AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Belinda Hamnett Hon Kwan Ting (韓君婷)

belinda hamnett hon kwan ting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
94 replies to this topic

#1 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:31 AM

Posted Image
Name: Belinda Hamnet
Cantonese: Hon Kwun-Ting
Height: 5.5

Filmography:
Troublesome Night 6 (2000)
Dance of a Dream (2001)
Women from Mars (2002)
Love For All Seasons (2003)
Diva - Ah Hey (2003)
Bless the Child (2003)[V]
Men Suddenly in Black (2003)[cameo]
The Princess of Temple Street (2003)[V]
Love is a Many Stupid Thing

Series:
Vigilante Force
Not Just A Pretty Face
Point Of No Return
To Catch the Uncatchable
Women on the Run

Edited by Zyphere, 27 November 2005 - 06:06 PM.

#2 anneheung11

anneheung11

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 06:39 AM

I think she did a pretty aright job in "Point of No Returns" but sadly she didn't end up with anyone but she could have ended up with Julian but i prefer Julian with Charmaine

#3 Ryusan

Ryusan

Master & Commander

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 04:16 PM

She is very pretty, she have a mix of chinese and western race.
That's very nice, because half-breeds are almost beautiful.
Her acting is also good.
Now she decreased some of her body.

#4 BORNINHK

BORNINHK

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

She has played in the ATV-series about Fat Cat(Fei Mau).
BTW from which country is her dad?

Edited by BORNINHK, 11 July 2004 - 05:28 PM.

#5 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 04:09 PM

She is cute.  I love her in Vigilante Force.  At first I thought she was European  blush

she was in vigilante force??
i dont remember seeing her in that series
what role did she play?? ^_^'

#6 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:39 AM

hmm...if i remember correctly, she played one of the cops that worked on bowie

she was recently in the movie "love is a many stupid thing"

#7 gossip80

gossip80

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3651 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:11 AM

here's a pic of her:

Posted Image

she looks pretty good in this pic

isn't she half chinese and half something else?

#8 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 04:32 PM

News on TCTU -

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 27/08/04]

*** WARNING: SPOILERS FOR "TO CATCH THE UNCATCHABLE" ***

Belinda Hamnett and Cheung Chi Kwong were appearing as guests at a real estate promotion yesterday and spoke about the ending of "To Catch the Uncatchable" and the displeasure of the audience at the death of Dayo's character, leading TVB to change the ending to a happy one. Belinda indicates that before the ending was aired, all the cast had watched it and there were no objections, so they never imagined that the response would be so great. She has heard the comments from many housewife fans as well as young girls who hoped for a sequel. Cheung Chi Kwong is very supportive of a sequel because a good story should be continued. He admits that after the ending was aired, a lot of viewers were very unhappy and he hopes that he can see a happy ending too. When TVB received a huge number of complaints, the press immediately contacted the producer, but there was no response.

Also, TVB's External Affairs Assistant Director Tsang Sing Ming indicates that up to yesterday, a total of 83 calls had been taken regarding this issue and as TVB would like to take on board viewer comments, they have decided to re-edit some of the scenes filmed previously to make a short 'viewer's choice' ending lasting a few minutes that will be aired on "Jade Starbiz", with Dayo Wong commenting on the ending in person. Producer Tsui Ching Hong indicates that the huge response was probably because the majority of viewers find the tragic art ending difficult to accept. When asked if this was a planned publicity stunt, he laughs that it is not so sinister. As for whether there will be a sequel, he says that they will consider it but it will be at least six months before they begin filming because it will need some preparation.

http://www.takungpao...7/UL-298796.htm

Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 07/09/04]

Belinda Hamnett appeared at a promotion yesterday for Guess Watches wearing a tight fitting top and a denim skirt and seemed to have put on some weight around her waist and hips. Belinda indicates that her contract with the slimming company expired a while ago and she is keeping fit by doing exercise now. When it was mentioned that she seems to have put on weight again, she says that as she was busy earlier, then she has become a little fatter, but now she is back to her usual figure. When asked if her lower body was bigger, she said: "No." When asked about the bandage around a finger on her right hand, she explained that she caught her hand in a car door by accident earlier and it became very swollen and painful, so she has been to the doctor and luckily has not injured her bone.

http://www.takungpao...7/UL-302774.htm

#9 kukuri

kukuri

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:18 PM

The first time I saw her was in "My Date with a Vampire 2". I thought she was full Europrean until I read some info about her. ^_^'

#10 candy.rain

candy.rain

Shazz

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2017 posts

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:49 PM

i think shes an alrite actress.
i first saw her in 'not just a pretty face'
i thot she couldnt speak canto properly but i was surprised when she started speakin. ^_^'

#11 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:22 AM

Belinda Hamnett's birthday happens to fall on the mid-autumn festival this year. She'll be celebrating it with a group of friends, but there's no prince charming in sight just yet.

Attending an opening ceremony for a French cosmetic company yesterday, Belinda said she had been busy preparing for her birthday party the whole morning. It will be a barbecue, but she'll cook something herself, and the friends she invites will mostly be TVB staff who don't get a chance to show glamour on screen. Belinda explains that their work is very important, and she wants to show her gratitude to them. She has also told them they can bring bachelors to the party, because she likes to give herself a chance.

As for her birthday present, Belinda got a 2-carat diamond ring and a pair of diamond earrings from her father. She admits her father pampers her a lot, and even her mother gets jealous. Instead of asking her to find a man and get married soon, her father often says there's no need to hurry, because he'll always take care of her. "If I do get married in the future, he'll be a jealous father-in-law for sure!" Belinda laughs.

http://www.wenweipo....80007&cat=011EN

Edited by m1ss, 03 February 2006 - 06:37 PM.

#12 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:29 PM

The first time i saw her was in My date with a vampire.. and she was a british vampire..with curly blonde hair.. i was like omg she look so british and abit of azn as well.. and so pwetty too!!! then i saw her in viligant in the mask and i was like omg i can see her azn side now!!! She really pwetty...i rekon .. and mix aswell so thats kewl...like meeh!!!

#13 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:50 AM

i found a little news on Belinda but it's not a lot so hope u guys n girls understand.

[Ta Kung Pao & Oriental Daily 29/09/04]

The third episode in the new series of "Super Trio Show" was recorded two days ago and guests included Andy Hui, Shawn Yue, Stephanie Cheng, Belinda Hamnett, Ruby Wong and Lam Suet. There were sparks right from the start when Eric Tsang asked Shawn if he won the award for Best Male Singer, what would be better about him than Andy? Shawn replied awkwardly: "I am a little bit younger than him." At this point, Andy, who was standing to one side immediately rushed onto the stage pretending to be angry and shocking Shawn into running away. Andy then pointed at Shawn and joked: "You will have a day when you are old!"

During a game, Eric make them yell insults at each other and Shawn and Stephanie were at each others necks, with Stephanie even bordering on using a rude expletive that caused a few gasps from the audience. Also Lam Suet's mispronounciation of 'so easy' made it sound like he too was swearing, but Chin Ka Lok supported him, saying it was just a pronunciation error. Lam explains that he is from Tianjin, so his Cantonese is not perfect and sometimes he has to ask the director to change the script to accommodated this. As for nearly swearing, he shook his head and said: "At the time I was a little frightened, I never though it would be so easy to get into trouble." Stephanie explained that she did not mean to be rude: "Shawn and I are from the same record company, so I know he is a good sport, but next time I will be more careful." Shawn also denies that there are any personal conflicts between him and Stephanie, laughing that they were just stirring up some atmosphere because they knew each other well. As for him calling out all night to win the $5000 cash prize and then not winning it, he says he does not mind because he took nearly $100,000 in prizes.

Also, last week's first episode of the show aired on Sunday and gained average ratings of 28 points, peaking at 31 points. This is not a bad result, but the seaweed eating contest received some complaints. Producer Chan Chi Kau indicates that every time they air the show there are complaints, but these are dealt with by the company and the games in future episodes will be rearranged accordingly. Jerry Lamb responded to the complaints about the show being a bad influence on children, saying that people should not be so critical of gameshows because they are designed to bring happiness. He laughs: "Hong Kong people look at other people with moral standards, but have a different stance when it comes to teaching their own children. With only five complaints, if we change because of them, then how will we react to the complaints of the other several million people?"

Creditsa to
http://www.takungpao...9/UL-311634.htm

#14 mecano

mecano

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

I think she grew up in HK. That's why she speaks so good Cantonese. I'm from overseas and her Cantonese is much better than mine.
And in photos sometimes she looks more Asian and other times more Asian like this picture.

Posted Image

And I've found a biography of her http://primolam.tripod.com/bio.htm
It's in Chinese though. But she has 4 brothers, her nickname is Gei Mooi Jai (how could it be otherwise?!) means western girl.

#15 Teufel66

Teufel66

Nobody Knows

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:18 PM

I started off disliking her in Not Just a Pretty Face.
And then Point of No Return...
She sorta was tagging on to lead males in her series...
But afer TCTU I find her to be okay.
She's pretty hot :D
Liked her character in TCTU, her acting is okay.
I'll have to say she's pretty attractive, but I heard she was Miss Asia.
:shock pretty but not that pretty.

#16 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 03:05 AM

Belinda's acting in TCTU was pretty. She has that unique eurasia look. i think a few years ago, she started to gain weight, but she soon lost them . can anyone confirm this?

#17 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:43 AM

yeah she did become a spokeperson for some slimming company i think last year and did loose a lot of weight but looks like she's kind of gaining them back now.

#18 ahwoonjai

ahwoonjai

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

She came to NY for a concert with Chi Lam on October 17. And I went to see the concert. But before the concert, I actually bumped into her in the airport. I got to talked to her for a few minutes and took a pic with her. She looks so pretty in person. She was so nice! And during the concert I actually got to shook her hand when she got off the stage and she actually remember me. She looked surprised to see me again. And Chi Lam looks so cuteee!!! hehe..I got some concert pics if anyone want to see...let me know!

#19 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:46 PM

she's cute...so which is her real name? there's 2 on da 1st post...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They`re both her names, only it`s different because of language. Some celebrities might have stage names instead of using their real name.

#20 Goolo

Goolo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 11:40 AM

yeh....i think most celebrities change their name to sumthin that sounds good .....
belinda can't gain weight eh??? because she's in contract with slimming company?

#21 MissHongKongFan

MissHongKongFan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 12:08 AM

I love her, she's SOOOO cute!!

Can anyone tell me how she's mixed? haha... is she 1/4 or 1/2 chinese? Also... what's the other side? German?

#22 amidaladown

amidaladown

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:31 PM

when she first won miss asia, she had a classic look to her. she was a really elegant dresser, but ever since she moved to tvb, she doesn't look as refined. if i remember correctly, it was here mother who is chinese. I think I saw her on the miss asia pagent with belinda.

Edited by amidaladown, 13 February 2005 - 10:32 PM.

#23 valo

valo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:43 AM

does she know how to read and write chinese? and i think its amazing that she can speak perfect canto without an accent. she does understand it too right? lol

#24 Tenshiwong

Tenshiwong

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:00 AM

she's so cute and i love her acting! In PONR she looked like a doll.. so beautiful.. It was a bit sad that Julian (chilam) didn't love her.. IN TCTU she was also cute.. acting like a madam :) Her chinese is great.. I think she grew up in HK..

#25 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:24 AM

Her looks....not bad, good looking but not seductive enough. She isnt always in the main character as well. Anyway, hope she do well . :iloveyou:

#26 deepfan

deepfan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:39 PM

when did she move to TVB? i still remmeber watching her handing over the award to mr asia 1998..she was pretty skinny then? so when did she put on weight? shes skinny again now..hehe but shes quite good at acting....i hope to see her in more series soon!

so where does she come from? was she born in hk or elsewhere?

#27 amezames

amezames

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:19 AM

I think belinda looks really pretty in Women on a Run, but the show is soo broing i dont really watch it anymore, but when i do watch i only watch because of her. and also in hh3 shes the mother of joe, does anybody kno if shes actually gonna APPEAR????

#28 bakzhang

bakzhang

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2121 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:35 AM

seems like she has lost quite a lot of weight...but still, i find her somehow weird ..with mixtures of chinese+western features. The most beautiful half-breed person I know so far is one of the oil of olay model(i dont know what her name is)

#29 babycheenuh*.

babycheenuh*.

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 02:17 AM

I think belinda looks really pretty in Women on a Run, but the show is soo broing i dont really watch it anymore, but when i do watch i only watch because of her. and also in hh3 shes the mother of joe, does anybody kno if shes actually gonna APPEAR????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I think Belinda looks really pretty & skinny in Women On The Run. I don't know if the series is boring cause I didn't watch it yet. ;x But Belinda lost a lot of weight. A few years ago, I saw her in the Super Trio Show & she was fatfatfat with short hair. :whistle

#30 Guest_n3kozuki_*

Guest_n3kozuki_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 05:22 AM

overall i quite like her and i think shes pretty...but the thing is she can look really really really bad as well...

and does anyone remember her when she was fat a few years ago...i could hardly tell it was her back then..

#31 cinseto

cinseto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 07:00 PM

Belinda Reveals Bernice is Crazy

Bernice Liu, Belinda Hamnett and Joyce Tang have been filming for an ad together earlier and when the three ladies got together, the conversation didn't stop as they revealed each others shortcomings.

During filming, Belinda mocked Bernice for being the most 'covered up' despite being the spokesperson for their product. To this, Bernice responded: "I play a doctor in the ad, so I can't show myself too much. I've let you two steal the show." Belinda later on laughed that despite being in Hong Kong for so long, Bernice still speaks Chinese like a foreigner and adds: "She must be a mental patient pretending to be a doctor. She literally translated 'sweet and sour pork' into 'Sweet Sour Pig' - that was so funny!" Bernice laughed when she heard this and admitted that her Cantonese was not as good as 'foreigner' Belinda. "After all, she grew up in Hong Kong, so she must be better than me. She has been teaching me to do Chinese tongue twisters such as 'Di Di Dog'."

The Sun 05/08/05

credits to http://www.tvbspacen...05/roundup.html

#32 Simaz

Simaz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:34 AM

i like Belinda when i first saw he in Vigilante Force! she just immediately stood out, maybe it's because she looks western, and with that you'd expect her to speak in broken cantonese but she doesn't it's perfect!

#33 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:46 AM

I don't really like her, she stills has a strong accent and her mixed western and asian looks seems a weird but thats my own opinion. She doesn't really have much of the body either so I'm not sure why she would make a remark on "Belinda mocked Bernice for being the most 'covered up' despite being the spokesperson for their product".

#34 Erynnectt

Erynnectt

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:12 AM

I have seen her in TVB for quite some time already. However, seems like she has yet to land a big breakthrough and is still doing little jobs here and there; hosting & acting. Her acting is not too bad to me but somehow she has only done small roles or some supporting roles. Glad that she has her opportunity at last in WOTR. I am enjoying that show a lot.

#35 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

Troublesome Night 6 (2000)
Dance of a Dream (2001)
Women from Mars (2002)
Love For All Seasons (2003)
Diva - Ah Hey (2003)
Bless the Child (2003)[V]
Men Suddenly in Black (2003)[cameo]
The Princess of Temple Street (2003)[V]
Herbal Tea (2004)
Love is a Many Stupid Thing (2004)
Where is Mama's Boy? (2005)

#36 Simaz

Simaz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:34 AM

i think her time in the leading role spot light will come soon! i think she's a very good actress, she has that presence that draws your attention!

#37 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:39 AM

Her chinese is really good. Where did she grow up?

#38 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:34 PM

Berlinda Hamnet, she's kind of pretty. She speaks really good Chinese for a real mix white girl. Dont' mind watching in some of tvb's series. She lost alot of weight, she looks alot better now then when she was fat.

#39 Simaz

Simaz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:31 AM

i just saw in Catch The Uncatchable, she doesn't look too attractive as a police woman with her hair tied back!

#40 Pink Frost

Pink Frost

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

i quite like her charcetr in women on the run. the four of them are so funy, remind me of the four in VOH

i quite like her charcetr in women on the run. the four of them are so funy, remind me of the four in VOH