AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

The Mute Wife

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 poochie83

poochie83

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

Has anyone gotten a chance to watch this series yet? If so, i would love to know the ending. It looks like William Xie will die and she may end up with the younger brother? I miss these old fashioned costume Taiwanese dramas they used to have in the early 90's.

Thanks

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:58 AM

I'm watching it right now in Viet.
From what I see from those songs in the begining and the end, I thought there was a scenes where she hold his Picture and jump down the clift, I thought she die with him?
watch the ending song again, you see that scene,
and for the younger brother, I thought he end up with his Bieu Muoi, u know the girl that lieks him

#3 nanajol

nanajol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:18 PM

i oso in the midst of watching it... but only till epi 12.... haven got time to finish watching...
in the opening song, i tot i saw the younger bro n his cousin together...
luckily jing yun didn't die with her husband

#4 Lily

Lily

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1418 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:25 AM

AHHHHH im watching it now up to epi 8 only...i watched it with my mom lol and she cried like mad head hahaha i like the song so much eventho i don't quite understand the lyrics but my mom told me about the chorus but i can't remember wat she said LOL hahaha and she said how the song is very very sad. awww the seire is very good so far yea i missed those old fashioned custome series they r hella good that make sme cry everything i watch it.I noe how her husband gonna die tho thats for sure and about he rim not sure.

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:43 AM

I think she die, watch the end,she jump off the clift holding his Picture......... she wearing white,funeral clothing........

by theway, she and the guy willian Xie are actually dating in real life before, they broke up 7 yrs ago and now they work on the series, she say it washard to be with him acting as lover when they broke up, but what harder is sign language.

#6 aznsweetgrl04

aznsweetgrl04

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:26 AM

does any one have a picture of the series or something cause im not sure which series this is

#7 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:15 AM

I don't want her to end up with the younger brother.....aww....why does he have to die? I love this series so much......I'm watching 1-9 right now. Actually, I finsihed 1-9. But I can't wait for more....I love the song too. Does anyone know where I can dl it? And is this the official English title? I thought it was "The Mute Bride".....*shrug*...

#8 nanajol

nanajol

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

i'm sure she did not die with her husband... i forwarded to the end.. n saw her husband died in her arms n she juz stayed there n cried.. then the show ended... myabe they edited that part off... didn't wanted her to die

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Lauren

Lauren

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:12 AM

this series is the second part of a trilogy. the 3 stories focus on being a bride and daughter in law in ancient china. the first part of the trilogy starred Vivian Chen and she had 3 daughters and no son. so the evil mother in law forced her son to marry a second wife to have a son.

the mother that starred in this series was also the evil mother in law in the first series.

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:45 AM

What the third triology then?
i lik the song in Vivian Chen 1st one more, thsi one is so so,
by the way, Id ont' think the song is available anywhere, it only in the series.
the singer is LI YI HUI

#11 cutiemoonlight

cutiemoonlight

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

My sister and I love watching this series and listening to the themesong. We really like William and YueLing. They make a great couple. No wonder they used to date. Do u guys know how many episode is this series? And what is the VIetnamese name of the 1st trilogy?

#12 lonelylove04

lonelylove04

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:27 PM

So, it this to say that her husband died at the very end and not in the middle of the series?

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2005 - 04:41 AM

First one Chan Ai Nhat The Tinh
the song are 10000 times better than this 2nd one.........
and yes he die like 2 min before the rolling ending credit. NOT the middle.
and th soundtrack i cant find it anywhere, so sad./

#14 Lauren

Lauren

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:45 AM

First one Chan Ai Nhat The Tinh
the song are 10000 times better than this 2nd one.........
and yes he die like 2 min before the rolling ending credit. NOT the middle.
and th soundtrack i cant find it anywhere, so sad./

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the songs in part 2 are the same ones as in part 1, so how can the songs in part 1 be 1000 times better than in part 2. i really like the songs.

Edited by tammiest, 31 October 2007 - 03:49 AM.
Requests for downloads are not permitted outside of the Download Section

#15 butterfly07

butterfly07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

Gosh, i love this serie! AHHHH...i dont watch taiwanese serie at all, but somehow the title attracted me, and now i'm up to tape 19 in viet already. Tape 19 was breathtaking...*SIGHHHH*** THEY KISSED :shocked: clapclap !! i wonder if that scene was hard 4 both of them since they used to be exes. (God forbid i would never want to run into my ex let alone act with him............ they are truely professionals). You guys think they'll rekindle their love after the serie :iloveyou: ??? AWWWW, i want them to be a couple again! <_< they match soo much in this serie.

#16 Guest_Guest_Thuy_n_*_*

Guest_Guest_Thuy_n_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:36 PM

Does anyone know how many tapes this series has in Viet already? My mom rented it this weekend. I got to watch to #18 this week but I can't wait to watch more! I love this series. It's soo heartbreaking to know what will happen to him. :crying: Did they get to have kids and stuff. I wish they did. That would be great.

#17 holycow

holycow

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:02 PM

The show is 35 epis. I saw it at somewhere that it's available for download.

Official website is :-
http://www.gtv.com.t...0907U/index.htm

#18 collateral

collateral

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:50 AM

I'm also watching this in viet..aww didn't want him to die...this movie is quite touching..my mom keeps crying LoL

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:19 AM

wat the hell are you talking about? the part 1 is not the same song as part 2.......
go watch part 1 with Vivian Chen and Cheung Sheh again.

Nope, there no way to get the song from Part 1 or Part 2...
I only have the song since I own the part 1 with Vivian Chen.

Edited by tammiest, 31 October 2007 - 03:56 AM.

#20 Pejaluver

Pejaluver

'Mr. & Mrs. Smith'

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:42 AM

OMG, I adore William Xie since the first time I saw him in a Taiwan series with Esther Kwan and Damien Lau.

Good to see him again after a long period where I didn't see him in any series.

Does anyone have his profile?

I didn't know he used to date Yue Ling and she looks older than him.

#21 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:37 PM

this is now my like, all time favorite series!! its sooooooo good, the main couple in this series is so cute!! :iloveyou:

i have a question, do any of you know which scene it was that william gave yue ling the hair clip? i don't remember see that scene, which episode is it in? thank you!

#22 Guest_Guest_Tran_*_*

Guest_Guest_Tran_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:35 AM

So, Yue Ling will not be "involved" with the younger brother? I like the younger brother more... he seems to understand her more.

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:51 AM

Isn't the mute bride based on a story by Quynh Dao or Chiung Yao? Because from what I heard from this new serie, it seem to be way different than the original "The Mute Bride"

#24 butterfly07

butterfly07

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:13 PM

Finally finish the serie last night! Throughout his serie, ive never once cried, pissed at the stupid people maybe, but not cry. thne all of a sudden toward the end when her husband die, i still didnt cry. But when she started to say, "you promise to stay by my side forever, thieu phat," while holding him in her arm, tears came balling out of me like a little girl. It was a really sad ending!!! He didnt even see his baby come into the world. *sigh***

#25 Guest_mandy ng._*

Guest_mandy ng._*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:30 PM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][quote name='Pejaluver' date='Oct 27 2005 11 42 AM']OMG, I adore William Xie since the first time I saw him in a Taiwan series with Esther Kwan and Damien Lau.

Good to see him again after a long period where I didn't see him in any series.

Does anyone have his profile?

I didn't know he used to date Yue Ling and she looks older than him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

hey, i saw you mention William Xie appear in a series with Esther Kwan and Damien Lau. Do you remember what's the title of that movie in Vietnamese.
I really want to see more of his movie.
thank you
[QUOTE]

#26 lychee berry

lychee berry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:36 AM

OMG im watching this series atm, its soooooooooo good!!! Typical Qiong Yao 1930's type of series which focus on family etiquettes, revenge etc. The costumes are really pretty and the dialogue is quite romantic.The main actors are kinda old but their acting is jis Superb!!!! William Xie's performance as the sick husband is so realistic.......watching his spasm attack scenes are jis heartwrenching......And Yue Ling......learning sign language jis for this role must have been hard. I cant blieve they used to date! They are such a cute couple!!! Does that mean this couple has stared together in another series sometime in the past? Must have been hard, acting with ur ex in such a challenging role......would have to tip my hat for them.....choosing such challenging roles and still managing to pull it off professionally. *thumbs up*
Btw isnt this series named "Dumb Bride"? i remember there was another series similar to this which stared Lu Xue Hua, its about a mute bride as weo. I think it was a Qiong Yao series but its a very old series, also called "The Mute Wife".

I rented this series with the thot that it would be a typical mother in law torture kinda series but it turned out to be quite different, its definately a tear jerker and some parts abit draggy but overall not the typical torture scenes like in Qiong Yao series and very engagging. The lil bro is pretty good looking in my opinion and his acting isnt bad either. This cousin, that chick is pretty but she was kinda annoying at the beggining.
Btw.....when was this series released? I miss watching these 1930's taiwanese series, nowadays taiwan produces more idol series.
Heard the ending is a tragic one >.< I wanna watch it but don't fink i can bear the ending......

What about the themesong for the first installment of this triology, is it the same song?

Edited by tammiest, 31 October 2007 - 04:26 AM.

#27 Rainshower01

Rainshower01

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:41 AM

Right now i am watcing this series with my mommy.. Its petty good. My friend recommanded to me and it turn out to be good... I hate the girl that like the second brother I think she is annoying... grrr.

#28 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:42 AM

Finally finish the serie last night! Throughout his serie, ive never once cried, pissed at the stupid people maybe, but not cry. thne all of a sudden toward the end when her husband die, i still didnt cry. But when she started to say, "you promise to stay by my side forever, thieu phat," while holding him in her arm, tears came balling out of me like a little girl. It was a really sad ending!!! He didnt even see his baby come into the world. *sigh***

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um...I don't finish it yet??? Um...she has baby with her husband???
How about the ending...does she die??? thanks! >:)

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:27 AM

I really enjoyed reading all your replies. I love watching this series so much, but the place where I live does not carry this movie. I had to watch it through the SBTN channel, which only broadcasts 4 episodes/weekend. I don't like the waiting!

Can someone please tell me did Yue Ling's sister die at the end? Did she get shot and die? I hope not because I really like her.

Did Yue Ling get involved with her younger brother-in-law? I really like his character. I think he is very protective of her. What happens to him in the end...and the annoying lady cousin?

Thank you in advance! :)

#30 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:14 AM

I really enjoyed reading all your replies.  I love watching this series so much, but the place where I live does not carry this movie. I had to watch it through the SBTN channel, which only broadcasts 4 episodes/weekend.  I don't like the waiting! 

Can someone please tell me did Yue Ling's sister die at the end?  Did she get shot and die?  I hope not because I really like her. 

Did Yue Ling get involved with her younger brother-in-law?  I really like his character.  I think he is very protective of her.  What happens to him in the end...and the annoying lady cousin?

Thank you in advance! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm watching this through SBTN too.... and the suspense and waiting 'till the weekend is slowly killing me :wacko: I think the sister died at the end....
So far in the story, I think that the bro-n-law already likes Yue Ling right?

#31 jorlee2005

jorlee2005

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 12:25 AM

I thought William Xie Wu was superb in this drama. His acting skills are of high caliber. Although I am glad I had an opportunity to enjoy his acting in this drama I am kind of disappointed that I had not seen him. Does anyone know anything else about William? I am really curious about his life and his roles in other possible movies/dramas.

#32 Sparkly_Chic

Sparkly_Chic

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:50 AM

Finally had a chance to finish this series b/c I can't wait every weekend to finish it on SBTN, so I went ahead and rent it.

Some comments:

*One song from the first installment(Chan Ai Nhat The Tinh) was also played in "Mute Bride." It was the background music for the scene where the evil guy was visiting his lover's grave.(Yue Ling's character's sister)

*I can't believe how gullible these ppl are in here.... A few words from someone and they believe it without investigating it or finding proof first! (Esp. the annoying cousin and the mother!!)

*How is it that influential and rich homes in here don't have a bunch of workers guarding over it? It seems like if you want to rob or enter the house, all you need to do is open the door and enter.

*The ending is Sad, Sad, SAD....his death can't be avoided, but it was sad nontheless... esp. the words that she said at the end

By the way, does anyone know where to find info on William Xie? It seems like there isn't much info of him available....I wanna see what he looks like when he's not lookng sickly and in modern clothes B)

#33 minnie_me

minnie_me

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 04:16 PM

i finish this series last week and it was just fantastic...i cried so much. Well for anyone who wants to know the ending please scroll down...I don't want to spoil it for other people.

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

The William dies at the end in Yue Ling arms and she started to talk (not doing sign language). She was basically calling his name and telling him not to leave her.

For the scence where you all saw the Yue Ling jumped off the cliff while carrying William photo...it was just William having a dream...that Yue Ling will commit suicide when he dies.

Yue Ling sister dies in the end at well...she was shot by the evil man (the one she loved so deeply) It was accident...he didn't mean to shoot her. He was very sorry for everything he did. He even saved William, Yue Ling and William's mother when some robber came and rob their famiy. The evil man was shot and was injured. Later on he went to the Yue Ling's sister grave to pay respect and Yue Ling and the 2nd brother was there as well. The 2nd brother punch the evil man and blood was shown on his jumper where he was hurt. Yue Ling realize that he was the one that saved her and William last night and told the 2nd brother to stop. The evil man finally died resting his head on Yue Ling's sister grave.

Well i hope this help for the people who hasn't watch the ending.

#34 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:48 AM

I just started watchign these series...the themesong is AWESOME!!!!

Anyways when reading the spoilers above Yue LIng in the end talked? Ummm....she was it like she could but she didnt want to at the beginning or what? :confused::

++ GREAT SERIES!!!!

Edited by tammiest, 31 October 2007 - 04:16 AM.

#35 rxtran

rxtran

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:40 AM

I just bought this serie recently ($50, and WORTH IT!!!!)and finished watching it in one sitting. It's really an awesome serie. I love the relationship between the two main characters. They both did a superb job. And I would agree that the couple look so cute together. The ending was sooooo sad when he died in her arms. I too love the song to this serie. Finally had to go look for the song at the music store.

#36 SnowRoseO

SnowRoseO

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:13 AM

great drama.. sad ending.... but the casts is really great!! i really hate the bieu mui tho.
she's pretty.. but soo dumb, being used like that to harm the people she loves.

#37 WilliamXie

WilliamXie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:25 PM

I really like this movie, The Mute Wfe. In this forums I would to have more information of this movie and pictures. Especially, the main actor William Xie. If anybody know or have his information. Can your guys post in here. Thank a lot

#38 WilliamXie

WilliamXie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:07 AM

www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william1.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william2.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william3.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william4.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william5.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william6.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william7.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william8.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william9.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/1william10.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william1.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william2.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william3.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william4.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william5.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william6.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william7.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william8.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william9.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/2william10.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william1.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william2.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william3.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william4.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william5.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william6.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william7.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william8.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william9.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/3william10.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/4william1.jpg
www.geocities.com/williamxiemutewife/4william2.jpg

#39 rxtran

rxtran

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:18 AM

I read from somewhere that William is Yue Ling's ex. I really like this serie too. I think William and Yue Ling had really great chemistry together. This is one of the best TW serie that I have seen this year. I don't know how many times I have rewatched this serie.

#40 vy_ra

vy_ra

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:40 AM

Have the series but didn't bother watching it 'cause it look too sad and I don't like the characters. My parents are addicted to it however.