Dec 15 2013
1. LOVE (Arashi) - 796,525
2. B'z The Best XXV 1988-1998 (B'z) - 583,230
3. B'z The Best XXV 1999-2012 (B'z) - 573,050
4. FUNKY MONKEY BABYS Last Best (FUNKY MONKEY BABYS) - 431,984
5. Teppen Tottande! (NMB48) - 419,231
6. FEEL (Amuro Namie) - 382,684
7. JUKE BOX (Kanjani8) - 373,019
8. EXILE BEST HITS ~LOVE SIDE/SOUL SIDE~ (EXILE) - 330,721
9. Superfly BEST (Superfly) - 322,204
10. TIME (Tohoshinki) - 298,389
11. Love Collection ~mint~ (Nishino Kana) - 282,763
12. Love Collection ~pink~ (Nishino Kana) - 274,012
13. Good Ikuze! (Kis-My-Ft2) - 273,250
14. Baradon (Ikimonogakari) - 270,508
15. Yoshu Fukushu (MAXIMUM THE HORMONE) - 269,379
16. MIRACLE (Sandaime J Soul Brothers) - 268,999
17. Matsutoya Yumi 40 Shunen Kinen Best Album "Nihon no Koi to, Yuming to." (Matsutoya Yumi) - 265,056
18. TAKE ME HOME (One Direction) - 263,709
19. Nanda Collection (Kyary Pamyu Pamyu) - 250,490
20. BUMP OF CHICKEN I [1999-2004] (BUMP OF CHICKEN) - 247,506
21. BUMP OF CHICKEN II [2005-2010] (BUMP OF CHICKEN) - 235,772
22. 5TH DIMENSION (Momoiro Clover Z) - 235,431
23. LEVEL3 (Perfume) - 234,294
24. JINSEI X BOKU = (ONE OK ROCK) - 216,180
25. I (Ikimonogakari) - 214,487
26. ALL TIME BEST ALBUM (Yazawa Eikichi) - 192,116
27. Unorthodox Jukebox (Bruno Mars) - 186,825
28. Summer Ballad Covers (May J.) - 183,875
29. Heart Song (Chris Hart) - 179,478
30. kusabi (KAT-TUN) - 179,126
31. sakanaction (Sakanaction) - 168,189
32. LAND (Yuzu) - 163,519
33. Funky Monkey Babys 5 (FUNKY MONKEY BABYS) - 163,289
34. [(an imitation) blood orange] (Mr. Children) - 162,768
35. Amachan Uta no Album (V.A.) - 160,732
36. Super Best Records -15th Celebration- (MISIA) - 153,469
37. The Past Masters vol.1 (Golden Bomber) - 151,255
38. Red (Taylor Swift) ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)
Dec 15 2013
1. Sayonara Crawl (AKB48) - 1,955,162
2. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (AKB48) - 1,479,036
3. Heart Ereki (AKB48) - 1,260,792
4. So long! (AKB48) - 1,132,853
5. EXILE PRIDE ~Konna Sekai Wo Aisuru Tame~ (EXILE) - 1,012,407
6. Calling / Breathless (Arashi) - 881,192
7. Choco no Dorei (SKE48) - 671,623
8. Utsukushii Inazuma (SKE48) - 661,557
9. Bokura no Eureka (NMB48) - 557,802
10. Endless Game (Arashi) - 557,217
11. Sansei Kawaii! (SKE48) - 496,124
12. Kamonegikkusu (NMB48) - 457,435
13. Girls Rule (Nogizaka46) - 452,310
14. Baretta (Nogizaka46) - 423,417
15. Joy!! (SMAP) - 395,087
16. My Resistance ~Tashikana Mono~ / Unmei Girl (Kis-My-Ft2) - 377,055
17. Peace to Highlight (Southern All Stars) - 339,575
18. Hesomagari / Koko ni shikanai Keshiki (Kanjani8) - 334,632
19. Kimi tono Kiseki (Kis-My-Ft2) - 309,762
20. SNOW DOME no Yakusoku / Luv Sick (Kis-My-Ft2) - 306,433
21.Seifuku no Mannequin (Nogizaka46) - 306,430
22. Kimi no Na wa Kibo (Nogizaka46) - 306,202
23. Melon Juice (HKT48) - 295,967
24. Suki! Suki! Skip! (HKT48) - 291,876
25. BURNING UP (EXILE TRIBE [Sandaime J Soul Brothers VS GENERATIONS]) - 287,874
26. Namida no Kotae (Kanjani8) - 286,657
27. Ki Su U Ma I ~Kiss Your Mind~ / S.O.S. [Smile on Smile] (Kis-My-Ft2) - 262, 737
28. Come on A My House (Hey! Say! JUMP) - 242,314
29. Mistake! / Battery (SMAP) - 235, 076
30. Jiyu e no Shingeki (Linked Horizon) - 230,810
31. Mystery Virgin (Yamada Ryosuke) - 219,871
32. Mada Namida ni Naranai Kanashimi ga / Koi wa Nioeto Chirinuruwo (Kinki Kids) - 202,409
33. Kokoro Sora Moyo (Kanjani8) - 192,573
34. Dance My Generation (Golden Bomber) - 177,565
35. Preserved Roses (T.M. Revolution x Nana Mizuki) - 175,828
36. EXPOSE (KAT-TUN) - 173.400
37. Real Sexy! / ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)
Dec 14 2013
The official fan club of Ayumi Hamasaki announced on Friday that the 35-year-old singer is engaged to a 25-year-old male medical student at the University of California, Los Angeles. She added to her fans, "As my partner is an ordinary student, I would be very happy if you could watch over us quietly."
The couple had gotten engaged on Thursday. According to a source linked to Hamasaki, she is not pregnant. The two had met during the New Year's holidays through a friend, and began dating around spring.
Hamasaki had told fans that she had married Manuel Schwarz, an Austrian actor living in America, in Las Vegas on January 1, 2011 (about four months after meeting him). However, she announced a year later in January 2012 that she had gotten divorced. Hamasaki had not registered her marriage with Schwarz in Japan, so her upcoming marriage with the medical student would be considered her first in Japan.
Hamasaki had just shot a music video for her song "Feel the Love" in Los Angeles with DJ Hello Kitty.
Hamasaki is also writing and singing the "Pray" theme song for Buddha 2: Tezuka Osamu no Buddha ~Owarinaki Tabi~, the second film in the planned trilogy based on the late Osamu Tezuka's (article cut to save bandwidth)
Dec 09 2013
Idol group Morning Musume will get a new name from Jan 1. Tsunku, the 45-year-old singer-songwriter turned record producer, who formed the group in 1997 as the lead act of Hello! Project, made the announcement Friday on his blog.
Tsunku said the group’s new name would be
Explaining the reasons for the name change, Tsunku said that questions about the group such as “When was that particular song released? “or “Which generation of Morning Musume was that one girl from?” will now be instantly discernible as each year and all corresponding songs will belong to specific future generations of the band.
Thus, under these new naming guidelines, the year after next will have the band changing its name to Morning Musume ‘15, and so on.
Tsunku assured fans that “we will try the new naming system for a time, but if it ever becomes too confusing, we may drop it altogether.”
Morning ‘14 is scheduled to release their 55th single and the first single under their new name on Jan 29.
Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed in an interview with white-screen.jp that although he had an ending planned when the series began, there is a possibility that the finalized ending might be different, due to new characters and settings. He also added that he has been thinking of creating an ending where everyone died, but after gaining so many fans after the airing of the anime, he is wavering over whether he should betray his fans in such a way. He told white-screen.jp that he wants to betray his fans, he is unsure of whether he should do it.
Director Shinji Higuchi has been appointed to lead a project-based team that will be in charge of adapting Hajime Isayama's hit manga Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) into a full-length film.
His hit movie Nobou no Shiro still fresh in everyone's memory, Higuchi has had a vast experience doing tokusatsu films, such as the 3-part Gamera series in the Heisei era and Kyojinhei Tokyo ni Arawaru, as well as creating major spectacles such as the movies Lorelei and Nihon Chinbotsu.
Higuchi will now be putting his experience in doing tokusatsu to use, as well as incorporate his personal views on anime which was also his roots, in this movie.
The screenplay will be written by Yusuke Watanabe, writer of the serial drama Bloody Monday and the 2 GANTZ movies, together with movie critic Tomohiro Machiyama, who is also a close associate of Isayama. Isayama is also involved in the meetings and provides his input and ideas about the script and the characters.
The movie will begin filming in the summer of 2014 and will be shown in 2015.
72-year-old Yoshiyuki Tomino, the outspoken creator of the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, revealed in his online magazine “Tomino Ryū no Tomino” that he is not a fan of Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan manga. Tomino wrote that while he applauds Isayama for using his experiences as a victim of school bullying to inspire his work, he otherwise found Attack on Titan's art crude, grotesque, and comparable to pornography. Tomino stated that he doesn't even want to talk about the series, let alone read it.
Tomino wrote the following compliments for Isayama:
[quote]Attack on Titan is a work that straight-out conveys the author's mood.
On one hand, One Piece is a shonen manga that masterfully lets tens of thousands of people enjoy its content easily. Attack on Titan is a very personal manga to the author, and is very difficult to read. I've seen the author's television news appearances once or twice, and I finally understand what kind of person he is. He has said that because he was bullied in the past, now he uses his manga to let out those feelings of resentment. I do have to say, though, that I am glad that he collects pictures of people with unfavorable faces for reference to draw Titans. In other words, the entire manga IS NOT just the author's mood or feeling.
Even though he says that he's bad at drawing, he makes ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)
The newest theatrical anime from Studio Ghibli, “Kaguya Hime no Monogatari,” opened just over a week ago. While we came away impressed, the movie-going public at large hasn’t been coming out in the numbers expected for a release by the legendary animation production house.
Now, one film critic is speculating that the movie may have trouble bolstering its lackluster box office numbers with overseas revenue, stating his opinion that “Kaguya Hime no Monogatari” may not be screenable in certain markets outside Japan without censoring multiple scenes.
Author and journalist Akihiko Reizei recently wrote a column for the Japanese-edition of Newsweek, offering his impressions on “Kaguya Hime no Monogatari.” Reizei was gushing in his praise for the picture, calling it “a tour de force” and predicting that it will go on to become a timeless classic.
But despite his personal love for the film, Reizei expressed concerns about the ability to screen it, in its current form, overseas. The critic expressed his doubts about scenes showing visible breasts while nursing, half-naked babies and children, and a completely naked young girl diving into a pool of water.
While Japan’s relaxed attitude regarding on-screen nudity of the animated sort mean that none of these scenes are raising eyebrows in the film’s country of origin, Reizei believes they will cause problems with distribution in nations with different cultural barometers. In particular, the critic feels that severe viewing restrictions would be placed on “Kaguya Hime no Monogatari” in Islamic countries, and that showing it with a general-admission age rating in the U.S. would be “completely impossible.”
As a result, Reizei is proposing that the film be recut into an “international version” for overseas theater ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)
Dec 01 2013
Monkey Punch's popular manga Lupin III will have a live action adaptation to be shown in summer next year. Shun Oguri has been cast to play Lupin III, while Tetsuji Tamayama will play Daisuke Jigen, Gou Ayano will play Goemon Ishikawa, Meisa Kuroki as Fujiko Mine, and Tadanobu Asano as Detective Zenigata. This is directed by Ryuhei Kitamura, known for his works with Hollywood, as well as for his movie Azumi.
The manga began in 1967, and the TV anime followed in 1971. It was first adapted onto the silver screens in 1974, marking its 40th year from that version. The filming started last October 3 in Japan. They are currently in Thailand for a major on-location shoot that will last for 2 months, and will conduct further shoots in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the Philippines by the end of this year.
Oguri's comment about the adaptation of this beloved franchise is: "I also thought, 'Holy crap, a live action adaptation!'. I believe that a different version of Lupin III exists in each and every one of us. I'll do my best not to succumb to the heat in Thailand and portray a Lupin III that will be enjoyed by the generation who followed it in real time, as well as the younger generation!". He conducted a 10-month action training course in preparation for the role. He also lost about 8kg to stay loyal to Lupin's lanky stature.
Monkey Punch also gave his comments about the other cast members: "Everyone taking part in this project has a very strong appeal, and I was touched as it's just like the Lupin III characters actually jumped out of the manga and into the real world." The casting for Fujiko which took a long ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)
Following Koki Tanaka's (27) departure from Johnny's, Arashi's Masaki Aiba (30) has also been the subject of dismissal rumors, and what seems to be the indicator of this is his schedule. Aiba still doesn't have any new solo projects after the new year.
"Unfortunately, there has been no news of new dramas or movies for Aiba. All he has now are a total of only 4 shows: Arashi's main programs Arashi ni Shiyagare (NTV) and VS Arashi (Fuji), as well as Tensai! Shimura doubutsuen (NTV) and Aiba Manabu (TV Asahi). There are already rumors within the TV industry that it'll only be a matter of time until Aiba is entirely frozen out. - (broadcast writer)
Why is this happening to Aiba? Behind this lies a feud between the restaurant that Aiba's family runs and the Johnny's agency itself.
"The reason for their discord is the goods sold at the restaurant. The keychain of the letter "K", taken from the initial of the shop is selling like hotcakes, but it seems that the shop is taking advantage of the Arashi members' signatures, as well as the gifts given by fans to Aiba as decorations in the shop to entice the people to buy the goods."- (informant)
The restaurant located in Chiba has gained popularity as this is also where Aiba grew up, and news of this has reached some executives at Johnny's.
"The agency is definitely angry at this. They don't even allow the signatures of their talents to be displayed. The agency eventually requested them to remove the signatures, the presents for Aiba, and to cancel their branch opening at the Tokyo Sky Tree. The ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)