Saturday October 18, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/priscilla-wong-wants-rest-041200506.html

 

 

29by4bb.jpg

 

 

Priscilla Wong recently dismissed rumours saying that boyfriend Edwin Siu had persuaded TVB to reduce her acting jobs.

 

As reported on On CC News, previously, Priscilla was rumoured to have been cast aside by TVB producers due to internal issues. After denying those claims, a new report alleged that it was Edwin himself who had urged TVB Executive, Catherine Tsang to decrease Priscilla's work.

However, the actress denied such rumours, and said that she wanted to take a break for the rest of the year.

 

"I have filmed five dramas in a row since I've joined the company. I just wanted to take a quick break," said Priscilla.

 

Regarding rumours that she will not be filming the trailer clips for TVB's 2015 Sales Presentation, which sparked speculations that she has no dramas next year, the "Swipe Tap Love" actress explained, "There are some changes made by the company, but I will still attend the sales presentation."

 

Meanwhile, Priscilla revealed that she hopes to visit Antarctica the most, after already visiting 50 countries since her debut as a TV show host.

 

"But for now, I am planning to go to Europe at the end of the year," she enthused.

read full article...

Saturday October 18, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/myolie-wu-wants-self-reliant-committing-love-042200515.html

 

 

112gxgi.jpg

 

 

While she has no reservations for romance, TVB actress Myolie Wu said that it is also important for a woman to be self-reliant before committing to a relationship.

 

According to Mingpao News, the actress stated that she always keeps an open mind when it comes to relationship, even after her breakup with Bosco Wong two years ago.

 

"But I think, first and foremost, I have to work hard to prepare myself for it. I believe that a woman should be self-reliant, and have her own aspirations," she said.

 

Myolie believes that persevering and moving forward is the key to a good life, and that she is confident in her own judgement when it comes to choosing the right partner.

 

"I know what I want. Even if everybody tells me what's good for me, it doesn't mean he's the right one," said the actress.

 

Myolie also stressed that the right man for her would be the kind of man who isn't just responsible, but also able to support and fix each other's flaws.

read full article...

Saturday October 18, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/cecilia-cheung-man-085600052.html

 

 

28rmpn8.jpg

 

 

 Following her ex-husband Nicholas Tse's rekindled romance with his old beau, Faye Wong, Cecilia seems to be moving on just fine with a new man in her life.

 

The Hong Kong actress was spotted leaving a Thai eatery last Saturday after lunch with a man, The Straits Times reports, identified by Hong Kong magazine Sudden Weekly as Martin, a Singapore restaurant owner.

 

Cecilia, who is now a Singapore resident, was also accompanied by her two sons form her former marriage with Tse, four-year-old Quintus and seven-year-old Lucas.

 

The alleged lovers were reported to be wearing matching bracelets, a sign of close friendship. This was not the only time the two were seen together. They reportedly were also spotted having dinner once sans the children.

 

In another news, Nicholas and Faye were photographed together for the first time since the news of their reconciliation first broke. It was posted onto Weibo by a Netizen who spotted the two wearing face masks and thick clothes, walking beside some cars.

read full article...

Source: Wacow @ Blog163 
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net 



Dramas 
Tomorrow is Another Day - 再戰明天 (EPS 1-5) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)

All That Is Bitter Is Sweet - 大藥坊 (EPS 21-25) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 615-619) - 22 PTS

Shades of Life - 我們的天空 (EP 12) - 18 PTS 

Variety Shows 
Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk - SUNDAY扮嘢王 - 23 PTS

Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 20 PTS

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

Neighborhood Treasures 6 - 千奇百趣玩HIGH D - 17 PTS

(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

read full article...

Friday October 17, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: The Sun / MingPao / Wenweipo / SingPao
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

 

 

2elffbb.jpg mbkgfb.jpg 34hwcid.jpg

 

Yesterday, Wong Cho Lam and Leanne Li headed off to New Zealand to film for TVB's upcoming travel show "Honeymoon Visits". The two will host the show together and Asked if he will take the chance to propose? Wong Cho Lam, who joked saying he is using the company's resources to do his own thing, said that he will not propose. He expressed that there is no mystique if it would be that predictable! Cho Lam stated that they will sleep in separate rooms, and will wait until their actual honeymoon before they sleep in the same room. Other than the married couples, everyone else will stay in separate rooms (on the show). However, he revealed that he will take a look at churches and wedding dress boutiques: "Need to look for a place for honeymoon!" As for whether they would consider secretly getting married? The two held hands tightly and said they wouldn't. Leanne said: "We've been high-profile for so many years already, we will continue doing so!" Cho Lam also laughed: "Being low-key is not our style!" They also exposed that they once had the thought of getting married right away when they were in Las Vegas, but backed out in the end: "It's too simple!" 

The guests for this trip will be Alex Fong, Stephy Tang and Eric Kwok and his wife. Cho Lam said: "This time, we will be filming with our friends Alex Fong, Stephy Tang and Eric Kwok and his wife, Grace Yip. They will create surprises for their other half." Cho Lam exposed that Alex is already in New Zealand, as they went earlier to celebrate Stephy's birthday. "Since the ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)

read full article...

Wong Jing "unfriends" Anthony Wong, Chapman To and Denise Ho due to Occupy Central opinions

Friday October 17, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: The Sun/MingPao
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

 

 

25ez7ut.jpg

 

 

Hong Kong director, Wong Jing, who has always been "open" and straightforward with his opinions, posted a post about supporting the police regarding the "Occupy Central" protests, attracting criticisms from netizens. Immune to criticisms, he easily retorted back to them. Yesterday, he suddenly announced that he would "unfriend" the "Occupy Central Fortune Buddies", Anthony Wong, Chapman To and Denise Ho, angrily deleting their phone numbers and said they are not friends anymore! 

Wong Jing announced on Weibo that he would be drawing the line with Anthony Wong, Chapman To and Denise Ho. Although he had happy times cooperating with them, but from today onwards, he will no longer contact them! The day before that, Wong Jing wrote a post on Weibo, supporting the police: "I still support the police! They are doing their job, yet you pour urine on them? No resentment even if you are beaten to death! I think you weren't beaten enough!" ("You" is directed at the person who was pouring urine on officers) After this, many netizens followed this and left comments scolding him. Although netizens left extreme comments, but Wong Jing handled them all, and even replied some comments retorting back at them. 

"Hope he has a good sex life" 

After a "war" with netizens, yesterday afternoon, Wong Jing posted again, this time announcing that he will be drawing lines with the "Occupy Central Fortune Buddies", Anthony Wong, Chapman To and Denise Ho, who have been expressing their support for Occupy Central, and heavily criticizing those that were against the movement. He also deleted their contact details: "Mr. Anthony Wong, Mr. Chapman To, Ms. Denise Ho, we once had delightful ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)

read full article...

TVB Anniversary, "Come On, Cousin!" airs this coming Monday; "Inbound Troubles" reunion with new story (MINOR SPOILERS)

Friday October 17, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

 

 

j93l84.jpg 35jgf4j.jpg w06fl2.jpg 4t21di.jpg

 

The cast and crew of TVB anniversary drama "Come On, Cousin!" is the same as the last year's hit "Inbound Troubles", with a whole new story, airing this coming Monday. The pairings are entirely new this time, with the exception of the well-received "new generation" on-screen couple, Roger Kwok and Joey Meng. Wong Cho Lam expressed that he also thinks that this couple is just too compatible, so he did not break them up. The story this time will be revolving around father-son relationships, relationships between neighbours. The cast and crew are still as strong as ever, the laughter is definitely even better than before. 

Two time TV King, Roger Kwok will be playing an enthusiastic environmentalist, leads protests to help citizens get what they want. He also ends up being a congressman. He and Wong Cho Lam are rivals. Roger Kwok has a big chance at taking TV King again with this role. In terms of love, he will continue a relationship with Joey Meng, but this time, they have to go through a lot of obstacles, and has to fight with strong love rival played by Bob. 

Shocking bed scene 

Joey Meng's character is very extreme, one side - she is like a quail, the other - she is very bad tempered. In the drama, she dates her childhood friend, Bob, set up by her mother (played by Mimi Chu). Until Roger appears and encourages her, she overcomes her psychological barriers for "oranges", and allowed her to understand herself and think about who she really loves. Afterwards, Bob falls in love with Siu Bo, Roger ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)

read full article...

2dmaxoz.jpg

At least 16 people have been killed and 11 injured in an accident at a pop concert in Seongnam, south of Seoul in South Korea, officials say.

They say a ventilation grate collapsed and a group of concert-goers fell 10 metres (33ft) into an underground parking area.

The crowds had been watching an outdoor performance by the popular Korean girl band 4Minute and other bands.

The victims climbed on top of the grate to get a better view of the show.

Rescue workers warn that the death toll may rise.
'Sucked into a hole'

"Twelve people were killed at the scene, two others were killed while they were being rushed to the hospital. Others are assumed to have passed away while receiving medical treatment," a local fire official was quoted as saying by South Korea's Yonhap news agency.

About 700 people were at the concert, part of a local festival being held at Pangyo Techno Valley, a multi-purpose complex for technology firms.

In the dense crowd, 20-30 people climbed on a grate over the deep ventilation shaft. Under their weight the grate gave way and the group fell through.

"There was a sudden, loud screaming, and when I turned it looked as if people were being sucked down into a hole," one eyewitness told YTN news channel.

The BBC's Steve Evans in Seoul says the immediate task was to save the lives of the injured but that the accident may intensify a debate in South Korea about safety standards.

After the Sewol ferry sank six months ago, with the loss of more than 300 lives, many alleged that the country's regulations had not kept pace with its rapid economic development.

BBC

read full article...


5turcx.jpg

CL, a member of the K-pop girl group 2NE1, aims to release a solo record in the United States.

The singer has joined hands with Psy’s North American representative Scooter Braun, who also represents other pop stars such as Justin Bieber.

“CL will release a single album as a solo and Braun, who assisted Psy in advancing to the American market, will represent her, too,” said YG Entertainment in a press release yesterday.

Since CL is fluent in English and her group is popular in the United States, YG said Braun saw she had potential as the next big thing to make it in the States.

“She’s working on her solo album now,” said a YG spokesperson.


JoongAng Daily

read full article...


34squ78.jpg

The first trial of two female accomplices who allegedly blackmailed Korean Wave actor Lee Byung-hun for 5 billion won ($4.8 million) was held yesterday at Seoul Central District Court.

Model Lee Ji-yeon, 25, and Da-hee, 20, a member of the girl group GLAM, are being accused of threatening to release a video clip of Lee in August in which he is allegedly drinking alcohol and using lewd language.

During the trial, Ji-yeon’s lawyer defended the model by asserting, “[The ladies] didn’t approach Lee for money - Lee and Ji-yeon were in a romantic relationship.”

He added that Lee stopped dating the model when she refused to have sex with him.

“It is also not true that these girls asked Lee to buy them a house,” said the lawyer. “As Lee asked Ji-yeon to sleep with him, he told her he would find her a place where she could live.”

The lawyer added that Da-hee was not aware that selling the video clip for money was illegal.

Meanwhile, the court summoned actor Lee and another man surnamed Seok who introduced Ji-yeon to Lee over dinner. Seok is known to work for an adult entertainment establishment.

The next trial will be held on Nov. 11 at 2 p.m.

Lee, who has appeared in numerous hit films such as “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” (2013) and “Masquerade” (2012), married actress Lee Min-jung last year.


JoongAg Daily

read full article...