AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Charles Ying Cheong Yau (應昌佑)

charles ying ying cheong yau

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
180 replies to this topic

#41 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:45 AM

Does he have a website where I can listen/ or download his songs? =)

#42 sgrhigh424

sgrhigh424

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:29 AM

From Orisun.com 1/1/06
Charles Ying wants to change his hunchback!
"I used to play basketball a lot so i always have to bend over. Over time I got a hunchback. So it looks bad on stage and is bad for my health. Because hunchback will stop my lungs so my singing won't be as good. So i hope I can change this bad habit next year!"

#43 JOEY FAN

JOEY FAN

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:48 PM

i reckon charles is cute and good at singing, i love his live singing, its soooo strong, sounds like he wont go offtune. im very disappointed that he didnt receive a bronze award at crhk 903 awards, i thought he would get that! hopefully, he has more opportunities to show off his talent this year.

#44 Acucaracha8

Acucaracha8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

I really like his Thursday song ang 24 featuring Janice^^

:O his EP came out....oh no:( i want to buy it but i dont think theres any left at the stores where i buy my chinese CDs

#45 meowie

meowie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:27 AM

Does he have a website where I can listen/ or download his songs? =)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u may go to www.charlesforum.com there are many tv and audia clips u can download from

#46 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

Heard he wrote songs for Janice and he has a whole cd out now !!
he is better than edison ! :yeah

#47 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

http://www.mingpaonews.com/
http://www.asianfanatics.net
translations by xbunnylicious

Posted Image

Janice doesn't know how to read a single Chinese word and Charles Ying often spends New year in Taiwan, so what exactly are their CNY customs? Today is the 'cleaning day' of CNY, so Janice and Charles especially took some time off and helped clean the company's bathrooms!

Don't think of Janice and Charles as spoiled children at home and won't do chores at home. During the interview, they both expressed that they will clean the house, wipe the refrigerators, and living room windows. At one time, playful Janice took the mop and placed it on Charles head as a wig. Charles, who loves neatness, immediately stepped away and chased after Janice with a broom. But even with all these jokes, they still cleaned the company till it's sparkling clean!

Janice's dad is Filipino and her mom is Korean so even though she has a bit of Chinese blood in her, she does not have any New Year decorations or goods in her house. She said, "But I know getting red envelopes is very happy!" When Janice was younger, she has actually went visiting relatives with friends. Other than getting red envelopes, she also got the chance to try all the New Year cakes and sweets. During this New Year, she will be visiting her mom in Korea with her younger sister Jill. She jokes, "I haven't seen my mom for three years already. I am ready for her to be mad at me when I go back because my mom has objected to me being in the showbiz all along. Now that Jill is becoming a singer, she will definately be mad!"

Charles has always loved neatness. Even though he has always followed this day of New Years cleaning, he must to tidy up his house if he sees a mess. He said, "When I was schooling in America, I also cleaned the dorm so I am an expert in this aspect!" For this New Year, Charles will go back to Taiwan to celebrate like always. He expressed that the New Year atmosphere there can't be comapred with Hong Kong's since all stores are closed for 4 days. Charles said, "The best is that we can play with firecrackers and receive red envelopes. So I love to spend New Year in Hong Kong since it's very exciting here!"

Both Charles and Janice expressed that they have prepared red envelopes this year to give to company members. As with first time passing them out, they both think it feels weird passing it out before they are not even married yet.

(Click to view larger versions)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#48 bobcat8745

bobcat8745

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:01 AM

hope everyone has a good Chinese New Year. By the way, Charles EP is sooo good.

#49 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:02 PM

Has there been any radio interviews of Charles and Janice together? or anymore individual radio interview interviews of them?

Does anyone have all his MVs from his Album if so can you please upload all of them for me thanks.

Just downloaded his Album expected it to be better, only like two of the songs, the 24 one with Janice and the only sad and slow song in his album called "I'm not good". After listening to his radio interview I think he's right about liking to singing slow songs more cause I think he's better at singing those type of songs. The other songs in his album are more upbeat which aren't that good. Only good upbeat song I like was the one with Janice called 24. Hopefully his next album would feature more slow songs that he likes to sing cause he seems to sing better with slow songs and is more into the slow songs.

u may go to www.charlesforum.com there are many tv and audia clips u can download from

Can you tell me how to register step by step thanks cause I don't know how to read chinese.

#50 lito_mi

lito_mi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:07 AM

Charles is so cute!!! He sure can sing!!! I luv his mv with Janice so cute!!

#51 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2006 - 05:27 AM

Does anyone have the MVs of Charles' album? I got teh 24 MVs but that's it. I want to watch his other MVs as well. Does anyone have other radio interviews or interviews of Charles or Janice?

#52 xbunnylicious

xbunnylicious

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:08 PM

http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20060405/
http://www.asianfanatics.net
translations by xbunnylicious

Posted Image

On the 2nd of this month, Charles Ying has turned 27 years old. Last night he held a birthday party with fans at McDonalds. Wearing a birthday hat, Charles received kisses from female fans. On that day he also had to do recordings, "I'm only eating dinner with my family at night. (What did Janice do?) She didn't give me a gift yet. She needed to work these few days. Some fans gave me an egg machine(?) and in the eggs were messages all handwritten by fans. It was really encouraging!"

When he was asked whether Leon has given him anything he said, "He did leave a message for me. He said he will continue to support me. (Birthday wish?) Hope my new album will have good results."

#53 bebe2019

bebe2019

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2887 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:09 PM

WOW... Here is another HOT HK singer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charles Ying is adorable!!!!!!!!!! He look young!!!!!!!!!!
I love his voice!!!! Especially when he sings with Janice!!!!

#54 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

Heard he wrote songs for Janice and he has a whole cd out now !!
he is better than edison ! :yeah

Actually think you got Charles mixed up with Justin cause Justin is the one who wrote lyrics to some of Janice's songs at least that's what I've heard not sure if it's true or not. From his message he left at his forum it seems like he's trying to learn how to compose his own songs and really wants compose mandarin songs. In case you don't know, for sure Charles's song 24(featured Janice), was actually produced by Justin, you can really tell it's produced by Justin cause it sounds like his style of songs. Through Charles his radio interview I found out that Justin, Janice, and Charles are all good friends with each other. You can actually really tell through the way they acted in the Christmas Newcomer show hosted by Ronald and Miriam. Charles sang the song Crystal with Justin, really liked that part I think they should really havea duet together.

#55 babebluegurl

babebluegurl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:25 AM

hahah hes so funny... having a bday party at mcdonalds... don't he dink hes too old for that? lol

#56 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:59 AM

hmm anyone have all Charles's MVs, except the 24 one cause I have that one. Does anyone have any other radio or video interviews of him?

http://www.mingpaonews.com/
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/
translated by dee-lush

Posted Image

Janice Spotted Playing With Charles' Hand

Janice Wei and Charles Ying attended the premier of ‘Ice Age 2’ last night. On Friday, the media released rumours regarding the two to the public, saying that at a concert, Janice and Charles were very close, with Janice frequently seen playing with Charles’ hand. Charles explained that Janice was merely playing with his hands and revealed that when he is happy, he will also hold onto Janice’s hand. When questioned if he wanted to ask Janice out, Charles said he didn’t and restated that Janice was only playing his hands. Charles then continued on to explain that Janice is a very friendly and nice girl who is only his friend.

For those who want to download all of Charles' MVs and the MV to the mandarin song he sang before he became a singer for Leon and Faye Wong's movie which originally was suppose to be sang by Leon but Leon let Charles sing it after listening to Charles' version.
http://www.mtv152.co...s/mtv1374_1.htm

Edited by Sport3888, 14 April 2006 - 02:14 AM.

#57 bubbles72

bubbles72

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:41 AM

charles is a pretty good singer! hehe i had the song 24 stuck in my head for soo long!

and does janice wear glasses...because in the picture before she has them on

#58 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:25 AM

Here are two interviews with Charles and Janice both as guests:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WJ5UKSV5
This one is a must to listen to and not just the one with Charles and Janice

I uploaded the show but if you want to listen to the files with other guests go here http://www.rthk.org....y/20051210.html and click on the this button:Posted Image

Charles and Janice also did another interview on another radio show:
This one isn't as much fun and interesting but still good for Janice and/or Charles fans.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NYS2BQ14

Edited by Sport3888, 22 April 2006 - 05:49 AM.

#59 sanyi

sanyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:58 AM

i can't read chinese. is it possible for you to give us direction on how to download charles' MV? thanks.

For those who want to download all of Charles' MVs and the MV to the mandarin song he sang before he became a singer for Leon and Faye Wong's movie which originally was suppose to be sang by Leon but Leon let Charles sing it after listening to Charles' version.
[/quote]

#60 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:49 AM

i can't read chinese. is it possible for you to give us direction on how to download charles' MV? thanks.

1. Let say you want to download this song 怎会失恋
click on this Posted Image怎会失恋

2. Wait for the window to load
Then Click on one of these links
Posted Image
mtv下载服务器1
[网通一]网通用户点此观看
mtv下载服务器2

3. Wait for the window to load again
Then there would be several blue links click on the one on the top right hand side under a banner there would a blue link that look something like this µã»÷Êó±êÓÒ¼ü-Ä¿±êÁí´æΪ¼È¿ÉÏÂÔØ click on it and you should be able to save the file

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't know Charles is the voice in the cantonese version of Ice Age 2. Go here to watch the interview of all the artists that took part in recorder their voice for the movie. It's pretty short but still interesting to see which character Charles played, man now I want to watch the cantonese version. No wonder Charles was at movie premiere, I thought he went there with Janice and had nothing to do with the movie, turns out he took part in it.

For the Love Actually Radio Show, Charles took part in the ones with Fiona and Niki Chow as well cause they called him. There was also another time where they wanted to call to look for Charles during the one with Don Li but his assistant I think said he was doing a cable interview. Be sure to check those out too.

Fiona against Chapman To (Chapman is also in the same music company as Charles and Janice), and Fiona had to call a male singer and ask him if he'd like to make a group with her but the name had to be Pretty Girls so she called Charles. What Chapman To said afterwards was funny when Charles found out it was just a game.

http://www.rthk.org....y/20060107.html
to listen click on either real player or window media player

Niki Chow against Jade Kwan , Niki had to call a male artist to ask him if he would go out with her so she called Charles. Haha this time Charles knew it was the same game again since Fiona called him earlier or maybe because he went on the show already with Janice not sure.

http://www.rthk.org....y/20060318.html

Don Li partnered with Angela and they find someone who so far only had one album out but this one is very exciting cause during that time it was Christmas and most singers were doing functions. Near the end they tried to reach Charles but he was doing Cable interview so they told the person on the phone to tell them who was around them and grab a person who was a newcomer. The punishment was that they had to call a singer who thinks he or she would win awards at the award shows and they called Janice. They called the same person that they called to look for Charles since Janice and Charles are in the same company. I think during that time the newcomers were all doing the TVB Christmas Newcomer Show. That Christmas show was awesome it's a must see.

http://www.rthk.org....y/20051224.html

Enjoy!

There's also a radio show that you can watch that talks about food and Charles was a guest for one time but I'm uploading it so will post the links when there're done. There are four parts and there's a part where Charles demontrates how to make cheese sticks.

Edited by Sport3888, 14 May 2006 - 04:35 AM.

#61 60699

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3672 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:58 PM

Translated by 60699@asianfanatics.net
Taken from bbs.ent.163.com

Posted Image

The 3rd Annual "Music King" Awards -- Winners List

Over 50 artists attended the 3rd Annual "Music King" Awards on May 20, 2006. 100 awards were given out in 34 categories. The winners are:

Top 10 Cantonese Songs
越唱越強 - Joey Yung
浮夸 - Eason Chan
繼續談情 - Andy Lau
幼稚園 - Twins
男孩像你 - Fiona Sit
蒙 - Juno Mak
大哥 - Janice Wei
勞斯·萊斯 - Denise Ho
天才與白痴 - Leo Ku
親愛的 - Aaron Kwok

Top 10 Mandarin Songs
過雲雨 - Hin Cheung
野蠻游戲 - Jolin Tsai
相愛多年 - Hong Hung & Andy Hui
不想張大 - S.H.E.
見習愛神 - Twins
再說一次·我愛你 - Andy Lau
希望 - Kelly Chen
童話 - Michael Kong
勇者之歌 - Nicholas Tse
三岔口 - Aaron Kwok

Duos/Groups with the Most Potential
Don & Mandy, Krusty, V.O.X

Duo/Group with the Most Potential - Gold Award
Soler

Female Artists with the Most Potential
Hong Kong: Kay Tse, Toby Leung, Gold - Janice Wei
Taiwan: Kwok Mei Mei, Gold - Rainie Yang
Mainland China: Rachel Kar, Elise Liu, Gold - Chen Hao

Male Artists with the Most Potential
Hong Kong: Charles Ying, Louis Cheung, Khalil Fong, Gold - Ron Ng & Kenny Kwan
Taiwan: Gold - Alan Kuo
Mainland China: Gou Wei, Gold - Chen Shang Shi

Composer King
Ronald Ng

Lyrics King
Wyman Wong

Arranger King
Gary Chan

Singer-Composer Artists
Endy Chow, Pong Nan

Singer-Composer Kings
Michael Kong & Nicholas Tse

Best DJ Singers
Radio Lady, Lin Yi, Barry Yip

Outstanding Young Singers
Hong Kong: Fiona Sit
Taiwan: Alan Luo
Mainland China: Chen Hao
Guang Dung: Hins Cheung

Web's Favorite Singers
Male: Deep Ng, Yip Sai Wing, Endy Chow
Female: Rain Li, Yan Ng, Vangie Tang, Joyce Lee
Group: Cream

Best Dancing Group
EO2

Best Rock 'n Roll Song
夏韶聲 - Juk Tin Woh Foo

Karaoke Song - Gold
大哥 - Janice Wei

Best Commerical Song
雨裡同行 - Renee Tai

Best On-Stage Performer
Yumiko Cheng

Versatile Actor/Singer
Kan Kan

Favorite Groups
Hong Kong: Twins
Taiwan: S.H.E. 
Mainland China: Age of Water and Wood

Favorite Female Artists
Hong Kong - Denise Ho
Taiwan: Jolin Tsai
Mainland China - Hong Hung

Favorite Male Artists
Hong Kong: Andy Lau
Taiwan: Michael Kong
Mainland China: Hins Cheung

Grand Media Award
Male Artist: Eason Chan
Female Artist: Joey Yung
Group: Twins

Gold Song Award
浮夸 - Eason Chan

Best Selling Album
Bi-heart - Joey Yung

Grand Band Award
Tat Ming

TVB8 & "Music King" Combined Award - Listener's Favorite Mandarin Song
約定 - Michael Kong

Best Album Award
釋放 - Nicholas Tse

Favorite Concert Performance
Aaron Kwok Mega Hits Concert - Aaron Kwok

Best Stage Performer
Aaron Kwok

"Music Queen"
Joey Yung

"Music King"
Eason Chan

"Music King of all Kings"
Aaron Kwok

#62 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:16 AM

Man Charles, Kahil should've gotten gold, Ron Ng can't sing.

#63 sanyi

sanyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:39 AM

Man Charles, Kahil should've gotten gold, Ron Ng can't sing.

yeah...i also think both charles and khalil are better singers than ron.

between, anyone know when charles will be releasing a new album?

#64 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:23 AM

OMG just checked out www.charlesforum.com right now again and it turns out Charles has a new song called "Thanks for everything". Anyone have it? His next album should be a mandarin album. He left a new message to his fans in english telling them not to worrying that he's not doing anything probably due to not much exposer lately and that actually he's working hard on his new mandarin album. Go check it out if you haven't

Here's the message he left if you aren't registered yet.

Hey guyz! Its me....Charles!

Hi my adorable fans! I'm sorry that i haven't been on to the forum much, I really really hope you all understand I don't always have the time. Pls forgive me and accept my apology! Cool
I just happen to have spare the time now and I'd like to tell u all that what a wonderful job you all have done to make this forum alive and well! I am so so so so happy to know so many of u is showing your love and support! Extremely grateful from the bottom of my heart!
Have to thank the ppl managing this forum, Flora @ MOUSEPAD and the long distance fan Katherine. I hope we could meet soon Katherine, hope you are doing well.
To all the other fanz, I love you all very very much! I know it seems like I don't have much work to do nowadays, pls don't worry, I'm just working really hard on my new mandarin album. I hope to surprise you all with a freeesshh new look and a fressshhh new voice. Some songs u may have heard before, some will be new, but I can guarantee these will all be great songs!
I dunno if anyone of you have heard my new song "Thanks for everything", hope you all like it, cuz I like it very much myself. Pls stay tuned for my upcoming new songs.
Until next time we meet again....stay cool everyone!!!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! Wink

Charles

http://www.charlesfo..._ch_069_154.jpg

Pictures of Charles for the news on the awards posted earlier is available over at Charles' forum
http://www.charlesfo...opic.php?t=2329 Really want this watch this award show, is it available for download?

http://www.charlesfo...rles_10_105.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_09_672.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_08_117.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_07_122.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_06_121.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_05_116.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_04_167.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_03_178.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_02_388.jpg
http://www.charlesfo...rles_01_217.jpg

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grrr..........can't believe Charles didn't win gold and that Ron won over all those singers, that' so unfair.

Edited by shellstarx., 20 March 2008 - 12:45 AM.

#65 sanyi

sanyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:40 AM

thanks for sharing the news. really appreciate it.

i can't read chinese fluently so can't really work my way around the www.charlesforum.com

yeah, looking forward to his new album

OMG just checked out www.charlesforum.com right now again and it turns out Charles has a new song called "Thanks for everything". Anyone have it? His next album should be a mandarin album. He left a new message to his fans in english telling them not to worrying that he's not doing anything probably due to not much exposer lately and that actually he's working hard on his new mandarin album. Go check it out if you haven't

Here's the message he left if you aren't registered yet.

Hey guyz! Its me....Charles!

Hi my adorable fans! I'm sorry that i haven't been on to the forum much, I really really hope you all understand I don't always have the time. Pls forgive me and accept my apology! Cool
I just happen to have spare the time now and I'd like to tell u all that what a wonderful job you all have done to make this forum alive and well! I am so so so so happy to know so many of u is showing your love and support! Extremely grateful from the bottom of my heart!
Have to thank the ppl managing this forum, Flora @ MOUSEPAD and the long distance fan Katherine. I hope we could meet soon Katherine, hope you are doing well.
To all the other fanz, I love you all very very much! I know it seems like I don't have much work to do nowadays, pls don't worry, I'm just working really hard on my new mandarin album. I hope to surprise you all with a freeesshh new look and a fressshhh new voice. Some songs u may have heard before, some will be new, but I can guarantee these will all be great songs!
I dunno if anyone of you have heard my new song "Thanks for everything", hope you all like it, cuz I like it very much myself. Pls stay tuned for my upcoming new songs.
Until next time we meet again....stay cool everyone!!!

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! Wink

Charles

http://www.charlesfo..._ch_069_154.jpg

Pictures of Charles for the news on the awards posted earlier is available over at Charles' forum
http://www.charlesfo...opic.php?t=2329 Really want this watch this award show, is it available for download?

[Grrr..........can't believe Charles didn't win gold and that Ron won over all those singers, that' so unfair.

Edited by lenax3, 19 March 2008 - 11:53 PM.
remove [img] tags when quoting

#66 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:51 AM

But there're english translations for the threads, although, the news articles might not be in english but the thread names are usually in both chinese and english. I just usually click on the ones with pictures since I don't know how to read chinese either and also would check out the thread where Charles leave messages in english for his fans.

To Check out messages Charles leaves for his fans and vice versa:
Go to
給昌佑的留言 Message to Charles
Then to
the threads with these icons Posted Image at the top, these are the messages left by Charles, they're all in english so you'd be able to understand.

For News:
Go to one of these threads

Charles 行程及活動消息 Function

昌佑報章報導 Newspaper

昌佑雜誌 Magazine

After go to one of the threads above, there would be threads for each news, and those with pics with have this icon Posted Image are the ones with pictures usually taken by fans.

Edited by Sport3888, 29 May 2006 - 04:01 AM.

#67 *Katherine*

*Katherine*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:41 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Katherine. I am the one from Charles Forum. I am so surprised to see some non-chinese Charles fan here. Nice to meet you all!! :loool:

Friendly speaking, I won't have time to translate all Charles news in English; however, I will try to come here more often and let you guys know more about Charles and his update news. So everyone is a big fan of Charles here?? hehe...:P

Charles is working on his new mandarin album now. He has already recored 4 songs, probably his album will be release in summer. His first plug mandarin song is out now, the song called "Thanks for everything". The song talks about a couple broke up, and the guy is so thanksful for the time they had been together.

There is a website which you can pre-listen the song, here is the link:
http://music.sina.co.../albums.cgi?l=2 , scroll down to Charles' one, click on the button that under the MV icon (the blue one is which u suppose to click in). After that, you will see a pop up window, click on the icon which next to MV icon (the one that has a walkman sign on it), then you should be able to hear the song in few seconds!! Enjoy!! :lmao:

Edited by *Katherine*, 30 May 2006 - 02:42 AM.

#68 sanyi

sanyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:17 AM

thanks for all the effort katherine!

had a listen to charles new song 'thanks for everything'. it was smooth and nice.

between, i heard that he was 'discovered' when he sang the themesong for one of leon lai and faye wong's movies. can't remember the name of that movie. do you have the link that i can have a listen to?

----------

quote name='*Katherine*' date='May 30 2006 11 41 AM' post='2468276']
Hi everyone, my name is Katherine. I am the one from Charles Forum. I am so surprised to see some non-chinese Charles fan here. Nice to meet you all!! :loool:

Friendly speaking, I won't have time to translate all Charles news in English; however, I will try to come here more often and let you guys know more about Charles and his update news. So everyone is a big fan of Charles here?? hehe...:P

Charles is working on his new mandarin album now. He has already recored 4 songs, probably his album will be release in summer. His first plug mandarin song is out now, the song called "Thanks for everything". The song talks about a couple broke up, and the guy is so thanksful for the time they had been together.

There is a website which you can pre-listen the song, here is the link:
http://music.sina.co.../albums.cgi?l=2 , scroll down to Charles' one, click on the button that under the MV icon (the blue one is which u suppose to click in). After that, you will see a pop up window, click on the icon which next to MV icon (the one that has a walkman sign on it), then you should be able to hear the song in few seconds!! Enjoy!! :lmao:
[/quote]

#69 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:46 PM

Oh I have that mandarin song that he sang for Leon and Faye Wong's movie a while ago before he became a singer, I can upload it if you want it. I posted a website and directions to download all of Charles' MVs, and it included the MV for that mandarin song for Leon and Faye Wong's Movie but it only showed scenes from the movie. I got addicted to that mandarin song it was really good.

我是否还爱你 - Charles Ying (應昌佑)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7ZMMYRC

Edited by Sport3888, 03 June 2006 - 10:41 PM.

#70 ~Berry

~Berry

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:57 PM

hes looks goooooooood.
f*ck outsa here he not no edison wannabe.

Oh I have that mandarin song that he sang for Leon and Faye Wong's movie a while ago before he became a singer, I can upload it if you want it.

Can you please upload it ??!?!

#71 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:59 PM

I uploaded it already it above your post. It a very very very addictive and good song, hopefully his mandarin songs would be as good as the one in Leon and Faye Wong's movie, I was wondering why his mandarin in their movie wasn't in his first album, maybe they're planning to put it in his second mandarin album.

#72 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:03 PM

By the way The Mcdonald Ad with Janice and Charles was the ad where Janice won Best Actress of a Commercial at the ATV The 12th Annual Most Popular TV Commerical Awards Already Aired on April 22, 2006. I was so happy that she won but too bad she didnt' show up, neither didi Eason who won Best Commercial Song which was also for a Mcdonald Ad.

Charles's song 24(featuring Janice) was one of the four nominated songs for Best Commercial Song. ATV actor Chan Chin Pang sang a medley to the four nominated songs which included, Soler's, Eason's, Andy's, and finally Charles' song. I was so surprised and happy that Charles's song was nominated. Charles was so cute and funny with his expression in the Mcdonald Ad where they replayed it after they announced Janice as the winner. I posted the link to download that show at Janice's forum over here because it had more to do with her. That ad was so sweet and cute and funny, just love the way the 24 song was reeditioned to such a peaceful melody.

#73 *Katherine*

*Katherine*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:10 AM

By the way The Mcdonald Ad with Janice and Charles was the ad where Janice won Best Actress of a Commercial at the ATV The 12th Annual Most Popular TV Commerical Awards Already Aired on April 22, 2006. I was so happy that she won but too bad she didnt' show up, neither didi Eason who won Best Commercial Song which was also for a Mcdonald Ad.

Janice n Eason didn't show up in ATV Commerical Awards nighht because they signed a contract with TVB, so they can't show up in other TV stations. They also have to speak mandarin (for janice, she speaks english) in other TV station's interview.

Edited by *Katherine*, 05 June 2006 - 08:10 AM.

#74 sanyi

sanyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:23 AM

thanks Sport3888 for sharing charles' song. i have to admit that i got addicted to this mandarin song. i really hope it will be included in his up and coming mandarin album.

do you happen to have the lyrics to this song (chinese and pinyin or even the translation to this song)? thanks.

Oh I have that mandarin song that he sang for Leon and Faye Wong's movie a while ago before he became a singer, I can upload it if you want it. I posted a website and directions to download all of Charles' MVs, and it included the MV for that mandarin song for Leon and Faye Wong's Movie but it only showed scenes from the movie. I got addicted to that mandarin song it was really good.

我是否还爱你 - Charles Ying (應昌佑)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7ZMMYRC

#75 sanyi

sanyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:30 AM

Hi!

I was listening to the Love Actually (radio) interview where Charles and Janice were guests. The host said that Charles sang the themesong of Love Actually.

Anyone has this song for download? Thanks.

#76 *Katherine*

*Katherine*

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:07 AM

Hi!

I was listening to the Love Actually (radio) interview where Charles and Janice were guests. The host said that Charles sang the themesong of Love Actually.

Anyone has this song for download? Thanks.

nope..Charles didn't sing the themesong of Love Actually.....

#77 bubbles72

bubbles72

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 03:49 AM

nope..Charles didn't sing the themesong of Love Actually.....

janice sang the theme song ^^

#78 sanyi

sanyi

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:55 AM

janice sang the theme song ^^

yeah, i was guessing that the female's voice was janice.

if charles didn't sing the Love Actually themesong, who sang the male's part? was it khalil fong?

thanks.

#79 jAeJoOnG

jAeJoOnG

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

A cute guy! lol! he can really sing well! +oil!

#80 Guest_Sport3888_*

Guest_Sport3888_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:08 AM

yeah, i was guessing that the female's voice was janice.

if charles didn't sing the Love Actually themesong, who sang the male's part? was it khalil fong?

thanks.

Yea during the interview which had Endy and Khalil on that same show, the hosts said that Khalil was the person who sang the themesong and was also the one who composed it. So I'm assuming he was the person who sang the mandarin version since he sings mostly mandarin songs. Really like that themesong wonder if there're a full version available for both the mandarin version(sang by Khalil) and english version(sang by Janice) download.

Edited by Sport3888, 22 June 2006 - 07:10 AM.