Tuesday September 30, 20 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/anthony-wong-hopes-settle-issues-calmly-041000754.html

 

 

20ggv9x.jpg

 

 

 After his earlier spat with TVB over accommodation issues, Hong Kong movie actor Anthony Wong assured that all is well now.

 

As reported on On CC News, the actor, who previously raised hell after finding out he had to pay the difference upon checking into a five-star hotel during the on-location filming of "Lord of Shanghai", stated that he will face future problems with a calm mind.

 

"There's bound to be some problem in the future, but we will solve them with a peaceful mind instead," he said.

 

The actor also shared an instance when he spent 20 minutes trying to search for the filming location and could not get in touch with anybody to ask for the direction.

 

"The next day, seven maps were given to me. There were too many that I could pass them out to others," he said.

 

Anthony assured that he is fine and is not trying to create trouble for others, especially since his basic conditions have been fulfilled.

 

"I hope filming will continue to go smoothly and we can conclude filming by October," he said.

 

Asked if TVB Executives Catherine Tsang and Helen Ma did come to the set to appease, Anthony said that he did not ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)

read full article...

Michael Wong prays for Hong Kong's peace

Tuesday September 30, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/michael-wong-prays-hong-kongs-peace-060100897.html

 

 

23m6d07.jpg

 

 

With the political crises in Hong Kong still going strong, actor Michael Wong recently stated that he is worried about the state of his beloved home.

 

According to Mingpao News, the actor, who attended an event at the Dongguan Golf Course, stated that seeing the development of the protests and the arrests of student activists has caused much anxiety in his heart.

 

"Hong Kong people have always loved peace, but this time it's different. The world can witness this on the internet," he said.

 

Michael added, "Everybody wants to fight for democracy and rights, so I hope that the Central and Hong Kong governments will provide a reasonable solution to this."

 

The actor admitted that while he had lived in the United States before, he and his family always feel closer to Hong Kong, and hopes that the chaos will end.

 

The Hong Kong political unrest originated from when China's top legislative body, the National People's Congress' Standing Committee (NPCSC) unanimously passed a resolution for a "broadly representative" nominating committee to vet contenders for the HKSAR 2017 election, which democracy activists saw as China's way to screen out candidates she disapproves.

 

The decision has caused the Occupy Central movement, led by academic Benny Tai, to realise their promise of ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)

read full article...

Tuesday September 30, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/philip-ng-denies-publicising-romance-060500269.html

 

 

20k3ole.jpg

 

 

 Martial arts actor Philip Ng recently denied rumours saying that he tried to publicise his romance with girlfriend, Linda Chung.

 

Previously, the actor was caught having a lover's spat with the actress after trying to act lovey-dovey with her at a friend's birthday party.

 

Linda reportedly glared at Philip when he put his arms around her, and tried to distance herself from him, even leaving the party separately.

 

As reported on HK Top Ten, while speaking to the media at the promotional event for his upcoming film "Sifu Vs. Vampires" in Mongkok recently, Philip denied that there was conflict between him and Linda.

 

When asked why he put his arms on Linda's back, he simply replied, "I was only patting her on the back because she was choking."

 

"I always maintain privacy when it comes to personal affairs," he said, denying speculations that he was trying to publicise the relationship.

 

When asked if he is confident that the actress will win TV Queen at the TVB Anniversary Awards this November, the actor said that everything is in God's arrangement.

read full article...

Tuesday September 30, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/raymond-lam-confident-tv-king-nomination-060900819.html

 

 

34dhfg1.jpg

 

 

Raymond Lam may have left TVB, but the actor is confident he can at least be in the top five to win TV King at this year's TVB Anniversary Awards.

 

On CC reported that the actor, who attended a promotional event for his series "Line Walker" recently, stated, "I am happy that the viewers still think of me, and I am confident about getting into the top five."

 

However, Raymond believed that he may have a higher chance to win the award only if the public has the right to vote as well.

 

The actor's statement is not far from the truth, as TVB is known for their preference to award actors who are loyal to the company.

 

On the subject of his current project, Raymond revealed that he has received a lot of filming deals ever since his appearance on "Line Walker" and the mainland-produced "The Virtuous Queen Han".

read full article...

Stephen Chow's movies go to New York

Tuesday September 30, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/stephen-chows-movies-york-061200005.html

 

 

2lwx0n5.jpg

 

 

New York's BAMcinématek, which is part of the multi-arts centre of Brooklyn Academy of Music, recently revealed that they will be holding a film retrospective for comedy genius, Stephen Chow.

 

As reported on ECNS News, David Reilly, a programmer of BAM, revealed that they decided to hold the programme for Stephen Chow due to their love of his works.

 

"We thought his films are very accessible to a large and diverse audience, and we have a very young audience here at BAM," he was quoted saying.

 

"While a lot of people are familiar with Stephen's "Kungfu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer", American audience are less familiar with his earlier works. Thus, we believe that people will love watching the rarer films playing in the series," he said.

 

The retrospective, entitled "Stephen Chow: The King of Comedy" will feature eight of his most iconic work, and will be running from 6 to 12 October.

 

Some of these movies are "Justice, My Foot!", "The God of Cookery", "Journey to the West", and "A Chinese Odyssey: Part 1 & 2".

 

Meanwhile, Andrew Chan, the marketing manager at BAM who co-programmed the series, believed that people who are interested in screwball comedy of the 30s and 40s will enjoy the filmmaker's past works.

read full article...

The Hong Kong actress was seen in high spirits at the Hong Kong airport with a diamond ring on her ring finger





B1229BF25C771AD6CF3EE227CF299C.jpg



It appears that Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung is ex-husband, Nicholas Tse's reconciliation with his old flame Faye Wong at all. She was returning to Hong Kong from Japan where members of the media swarmed forward for questions.

Although Cecilia had earphones on and did not respond, she remained upbeat and radiant. A diamond ring was also spotted on the 34-year-old's ring finger, leading to rumours that she is seeing someone new ' speculated to be Chinese novelist Zhang Yiyi.

The two had toured Europe together previously.

Yiyi, the vice-president of The World Zhang Clan, had written Cecilia a romance novel, aided her in her comeback activities and even recommended her to be the image ambassador for all 90 million people worldwide with the surname 'Zhang'.




755870851672EBDD68303D1ED0646F.jpg





FB47EFD62639342173FF6F68BD6C72.jpg




Source

read full article...

The Hong Kong actress undergone seven treatments with more than 100 injections to her face





C2DC131ADF822D852920888BDB7CA.jpg



Hong Kong actress Irene Wan admitted to undergoing 'micro plastic surgery' as age has took a toll on her appearance. The 48-year-old who was formerly known as a beauty queen relied on yoga and workouts to maintain her good looks when she was younger.

Irene shared, 'Actually, everyone is pursuing beauty. Injections are common nowadays and they are mainly to retain moisture and increase collagen growth. I don't mind as long as the condition of my skin can improve.'

She feels it is 'too exaggerated to call it 'going under the knife', it should be called 'micro plastic surgery' where one's skin becomes firmer through advanced technology.' But she added that the most effective method to stay young is through drinking soup and exercising.

Irene had previously mentioned in 2011 that she was afraid of needles but this time she felt the need for the treatment and realised how easy the injections were after the treatments.

The actress, who is slated to film a movie soon, shot to fame when she went nude at a tender age of 17 but has since faded out of showbiz after marriage. As to whether her businessman husband praised her beauty, she responded sweetly, 'He says I look gorgeous even without the injections.'



Source

read full article...

The singer will take a three-month hiatus from showbiz to go on a vacation with her husband





7DC3AAF3FD3E3DB932F58801B5CB5.jpg



Hong Kong actress-singer Karen Mok has announced at her post-concert party last Saturday (Sept 27) that she will be taking a three-month break to go on a vacation with her German husband Johannes Natterer.

The couple, who wedded in 2011, have been spending little time together due to work commitments. This time, they forced each other to take a break and will travel to 10 countries in detail, instead of a hurried trip 'around the world in 80 days'.

The 44-year-old, who will not control her diet on the trip, said, 'My husband likes mountain-climbing and outdoor activities and I'm ready to do so with him.'

However, babies 'are not on the cards' for Karen as she feels that a child may hinder the quality time between a couple.

Responding to her revealing outfit at the concert, she laughed and shared that Johannes does not mind. 'He will select sexy lingerie for me but I won't wear it for him, I wear it on stage for everyone to see.'




Source

read full article...

thumb_s%20(637).jpg

 

 

Regarding the rumors of Jessica being kicked out of SNSD, SM Entertainment made an official statement that SNSD will be promoting as 8 members with Jessica leaving the group.

On September 30, SM Entertainment made an official statement regarding Jessica′s leave from SNSD.

"This spring, Jessica told the company that due to a personal situation, she will be stopping team promotions after the end of one more album promotion," said SM Entertainment. "Despite Jessica′s sudden announcement, the company and the SNSD members persistently worked hard and pondered on how to continue promotions in a good direction for SNSD."

"However, before agreements could be made on rising conflicts regarding the priority and interests of SNSD promotions, Jessica began her fashion-related business, and a situation arose where it became difficult to maintain the team despite continuous discussions."

"With this, the company decided it had to promote SNSD with eight members sooner than expected, and while it was discussing when to announce the news, Jessica posted her own perspective in the early morning."

SM Entertainment wrote last, "From this point onward, the company will unchangingly support and manange SNSD with eight members as well as Jessica′s personal activities."

Earlier at 5AM KST on this day, Jessica posted on her Weibo, "I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I′m no longer a member. I′m devastated - my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out."

The post made fans and netizens wonder if Jessica′s SNS account was hacked, as speculations rose on the issue.

The remaining eight SNSD members also caught attention as they headed to Shenzhen for the Girls′ Generation 1st Fan ..... (article cut to save bandwidth)

read full article...

C2BD9D959CD411CF5630E21E36A26C.jpg



Girls Generations Jessica dropped a bomb on fans in the wee hours of the morning, declaring in both Korean and English that she will be leaving the girl group.

In her blog post, she mused, "I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I'm no longer a member. I'm devastated - my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out."

Questions over the legitimacy of the post have been raised given recent reports that all nine members extended their contracts with their label, S.M. Entertainment.

The company has yet to issue a statement while fans have voiced their hopes that Jessica has merely been hacked and will continue to remain in the group.



3B93FD83F5B8A7BF522956F9B29072.jpg






Source

read full article...