 Next Magazine TV Artists Awards: 7th
2005 Astro Wah Lai Toi Drama Awards: Favorite character from "Dream of Colours"
2005 Golden TVS Awards from South China: Most Popular Cantonese Speaking Actress
2005 Yahoo Buzz! Award: Yahoo most searched TV Actress Award
2005 TVB Weekly: Most Popular Female Idol Award
2005 Next TV Magazine: Ferti "Style & Chic" Award
2005 Smiling Together & Lifting our Spirits Function: Brightest Smile Award
2004 Entertainment Weekly: Future Galore Star
2003 3rd Weekly: Popular Actress Award
2003 Next TV Magazine: Best "Personal Style" Smile
2002 TVB 35th Anniversary: Most Improved Actress Award
1999 Miss Hong Kong: 2nd runner up
1999 Miss Hong Kong "Most Energetic" Award

Links
Myolie Wu's Official International Fanclub
The Myolie Wu Network (English Fansite)
Myolie Wu's AF Gallery

Edited by dee-lush, 11 July 2007 - 03:06 AM.

#2 athena

athena

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 08:00 AM

so happy to have this myolie forum!!!....hope fans from the old forum will be joinging us shortly :)

anyone know when net deception will be released?

#3 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 January 2004 - 08:03 AM

HI GUYS!! ITs me its me!!! Hey athena! :P hehehe. Yep! I'm so glad Myolie has a forum here too and more people should join us. By the way Net Deception is already out in AUS. but i'm not so sure when it will come out in the US though.

#4 athena

athena

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 08:23 AM

hay!!!....yeh, i heard that it's out in aus...hope it'll be out in other places soon!...how many eps are there? 20?...

anyways, posting a pic to spice up the forum!...hehehe :) hope it shows though!...

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 07:53 PM.

#5 Guests

• Guests

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:35 AM

It's out over here? Yay, It's out in Australia... who does it have in it? Hehe... :unsure: Well, Myolie was really good in Survivor's Law, same with Bernice... She looks good with Raymond Lam... :P

#6 athena

athena

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:57 PM

well...we can't upload pics cause only certain ppl can do that >_<

net deception cast: myolie :) , wong hei, tiffany lam, jack wu, eddie kwan..

how come there's 2 myolie threads?...i just saw another one on the 1st page???....

#7 Guests

• Guests

Posted 14 January 2004 - 01:54 AM

yeah we need a mod in here but I'm not sure if i can be one....anyways, i hope there will be more news on the new series with Myolie and RON!!!

#8 Guests

• Guests

Posted 14 January 2004 - 12:33 PM

Hey! i'm here too!!! i didn't know there was this other place here? no one very saind anything about it in the other forums!!!! cool....thanx Kenixkwok2004 for your link! :D

hey, does anyone know any news on "tales of the wetern chamber" myolie's new series? i really hope that they get on with the filming because myolie hasn't filmed a proper ancient series where she has a major roll....and i want to see how Ron will go with Myolie....*sigh*

Edited by Elmo, 14 January 2004 - 12:37 PM.

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 06:01 PM

[The Sun]

Myolie Wu was wearing a mini skirt at a mobile phone promotional event yesterday and with this being her first mobile phone sponsorship deal, she was very happy: "I have had a few more advertising jobs recently, such as for DVD machines, skincare products, phones and food products. (Are these the rewards brought on by the success of "Triumph in the Skies"?) You could say that!" She smiles that she is not worried about working hard with so many jobs and as for the fee, she says: "No matter how many figures, it is still high! It is a commercial secret! (Have you put your fee up?) Of course it is more than when I started out? (By how much?) It is satisfactory, but I am still value for money!"

Although Myolie is promoting a mobile brand, she has no intentions of giving a phone to her boyfriend: "If he supports me, he should go and buy one himself!" Also, she will begin filming a new series soon and will be spending the new year working. She says: "I will be doing a float parade on Chinese New Year's day, but I don't really go greeting so it doesn't matter really."

Credits-http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Myolie's keep fit tips

When Myolie was at school and university, she was a rather plump girl, but after entering the industry she has lost a lot of weight: "I had to in order to look good on screen, although I am not fat, I still have to keep on a diet. I have recently taken up drinking a new product 'Nap Mai Water' to break down the water and make it easier to absorb. As well as being able to clear the digestive system, it will not make you drink too much water and you will not be so bloated. Your skin also looks a lot better."

Even with soups, Myolie is very picky: "I like drinking soup, but I will not make pig bone soup because it is very fatty. I will only make green and red carrot, apple and pear soups and then just add a little lean meat." As for sport, Myolie likes to do yoga: "I try to do it two or three times a week, but sometimes I am too busy and cannot do it. However I can sweat a lot each time I do it and it keeps my figure beautiful. Dieting has to be combined with exercise for the best results."

Myolie's Keep Fit Menu

Breakfast: 'Nap Mai Water' + anything, especially fruit.
Lunch: A bowl of rice or congee, vegetables and fish.
Dinner: Half a bowl of rice or congee, vegetables, fish and NO DESSERT!

Credits-http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Myolie Wu and Leo Ku returned from trips to Japan recently and they both appeared with their Japanese finds. Myolie left with one case and returned with two and as the schedule was tight and the sales were on there, a lot of the spring collections had not yet been released, so originally wanting to do a lot of shopping, Myolie was a little disappointed. She says: "This time I found that eating was very expensive. A sushi meal for two was almost a thousand dollars."

Myolie, who was born in the year of the Ram, has been told by a fortune teller that she will have a lot of romantic encounters and she says happily: "Romance is a way of building relationships with people, so this could be a good thing. However my boyfriend is a dragon and for them there may emerge a third party in their relationship. I have never been worried because my qualities are too good, of course there will be other people after me, just as long as they are not men! Ha ha!!"

As for Leo, he has bought some springtime clothes from Japan, spending a six figure sum. As he will have a lot of work to do soon, he will be able to use this batch of new clothes. As for the New Year, he will be performing on the Mainland, but he is not worried about SARS as long as he maintains hygiene.

Credits-http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 07:54 PM.
removed pics that don't work

#10 starizblue

starizblue

I Hate Miserable People

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9606 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 04:47 AM

myolie's "big mouth" disturbs me sometimes.. but she is a great actress.. and she has a great role in the new series "Net Deception"

#11 iCySoUr21

iCySoUr21

aLeX & sHiRlEy

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:26 PM

i've never really liked her. she has some thick lips, i hated her n survivor law. she looks much with short hair. but in tits, i think she looks way better. and i like her in that series. i'm starting to change my feelings on her. Unless she makes anoher series ith short har. lol

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 08:35 PM

[Oriental Daily & The Sun]

Myolie Wu, Joe Ma, Tang Chi Fung and Winnie Yeung were rehearsing for their appearance in a Chinese New Year show yesterday and when Myolie received a lucky packet from Joe, she immediately gave him one back for his son. Joe immediately laughed saying that she was 'practising handing out lucky packets'. Shocked by the remark, Myolie says a little embarrassed: "It will be ages before I get married, I was just listening to my manager's advice and handing them out for the first time. Making everyone happy for a few thousand dollars is worth it." She also laughs that this is the first year she has bought plum blossom for her home and she forgot to take a walk around it for luck in romance yesterday. Then she forgot and swept the floor - 'sweeping out the new year luck'. Myolie laughs that she has made up for things: "I was just sweeping out the problems, it will be okay!"

Myolie says she does not really believe the fortune tellers, but she will read her predictions for the coming year: "If it is good, I will believe it! It says that this year is good for people born in the year of the goat and as I am a goat, then of course I am happy. However, I feel that as long as you put your heart into your work, then nothing else matters."

With her marriage this year, Winnie Yeung is also handing out lucky packets for the first time this year and she laughs: "The best thing is no longer having to hear people asking 'When it is your turn?'. I went with my husband to burn incense and pay respects to the gods. We wished for good luck and for girl-boy twins so we can get some lucky packets next year." During yesterday's event she was taking advice on having kids from Tang Chi Fung, who will be driving his card from the outskirts of the city through Lam Tin and then out to the New Territories as a good luck tradition.

creds-tvbspacenews.blogspot</span>

[Oriental Daily]

Safely another year passes. Having had a conflicting fortune last year, Myolie has had a few pieces of gossip surrounding her, but this has not stopped her stardom from increasing. Through 'Triumph in the Skies', she has taken another step up and she hopes that with the good relationship luck in the year of the monkey, she will become even more popular.

Although Myolie was educated abroad, she is still a very traditional person and she believes in the predictions of luck for the coming year. With the conflicting fortune signs last year, she sent a friend to make offerings and thanksgiving to the gods on her behalf. In order to thank this friend, Myolie took time from her busy schedule to play matchmaker and find her a man, successfully creating a happy couple and leaving Myolie very happy.

Also, Myolie will be working a packed schedule over the new year period after recording a radio drama with Lai Nok Yi yesterday, she will also be singing the title song for the show. She laughs that whilst she was studying, she learned opera for a year, so her singing is quite good. When asked if she has any intentions to brave the music industry, Myolie laughs: "I will give it a try this time, but I am not desperate to enter the music industry. Let's see if I get any praise for it first!"

Big kids Myolie Wu and Timothy Wong joined in the carnival at Tin Ma Lam on Chinese New Year's day for some fun and hoped for a good scream on all the exciting rides and send away all the unhappy things from the last year.

As the two big kids saw all the spinning and turning of the rides, they became rather excited and began to study which would be more fun, but when they saw the colourful soft toys on the way, they decided to warm up first as Timothy claimed that he would win a prize for Myolie. Unfortunately after a few attempts, he returned empty handed.

Having studied abroad, Myolie loves the excitement of the rides, but with her age increasing, her courage is decreasing and she daren't go on any of the strongly rotating rides any more, as she would be sick afterwards. No wonder she sighs that she is getting old!

As for Timothy, it turns out he has a fear of heights, but he still decided to go for it and ride on the big wheel and roller coaster, proving that he loves to play. However when it comes to work, he will become very serious. Although he has only been in the industry for a few months, Timothy is being heavily promoted by TVB and in this short time, he has been filming series and hosting. At the moment, he is an ambassador for TVB pearl and he hopes that that new year will bring him opportunities to try other work, such as in the musical arena, where his biggest wish is to compose songs and allow people to see his musical talent.

removed pics that don't work

#13 Guests

• Guests

Posted 07 February 2004 - 09:39 PM

I think Myolie is a very sweet looking girl...the first time I saw her was in "Family Man" with like Flora and Sonjina etc... shes so funny "Golden Faith" heh...well Im watching still watching "Triumph in the Skies" Im on like ep. 9 I think...Zoe...so cool...this is a lil off topic...but...I dont really like how Twins came in...in "Triumph in the Skies"...kinda dumb...but anyways...GO MYOLIE!! clapclap

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 03:57 AM

[Oriental Daily]

When asked for her opinion on the job cuts at TVB, Myolie Wu hopes that the company as well as the whole of Hong Kong will be able to bear the hardships together. In response to the suggestion that artistes are just like a product line that needs to be deleted if there is no longer any value, she says: "It's a helpless situation, but as an artiste, I will do my own job to the best of my ability and hope that less of these things happen."

With further reports that TVB plans to axe a further four hundred jobs in the near future, TVB director and group Managing Director Ho Ding Kwan responded yesterday saying: "There are not as many as four hundred. If we could lose that many people, the first one to go would be me, however the profits last year were not too satisfactory and we will find out when the results are issued in March. The company is merely looking at supply and demand, we will be looking at which departments can be merged to save some overheads and make the running more efficient. (Is there a target of how many people will go?) There is no target and restructuring has been ongoing. There is definitely not as many as four hundred people going and maybe we could find that there is no need to lose anyone at all. (People are gtting afraid, how will you be reassuring your staff?) We will be following redundancy procedures and payouts issued by the labour department regulations." When asked if this operation was the will of Ms Fong Yat Wah, Mr Ho said: "Of course not, this is a decision that was made by the executive board."

As for TVB's union representatives holding a meeting today with Councillor Lee Cheuk Yan to discuss their responses, Mr Ho says that he cannot stop this and will not interfere. As for Leung Si Ho's public expression of displeasure, Mr Ho says: "This was a decision made by the productions department and I do not know the reason for this. (The director of the artiste department didn't even know he had moved to the variety shows group?) You will have to ask the artiste department."

creds-tvbspacenews.blogspot

#15 -ah_mul-

-ah_mul-

perverted

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:38 AM

heh.. used tew h8 her..
but i guess shes pretty cool! ^_^
jush i duhnt like her wit sammul or raymond!! =P
she n francis or ron.. i gues.. =P
myolie ihz pretty in TITS
i think she should keep her hair dat wai
iliked her best wehn u see her in da airplane..
her hair waved.. =D

#16 Guests

• Guests

Posted 16 February 2004 - 10:38 PM

I like Myolie in Triumph in the Skies, she is so cute in there and I also like her hair and her cloth styles. She and Francis make a good couple in there.

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:10 PM

[Ming Pao]

Michelle Ye and Myolie Wu have recently been working together on new series "Destinies of the Western Chamber" and new rumours reporting that the two are outwardly friendly but inwardly enemies have emerged, suggesting that Myolie is unhappy about her part being cut so she is just playing a secondary role and also complaints about Michelle's lateness and absence, spreading gossip around the cast and crew.

Michelle was filming yesterday in Ma On Shan and indicated that the reports were false, adding: "We are good friends, sometimes when we work too late then Myolie will come and stay at my house. When I hurt my leg, she accompanied me to the doctors, when have we fallen out? The rumours are the same as ever and someone told me about the reports today, but we just find it rather amusing."

Michelle also refutes the stories about them fighting over screentime saying: "The script was laid out very early on. Myolie plays a maid, but this does not represent a secondary part. You can play a beggar but still be a leading role." She also says that after injuring her leg, it has improved and she has been carrying on with filming so as not to delay progress.

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 07:55 PM.

#18 whisperings

whisperings

angelic

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 03:55 PM

[Oriental Daily]

Myolie Wu appeared at a press conference for a radio drama yesterday and she was rather excited because she is singing the theme song for the show in her musical debut. She reveals she has gone for an audition to sing theme tunes for TVB, but this has not yet been confirmed.

When Myolie was asked if she is interested in entering the music industry, she says: "If I have the chance, it would be good because I do like singing a lot, but it will all be down to the company to arrange it because TVB is my management company after all. When I was studying in Ireland, I did have singing lessons as a soprano for a year and I took part in a singing competition when I was sixteen or seventeen in London. Although I didn't win, I was awarded a prize for 'Best Potential' so I hope that the record companies will approach me after hearing my song on the show!"

http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:24 PM

[The Sun & Oriental Daily]

Myolie Wu is not a singer, but she has been 'blessed' with an appearance on TVB's Jade Solid Gold music programme to perform her radio drama theme song "1+1". Myolie says that when she was studying in England, she took a year of soprano lessons and was part of a choir, so she insisted on singing live on her debut performance. She explains: "I was very nervous, but not singing live makes it seem very fake and I feel that this is the least that a singer should do." After much rehearsing, sitting and standing on stage, the results was to the standard of many experienced singers.

She also says she is currently negotiating a record deal. Although many singers are turning to television and movies in these desperate times, Myolie is not worried about it being difficult to break into the music industry as she says she will try many different genres and laughs she has signed her life away to TVB, so dramas will always be her priority.

#20 whisperings

whisperings

angelic

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:12 AM

[Ta Kung Pao]

Myolie Wu has recently become spokesperson for a drinking water company and her first TV ad for them was premiered last night. Appearing at a press conference yesterday, she wore a white and blue outfit to tie in with the company's colours in true professional style. Myolie indicates that although the ad has just been aired, she has seen many large posters all over Mongkok and she wanted to have a photo taken with the ads, but was worried about being recognised, so she daren't stick around too long. The sponsors reveal that she will be singing the theme song to the second set of ads and she says that if this is true, then it would be great. The response to her debut song "1+1" has been very good and this has given her the chance to appear on music show "Jade Solid Gold". When asked if she has been offered a recording contract, she says that she is negotiating at the moment and she would really like to try a singing career.

Talking of her fee for this deal, she says that it is nearly seven figures and laughs: "Every time the fee is very good, but I don't have time to go and spend it! (What will you do with the money?) Save it, because I like to see the money building up in my account and giving me more security. (Do you want to buy a property?) I haven't bought one before, but I don't think I will rush it because I would like to pay for it in one go and not pay interest on payments. (What type of apartment would you like?) Of course I would like a luxury home!"

Also, in response to TVB's cost cutting efforts, Myolie says: "I have taken part in an English show, but I am still new and the most important thing is opportunity and I will not worry too much about the salary. (Is it because you are a salaried artiste, so it doesn't affect you too much?) I don't really know the difference between being salaried or per-show, so I can't really comment."

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com

#21 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:39 AM

TVB's Olympic themed charity walk event in collaboration with the Community Chest will be taking place on Sunday and a press conference was held yesterday attended by representatives including Myolie Wu, Edmond Leung, Raymond Lam, Nnadia Chan and Evergreen Mak. Other stars taking part in the event will include Leon Lai, Andy Hui, 2R, Alex Fong, Ron Ng and Joe Ma along with a host of singers and artistes.

Myolie reveals that she is due to fly out to Athens for filming on Sunday evening, but she will still show her support at the event in the morning. As the weather in Athens is a little colder, so she has prepared some new outfits and she is feeling both nervous and happy about going there. Despite reports of terrorism in Athens, Myolie is not worried as she says she is a lucky person and she will have Joe Ma there to protect her. She will also avoid going out at night for her own safety. When asked whether her boyfriend was worried about her and tried to stop her going, she says that although her boyfrend told her to be careful, he will not stop her from taking on work. She believes that the company will make the necessary arrangements and will not put her in danger.

Myolie's series "Dreams of Colours" has got off to a bad start, but the ratings are starting to rise again of late. However, she will be working in Athens when the ending is aired, so she will not be able to watch it, but she is confident it will do well."

When Rain Li's former rumoured boyfriend Raymond Lam was asked about recent reports of her dating a rich boy Siu Ding Yat, he says that no matter whether it is true or not, this is their personal business and he should not get involved. However, if it is true, then he will wish Rain the best, as this is all normal behaviour for young people. Raymond says he has not been in touch with Rain for over a year now and laughs as he asks why Rain isn't introducing him to Master Siu. He admits he doesn't know about her dating and when it was suggested he should ring and ask her, he feels that this is a very intrusive act and he will not do this, unless he bumps into her, when he will ask how she is.

Raymond feels that the creativity of the magazines nowadays leaves it very difficult to determine what is true and what is false. As for his own rumours with Rain, he has always denied them and insists that he only sees her as a little sister.

www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

[News]

Myolie Wu and Joe Ma, together with a six member crew have arrived safely in Athens to film the lead up to the Olympic Games. As there have been terrorist attacks there, they immediately called to confirm their safe arrival to the producer Lee Hon Yuen. Lee says: "I have just received their call and I know that they have arrived and are preparing for filming. Everything is going smoothly and on the security front, they say that there are military police parading in Athens, but they do not feel there is anything special." Also, Lee reveals that they have arranged for a local student to meet with Myolie, Joe and the crew to make arrangements for their stay and ensure the swift completion of filming before their return on Sunday.

Also, in preparation for the welcome for the games, six stars members Ron Ng, Sammul Chan, Bosco Wong and Kenneth Ma, together with Miss Hong Kong representatives including Heidi Chu and Carrie Lee will be passing an Olympic torch through Hong Kong, Kowloon and the five regions of the New Territories in a spectacular event.

www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 07:56 PM.
removed nonenglish articles

#22 escents

escents

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:09 PM

i like her with shorter hair. she looks really cute! hehe...and i think she is very talented in acting compared to anne and sonia. she is only in tvb for not such a long time and she is one of the main character now. my favourite artist is myolie wu.

#23 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2004 - 07:01 AM

i don't know why but i've never really like myolie. i think it's her voice mainly and the parts that she plays. but she was definitely acting very well in golden faith.

#24 Guests

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

I think for someone who never took any acting lessons, she very very good. Also, compared to all the other young tvb actress, i think she has the most potential. She acted very well in Dreams of Colours

#25 tuoihong

tuoihong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

I don't know why but at times I find her very pretty. But looks aside, she is definately a good actress that has the potential to be a great one. She's very good at showing sad emotion, especially her crying.

#26 kyokofukada8888

kyokofukada8888

.l. (-_-) .l.

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:34 AM

shes getting better at acting now
shes not pretty but i really liked her acting in Dreams of Colours
sadly she didnt get to be with her "see fu" because she had to go to some far away place to continue her education
at first i really didnt like her cause of the parts she played in series but after Dreams of Colours im looking forward to seeing her other newer series
but i dont think i will really want to see her in ancient costumes cause wen i saw her in k 100 she looked even worse

#27 Guests

• Guests

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:53 AM

hix hix I love Myolie and I'm downloading her new series Dream of Colour here ...but it not available for me any more ...I need to have 80 post , so I decide to find something interesting and I found this thread about her ....glad to know all who like Myolie as me do .

I got a vietnamese article about her and here the translation from someone , of course Myolie's fan , know you guys know all these things about her but just read this ...it's interesting

Reflection of ?a new star? Wu Hang Yee

Currently, a rising actress at TVB, Wu Hang Yee has left a deep impression in the heart of audiences with her bright ecstatic smile and her vast improvement in acting day by day. In 2002, she won the Most Improvement Award at the TVB anniversary with a challenging role in Golden Faith. In 2003, her acting ability was determined in the role of Ling in Survivors Law and her name was on the list of ?Most loved TV characters?. This is an outstanding accomplishment for just four short years in the entertainment industry.

In this article, Wu Hang Yee will share with us everything that the audiences want to know: childhood, beauty, career, and love?.

Unhappy childhood
From outer appearance, everyone thinks that I?m a happy cheerful little girl. That?s the reason why directors like giving me those ?carefree, loving-life type of girl? roles. For example in series like Family Man, Golden Faith, and most currently Triumph in the Skies. But these type of characters are totally opposite from my personality.

Honestly, I?m a pretty pessimistic person, everything I do I always think about the negative facets. Even when it comes to love; I always remind myself to never expect so much because then it might leads to great disappointment. Possibly, that personality emerged from my childhood life. The year I turned 8, my parents divorced. Even though I was small, I could comprehend what a great loss that was so I became very sad. Because this happened to my parents it caused me think: don?t value something with such importance, even love because there are many things in which you cannot control.

Currently, I have a boyfriend, we have a very loving relationship. Still, I could not allow myself to be optimistic. Because only that will help me if in the future he does not love me anymore, I will not fall into a state of depression like not eating and not working like many other girls. This Wu Hang Yee will never let go of my career because of a man. My childhood is what has taught me and let me understand: the most important thing in life is your own life (oneself).

Dream to be an actress - Entering Miss HK
When I was 12, my dad sent me over to North Ailen for study. Already used to an independent life, the days spent in a strange faraway place I did not feel isolated at all, but instead I was easily adapted to a new environment. When I first transferred over there, I was a very bad student, my grades for every course would either be D or E. I always blamed myself?why so dumb. When I entered 11th grade, my class got a new student. She came from Hong Kong and she was very smart. I ask myself: ?Why is she so smart and not I??. Unexpectedly, this Hong Kong girl became my ?imaginary goal?. I tried my very best and at the end my study report (grades) leaped like a powerful tornado. I graduated with all five courses with A?s.

Due to my father?s job I couldn?t stay for college. I came back and tested into the Biochemistry major of the University of Hong Kong. Six years of studying overseas made me not so familiar with the teachings technique and studying from the homeland. That influenced my study ability greatly. Coincidentally, I met a friend who was a student at my university and was also a part time model. She persuaded me into joining Miss Hong Kong. Although not believing in my physical appearance, I still listened to her and signed up for the pageant. Because I like to act and wanting to be an actress and at the moment seems like entering the pageant would be my road to get there. Unexpectedly, I got second-runner up in the Miss Hong Kong pageant 1999 by TVB. I cried like rain when I received my award.

A Taste of the ?Entertainment Rice? ???
After I got second-runner up of that year, I decided to take a temporary break from school because I don?t want to miss that opportunity to enter the entertainment world.
Schooling is totally opposite from working. With bad grades it is one?s own fault and your own responsibility. While, if you?re not productive at work then it would affect many people. Because of that, once I entered the filming field, I would always listen carefully, learning from everything and would not stop progressing.
I took on the role of Yan-Yan ? a slightly mentally challenged girl in the series Golden Faith. Producer Tommy Leung told me that it was a very important/meaningful character of his. That?s why I cannot disappoint him, and I transformed myself into the character with all my ability. At last, I was lucky enough to receive an award for this character. Maybe because people think that it was a challenging role that I have portrayed.

Nearly four years of being an actress, the one person that has taught me the most is Francis Ng. He said that when you accept a role, the actor/actress should imagine about the live of that particular character that is not mention in the script. Or in other words, if you build a complete character including all the little details clearly then it will be easier for you to become that character when acting. Francis Ng. is the one that has helped me get rid of my awkwardness of being a ?blunt actress?? .

Nonsense Rumours
I really cannot understand why every single series I filmed always has these absurd rumours. When I filmed Survivors Law, people said that Lam Fung and I were ?fake film but real love?. Then they would say that I ?live with? Chan King Fung. God! Living in the same building but different floor levels how is that called ?living together??.unbelievable! Then when Dream of Colours were filmed, they would come up with the story how I played ?love flame? using eye signals with Tse Kwan Ho. All are rubbish news!
The most hilarious one is the story where I had a ?2-week love story? with a co-producer when the crew went over to Australia to film Triumph in the Sky. But in reality, all the co-producers of this series were FEMALES! In the early days of eating the ?entertainment rice?, I would care about the things people say about me. But now, if not too extreme, I wouldn?t even bother just to cause a headache. My boyfriend is a young guy who is half Italian and Chinese. He doesn?t know how to read Chinese so he doesn?t know about those little ridiculous rumours. But then again, only the two of us can understand our real relationship.

The Best Friend at work
People in the same work field often go against one another, so it?s hard to find a true friend. Because of that I don?t have many close friends in the acting industry. The only one where I am most close to is YeXuan. Maybe because we both have grown up from overseas that?s why she has similar views like me. Having known each other for a long time but we only became truly close while over in Australia filming for Triumph in the Skies. We shared the same room so we tell each other every little thing. Even though being three months younger she?s more matured, and earnest than me. Right now, if I encounter any sadness, bothering problems, I would find her and confide in her. She would listen and give me ideas, it?s very hard to find a friend like that.

Besides YeXuan, I have another best friend in the industry: he is Paul Chun. In both series Family Man and Golden Faith he played my father so I respect and see him like my real father. Our relationship is very close maybe because I have left home when I was young, my dad has his own family so the relationship between us is not very deep like others?.

And one more thing , I heard she sing the themes song in Destinies of the Western Chamber series , and she did record the song with Ron Ng. ........ if someone got the link ...please share with me ...I heard she sing 1plus1 song ...her voice really nice ....

Her new series summary: not much about her ^_^' ^_^'

Same Work, Same Bowl (Tung Lo Tung Bo)

Producer: Kwan Wing Chung (Net Deception, Placebo Cure)

Roger Kwok's character is originally from China, but he goes to Hong Kong. His personality is simple-minded, honest, and hardworking as he is willing to endure strenuous labour. In Hong Kong, he is faced with many obstacles, so he needs his uncle (mom?s cousin who will be played by Kenneth Ma) to take care of him and support him. However, Kenneth always devises schemes to instantly become rich as he manipulates Roger into being his money-making tool. Nephew Roger is optimistic, righteous and loyal to friendship, so he does not mind or care about what Kenneth tells him to do. Afterwards, Kenneth is moved by his loyalty; thus, both uncle and nephew are in the same work and the same bowl as they work together to make money. The two are then involved in a complex love square with Myolie Wu and Cherie Kong. The story will take place in the scenaries of the 1950s in Hong Kong. In order to make it more realistic, the producer will include historical events, such as lining up for water at specific time periods when there were water shorages, typhoons, sudden revolts, etc., so the viewers understand the past in a convincing manner. The former well-known perfume brands will also be used in their original jars and bottles. They have also arranged for the cast to sing ancient golden melodies to add a nostalgic feeling as well as capture the essence of the past

With Sheila Chan's earlier incident of being spied on whilst going to the toilet, leading to her reporting the incident to the police, Myolie Wu praises Sheila's courage and says that if the same thing happened to her, she would also have the bravery to chase the person and beat them up. Myolie says that as a woman, she cannot let these people get away with it and if anything happens, she will call out and take action.

Myolie was taking part in a promotion for a brand of toothpaste yesterday, but she says she is not a spokesperson for them nor has she made any ads for them, but she hopes this wish will come true soon. She also revealed accordingly that she uses this brand of toothpaste, so to be able to appear as a guest at the event makes her feel very honoured, but homely. She takes care over the protection of her teeth and will brush two or three times a day. Also she feels that her teeth are untidy and she feels very awkward when they are on camera, so she is wearing an invisible brace [aka'retainer'] but this treatment has been sponsored so it has saved her some money. She has been wearing it for six months now and she can remove it after another two months.

Myolie will soon be appearing in TVB's new series "Same Work Same Bowl" alongside Roger Kwok as they bring back to life the stars from the classic fifties shows. Roger will be playing "San Ma Jai" [Tang Wing Cheung - father of Johnny Tang] and Myolie will be playing Tang Bik Wan with Kenneth Ma playing Tang Kei Chan. She says that this is the first time she will be in a comedy and playing the sharp wit of Tang Bik Wan will be a challenge, as well as acting opposite Roger who is a great actor, so she feels a little pressure. As a result, she has been watching all the shows from the era recently so that she can pick up some methods of acting from her predecessors

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 07:59 PM.

#28 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:11 AM

[News]

TVB has recently set up its own recording section to promote its own artistes into singing the theme songs and sub-themes for series, keeping the benefits for their own staff. After many auditions from artistes, this policy is now in place and after the 'Six Olympic Stars' recording the TVB Olympic Games theme, there is a queue of artistes ready and waiting to record the theme songs for upcoming series.

TVB's deputy resourcing director Lok Yik Ling indicates: "The 'Olympic Stars' have recorded two songs and the response from these have been good, with some external recording companies asking if they can cover the song with their own singers. With such a good sucess, we have decided to allow the stars of some recently completed and nearly completed shows to sing their own theme songs. For example, Myolie Wu and Ron Ng will be singing the theme to 'Destinies of the Western Chamber' in a duet, Moses Chan will be doing the theme to 'Blossoming Hearts' and the first one that you will hear will be the theme to the 'Hearts of Fencing' continuation show 'Prints on Red Sands', because this show has already been scheduled to be aired in August during the summer holidays."

As for the new series 'Treasure in the Family' starring Alex Fong (Lik San) and Hawick Lau, although the new policy means that Hawick will have the chance to sing a song for the show, the theme will still belong to singing star Alex. Producer Wong Sum Wai explains: "Before the policy came into place, we had already discussed the theme tune with Alex as part of the package for him to appear in the show, so this remains unaffected."

[News]

Myolie Wu has been heavily promoted by TVB recently and not only is she leading more and more shows, she has even been invited to appear in Sam Hui's comeback concert as a guest as her popularity rises. However, with her rise in fame, she has also been accused of being more arrogant in her attitude. Earlier, Myolie was invited to give a demonstration at Wong Pui Ha's Yoga school and when asked about her recent negative press, her 'changing faces' performance far outshone her yoga.

The origins of the rumours stemmed from the costume fitting for new series "Same Work Same Bowl", where she was rather unco-operative and was accused of being very arrogant. When she was asked about this by the press, she immediately put away her smile and turned her attitude through 360 degrees, asking the reporters in return: "Where did you get this news?"

The reports suggest that at the fitting, she refused to have her photo taken on the grounds that she had not put on her make-up yet, and is was noted that her tone of voice was very unfriendly and her attitude rather antagonising. When asked whether she acted like this as a result of her promotion from the company leaving her rather proud, she said curtly: "The news likes to compare these things, but maybe I have had more exposure lately and you have been looking too hard. However, this type of news is difficult to avoid."

As for her earlier appearance in the run of ten of Sam's concerts, leading to criticisms of singing out of tune and a poor performance, was this because she was too nervous? She immediately responded again: "Which magazine wrote this? This is what they are like, I felt my performance was okay." When asked whether she would be taking part in Sam's additional shows at the end of the month, she says that she will leave this to the company to arrange.

[News]

TVB's new drama set in the backdrop of the sixties "Same Work Same Bowl" held its official costume fitting yesterday and the cast members used the old Cantonese films as a blueprint for their appearances as well as adopting a slant on some veteran actors for their character names. Roger will be playing "Tang Wai Cheung" (Tang Wing Cheung), Myolie's character is "Cheng Pik Wan" (Tang Pik Wan) and others include Kenneth Ma's "Tang Keng Chan" (Tang Kei Chan), Cherrie Kong's "Ling Fung", Wayne Lai's "Tse Kwan Min", Chun Wong's "Ling Sing Bo", Wong Yeuk Tung's "Dik Lai Na" and Lo Yuen Yan's "Lam Lan Hing".

Roger and Kenneth play an uncle and nephew in the show and for yesterday's event, they both dressed up as maids. Roger laughed that they were the 'Twins of the Sixties' and in order to play his role well, he has been watching many of Brother Cheung's films, fifteen or sixteen of them to be exact, but unfortunately there are very few close ups in those days and he could not catch Brother Cheung's expressions very well and he will have to improvise on these. Roger laughs: "I will give you a fresher look at Brother Cheung."

As Tang's figure was rather slimly built, Roger has had to lose some weight for the role and at the moment he has lost five or six pounds and is aiming to lose another five. Roger laughs: "No matter how slim I get, I will never be as skinny as Brother Cheung, so I can only sacrifice my eyebrows, making them into a downwardly sloping triangular shape." Remembering that Roger had to gain weight to play Ah Wong in "Square Pegs" and now he has to lose weight to play Tang, he is really showing his professionalism. He feels that the hardest thing to do is lose weight because he has to hold back on food, especially his supper habit, which he is trying to kick by going to sleep earlier.

As for playing a well known character, does Roger feel any pressure from this? He says: "No pressure really, because if there is pressure, I will not perform as well, so I treat it as a bit of fun and this summer should be the most fun ever." With so many stars in the sixties, Roger's favourite was Cheung Ying because he was very stylish when he wore his raincoat. As for female stars, he likes Tam Lan Hing because he wished for her to be his mother as she was rather rotund and gave a very motherly feeling. Although she often played the baddie, she always turned good in the end.

Roger's show "To Get Unstuck in Time" that is currently airing has been accused of copying the Hollywood movie "Frequency" and he responds: "It is a great copy! To be able to copy Hollywood is a good thing, copying Bollywood is not so great." He believes that many of the great literary works in the world are copies, but it doesn't matter as long as it is good. He says he has watched "Frequency" and he says it is not a bad film at all.

Myolie has also been watching old movies in preparation for her role and she praises Tang Pik Wan be being the true multi-talented queen of the screen because she can be whatever role she plays. Myolie says: "Sister Pik is deeply set in people's hearts as many viewers will have watched her performance before, so I am quite nervous and hope that I can capture her spirit. (Do you want to be the Queen of TVB?) Of course, but I would hope more that I can learn a lot from filming this show."

Myolie will undertake a lot of roles in the show, including a factory worker, street hawker and a lounge singer, where she will once again show off her singing voice. When asked whether she is confident in her singing, she smiles: "It's okay! I believe that the focus will be on comedy, so it will not depend too heavily on my singing talent."

Kenneth Ma admitted that he looks awful dressed as a woman and as for his character modelled on Tang Kei Chan, he says that he does not look like Tang, but he hopes to make up for it by his expressions. At the moment, Kenneth and Roger are studying their scripts with Lo Koon Lan helping them out on the side.

As for Wong Yeuk Tung who will be taking on the role of veteran Dik Na, she was asked whether she was cast into the role because of her figure. She says: "You will have to ask the producer that question. I have watched Dik Na's films and I am learning how she breathes and also keeping fit. (Will you appear in a bikini scene?) I don't think so, but it doesn't matter if I do as it is acceptable." Earlier, Yeuk Tung was filming a shoot for a magazine and it was commented that she does look like Dik Na.

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 08:01 PM.

#29 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:35 AM

Roger Kwok and Myolie Wu were filming on location yesterday for "Same Work Same Bowl" and although the intense heat left them both sweating profusely, they still remembered to shower each other with praises as Myolie commended Roger for bringing her into the scene and Roger showed his admiration for Myolie's singing in the style of the old Cantonese classics. They revealed that they will be singing a lot of little tunes and Roger laughs: "I hope that it will be like 'Old Time Buddies', not only releasing an album, but also taking the show to the stage and making another packet!"

Myolie was afraid of being mistaken for having had another period of puberty or breast implants, so she pointed out: "I have added an extra pad, it makes it a lot hotter, but it also acts as a sponge, soaking up my sweat! The worst thing about it is that if I lift up my arms, the buttons on my costume come apart really easily and that would be very embarrassing, so I have to put some clothes on underneath. She also says taht this is just for the needs of the show: "I am very happy with my figure, so I will not have implants because that would be too fake. I also can't accept putting something inside because I am afraid my body will reject it or it will have to be taken out when I am older."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a59cnt.html

Credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

[Oriental Daily]

Roger Kwok and Myolie Wu were filming earlier for TVB's new series "Same Work Same Bowl" on location in Sheung Wan and the two sat dangerously at the top of a four-storey tall embankment and shot a scene where they shared their feelings and those looking on were sweating with fear for them.

The scene tells of Myolie's brother refusing to go to a famous school because his family could not afford it, but Myolie had mistaken him for wasting the opportunity and was so angry she was in tears. Roger comforts her and when Myolie becomes tired, she falls asleep on Roger's shoulder in a tender moment.

Although the scene was a sweet one, behind the cameras, the couple were not at all comfortable, because if they were not careful on the precarious ledge, they would fall and so they had to stay still for the whole time. Little wonder that when Roger got up, his legs were so numb that he had to limp to the sides and was constantly rubbing his muscles.

Having a great fear of heights, Roger has earlier filmed a scene jumping off a building and now balanced on top of this ledge, he was asked if he was afraid being so high up. He says: "Of course I was scared, it was so high! At least was not so afraid that my legs started shaking."

Working with Myolie for the first time, he praises her for her acting talent, being able to cry as she wishes and to control it well. He says: "She is really good, she cries in an instant. I have never worked with her and I thought she had been in the industry for a long time, but it has only been four or five years. I have asked her what her secret is, because it is very difficult to keep a mood."

[The Sun]

Roger Kwok and Myolie Wu were filming on location in the streets of Central earlier for "Same Work Same Bowl" in a scene where Myolie's brother in the show dies and Roger calls her out to comfort her. In response to TVB's recent compromise for its more valuable artistes, with Jessica Hsuan receiving very favourable terms for her renewal, Roger says: "I feel that the company has always given me a great degree of freedom and I have just recently renewed my contract with them. Although the mainland companies have very high expectations of more popular artistes, but the company arranges things very well."

It turns out that Myolie has also recently renewed her contract and when asked what terms she had asked for, she says: "I didn't ask for anything because I am still quite new and dare not ask for too much. After all, the company has been very good to me all along." She also says obediently: "I did ask for more work because this is the time to push myself hard and if I was too free, then it would be bad!"

[Oriental Daily & The Sun]

Roger Kwok and Myolie Wu were filming at the Shaw Brothers (Clearwater Bay TV City) studios yesterday for "Same Work Same Bowl", where there was a special memory lane market place set built for the show. In the scene, Roger's character is pursuing Myolie's character and in order to win her affections, he has to eat some rancid dumplings, so no wonder Myolie is touched by him and he finally wins her heart.

In order to recreate a scene from the late Tang Pik Wan's classic "Sister Ho sells Dumplings", Myolie has to act out "Sister Wan sells Dumplings" in the show and the crew had provided her with a steamer full of real dumplings. In order to get close to her, Roger often comes to buy them from her and chat her up in the process. As the sun was shining, the temperature was in the thirties and causing the dumplings, fried shellfish and dried seafood to give out a rather nasty odour, but Roger still had to put them into his mouth and seem to be enjoying it.

Myolie says that she only has to sell the dumplings, but Roger and some of the extras have to put them in their mouths. She also reveals that Roger is quite smart in order to reduce the number he has to eat, he improvised and added a few more lines. Although Myolie did not have to eat the dumplings, working under the intense heat still made her feel a little unwell.

However, Roger did not mind eating the smelly dumplings, saying that he can only believe the prop team colleagues when they said that the dumplings were fine. HOwever, he says that he will not be eating the seafood because he might end up with cholera. Roger also revealed that on the Chinese midsummer a few days ago, it was extremely hot and the director saw how uncomfortable everyone was and allowed them all to finish work two hours early to go home and rest. Roger denies this was not as a result of the recent criticisms of TVB working practices leading to accidents. He says that having worked at TVB for so many years, there has always been space for discussion and whenever you cannot take it, then as long as you explain to the director that you will be two or three hours late, then they can make the necessary arrangements and not have to wait around, so they will not mind. As for the good results of his recent series "To Get Unstuck in Time", Roger says: "The producer says that this is the highest rated show for this year. (Will you go and celebrate?) I have not had time yet because I have been filming."

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 08:02 PM.

#30 Guests

• Guests

Posted 02 August 2004 - 10:28 AM

News:

Myolie Wu and Cherrie Kong were filming in Sheung Wan for "Same Work Same Bowl" yesterday in a scene where Cherrie mistakes Myolie for going out with many men and slaps her on Roger Kwok's behalf.

Before the start of filming, Cherrie was very nervous and said: "Because I don't know how to hold back the strength, it would be terrible if I really hit Myolie." Conversely, Myolie was very accepting over it and laughed that she would rather Cherrie really hit her: "That would make it easy to get into character!" Although the director only requested that they used the camera angles for the shot, they still NG'ed five or six times and Cherrie joked: "I'll save a little strength, because the four of us leads still have to go and record the theme song later and I need to save my breath!" The series will be heading out to Zhongshan early next month to film on location.

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#31 Exile

Exile

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:54 PM

I like Myolie! I've always liked her. I think the first time she made an impression on me (by this I mean, the first time I noticed her, hehe) was in "Eternal Happiness", she was the sweet girl who had an evil family. She did pretty okay-ish for a newbie.

I wanna watch "Dream of Colours". I hear it is actually pretty good. Myolie looks pretty in the fashion clothes, Rain Li improves, and so do Sharon and Myolie. As someone has already asked, can someone tell me if there is a direct download to her song? Also, are there any new series coming out with Myolie in it?

#32 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:25 PM

Currently Myolie is only working on "Same Work Same Bowl", and her upcoming series is "Lost in the Chamber of Love" that she will pair up with Ron in there. I think the website Myoland has her "1+1" song, but that site currently shut down and will open back really soon. So you guys can check back her website sometimes later.

The link is http://www.just-go.to/myoland

Edited by MiracleHope, 04 August 2004 - 07:27 AM.

#33 Guests

• Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:22 AM

Spoiler

Turn back to Myolie ; heheh you guys should watch Dream Of Colours if you her fans ^__^ Just one word to say "Awsome" (not really a word hehe) ; I'm looking forward to watch Lost in the Chamber of Love ( not Lost as MicracleHope said ; I guess)

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 07:58 PM.

#34 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:42 AM

Yup! "Lost in the Chamber of Love" is the one with Ron Ng, Michelle Ye, and Kenneth Ma. I heard it may release in Hong Kong after "Twins of Brother", hope it's true. And also, Ron and Myolie will sing the themesong for this series, can't wait to hear it :)

Spoiler

Anyway, we are here to support Myolie, right, heehee :worship . Oh, thanks for upload the song "1+1" I saw some people asking for it, but can't help them, glad you did it clapclap

Edited by themissingpiece, 03 August 2008 - 07:57 PM.

#35 Guests

• Guests

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:25 AM

I think that Myolie Wu is very cute in every ways. I really like her. she is my favorite actress because she is so talented. I have watched every single series that she was in. she is the best!!!!! anyways, i really like Myolie in Dream of Colours because she was so cute in that series. i think that she did a great job playing that role. that role seem to match her personality. I also like the series TITS and Net Deception. Myolie and Jack are the cutest couple. i love them in Net Deception.

#36 cowtown

cowtown

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

Personal favorite series of Myolie's would be:

1)Survivor's Law
2)Dreams of Colour
3)Net Deception
4)Golden Faith
5)Triumph in the Skies
6)Doomed to Oblivion
7)and basically all her other series, tho her roles were smaller, but she still did a great job!

Of cos, i'm still waiting for LITCOL and SWSB to come out...especially SWSB because it has myolie and roger together...my favorite actress and actor repectively!!! :worship

#37 Guests

• Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:02 AM

[Oriental Daily]

Roger Kwok and Kenneth Ma donned their 'old maid' costumes yesterday in a final scene for "Same Work Same Bowl". After singing a set of songs on the stage, Roger appeared not to have had enough as he picked up his guitar off the stage and pretended to propose to a rather amused Myolie, creating his own style of romance and making Myolie very happy indeed. She indicates that she has had great chemistry with Roger in the show and hopes that they will get the best partner award in the anniversary awards. She says: "I have never filmed a series where I can't stop laughing, it was great fun! I feel like it went very quickly and all that is left is some location shooting in Zhongshan in September, so I really miss it and I hope there will be a sequel or at least the cast and crew can meet again in another series."

Myolie was praised by the producer for really capturing the character based on the veteran diva Tang Pik Wan and she smiles: "I never think about winning the best actress award at the anniversary, but I would like to take the best partnership award with Roger. I don't think we will make it this year though."

In the show, Wong Yeuk Tung playes the role of Dik Na, but she was mocked for not being curvy enought. She jokes: "I have already used two (bras), is that not enough? It doesn't need to be so exaggerated, as long as I have done my best to meet the requirements." She adds laughingly: "In the show I have to flirt in nearly every scene and seduce people, then swindle them. I am not afraid of setting my character style though as I can't worry too much. If I do well, then people will like me and help me cahnge my roles. Take Ada Choi for example, she started off in not so straight roles, but she is still very popular now."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a62cnt.html

credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#38 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:04 AM

[Ta Kung Pao]

Myolie Wu took part in the opening ceremony for "Gourmet Expo 2004" yesterday as a guest and she indicated that she has always loved to eat, so she will be taking a look around at the event. Recently, she has been busy filming and the little sleep has left her a little hoarse, but she will be working through the night hosting the Olympic Games opening ceremony, so she is speaking softly to rest her voice.

Myolie says that it was an honour to be alongside Nancy Sit at the opening ceremony yesterday and she took the opportunity to ask Nancy to introduce her to William Hung. She says that she admires William for being lovable and determined, with his own targets and knowing how to fight for what he wants. Myolie also says that everyone has the chance to fight for their own ambitions and she hopes that William can be a role model for students. She laughs that if she had not taken part in Miss Hong Kong, then she would never have become an actor. When asked if she would have entered a competition like "Pop Idol" if she had not taken part in Miss Hong Kong, she says that there may have been a chance because she loves singing and she encourages people to do more exciting things whilst they are young.

http://www.takungpao...3/UL-293351.htm

#39 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 03:33 AM

oh btw yangirl. do u think u can put the mpeg version of the performance somewhere? I noticed the first link was a mpeg, but later u changed it to asf. asf is very blurry, so u think u can share the mpeg somewhere? tytyty

I'm really not sure what you mean, but if you are looking for Myolie's songs and performance, you can try at Myoland website. This is a great site and it also has alot of Myolie's news, pictures, MTV, etc.

Here is the link http://www.just-go.to/myoland

#40 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:50 PM

[Ta Kung Pao 31/08/04]

Roger Kwok, Myolie Wu, Cherie Kong, Kenneth Ma and Wong Yeuk Tung were among the cast members from "Same Work Same Bowl" who headed out to Zhongshan yesterday for the location filming. As this shoot will only last until mid-September, they did not take too much luggage with them.

As Myolie had to host the closing ceremony for the Olympic Games, she was only able to return home to pack at 5am and catch an hours sleep before heading out to the harbour. Luckily she does not have to start working straight away when she reaches Zhongshan, just appearing at a short ceremony before being able to rest. Among Myolie's luggage are the boredom-busting VCD's and CD's as well as some cup noodles for emergencies because she does not know what the food will be like there.

http://www.takungpao...1/UL-300274.htm
Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/
[Summarized to Main]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: myolie wu, wu hang yee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users