#161 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image

Ah Sa praised Ronald Cheng for knowing what is best

Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) was full of smiles when she attented "Hunger 30" activities yesterday. Ronald Cheng, her rumored boy friend usually keeping very quiet about his private life. But the other day when he was interviewed, he told reporters that their relationship is stable. Ah Sa was asked if that report was true? She laughed but did not reply. When she was asked again if her relationship with Ronald is stable? Ah Sa smiled and said "Kung Hei Fa Choy, good health." (Did you visit his family during the Lunar New Year?) Ah Sa said "No!" (Is that because he went to Japan with his family therefore you couldn't visit them?) Ah Sa just smiled but did not answer. Speaking about Ronald hasn't got any other gossips in the press lately, reporter asked Ah Sa if he is dating her only? Again Ah Sa kept quiet, but smiles a lot. Reporter said they were caught in camera that they were meeting up near the harbor to see a movie; Ah Sa couldn't keep quiet any more. She took a deep breath and said "I will change the meeting place so that it won't be easy for people to find out." (Ronald said you are a good female friend.) Ah Sa replied happily "Of course he knows what is best, he is also a good male friend" (How are you two going to spend the Valentine's Day to?) Ah Sa said she will be working in Fuzhou. (What Valentine's present are you giving him?) Ah Sa said no.(What did you give him last year?) She replied "I can't remember. My memories are getting worse, keep on forgetting the lines in the script. I have been taking "Natutral Factors PS IQ" for a few days; hopefully it will help with my memory." Ah Sa also told reporters she went to Gillian Chung's (Ah Gill) house for the New Year's greeting and got a lucky red pack from Ah Gill's mom.

Source:MingPao
Translator:dragon888@AEU/AVN

#162 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

Source: On.cc
Translated by: Matchbox @ http://mediachamber.net

Miriam Yeung is afraid she might accidentally poison Ronald Cheng

Miriam Yeung appeared on the show "Beautiful Cooking II" and specifically invited a chef to be her helper assistant. The reporter asked her whether she was afraid host Ronald Cheng would go easy on the points and that people may think he favors her. Miriam smiled and said "I won't poison him." She said that she has never felt so scared before. She also joked while looking at Ronald "When I look at you I am afraid I might accidentally poison you." Ronald said that he won't go easy on the points.

#163 faithict

faithict

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Does anyone has the pinyin lyrics and the translation to this song 有種 - by ronald cheng? It is pretty old song. thanks!

#164 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

Ronald Cheng eyes red reluctantly gives up Ah Sa
Thursday March 18, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image Posted Image

Ronald Cheng and Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) dated for 6 years, and suddenly announced their break up the day before yesterday, making them the media's main focus. Yesterday, Ronald, Stephy Tang, Gigi Leung and Alex Fong attended the press conference for their new film <Once Upon A Chinese Classic> in GuangZhou. The Hong Kong media surrounded Ronald for interviews even before the conference started. It was rumored that the break up was due to Ronald being a playboy, he expressed: "You ask me, of course I won't admit it. You should ask Ah Sa. (Is it because of a third party?) Not at all, we both feel that its the best for us. (Because you were rumored with Angelababy, so Ah Sa broke up with you based on her instincts?) This is clearly for the film's promotions." Ronald implied that the rumors were for <All Well Ends Well 2010> promotion.

On the day the two announced their break up, there were rumors that they were already married, towards this Ronald expressed: "Right now, I have already said too much about my private life. Before the rumors about breaking up and then the secret marriage has led to too many unnecessary speculations. (You didn't denied to the marriage rumors, so there are many speculations?) That's because I don't want to have any more speculations, I just feel that its better that way. I don't want the rumors to hurt either Ah Sa or me, so I don't want to respond anymore." Ronald expressed he didn't want Ah Sa and his entire private life put out into the public for them to analyze.

Asked if he felt that its a pity the 6 year relationship just ended, Ronald paused for a few seconds, appearing very hurt, he expressed with his eyes turning red: "Well, we decided this together, thank you all for the concern. (Any chance of reconciling?) Not answering." Then Ronald's assistant pulled him away, when the press conference started, Ronald looked depressed on stage.
Spoiler

#165 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:22 PM

Ronald Cheng: Many Opportunity to Support Ah Sa
Thursday April 22, 2010 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao
Credits: http://kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Last show of Twins' concert ended two nights ago and Ah Sa's ex-husband Ronald Cheng never went to support. Yesterday Ronald held a dinner banquet to celebrate good box office of his new film "Just Another Pandora's Box" (越光寶盒). Asked why didn't he go to support Ah Sa's concert? He explained that he was busy recording news songs in Taiwan, that's why he couldn't take time to watch the show; but he did text Ah Sa, wishing her a good show. Too bad that he missed Twins' show this time? He said: "It's not like they're not going to sing again, must have other opportunities, look at The Wynners, they said they're not going sing again, but has been singing these past 30 years."

As for TVB's "Fun With Liza and Gods" mocked his press conference, he said: "I'm interested in watching that episode. I looked at their pictures and think they did a good job portraying, even the clothes are very much alike. (feel unhappy being portrayed?) No! I portrayed many people too!"

#166 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:33 AM

Ronald Cheng and Ah Sa No Oppose To Play A Couple On-screen
Thursday April 29, 2010 Hong Kong
Translated by: KAY @ http://kays-entertainment.blogspot.com

Posted Image

Although they couldn't be husband and wive, Ronald Cheng and Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) are still friends. Lately there's a report from Mainland saying a director planned to make martial arts novel '萍擪俠影錄' into a TV series. He wanted to invite couples or husband and wife in the showbiz to act. It was reported the team once invited Ronald and Ah Sa, who didn't file for divorce yet. But they didn't want to be in the same series together and scared off the team with a demand of 8 million pay.

Ah Sa attended to izzue fashion show yesterday and she expressed she never heard anyone inviting her and Ronald to film as a couple, so she felt the report is quite humorous. Company didn't notify her? She said: "Shouldn't be. If if there is an offer, still have to look at the scripts first. But I'll go Beijing to film '翡翠明珠.' Soon I'll film '財神客棧' with Nicolas Tse and Barbie Hsu. Jobs are arranged till November." If scripts are suitable, paid is high, will she work with her ex-husband again? Ah Sa said: "Might try it if I'm free. I don't oppose. How much pay will make me say yes? I only like to film, company will decide the amount of money."

Just returned being single again, Ah Sa doesn't want to start dating right now. If Ronald starts to pursue her again, will she say yes and reunite? She only said: "Depends on fate, we'll see if it's suitable." Talked about earlier she was on the same stage with Ronald for Qinghai relief, did she pay attention to his performance? Ah Sa said: "I watched B gor gor and his daughter. I really didn't see Ronald Cheng!"

Ronald attended to a Nokia event and also expressed besides a company said they hope he and Ah Sa will film 'Happy Home 2010' (花田囍事2010) together (Ah Sa had no free spot so she couldn't make it), no other companies have ever approach to them like the report claimed. Ronald stressed he doesn't mind working with Ah Sa. Depending on the story of the script, it wouldn't be a problem even if they have to play a married couple. Reporters said his response is just like Ah Sa's, Ronald said: "This is the fact! We're friends. It's still good if we have chances to work together."

#167 mv_288

mv_288

Super Poster

• Forum Masters
  • 14682 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

Posted Image

Source: Tom.com
Credits: Jayne @ http://jaynestars.com

Charlene Choi and Ronald Cheng Spotted in Same Hotel

From their secret marriage to their sudden divorce, Charlene Choi and Ronald Cheng Chung Kei ended their six year romance earlier. Charlene is currently filming <财神客栈> in Hengdian. Earlier, Ronald was spotted in the same hotel that Charlene was staying at, thus sparking rumors that the pair may have reunited.

Further sources state that after Charlene’s EEG contract ends in two years, she does not intend to sign with them again. Allegedly, she may be interested in switching to work behind-the-scenes and join Ronald’s company, while targeting mainland China.

#168 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

Ronald Cheng's girlfriend pregnant, no need to work anymore
Thursday April 7, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=9245579&showlnk=0

Last year Ronald Cheng and Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) were exposed to have secretly been married and after the news broke out, they announced that they are already divorced. Back to being single, Ah Sa and Ronald are both doing well. Ah Sa quickly got together with junior William Chan, while Ronald hooked up with iCable anchor Sammie Yu. Earlier Ronald said frankly that he and his girlfriend had already met the parents, and is in a stabled relationship.

It was recently rumored that Ronald's girlfriend Sammie is already 3-4 months pregnant and the two plan to tie the knot by the end of the year. Earlier Sammie also asked iCable to terminate her contract and iCable's managing director confirmed the news yesterday. He said: "I already congratulated her. (Is the baby Ronald's?) That I am not sure." Once admitted that Sammie's iCable contract was not over yet, but he said: "But she's pregnant. (Does she have to compensate for the early contract termination?) Not necessary. (Give her a big gift?) It's not like that."

Both Ronald and Sammie have not responded yet, but [Oriental Daily] contacted Ronald's father. When he heard reporters congratulating him for becoming a grandfather, he said: "I'm sorry, I am busy, call me later." However, he could not be contacted at all.

#169 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Ronald Cheng Confirms Girlfriend is Pregnant
Monday April 11, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Ronald Cheng is a dad-to-be!

The pregnancy rumor of the singer's girlfriend Sammie Yu has been out for a while now but it had yet been confirmed. Even when Ronald was asked about it recently, he still didn't say anything. However, yesterday he released a short statement, confirming he is welcoming a child.

"Thank you all for your concerns and reports about me and girlfriend Sammi Yu lately. To avoid tiring everyone, now I confirmed this through my management company: my girlfriend is indeed pregnant. I hope after I confirmed this, I can receive respect and understanding from all media. Please give me, Sammie, and our family some personal space. We will definitely share more happy news with you in the future. Thank you for your concerns!"

It's known the 39-year-old is trying to protect his 4-months-pregnant girlfriend, and that's why he decided to release this statement. Plus the rumors are already out, if he doesn't say anything about it, it's not fair to her.

Other artists are happy for Ronald, including Ronald's ex-wife Charlene Choi. She generously congratulates him, wishing them happy forever.

Ronald has dated Miriam Yeung and rumored with Cecilia Cheung in the past. He even secretly married Charlene in 2006, but the marriage ended 4 years later. After the divorce is finalized earlier this year, he immediately fell for Cable TV anchor Sammie, who is now carrying his first child.

Source: Mingpao / By: KAY @ Kay's Entertainment

#170 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

Ronald Cheng and pregnant girlfriend Sammie appears first time in public
Friday April 29, 2011 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

39 year old Ronald Cheng settled his divorce with ex-wife Charlene Choi earlier this year. Several months later, it was exposed that he got together with 31 year old Sammie Yue, a iCable anchor, a year ago and is now pregnant. It was also said that Sammie is carrying a baby girl and is expected to due in October this year.

Becoming a father, Ronald carried out a secret approach in the last several months to avoid his pregnant girlfriend from the media, so he deliberately 'hid' her away. Earlier besides renting a place at Quarry Bay for Sammie, he also issued a statement confirming her pregnancy. However, the statement did not explain if they had any plans for marriage.

Yesterday Ronald and Sammie were spotted in Central at about 2pm. When the driver dropped them off of their 7-seater van, the couple quickly walked into the shopping center. It was seen that they were in the baby store. At the store, Ronald was picking out baby bottles, nipples, baby bids and other necessities for their baby.

When Ronald discovered that there were reporters following and taking pictures, he was extremely shocked. Since reporters saw the colors Ronald was picking out, it is suspected that their baby is a girl.

After spending half an hour at the baby store, the couple walked out hand-in-hand. When Sammie saw reporters kept taking photos of her, she often tried to hide behind her mask and kept her hand on her stomach. Then Ronald took his girlfriend into another baby store to look at baby beds, however after 5 minutes they left.

When Ronald and Sammie were getting back into their car, reporters approached them and asked of the baby's gender. He did not answer and only said: "Can you all not push." By his side, Sammie quickly kept her head down and got into the car. Ronald first carefully helped his girlfriend into the car before he got in.

#171 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

Ronald Cheng announced girlfriend Sammie Yue is pregnant with a girl
Thursday June 30, 2011 Hong Kong
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Ronald Cheng became a father last October, yesterday when he attended the press conference of new film Marry a 100% Man (嫁個一百分男人) , he reveals his girlfriend Sammie Yue is carrying a baby girl. He said frankly that he feels nervous and hopes to capture photos of his daughter before she turns 1 years old, so she can grow up with beautiful memories.

39 year old Ronald publicly announced his divorce with Charlene Choi last year, a month later he rapidly fell for 31 year old Sammie Yue and this Lunar New Year, he announced his girlfriend was pregnant. As a new father, Ronald changed his young master character and quickly worked hard in earning milk money. This year he completed two films in Mainland. Now he's starting this film Marry a 100% Man in which he plays a man strongly pursing Gigi Leung. In real life, Ronald expressed he already found a 100% woman. When Sammy hears this she'll certainly feel very loved.

Ronald generously expressed his feelings on being father, he said: "She's coming soon, I am still feeling very happy and nervous. I plan to take photos of her everyday before she turns one, so I already prepared lots of photo frames." Shooting so many films to earn milk money? Ronald said he's always working to earn money. In the future, aside from acting, he also plans to direct two films.

#172 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:24 AM

Ronald Cheng becomes father, fiance Sammie Yue gives birth to baby girl
Wednesday July 12, 2011 Hong Kong

Posted Image

Congratulations to Ronald Cheng, officially becoming a father. Ronald and former iCable anchor Sammie Yue's baby girl is born! Another good news in the entertainment industry.

April 2011, the media uncovered Ronald's girlfriend Sammie, whom he haven't dated for too long at the time, was pregnant. Later, Ronald confirmed the good news through his management (Gold Label) and the couple registered for marriage on the 20th of last month (June). As a responsible man, Ronald wants to give Sammie and his unborn child a proper status. Although it was rumored Sammie is expected to due on September 10th, the other day sudden rumors broke out that the baby was already born. Initially filming in Mainland, Ronald flew back to HK immediately to accompany his fiance in the delivery room. Yesterday at 5pm, Ronald sent a SMS to his company, Gold Label, to announce to the media that his daughter is born on his behalf. He said: "Thank you for all your concern, Sammie and my daughter are all doing well. Tomorrow, I will be going back to Beijing to continue shooting."

#173 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

Raymond Lam sweats too much, afraid to wear disposable underwear
Tuesday May 15, 2012 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao, Oriental Daily

Raymond Lam, Lynn Hung, Ronald Cheng, Teresa Mo, Raymond Wong (Pak Ming), Karena Ng an director Vincent Kok attended the blessing ceremony for the new film Love Is...Pyjamas. The female artists gave each of the male artists a set of underwear. Raymond Lam received a package of disposable underwear that had the male artists faces printed on them. He praised how considerate Lynn was because he had never had a female buy him underwear before. These things, usually his mother would do for him. Lynn immediately blushed and covered her face with her hands.

Raymond said he fears its disrespectful to wear the underwear with other artists' faces printed on them. He expressed usually when he travels to another location for shooting, he doesn't have time to wash and dry his clothing, so disposable underwear comes in handy. He laughed: "The weather in Zhejiang is hot and I don't have time to finish washing my underwear, so it doesn't dry in time. I sweat a lot, really afraid of when the sweat gets into the disposable underwear because then all is left is the three elastic bands on the underwear." He expressed, it has been a pleasant first collaboration with Lynn. As Raymond and Lynn are a couple in the new film, he feels a little pressure standing next to her because she's so tall.

Raymond expressed he has little experience in comedy films, so this time collaborating with comedy experts Ronald Cheng, Teresa Mo and Raymond Wong, he'll have to be remain completely alert at all times. He hopes he can handle it and train himself for the comedic feel.

In the film, Ronald and Karena play a couple. Ronald said there are no kiss scenes, but because he actively pursues Karena, he gets attacked by Teresa Mo, who plays Karena's mother. Karena joked the most intimate scene she has is when she goes watch the sunset with Ronald. Next month, the cast will head out to Hangzhou for shooting.

Ronald expressed he has no intentions to bring his wife along to go sightseeing because their daughter is too young. He doesn't want his wife to have it too difficult in carrying their daughter. But his family is still very important to him, earlier on Mother's Day he celebrated with his family at home. Next month is Father's Day, he is waiting to celebrate the holiday with his wife and daughter. Ronald laughed: "Next month, I have to shoot two films in Mainland. I already looked at my schedule, luckily I can still celebrate Father's Day."

#174 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

Ronald Cheng throws a birthday party for his 1 year old daughter Emma
Wednesday July 11, 2012 Hong Kong

Yesterday Ronald Cheng and his wife Sammie Yu hosted a birthday party for their 1 year old daughter (Emma). Ronald was seen carrying his daughter out of the hotel when they were greeted by reporters. When Emma saw reporters, she looked very interested and curious. The father and daughter had some resemblance, but Emma had bigger eyes than her father Ronald. It turns out Emma had little shoes on, but she kicked them off and so her father had to carry her out, revealing her 'meaty legs', very cute!

After putting his daughter into the car, Ronald accepted an interview. He expressed he gave his daughter an inflatable pool, but there won't be any special celebration after, just have dinner at home.

#175 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

Ronald Cheng plans to establish own company
Tuesday April 9, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-033900675.html

Posted Image

Cantopop singer and actor, Ronald Cheng recently revealed that he is planning to direct his first movie and establish his own company very soon.

As reported on Groove Asia website, the actor, whose contract with Golden Typhoon ended last March, revealed that he has a plan to become a director and establish his own production in the likes of many other actors.

With his new plan in motion, the actor hopes that he will finally able to release himself from the "Boss' son" nickname that has been given to him by his peers and the media.

The actor's father, Norman Cheng is the CEO of EMI Asia. In his early years as an aspiring composer and record producer, Ronald did odd jobs at his father's company - which included doing back-up vocals for the likes of Alan Tam and Priscilla Chan before gaining the attention from music producers.

Meanwhile, Ronald will also be co-directing a movie with Gordon Chan, entitled "Cheung Bo Jai".

#176 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

Ronald Cheng breaks nose saving daughter
Wednesday May 29, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-084700792.html

Posted Image

Actor Ronald Cheng recently shared an X-ray image of his broken nose on microblog, assuring fans that it was just a trivial accident on his part.

As reported on Groove Asia, on 27 May, the actor revealed that he broke his nose while saving his two-year-old daughter, Emma from a fall.

He wrote, "Emma was about to fall backwards when she lost her balance while playing. Without thinking twice, I just rushed forward to protect her from the fall but ended up getting hurt myself."

After news of his injury surfaced, Ronald's showbiz friends including Kenny Bee and Wilfred Lau sent their well-wishes. The actor also received lots of praises from fans for being a heroic father.

Later that day, Ronald was spotted meeting directors Gordon Chan and Tian Qi Wen with a mask covering half of his face to discuss about his upcoming movie.

When asked about the injury, Ronald assured that the injury is not too serious and that he will be resting for the week.

#177 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:18 AM

Ronald Cheng and Fala Chen slam affair rumours
Thursday May 1, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-054800295.html

Posted Image

Ronald Cheng and Fala Chen recently dismissed rumours saying that they are having an affair while filming in Cheung Chau.

According to HK Channel, the tabloids reported that the two actors had been acting extra-friendly on the set of their new movie, "Mysterious Treasure" in Cheung Chau last week.

Ronald who is married, was extremely attentive to the bachelorette actress' needs and had even spent the night in her hotel room.

However, both stars have recently dismissed the rumours as slanderous.

Infuriated by the reports, Ronald turned to his Weibo and exclaimed, "I don't care if you write stuff about me, because I am already used to your agency making fabricated reports about me. But is it really entertaining anybody by using my wife and daughter's names?"

The actor added that his tolerance is at its limit and that he will not let the issue go.

Meanwhile, Fala Chen also slammed the tabloids for making such rumours, saying, "Artistes don't want to spark any problem with the media, but you guys can't leave us alone. You lie with no shame. It's all about profit to you."

#178 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

Ronald Cheng plans to establish a production company

Saturday August 2, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-182035708.html

208u3qr.jpg

Hong Kong actor Ronald Cheng recently revealed that he has plans to establish a new production studio next year, Mingpao News reported.

Speaking to the media at the celebratory party of his new film "The Seventh Lie" which won two international awards recently, Ronald said that he planned to open up a new company that would make all kinds of small budget films.

"With the new company, I plan to produce all kinds of movies. But I am also interested to make small budget films that are not too commercialised," he said. "I hope to give new directors the opportunity to make their own films."

However, Ronald said that he had no plans to sign any artiste for the time being.

Meanwhile, the actor also expressed his delight with the success of "The Seventh Lie", directed by new director James Hung and co-starring Anjaylia Chan, Evelyn Choi and Alex Lam.

Despite being a small budget film, Ronald said that he took the offer as a favour as he thought that it had a promising plot.

"I play a man who specialises in catching people who commits infidelity but unexpectedly caught my own wife. It's fun, since it's different from my own real life," he said.

#179 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

Ronald Cheng undeterred by TVB's "Cheung Po Tsai"

Saturday August 16, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-161100153.html

Ronald Cheng recently addressed allegations saying that TVB is plagiarising his upcoming directorial effort, "Mysterious Treasure", Mingpao News reported.

Recently, the broadcasting company announced their big budget plan "Cheung Po Tsai", which tells the story of the iconic Cantonese pirate of the same name. The news surprised many, as it has already been reported that Ronald is currently working on the movie version.

Asked to comment on the plagiarism rumours, Ronald said that he believed it was just a coincidence on TVB's part.

"Luckily our production has not been affected. We are planning to release the film in the summer next year," he said, stressing that he is not upset by the coincidence and he will not be burdened with comparison.

"Mysterious Treasure" also stars Dayo Wong and Fala Chen.

Edited by foreverleila, 17 August 2014 - 12:53 AM.

#180 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

Ronald Cheng to work on new movie

Monday September 29, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-064900305.html

10f2dyd.jpg

Already a father to a daughter named Emma, actor-turned-director Ronald Cheng said that he is not as nervous about the arrival of his new baby, and thus continues to work hard on his films.

According to Singpao News, the actor, who attended the promotional event for his new movie "Sifu Vs. Vampires" in Mongkok recently, stated, "I am not really that nervous as it would be our second child. But the entire family is so excited and is looking forward to it."

Ronald also revealed that his wife is expected to give birth in February next year, and that they have found out the baby's gender.

Meanwhile, the actor will be busy filming and promoting his movies.

"I will be directing and starring in a new movie, "Drunken Master Kennedy", after the child is born," said Ronald, adding that Chapman To will also co-star.

"We don't know how much money we need for the movie at the mean time, and who the lead actress will be," said Ronald.

Asked if he will reduce his intimate scenes now that he will be a father of two children, Ronald replied, "I don't even have that much intimate scene in the past."

#181 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:29 AM

Ronald Cheng's first production will focus on Hong Kong market

Monday November 17, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-092000332.html

v83j80.jpg

Actor-turned-director Ronald Cheng recently joked that he is the example of how not to start a business.

According to a report on HK Top Ten News, the actor, who attended a comic and animation expo recently, shared that he started a production company in Taiwan that eventually made him loose more than HKD 3 million.

Not giving up on his dream, Ronald then tried establishing a film company yet again, this time with fellow actor Tin Kai Man. However, their first movie together stars Chapman To, who has been boycotted in mainland China.

However, when asked if he is worried about not making any profit via the mainland market, Ronald said that the company's current focus is in making pure Hong Kong films, thus he will not worry about the mainland market for the time being.

"My wife is also due to give birth in February, so I hope to stay in Hong Kong until the time comes," he said.

#182 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:31 AM

Ronald Cheng's wife gives birth to a baby boy who weights 6.8 pounds

Friday February 13, 2015 Hong Kong

2mc8s4l.jpg 2u9u7oi.jpg

Yesterday, Ronald Cheng's (鄭中基) wife, Sammie Yu (余思敏) gives birth to a baby boy who weighs 6.8 pounds. Ronald Cheng replied through his manager, Kai Man Tin (田啟文): "Thanks a lot! The baby weighs 6.8 pounds and he is more calm than me. Ronald Cheng's eldest daughter, Emma wants to hug him and play with him immediately."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-ene...l.blogspot.com/

#183 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

Ronald Cheng is praised for good "oral skills"

Tuesday August 4, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Ronald Cheng (鄭中基) and Mark Wu (胡耀輝) in new movie Undercover Duet (猛龍特囧) have many hilarious scenes. In one of the scenes, Ronald had to use his mouth to feed Mark medicine by aligning with Mark's mouth and spitting the medicine in from mid-air. Ronald smilingly said the scene was like a wuxia film, he said: "In wuxia films, there are many scenes when friends get poisoned and faint and then you have to chew the medicine to feed them, this scene is really similar to that."

Ronald frankly said that the most difficult part in filming this scene is spitting the medicine, have to aim right at Mark's mouth, and has to have high precision, or else if we have to NG, it would be a headache, Ronald expressed: "I was quite nervous before filming it, (Did you seek your wife's help to try it out?) No, but using paper cups to practice, I'm afraid it won't be as precise and have to do it again, but it's really interesting, when you practice, everything is precise, but when it's time to film for the real thing, I still have to film it two times, when filming it a second time, there can be no mistakes because before I spit, I have to say a bunch of dialogues, can't NG again. I was also afraid that Wan Kwong (尹光) who was present at the scene couldn't hold back his laughter, so must get it in one try."

Afterwards, Mark greatly praised Ronald for good oral skills, his aim was very accurate! First time collaborating with Ronald, he felt that he is a very good actor, the collaboration was extremely pleasant. 

#184 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:28 AM

Tenth anniversary if Ronald Cheng succeeds to hold concert next year

Wednesday August 26, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

Six days ago, Ronald Cheng (鄭中基) and Ava Yu (雨僑) attended the movie premiere, Hong Kong Under Cover Cop (猛龍特囧). Ronald Cheng revealed he had made the application to hold his three concerts held in Hong Kong Coliseum for next year summer. He said: "If next year succeed, then it will be the tenth anniversary. The last time was in 2006, as I said that I hope the next concert will not be ten years, but indeed ten years!"

Ava Yu said with a smile that she will be Ronald Cheng's guest as she liked Ronald Cheng's work. She laughed and said: "I have Ronald Cheng's N years works. I will sing karaoke whatever he sang."

#185 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

Ronald Cheng acted as villain but was bullied by woman in reality

Wednesday December 23, 2015 Hong Kong

image.jpg

One week ago, Ronald Cheng (鄭中基) and Francis Ng (吳鎮宇) attended the press conference of the new movie, House of Wolves (惡人谷). In the movie, both of them acted as villains but were bullied by women in real life. Ronald Cheng mentioned about the joke of his 4 years old daughter, Emma was passing motion in the toilet and said: "Thus, her mother asked our daughter: (Where is your father?) Our daughter then answered: (Father is passing motion in the toilet again and he had loads.)"

Francis Ng disclosed he was bullied by his son, Feynman before and said: "He poured cold water on me when I was showering. He wished to see me scream and I will pour on him when taking shower too."

http://www.asian-ene...al.blogspot.com

#186 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:04 AM

Ronald Cheng will have gathering and give red packets in advance

Wednesday January 20, 2016 Hong Kong

image.jpg

One week ago, Ronald Cheng (鄭中基) and Francis Ng (吳鎮宇) attended the New Year's movie premiere, House of Wolves (惡人谷). When asked if they brought their son and daughter to watch the movie premiere, Ronald Cheng said: "My daughter has not watch it as she has many problems." Francis Ng said it was inconvenient to bring his son for the movie premiere.

When asked if they had any expectations for the movie box office, Francis Ng said: "The ticket sales should be satisfactory for New Year's movie....Comedy movie in Hong Kong is less and this movie should be alright." Ronald Cheng hoped everyone will laugh more after watching the movie. Francis Ng added on Lunar New Year eve, Ronald Cheng, Sandra Ng (吳君如), Vincent Kok (谷德昭), Dayo Wong (黃子華), he and the others will gather and give red packets in advance.

#187 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52643 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

Ronald Cheng gives his blessings to his ex-spouse, Charlene Choi: Hope everyone is happy

Saturday July 15, 2017 Hong Kong

image.jpg

It is Ronald Cheng's (鄭中基) first time to hold his concert in Taipei Arena and his wife, Sammie Yu (余思敏) is present at the press conference with him on 10 July. He discloses his 5 years old daughter volunteers to be the guest performer.

Mentioning about his ex-spouse, Charlene Choi (蔡卓妍) is currently dating wealthy man, Anthony (石恆聰), Ronald gives his blessing: "We have grown up and it is a good memory. Hope everyone is happy."

Ronald admits he has a bad temper when young and starts to changes after the second marriage in 2011: "I used to think of myself but place my family as the top priority now." He plans to invite Jacky Cheung (張學友) as the guest performer: "Hope to sing song together with him."

Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ronald cheng, cheng chung kei

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users