272 replies to this topic

#41 candy.rain

candy.rain

Shazz

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2017 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:16 AM

i think yoyo is really pretty!! and shes so tall and skinny >< i first noticed her in HH2 when she played 'Tracey' and i liked her acting in AR4..but i didnt watch The W Files..

#42 XxMoOmOoxX

XxMoOmOoxX

~_~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:22 AM

never knew dat yoyo had two moles or birthmarks? removed...so dos ne1 c da scars left 4rm dat surgery?

#43 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:54 AM

Posted Image
[The Sun 28/10/04]

Yoyo Mung has become a shop-owner yesterday as she opened her new reflexology centre in Happy Valley yesterday. Good friend Fiona Yuen was on hand to offer her congratulations and she received flowers from Dicky Cheung. Yoyo says that she did not want to 'borrow publicity' from other stars, so she did not invite any of her friends from the industry as guests, saying: "I would rather invite them to come and try it out instead."

She reveals that she will also be opening a Chiu Chow restaurant next month in the same area and she is one of four partners in the two businesses, each investing a six-figure sum. When asked if her boyfriend was one of the partners, she says: "I must emphasise I do not have a boyfriend, but there are no ex-boyfriends in the four of us. (Are you upset at investing a six-figure sum in one go?) Not at all! Being the boss for the first time is worth it but I am not used to people referring to me as the boss! If my friends come to try it I will give them a discount, but I don't know how to do reflexology myself."

http://the-sun.com.h...05457_0003.html
Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#44 Teufel66

Teufel66

Nobody Knows

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 07:10 PM

i actually think she's pretty okay. i didn't like her in good against evil or w files, but i started to like her more after armed reaction 4. her acting is a little bit plain though...

#45 MiracleHope

MiracleHope

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 01:16 AM

[Ta Kung Pao 02/11/04]

Bowie Lam, Bobby Au Yeung and Yoyo Mung were interviewed for "Celebrity Roadshow" yesterday and having known each other for over ten years, Bobby and Bowie laughed the other's bellies were still there. Bobby points out that he has not lost his figure over the years, but has not really been keeping fit, just going racing or playing ball once in a while. He is afraid that if he starts dieting, it will all pile back on when he loses patience.

Bowie likes to eat sweet things and yesterday he asked Bowie about his thoughts on keeping fit. Reporters jokingly asked him if he was worried he would not be able to be male lead if he became fat and Bowie says that he and Bowie are both character actors, but he would like to find a slimming centre to help him get rid of his belly. Having recently released an album, Bowie thanks his two friends beside him for their help in one of his songs "Sunday", where Bobby takes part in some of the rap sections and Yoyo has a few lines in the song. With this her first singing attempt, Yoyo says that she is not very confident.

Yoyo reveals that she has experienced being a production assistant, helping out her director friend in an advertisement. After trying out life behind the camera, she feels very lucky to be an artiste and she will not have any more complaints about the crew. Yoyo's investment in a reflexology centre has opened, but she has not asked about how business is. She wanted to try the services for herself earlier, but all the rooms had been fully booked and she was only able to use the large main room, so even as a boss, she did not have any special treatment.

http://www.takungpao...2/UL-324618.htm

Credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#46 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:49 AM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao & The Sun 17/11/04]

Charmaine Sheh, Raymond Lam, Tavia Yeung and Kevin Cheng took part in the blessing ceremony for new series "Yummy Yummy" yesterday and after earlier reports of her lunching with Lok Yik Ling and Catherine Tsang, Charmaine was asked whether she is now confident about winning the anniversary award. She laughs: "Is it that easy? I did not arrange to meet them, they asked me to eat with them and we do meet up for lunch usually, but with the anniversary approaching, everyone is rather sensitive." She admits that she is confident of winning an award, but the two things cannot be linked together in this way. She also refused to reveal what the conversation was about, just mentioning that Catherine told her to keep working hard and the company will give her plenty of opportunities.

Charmaine says that if she wins the award, then she will think about meeting someone for marriage, because her grandma who is in her nineties has seen her working so hard and has hurried her to get married and give up working. When asked whether her target partner will be the winner of the male lead award, she laughs that she has not thought about this matter, but he will be her perfect male lead. Charmaine has chosen her outfit and jewellery for the anniversary show and as she has a few sets to choose from, she has not worked out the value, as the most important thing is that it suits her image, but she is interested in seeing Gigi Lai's $30 million worth of jewels.

On the other hand, Gigi, Bowie Lam and Moses Chan were rehearsing for their 'clog dance' for the anniversary celebration and when asked about Charmaine's lunch meeting, Gigi laughs that everyone has lunch meetings with the bosses. Bowie also laughs that after the success of "War", all the cast members have had lunch meetings with the bosses and Moses Chan says that he is often on the phone to the bosses. As for what they talk about over dinner, Gigi says it is just an ordinary meal, because the company likes to meet with its staff once a month.

Although Yoyo Mung has worked with TVB for a number of years, this is her first appearance at an anniversary celebration. She says: "Dancing with Adam, even with a dance background myself is quite nerve-wracking. Also, I have to prepare an evening gown, so the feeling is like getting married, having to rush around to prepare. I have chosen my outfit now and I have sponsors for my jewellery, but I don't know the value of it. I have also bought some shoes to go with the dress." She says that she does not care for the competition between the ladies as long as her own outfit matches her.

Talking of "Split Second" only reaching ratings of 26 points in the final week, Yoyo mentions that is it better than one of her other series "The Green Hope" that only reached 25 points. She says that the good reviews and fresh storylines are more important. Kevin says that he is a little disappointed because after several months of hard work, then naturally they had hoped for better results. Maybe this genre is too fresh, so he had suspected that it would not be too suitable for all of the audience, but they wanted to have a breakthrough, so there was a conflict of interests. He says: "Whenever something new comes along, then it is a risk and there will be a day when it will succeed. 'War and Beauty' for instance was another new experiment, but it did well." He thinks that the company should not stop trying new things because of ratings, otherwise they will not be able to keep all the viewers and in the long run, fresh is what they want.

Adam Cheng and the eight beauties will be doing a 'Horn Dance' and were rehearsing yesterday. Some of the female artistes were absent, but those taking part included Anne Heung, Tavia, Leila Tong and Yoyo. During rehearsals, Adam accidentally pulled apart Tavia's collar and nearly went where he shouldn't have. A rather embarrassed Adam was asked if he had a reputation and he replied: "I have made mistakes, but there have been no complaints! (Who was it?) I was in a muddle so I made a lot of mistakes to start with, but I do it sincerely, thanks to the arrangement of the company." Adam says openly that this performance will not only overcome difficulties with the costumes, the dance moves have left him with headache and sore knees. However, he is determined to pull off the performance as he says jokingly: "TVB spirit - no-one dies for nothing!"

http://www.takungpao...7/UL-330616.htm
http://www.takungpao...7/UL-330615.htm
http://the-sun.com.h...32947_0003.html
Credits to Em - http://www.tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#47 Guests

• Guests

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:09 AM

I first know and like her in armed reaction4. but dislike her role in split second and her pairing with alex...

BUT, last night, i finished watching burning flame2 and i like her and alex together..heehee

I cant stop notice though how skinny she is..she is way too skinny..

#48 honda_civic_type_r

honda_civic_type_r

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 03:22 PM

yoyo was really good in Armed reaction 4..i fink she played the part of sunnie really well...iv seen her b4 but only in really minor roles and never in a leading role...i hope tvb giv her more parts in the future...

#49 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao 03/12/04]

Dicky Cheung, Yoyo Mung, Rain Li, Emme Wong, Natalie Ng, Jerry Lamb, Anson Leung, Wong Yat Fei and Siu Ding Yat were at the press conference for "Kung Fu Soccer" that will be aired on TVB after "The Conqueror's Story" as of next Monday.

At the event, Dicky was bombarded with flirting from the ladies as Yoyo using her eyes, Emme showing off her beautiful legs and Natalie giving a birdsong rendition, but when it came to Rain, Dicky turned to her and said: "I don't need it from 'big sister in law'. I treat her like a mother, so I respect her a lot." When Rain heard this, she said: "Hey, don't mess around!" and in the end she passed the test without having to do anything.

When she was joked with on the stage, Rain seemed rather shocked, but responding to remarks that she seemed rather angry, she explained: "I was rather embarrassed actually, because I don't want this title and I still have plenty of opportunities." When she was asked to pose for a photo with rumoured boyfriend Siu Ding Yat, she tried to delay it and would not stand next to him, at which point Siu turned to the press and said: "Don't force her! Give us a way out!!" When the press asked Rain to be more gracious about it, only then did she stand next to Siu and said accusingly: "What's wrong? You did not come over to me?" Siu explained tht he wanted to have the photo taken on the stage in front of the promotional boards, so they went onto the stage for the picture.

Rain also announced yesterday that she has changed her Chinese name back to the original character for her "Wah". She says: "On my ID card, it uses this 'Wah', but my first management company changed it to 'Wah' (with a 'wood radical). My new manager Mrs Lam has checked it with a fortune reader and they have told me to change it back because the other 'Wah' represents a type of tree that grows and dies quickly, but the other 'Wah' means the region of China that suggests I will make good progress there."

Also, when Rain was filming in Hengdian earlier for "Lady Wang in Exile", she was given a necklace by a director and hopes that this will bring her good luck. When asked why she was given this, she smiles that maybe because she was playing Lady Wang. Asked if her boyfriend knows about this, she immediately said that she does not have a boyfriend. Then when she was asked if Siu knows about this, she says that the whole company and her assistant knowns. Asked if she was afraid that Siu would be jealous, she says it is nothing to do with him. She adds: "This director is well versed in the I-Ching and philosophy, so he read my fortune and says that I will have great luck in the future." Since wearing the necklace, she has won a few hundred dollars on the Mark Six lottery.

After letting slip about Rain and Siu's relationship and embarrassing the couple, Dicky went on to announce loudly: "Haven't they been together for a while? Only joking, what is there to be shy about, men and women dating is a very common thing and they go well together. I hope they start a family soon!"

As for his own relationship with his girlfriend, Dicky says it is stable and laughs that he is waiting for his fox spirit to apepar. Later he adds: "I will look after myself. (When will you be starting a family then?) Don't talk about this!"

As for his production "Kung Fu Soccer" being aired on TVB, what hopes does Dicky have for the show? He says that he hopes to bring up TVB's ratings again and do better than "War and Beauty" because the series has taken over $10 million to make. However, he says that he will not pin too much on the ratings otherwise he may become crazy with the pressure after so long. As for this show being aired at the same time as Stephen Chow's "Kung Fu", he denies that this is an intentional arrangement and actually he had hoped for the show to be aired simultaneously with Japan and Taiwan next year, but as the show has been sold to TVB now, he cannot control this.

Credit to Em at http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#50 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image
[The Sun 12/12/04]

Nancy Sit, Miriam Yeung, Leo Ku, Yoyo Mung and Alex Fong (Chung Shun) were invited to an opening ceremony, but none of the stars actually turned up at the event. Later, Yoyo indicated in a telephone interview: "I received a call from the company at the last minute, saying that the event had been cancelled, so I don't know what happened." Nancy said: "There were two PR companies asking me to do the event, but I don't know which one was the main organiser. I had to do the Tung Wah event, so I did not have time anyway and I turned it down." As for Miriam and Leo, their managers both said that they had not agreed to take part.

http://the-sun.com.h...00151_0003.html
Credits to Em - http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

#51 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 05:07 PM

Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao 24/12/04]

Louis Koo and Yoyo Mung were at the Causeway Bay brance of 3D Gold yesterday to open their new concept store and as well as looking around, they were presented with a crucifix pendant as a gift.

When Louis was asked if he has bought a Christmas present for his mother, he says that she always chooses her own present as she likes diamond jewellery and then he will foot the bill. The items that she buys all have six-figure price tags. Louis has never given diamonds to friends as gifts, just jewellery and he will wear accessories himself usually, but not gold in particular. This Christmas, he will be having a reunion with some old schoolfriends that he has not seen for over ten years. Not usually one for buying presents for festivals, Louis has been forced by one of his friends to buy some presents, which he finally agreed to. However, he has not really spend much effort in choosing the gifts, just going to one of his sponsors and selecting a few items, such as personal hi-fi and candlesticks. Louis will be starring in Jingle Ma's new film "Butterfly Sword" soon and Louis indicates that he will be investing his fee into the movie. He says that this is because he feels that the script is very good and it is a reasonable investment, so he will likely be an executive producer for the show.

Yoyo has to work over Christmas, but she will take time out to attend a friend's Christmas party and exchange gifts. She laughs that she has bought some comedy category III films. During the interview, the strap to her dress kept falling down and she explained that it was just the strap to her top. She says that Alex Fong (Chung Shun) earlier asked her if she had 'changed colour' and she did not understand what he meant. She later found out that he was jesting at her often wearing black underwear. To get her own back, when Alex lost his voice earlier, Yoyo was always joking with him until Alex called her especially one day and said: "My voice is back!" leaving her in fits of laughter.

http://www.takungpao...4/UL-345734.htm

#52 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:42 PM

Posted Image
[Oriental Daily 02/01/05]

Yoyo Mung and Moses Chan were on their first day of filming yesterday for new series "Rouge and Powder" and Yoyo did the gracious thing in buying hot drinks for the cast and crew. Afterwards, she said: "It is the first day of filming today and it is also the first day of the new year, so with the weather being so cold, I bought some hot drinks for everyone to warm up and feel better." When asked if she had been for a crazy celebration for the New Year, she shook her head and said that it was too cold, so she would rather stay in bed and rest.

Working with Moses for the third time, Yoyo says: "He has turned bad, as this is not the first time working together, he has opened up a lot. (Has he been teasing you?) No, I have not found someone as bad as Alex Fong (Chung Shun) yet, Moses is definitely better than Alex."

Moses indicated that he made himself a steak dinner at home on his own to celebrate the New Year: "I bought a Christmas tree earlier, but I did not have time to admire it, so on my day off yesterday, I made myself a steak and as I ate it, I watched the Christmas tree. (When will you find yourself a girlfriend to join you?) At the moment my career is my top priority. (What is your new year wish?) For my career to keep going up and to have a break so I can balance work and leisure."

http://orientaldaily...ent_a16cnt.html

#53 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image
[Oriental Daily 08/01/05]

Gigi Lai and Yoyo Mung were in TKO TVB City filming for new series "Powder and Rouge" yesterday and they were often chatting with each other, seeming very close. It turns out that Yoyo is quite envious that despite working late into the night for filming, Gigi is still able to keep her skin so white and smooth, so she was asking for some skincare tips.

Gigi reveals that she has only one routine with her skin and that is to keep herself out of the sunlight. She says: "Even if I eat Donggui I will have a nosebleed, so I rarely use any herbal remedies. The most important thing is to avoid being in the sun for too long, so even at dusk I will have the umbrella up because there are still UV rays at that time." Gigi will be filming this series until April, with only a couple of days rest for the Chinese New Year. However, she plans to use her days off to shoot an ad and not take any rest at all. She smiles: "Working over the new year, then the best thing would be if I get double pay!"

Yoyo was playing on a brand new handheld games console PSP in between shoots and she says that this was a present from a friend and in Japan they are sold out, with units in Hong Kong being pushed up to over $3000 each. In the past, she would take a book to read whilst working, but she found that she would become too emotional with the stories and this would affect her mood for acting, so she has changed to playing games to pass the time instead.

http://orientaldaily...ent_a19cnt.html

#54 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:32 AM

Posted Image

[The Sun & Oriental Daily 17/01/05]

Moses Chan, Yoyo Mung and Sharon Chan were filming yesterday on location for "Rouge and Powder" on a hillside in a scene that tells of Moses being kidnapped, but rescued by the two ladies. The three run for their lives down the hill and luckily neither Yoyo nor Sharon are afraid of heights.

Sharon also has to wear high heels to film this scene and in the end the heels were completely worn down. Yoyo was a little smarter as she had changed into some pumps to film the scene. She says: "Originally my shoes were two and a half inches high and to run in them meant that it was quite easy to twist my ankle, so I wore a similar coloured pair of pumps instead." As for this show being a female focussed series, there has been very little gossip so far on the set. Yoyo says proudly: "Yes, I am quite lucky in that I do not attract much gossip. The best way to avoid it is to reach an understanding with everyone not to let any rumours affect our friendship. Gigi and I are always joking and we all have a good time playing around."

Sharon does have some bad memories of hillside filming though as she recalls: "Once when I was filming in Beijing on a hillside, I saw that there was a woman on the opposite side of a valley holding a baby. As it was quite close to the 14th day of the 7th month (Chinese Ghost Festival) and no-one around me could see her, I was quite afraid to start with. Luckily it was not night filming."

#55 AutumnTears

AutumnTears

. x3 yoo .

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1796 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:37 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
[Ta Kung Pao, Oriental Daily & The Sun 21/01/05]

There have been reports in a magazine recently alleging that Yoyo has had to borrow money to pay for her apartment because her management company M8 owed her three months wages amounting to $300,000. Yoyo took part in the blessing ceremony for "Rouge and Powder" yesterday and she says that she was not angry at the report because this kind of news appears all the time. However, saying that she has no money to pay her mortgage is quite serious and she does not want her family to worry about her, so she has handed the case to her lawyers. She says that her management company is angrier than her and have made their own statement. She feels that if there is an issue, then she will meet them in private to discuss and she will still be negotiating her contract with them later. When Gigi Lai and Moses Chan handed out lucky packets during the ceremony yesterday, Yoyo joked: "Yes, I am getting paid now!"

Co-star Anne Heung's boyfriend is an executive at M8 and she says that she is not in a position to comment on this matter, especially as it is not directly related to her as she is a TVB-managed artiste. As for the financial position of the company, she is unclear because she is a third party and does not need to know.

As Gigi shared a piece of roast pork with the other female stars, she was asked about the news that her ex-boyfriend Tony Wong (Yuk Long) has been rumoured to have separated from his wife Ngai Sze Pui and she says that it is nothing to do with her and she does not know anything about it. She has not kept in touch with Wong and will not respond to any questions regarding him. Whilst filming for "Rouge", Gigi has been suffering from a sleeping disorder and as many of the crew are unwell, she has been going to sleep as soon as she gets home to build up her immune system.

Gigi comments that in "Rouge" there are plenty of beautiful costumes and beautiful people to see: "The producer has very high standards, so we always have to touch up our make-up and be very meticulous."

http://www.takungpao...1/UL-356175.htm
http://orientaldaily...ent_a65cnt.html
http://the-sun.com.h...04329_0003.html

#56 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao 22/01/05]

Yoyo Mung and Sharon Chan were filming at an old fashioned cinema in Fanling for "Rouge and Powder" yesterday in a scene where Yoyo is helping Moses Chan to court Sharon by telling him to take her to the cinema, so Yoyo hands the tickets to Sharon.

Yoyo exclaims that she never knew there were still cinemas in Hong Kong so old and she remembers that when she was in high school, she played truant and went to a cinema in Sheung Shui to watch "All About Ah Long" and she sat on wooden benches to watch the show. She laughs: "At the time, everyone had seen the film and if I didn't watch it then it would be behind the times, so I had to skip school to go and watch it."

In real life, has she helped a man to court a girl? She says she has not because if they split up, then she would feel guilty about hurting the girl. However, she has introduced men to her female friends, for example during filming for "Split Second", she met a girl through Alex Fong's girlfriend Mok Ho Yan and they became friends, then she introduced her to a male friend and they started dating. They are getting along very well and for Yoyo, she feels happy to have done a good deed.

Sharon wore a chipao for yesterday's scene and as she suffers from low blood sugar, she is very susceptible to the cold, so she wore two pairs of tights and also plenty of heat pads underneath. Despite her condtion, Sharon still wants to lose weight and she will only eat boiled vegetables after work each evening. She says: "I can't help it, the producer says he thinks my cheeks are rather puffy and filming this period series does require a slimmer face to look good. I just love eating too much, so I did put on a lot of weight before and when I wear the chipao's for this show, I am afraid to breathe too deeply in case I split the clasp. Once when Moses heard the buttons pop, he couldn't help laughing, so I really have to lose weight."

#57 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:46 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[Ta Kung Pao, The Sun & Oriental Daily 01/02/05]

After "War and Beauty", the latest TVB production to be pestered by gossip appears to be "Rouge and Powder" as the reports yesterday suggested accusations of arrogance and rule breaking by Yoyo Mung. However, as the cast filmed a funeral scene on location in Ma On Shan yesterday, Yoyo, Gigi Lai, Moses Chan, Anne Heung and Mandy Cho all seemed to get along fine, chatting and laughing and with Mandy even helping Yoyo out with her hairclip.

In response to the allegations, Gigi says she has not seen the actual report, but was asked about this by the press earlier and she had to ask them in return what was happening. She says that she does not have many scenes with Yoyo in the show, but she is a very lively and direct person and very tomboyish, so she makes a good friend because this type of person is less scheming. When asked about the suggestion that her "War and Beauty" co-star Sheren Tang has upset TVB and therefore been left out of some high profile TVB events, Gigi responded: "I don't want to comment as I am not a TVB executive. I think it is just publicity."

Mandy has worked together with Yoyo before in "Split Second", but they did not have many scenes together. This time, they have more chances to work together and she has not heard anything bad said about Yoyo. She feels that all this gossip about fighting and hatred is quite amusing.

Yoyo herself responded by saying: "Nothing of the sort has happened, for fear of sounding cliched, we are all getting along very well. Even producer Mui Siu Ching has denied it and I don't believe that the crew or fellow cast members would say that about me."

#58 jejejeab

jejejeab

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:34 PM

She was born on 3rd August 1977.She is 28.

#59 Guests

• Guests

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:05 PM

Her acting is OK. But i think she looks really pretty. Yoyo should keep up the good work.

#60 m1ss

m1ss

all5TAR++

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6170 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:43 AM

Posted Image
http://img.photobuck...allery/ym02.jpg
http://img.photobuck...allery/ym03.jpg
Posted Image
http://img.photobuck...allery/ym06.jpg
http://img.photobuck...allery/ym08.jpg
http://img.photobuck...allery/ym09.jpg
http://img.photobuck...allery/ym10.jpg
Posted Image
http://img.photobuck...allery/ym23.jpg

#61 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4197 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

Yoyo Mung Ka Wai earlier attended the opening of a restaurant in Macau. "I really like to eat. Last time I attended an ice cream store opening. Although the temperature was very cold, I kept eating. My friends said that when I eat I get so happy that even people who do not like to eat are affected. Thus restaurants often get my to open for them. This time the boss is great. He knew that I was on an overnight flight and boat ride, he cooked shark fin soup for breakfast. Lately I have been working on a series in China. The food there tends to be sweet and a lot aren't right for my appetite. Today I am going to eat more." Yoyo also bought two bags of goodies for her crew in China. "This time the team has been great. They deliberately get my shots first so I can work in Macau. We have had a very happy time working together."

Credit to http://www.geocities...038/050430.html

#62 dee-lush

dee-lush

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 11:46 AM

http://img152.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img152/1892/yoyo5zw.jpg

Healing Hands 3, Too Gruesome and Appalling?

The hot new series, Healing Hands 3 is filled with great actors and actresses including Lawrenence Ng and Gigi Lai, premiered on Monday night in Hong Kong.

In the series, Gigi examines the dead body of Yoyo Mung who is believed to have committed suicide. During the examination, the upper half of the body was filmed which caused audience uproar. The showing the naked dead body has challenged the rating (as in the rating of how old you have to be to watch the program) of this program. Even Yoyo (the person which body was being examined *the body in the series is not her lying still) thought that it was shocking.

Last night, the examination was aired. Gigi examined the body so the showing of the naked body had to show on screen. Even though the scene did not show the offensive parts of the female body, but it still caused uproar and a great debate if that scene was allowed to be shown in such an extent.

Also the part when Lawrenence was doing the operation for the Parkinson Disease patient which showed blood. This made a lot of viewers sick when watching HH3.

Yoyo said to the reporters, “After watching it, many friends called me up and said that it was really shocking and gruesome. I have not watched it myself but I trust my friends and I guess it's quite appalling. But I trust TVB executives that if they think that its alright to air, I think its alright to air.”

- translated by angelic_eyes25

#63 starizblue

starizblue

I Hate Miserable People

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9606 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:49 AM

Translated by Starizblue at http://asianfanatics.net/forum

Posted Image

Bobby Au-Yeung and YoYo Mung are in the process of shooting a new TVB series called "Faat Jing Sin Fung." In this series YoYo will be playing a detective and Bobby will play her lover.

YoYo says that she has gained almost to 110 pounds! Her slim company has expressed concern of her weight gained. They say that she should not be this heavy and that if she gets any heavier, they will make her lose more weight. But YoYo enjoys being 110 pounds. She even says she feels fitter and looks fitter/healthier.

Afterwards, YoYo talked about being love partners with Bobby in Armed Reaction IV. How they were good friends and then became lovers. How they had friendly scenes and then intimate scenes like kissing. YoYo says thank you to Bobby for these wonderful scenes and everything he has taught her.

YoYo says that after filming Armed Reaaction IV, she hasn't really been able to speak with Bobby. If she saw him walking around they would just say hi and walk away.

Bobby says that making love scenes have a big psychological impact on him. Even with the scenes of him and Ada Choi in Armed Reaction IV were sincere and mature. Instead of kissing on the lips, Bobby chose to kiss her on the forehead. But Bobby says that he doesn't mind doing a kissing scene with YoYo, if there is one. Because YoYo is more open about things like this and he wants to thank her for being this way.

"Faat Jing Sin Fung" Stars Yoyo Mung, Frankie Lam, Linda Chung, Florence Kwok, Iva Lo, Astrid Chan, Lai Lok Yi, and Vivien Yao.

#64 dee-lush

dee-lush

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:45 AM

Posted Image

Yoyo Mung's New Ad Shoots

Yoyo Mung as the spokesperson of beauty salon, BG Beauty Plus filmed new advertisements and did photo shoots for ads. On the day of the photo shoot, it was very sunny so Yoyo got sun burnt. Yoyo says, “After coming back, my I was extremely tanned and my skin also had started to peel. Luckily, the beauty salon's treatments, both facial and body helped my skin to get back to normal.”

- translated by angelic_eyes25

Posted Image

#65 AlexFongCS

AlexFongCS

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:35 PM

Really like this one with Alex Fong
Posted Image

#66 cinseto

cinseto

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:36 AM

Modern 'Witness to a Prosecution' to Star Bobby and Yoyo

Building on the ratings success of "To Get Unstuck in Time" and "Misleading Track", TVB will begin filming a new modern mystery series "Forensics Pioneers", produced by Mui Siu Ching and starring the leads from the popular "Armed Reaction IV" Bobby Au Yeung and Yoyo Mung in what is dubbed to be a modern version of "Witness to a Prosecution". Other cast members will include Frankie Lam and Linda Chung.

Bobby laughs that his image is of justice, so he has played members of many government departments, but this does not bore him: "Each role has a different personality! Working again with Yoyo as police forensics is quite fresh, but William So laughed that my partners are getting younger and younger... I hope that we can follow in the footsteps of "Armed Reaction" and film several sequels."

The Sun 17/08/05

credits to http://www.tvbspacenews.org.uk

#67 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:49 PM

http://tvbonthespot.blogspot.com/

http://img295.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img295/8548/23bw.jpg

Yesterday the cast of TVB' series "Forensic Law Cutting Edge," including Yoyo Mung, Bobby Au Yeung, Raymond Cho and Lai Lok Yi were filming a water scene. The plot narrates that Lai Lok Yi's character jumps into the sea to escape from the brave policewoman played by Yoyo Mung and policeman played by Raymond Cho. While preparing and filming for this particular scene, Yoyo had to learn how to do basic swimming beforehand. Originally, Yoyo had to jump into one particular area of the sea, but because of the rough water current, Yoyo jumped to a small area, but later had to had a substitution helper (body double?). Yoyo says that she was a bit worried when she jumped into the sea because she was afraid of the water's current, including the dirty water. When Yoyo and Lai Lok Yi were both into the water and finished filming the scene, Bobby teases, "Yoyo finally found someone and she's not letting him go." In response to this, Yoyo wanted to kick Bobby down the sea at once.

http://img295.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img295/438/39xt1.jpg

#68 Guests

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

credits to: http://www.tvbspacen...05/roundup.html

Posted Image

Tired Yoyo Awaits New Love
Yoyo Mung took part in a cosmetics promotion recently and seemed rather tired as some reports suggest this was due to her recent lost love. She admits that she has been crying and this has left her with rather large bags under her eyes but she has been covering this up with make-up. ASked if this was because of her split with ex-boyfriend Kwok Yiu Fai, Yoyo did not want to discuss this at first but after some hounding from the press, she admitted tht she had split with Kwok because of a difference in personalities. As for news of Kwok's lightning marriage proposal to a supposed good friend of Yoyo's, she syas that she can only wish them well. She adds that she is still good friends with Kwok and they greet each other when they meet, but she emphasises that she does not know the other girl very well.

Asked if she has been crying because of the split, Yoyo says that this is actually a happy occasion. Is this because she is pleased to be out of this triangular entanglement, she says that there is no right or wrong answer because she has not analysed the situation. She says she would like to find a new relationship soon and indicates that her boyfriend has to be tall and faithful.

Yoyo has been busy filming for "Forensic Pioneers" and has been learning to swim and ride horses especially for the part. However, after several injuries from falling off the horse, producer Miu Siu Ching has ordered her to stop.

The Sun 14/09/05
http://www.takungpao...4/UL-456443.htm

#69 ngpossible

ngpossible

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:30 AM

She was bad in the W Files....always was unhappy and her voice was kinda weird...I really liked her in Green Hope though. I hope she continues to work on her acting skills...she needs some improvement

#70 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 01:39 AM

http://img33.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img33/723/se02101430big3lf.jpg

This year's TVB Anniversary series "Beneath the Charm" will be broadcasting this Monday. In order to promote for the grand production series, the cast including Moses Chan, Gigi Lai, Yoyo Mung, Anne Heung, Mandy Cho, Sharon Chan, Kiki Sheung and others demonstrated their costumes in the series, as they did a mini catwalk show for the audience. Gigi Lai was the first to walk on the stage, displaying some beautiful costumes. Although Gigi had fans brining her flowers, Moses and Anne seems to have the most support and applause from the audience.

Moreover, Gigi was singing the themesong for this series in public for the first time yesterday. Releasing an album ten years ago, Gigi felt a bit nervous while singing for the audience, thus made her feel pressured. Gigi says that about the show being more on the "feminine" side, they asked Gigi to sing the themesong, but Gigi says that Moses also has a great voice. When asked if Gigi has high expectations for the series and the ratings, Gigi says that the script for this series is excellent, thus she feels confident. Gigi was also asked whether or not she feels that she will win the "Best Actress" award again this year, Gigi says of course she wants to win. When asked who is her pick for the "Best Actress" award this year, Gigi chose Liza Wang.

While walking on the stage, Moses Chan received many applauses from the audience. At the TVB Anniversary lighting ceremony yesterday, Moses received a lot of votes from fellow artists. Moses has a total of four nominations this year, in which "Best Actor" is the most prominent. In response, Moses feels that he is honored to be nominated and given many opportunities the past year. Just being nominated makes Moses feel thrilled. When asked for Moses' pick for the winner of "Best Actor" this year, he chose Roger Kwok.

Yesterday at the catwalk, Anne Heung was the female actress that received the most applauses and support. When asked for her thoughts, Anne smiles and says, "Maybe it's because my series "Hidden Treasures" has been broadcasting lately and my performance and role for that series was different from my other series." Anne expresses that she really anticipated for "Beneath the Charm" to be broadcasted, because her character is pitiful, yet manipulative.

As for Yoyo Mung, in the series she wears mostly Western-style clothing during that era. When asked if other actresses in the series are wearing beautiful and attractive chipaos making her feel less 'attractive', Yoyo says, "Actually they envy me for wearing these Western clothing because it is more comfortable than wearing chipaos while filming."

http://img33.imageshack is not allowed anymore.us/img33/8068/se02101416big8hv.jpg

#71 dee-lush

dee-lush

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:35 AM

Posted Image

Yoyo Mung crazy shopping sprees due lost love?

It is said, that when a female gets out of love they are extremely sad, causing them to go shopping for shoes! Yoyo Mung has stepped out and shown it is true. But she said that after breaking up with her boyfriend, Yoyo was not totally lost and would not buy all the shoes she saw!

Yoyo and her boyfriend Marcus Kwok have been dating for 4 years, but because of another person, making it a love triangle, they were required to break up. It is known that the ‘third person' is Yoyo's friend. After breaking up with Yoyo, Marcus is said to have gotten married to the ‘third person'. This caused Yoyo to be extremely sad and go on shopping sprees. Another of Yoyo's ex-boyfriends, Eric So is dating Candy Lo. Although Yoyo was still hurt by her loss of love, she still wished Eric and Candy well.
Last Sunday, Yoyo was seen shopping with her friend at a shopping centre. Yoyo appeared unhappy, maybe it has something to do with dating? Yoyo and her friend were seen walking around the shoe shop looking at every pair of stilettos, wedges and boots. Yoyo sat down to try a few shoes but none of them suited her very well so she did not buy any. Both of them left the shop with nothing.

- translated by angelic_eyes25 @ http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:07 PM

Yoyo's acting in The Charm Beneath right now. She has a new series, not sure if it finished filming or not. It's with Bobby Au =)

I like Yoyo's role in The Charm Beneath. It seems that Anne's role is bigger than hers? How can that be! Yoyo shines a lot in The Charm Beneath. But Anne's role seems to be more bigger than hers. How sad =( .. A lot of times, the best character that shines always have the smallest role.

Edit: merged posts

Edited by SHE11x., 06 November 2007 - 11:45 PM.

#73 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:15 AM

Credits to Sam

Gigi Lai, Yoyo Mung, Sharon Chan, Moses Chan and others promoted the anniversary series "Beneath the Charm" yesterday. In the past years, Gigi has been doing many charities, in which the promotion yesterday was a charity event. Gigi hopes that in three years, the Hong Kong schools system will nurture and she is worried about the pressure that children in Hong Kong are facing.

Recently, Yoyo spent some time with her mother and was asked if she is urged to get married. Yoyo says that she Yoyo says that Also, Yoyo's female cousin recently married a doctor in the department of neurology. As the series' ratings has been average, Yoyo is confident that it will increase as she feels that the storyline needs time to expand on the plot.

Leading actor, Moses Chan is also confident on the ratings for the series. Moses believes that the ratings will rise. When asked who his choice for "Best Actor" this year, Moses picked Roger Kwok for the role as Ah Wong in "Life Made Simple." Moses praised Roger's performance and portrayal as Ah Wong.

For Sharon, who was wearing a low top yesterday, she says that she was told to wear something a bit attractive in order to celebrate for the series. Sharon reveals that lately she has been going shopping and purchased many sexy clothes. As Sharon is currently slimming, her face is quite slimmer already.

Edited by mv_288, 11 April 2008 - 02:38 AM.
removed pics w/o yoyo

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:40 AM

Pics of Yoyo -

Posted Image
Posted Image

Peace & Serenity

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3157 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:08 PM

She was in AR2? I don't recall her in being in AR2. AR4 you meaN? I liked her in AR4! She looked really nice in that doctor's outfit and played her role nicely (:

#76 dee-lush

dee-lush

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:23 AM

http://asianfanatics...php?pos=-136623

Angela Tong says Yoyo Mung did not steal her bf

Earlier, a magazine reported that Angela Tong said that Yoyo Mung stole her boyfriend. The article also said that the two were never and will never be friends. Yesterday, Angela said she was innocent and did not accuse Yoyo of anything, she said, “I have never said that! The reporters must have heard wrong! Yoyo dated Marcus (Angela's ex) after we broke up. When I see Yoyo at work, I will always say hi to her. (Will you explain to Yoyo?) Of course I will explain! When we previously had some misunderstanding, she came up to me and explained. She did not have to explain, but by explaining, Yoyo made me see her in a different way. I think that she is very nice.”

Angela said that she is still friends with her ex-boyfriend.

#77 jadedreams27

jadedreams27

TVB fanatic #1

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2147 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:59 AM

I never liked Yoyo much, but after Beneath the Charm, I find that she's not that bad and started to like her. Although I didn't like her that much in the past, I did like her characters in Burning Flame 2 and Armed Reaction IV. Now, I am looking forward to her series!

#78 dee-lush

dee-lush

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3914 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image

Bobby and Yoyo's pash scene makes Bobby nervous

On Wednesday, Bobby Au-Yeung and Yoyo Mung were filming a scene for their latest TVB series, Forensic Law Cutting Edge. This scene they filmed comprised of Bobby and Yoyo pashing each other. Bobby who usually loves playing tricks on Yoyo turned very nervous when doing the scene. To take revenge on Bobby, Yoyo acted more open which made Bobby more anxious.

This is not the first pash scene for Bobby and Yoyo as they had a pash scene previously in ‘Armed Reaction IV'. Bobby said jokingly that Yoyo had not changed since their last pash scene making this pash scene very boring to do.

Before shooting this scene, Bobby was mucking around and pretended to be a ghost. But when it was time to shoot the scene, Bobby was very nervous. For pay back, when walking to their positions, Yoyo pretended to be very open and screamed out to Bobby, “Come on baby!” When they were just about to kiss, Yoyo said to Bobby, “You've got stuff in your eyes!” This made Bobby even more anxious. Yoyo was extremely happy about her come back.

As the director wanted to shoot the pash scene from different angles, Bobby and Yoyo had to kiss over 10 times. Even though Yoyo was playing tricks on Bobby, Bobby did not mind and turned out to be appreciative of Yoyo's actions, he said, “When male actors do kissing scenes, we are very nervous. With Yoyo making jokes, it makes me feel more relaxed!”

#79 yunise

yunise

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 10:37 AM

I think she look very pretty in acient shows. I first notice her in the ne Zha show. I think she with Marco in "Split Second" will be more cool.

#80 Linda Shirley Sheh

Linda Shirley Sheh

Sexually Confused

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1116 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:34 AM

she has been so great all in all the series
did you nkow she was nominated as best new artiste in 1998 and she has starred with Lau Ching Wan and Andy Lau!!! she is really great - I think she will make it bigger in the movie business 'cause tvb sucks in promoting the right ppl!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: yoyo mung, mung ka wah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users