• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Kevin Cheng Earned Enough in Mainland Time to Reduce Productions
Thursday October 31, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image

Last night Kevin Cheng, Eric Tsang and Sheren Tang attended watsons' HWB Awards 2013. In regards to the rumor that TVB is implementing a new policy to get all of their artists whom are working in Mainland back to shoot TVB series? Kevin believed TVB won't block their artists from shooting TV series elsewhere. When speaking of reducing his productions? Kevin said: "There has to be a balance. Not everything is about money, TVB artists should fulfill their responsibilities too. I personally still have a long contract with TVB. This year I've completed 7 series in Mainland and should reduce my productions." It was rumored Moses Chan and Tavia Yeung are following their manager to leave TVB? He said they could change the way they collaborate. He disclosed he is currently busy preparing for his new album: "I've delayed EEG too long, if my album doesn't launch, then my contract is going to end."

#882 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:06 PM

Kevin Cheng denies reconciliation rumour
Sunday November 17, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-012000057.html

Posted Image

Actor Kevin Cheng has recently dismissed rumours of reconciliation with former girlfriend, Charmaine Sheh.

Previously, it was reported that the former couple, who met while filming "Forensic Heroes 2" back in 2008 and called it quits four years ago, has rekindled their romance since September.

Though they have remained good friends since their breakup, sources claimed that Kevin has decided to pursue Charmaine again after realising that the 38-year-old actress still cares for him.

It was also rumoured that the two of them have been offered a large sum to appear together at a Christmas light-up event, after they appeared hand-in-hand at the TVB Presentation event last week, which drove the media into a frenzy.

However, while speaking to the media on 14 November, Kevin denied having reconciled with Charmaine.

"This is highly amusing rumour, but sadly it's not true."

#883 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Kevin Cheng's New Song "Its A Long Story" About Love Experiences
Wednesday November 20, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

In the past year, Kevin Cheng had been busy filming in Mainland. He joined EEG two years ago and just had the time recently to launch his new album. It was rumored EEG was displeased by Kevin's delay after delay, but he quickly held a press conference to patch up the relationship. Yesterday Kevin held the HK press conference for his new Mandarin EP Its A Long Story (說來話長). Kevin admitted because he had been too busy filming, he didn't have enough time to launch a full studio album, thus he launched an EP instead. He said: "I signed with EEG two years ago, I really feel sorry. After all, we are on good terms and the collaboration had been going smoothly."

EEG executive Ng Yue and TVB executive Virgina Lok were there to support him. Ng Yue gave Kevin expensive Ginseng to celebrate with him. For the album cover shooting, Kevin decided to do the photo shoot in Taiwan, the place where he felt most disappointed in life. It was said due to the lack of resources, Kevin had to rely on his wealthy female cousin to assist in the Taiwan shooting. Kevin said: "Do I not have money now? I don't need to rely on anyone. I cannot control lack of resources. As an amateur, my cousin has high expectations."

Also, Kevin's new song Its A Long Story is about his experience on love. Asked if he sang about ex-girlfriends Niki Chow and Charmaine Sheh in the song? He laughed: "I won't tell you. (Fear they might think you're talking about them?) That's exactly why I decided to rearrange the song." As to the rumor that Charmaine expressed she wanted to get back together via SMS? Kevin said: "The first time was already fabricated. She didn't send me a SMS. We are still friends, I just found out about her injury and I did ask if she was ok."

#884 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Kevin Cheng aplogizes for album delay
Friday November 22, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-073900561.html

Posted Image

Two years after joining EEG, Kevin Cheng finally released his Mandarin single, QQ website reported.

Aptly named "It's A Long Story", the singer-actor revealed that the song is about his experience in love, but laughed when asked if the song was about ex-girlfriends Charmaine Sheh and Niki Chow.

At the press conference that was held on 20 November, which was also attended by EEG Executive Ng Yue and TVB's Virginia Lok, Kevin revealed that he had been busy filming in Mainland after he joined EEG, which left him no time to record an album.

It was rumoured that the record label was also displeased that Kevin had been delaying his album for such a long time, which prompted the actor to finally release the song.

To this, Kevin expressed, "I didn't have time to come up with a full album, so I decided to release an EP instead. I signed with EEG two years ago, and I feel really sorry that I delayed it for quite a while. But we are on good terms and the collaboration has gone smoothly."

He also revealed that his cover album was shot in Taiwan, the place which he revealed to be where he experienced the most disappointment in his life.

When asked to confirm the rumours that he relied on his wealthy female cousin to fund his cover shoot in Taiwan, Kevin said, "Do I look like I have no money? I don't need to rely on anyone."

#885 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

Kevin Cheng: There's A Chance with Charmaine Sheh, The Future Is Unpredictable
Monday November 25, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Sina Entertainment

Posted Image

In the acting world, Kevin Cheng had always played some kind of profound character and in real life, he's dubbed as the "Playboy Eight Brother". Charmaine Sheh, Niki Chow, Myolie Wu, Sheren Tang, Selena Li and Sharon Chan are all on the list of Kevin's rumored girlfriends. Just like how he sang in his new song: "If I could go back to 1990, I definitely won't be as playful and would be responsible for every word I say." Do you know how deep his love injury was? Its been 20 years since Kevin been in the industry, his newest song Its A Long Story brings him back into the music industry as a singer and to commemorate the most hurtful romance he had. Last year, the 43 year old actor was actively filming 5 dramas nonstop in Mainland, but he hoped he'll have some time to really engage in a relationship. As for the recent rumors that he and Charmaine Sheh reconciled? He said they are just friends, but "we keep in touch, the future is unpredictable."

A Couple At the Wrong Time

Reporter: It is known to public that Its A Long Story documents a romance you had when you were younger? You also participated in producing this song, did you have a lot you want to say?

Kevin: I regard this song as an important memory for my 20th anniversary in this industry and I hope it can become my representative work in music. The song holds a record of a relationship I had when I was younger. In short, it is a couple at the wrong time.

Reporter: Why did you think that was the wrong time?

Kevin: Too many factors, mainly because of my career. At the time, I was young and naive, there was too many things I didn't understand. My first job was a singer and I didn't have any life experiences, I was just too thin.

Reporter: You made a special trip to Taiwan to film the MV for this song, what's the story behind it?

Kevin: Because my time in Taiwan was the most unhappy period of my life. In the MV, I visit an antique camera store with a deep desire to find my memories from 20 years ago, but at present time, there are many things that are no turning back. In the 1997 financial crisis, I was about to launch my second album, but my record company kept delaying it. I was at home waiting every day and basically had no income. I even used up all my savings I previously had while I worked in HK. Later I had to ask my family to help me financially.

Reporter: At the time, did you think of changing professions?

Kevin: No. At the time I just wanted to be a singer. I was waiting for my album to release, every day I waited at my company for good news. I had no interest in acting at all. I depended on cooking, reading and watching TV to kill time.

Reporter: Have you ever been in a relationship?

Kevin: Yes, just that one.

Reporter: So, she was the one who was by your side during your down time. The break up must have been painful. Do you regret the decision you made?

Kevin: Everyone gets hurt in a break up, but I have never regretted my decision. Life is just like that, there is nothing to regret. She's currently married and living a happy life. We still keep in touch. I also had dinner with her husband before. I think this is good, when you truly love someone, you hope they find their happiness.

Just Friends with Charmaine Sheh

Reporter: If you encounter a girl you like, will you take initiative to pursue her?

Kevin: Of course, I will, but I also have to see if she's interested. I choose people, people also choose me. However, I honestly do hope the media could give me some space because we have to get to know each other, otherwise we won't even get pass the first step.

Reporter: Have filmed in Mainland for so long, there isn't one that you were interested in?

Kevin: They all have boyfriends. My home is in Hong Kong, so I hope to find a girlfriend in Hong Kong.

Reporter: Recently there were rumors that you and Charmaine Sheh reconciled?

Kevin: I can only say again, we did not reconcile. We are just friends. We do keep in touch. Whatever happens in the future, I cannot say, but I can say never say never because the future is unpredictable. Anything can happen.

Hope to get a Comedic Role

Reporter: What plans do you have coming up?

Kevin: I'll be back at TVB for a new modern series. (Is it an anniversary series?) Not considered one, I rarely participate in anniversary series and that's not important. Anniversary series may not be the best either, just like this year's best series Triumph in the Skies II isn't an [anniversary series].

Reporter: After working in Mainland, what types of roles do you have interest on now?

Kevin: TVB has never given me a comedy series, I made Ghetto Justice's "Law Ba" into a comedy. Actually, the original series wasn't considered a comedy. I long for a comedic role in the future.

#886 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:05 AM

Kevin Cheng Kicks Away HK$19 million with One Leg
Friday December 27, 2013 Hong Kong

Posted Image

44 year old Kevin Cheng ditched his 'good boy' image earlier in the popular Mainland drama Startling Step by Step, then switched to the 'martial arts' image in TVB series Gloves Come Off and/ in Mainland drama Ip Man. As he became more and more popular, his salary went on a triple jump. This year he was ranked 48 on Forbes China's Top 100 Celebrities List.

However, behind the popularity comes with injuries all over the body. Last year Kevin injured his right eye while shooting Ip Man and ended up with 10 stitches. In the past year due to his previous leg injury, he had trouble kneeling and walking down the stairs. Earlier he had major pain in his waist due to a shift in his cervical vertebra. To treat his injuries, Kevin went to see well known Chinese medicine doctor Dr. Law Ying Cheung. International stars Chow Yun Fat and Alan Tam sees this doctor as well.

Despite all the injuries, Kevin is still a busy man. It was understood a Mainland company is interested in casting him in an action-filled drama next month. Because of his leg injuries, Kevin is still considering whether to accept it or not. If he decides to turn it down, then he'll end up losing nearly 15 million RMB (~HK$19.2 million). What a pity! Yesterday Kevin responded like a tough guy: "Thank you all for the concern. I'm fine. Thanks! (Will your condition affect your work?) I still have a lot of scripts to look over, not sure what to accept yet. I won't let my injuries affect my work. Actually its not a big deal, I've been filming for so many years, its just injuries that I've accumulated over the years. Sometimes I have to do physical therapy, and my bones might shift from time to time, but lately I had some time so decided to go get some therapy done. Its not a big deal." It was understood, Kevin will back at TVB in April to shoot a police-action series.

#887 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Kevin Cheng to star in a new film
Sunday March 16, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: http://my.entertainm...-080200880.html

Posted Image

Rumours are rife that TVB actor Kevin Cheng will be starring in a new movie in near future.

As reported on HK Channel, on the afternoon of 11 March, the 44-year-old actor was spotted meeting with Hong Kong actor and director Alfred Cheung at a cafe in Causeway Bay.

Since the actor is back in Hong Kong to film his new TVB series and may be staying longer due to his physiotherapy, speculations arise that he may be in discussions to star in a new movie, to be helmed by the "Manhattan Midnight" director.

However, when approached by reporters to ask about his meeting with Alfred, Kevin only smiled and said, "Hope everyone is in good health!"

Meanwhile, Kevin will begin filming his new series, "Eye In The Sky" in May.

#888 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

Kevin Cheng "wired Up" to sell fried chicken
Thursday April 10, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: The Sun
Translated by: R.E.D@http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Posted Image

Kevin Cheng has been busy doing a commercial for fast food chain KFC recently. He posed as 007 and got himself all "wired up" for the filming. " Within a day, I tried different pose, I hope the film directors recognize my skill and invite me to do motion pictures, like being a spy with beautiful women and nice cars!" He also added that he wants to be 千頌伊 aka Jeon Ji Hyun's double, who can change in 30 seconds, and attract people to eat fried chicken.

#889 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

Kevin Cheng delaying action scenes due to injury
Thursday April 17, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-054500538.html

Posted Image

Returning to TVB for his new series, "Eye in the Sky", it was revealed that Kevin Cheng will have to delay his action scenes due to the nature of his leg injury.

According to Mingpao, the actor who is still nursing his leg after several filming accidents was recently informed that his torn ligament might be more severe than he had expected.

"I did not think it was that bad," said Kevin, who first injured his right leg during the filming of "Under the Canopy of Love" in 2005, and aggravated his condition through several other injuries along the way. "But it turns out that the injury is more serious. My foot would swell like a watermelon whenever I overexert myself. The doctors said that I will have to go on rehab for two months to heal."

Kevin revealed that TVB has decided to delay his action scenes for the new series after being told about his condition, saying, "I will not have a lot of action scenes in the first month."

"I have yet to receive the script, so I don't really know how many action scenes I would have to do. But since it's a crime drama, I expect a lot of gun fights and chase scenes," he added.

"Eye in the Sky" will begin filming in May and also stars Ruco Chan and Tavia Yeung.

#890 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

Kevin Cheng learns skin care secrets from Jimmy Lin
Monday April 28, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-040800774.html

Posted Image

Hong Kong star Kevin Cheng was recently praised for his youthful skin, which he attributed to his good friend, Jimmy Lin.

According to On CC, the actor who won this year's Media Recommended Artiste at the 18th Channel [V] Chinese Music Awards, stated, "If there is a true master of defying age, it would be Jimmy Lin."

"He told me that I must eat healthier and urged me to drink collagen. He says that it has a different skin care effect than normal food!" the actor disclosed.

Meanwhile, in regards to the award he won, Kevin joked, "I would not have achieved the same honour in Hong Kong!"

His good friend Jimmy Lin also received an award for the year's Most Popular Artiste at the event.

The 18th Channel [V] China Music Awards, which was held at the Venetian Macao on 23 April, honoured the year's top music artistes, as well as achievements made in music production, stage and dance.

Aside from Kevin and Jimmy, "Triumph in the Skies II" star, Julian Cheung won Best Film and Television Person of The Year awards, as well as 2014's Care Ambassador title.

#891 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Kevin Cheng falls in love with Tavia Yeung (in drama) with an injury
Wednesday April 30, 2014 Hong Kong
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Posted Image

After two and a half years, "TV King" Kevin Cheng returns to TVB to film a drama. Yesterday, he attended the costume fitting for drama "Heaven's Sight" in a suit look. Kevin, who hurt his right leg, will have to start filming with an injury. He will be in a love triangle with Tavia Yeung and Ruco Chan. But TVB will look after Kevin; they will push all the action scenes back, to prevent Kevin's injury getting worse.

"TV King" Kevin Cheng and Tavia Yeung attended the costume fitting at Tseung Kwan O TVB City for the Fong Chun-Chiu produced upcoming drama "Heaven's Sight". Kevin, who has been very popular in Mainland China and making a lot of RMB, finally returned to TVB after two and a half years. Kevin will be playing a police who will solve cases, and will have a love triangle with Ruco Chan, who plays his little brother and Tavia Yeung.

Right leg is recovering

Kevin, who has hurt his right leg, must start filming with an injury. He expressed that his injury is recovering. The drama's sction scenes will be scheduled in the last part of filming. They will film simple dialogue scenes (?) when they start filming in May first. He said: "I am recovering now, when we start filming, we will shoot dialogue scenes first. If my injury gets worse, it won't be good if it ends up affecting the others."

Tavia Yeung, who sported her drama look with black frames, will be playing a dwelling geek in the drama. She laughed: "I am a dwelling geek in real life too. Usually other than filming, I rarely go out. I'm so happy to work with Kevin again. The last drama we cooperated in was "A Fistful of Stances"."

Doesn't attend dinner parties

Tavia has just returned to Hong Kong from Malaysia after attending an endorsement function. On the news of Samantha Ko getting invited to a dinner party by a rich businessman with a 7 digit figure, Tavia laughed: "How come no one asks me to go! Maybe I am not attractive enough, need to ask Samantha Ko to introduce me! If someone calls me to invite me, I will ask what the price is? What is there to eat? It won't be street food stalls right? (You would consider?) I won't, I don't need to earn money this way, I have my own. (Is it because you have a boyfriend that they don't ask you?) Maybe they know my mom doesn't like it."

#892 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:10 AM

Kevin Cheng needs to ask Him Law's permission before kissing Tavia
Thursday May 8, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Janestar/The Sun/MingPao
Edited by: R.E.D @http://asianuniverse.net/

Posted Image Posted Image

Kevin Cheng, Ruco Chan, Tavia Yeung and Samantha Ko attended TVB upcoming crime thriller "Eye in the Sky" costume fitting yesterday. In the series, Kevin and Ruco portray brothers, in which Kevin is a policeman while Ruco is the ultimate villain. Tavia portrays a private investigator, who later becomes romantically linked to both men. Kevin revealed he will share intimate scenes with Tavia, but there will only be one kissing scene. However, the scene will replay several times throughout the series. When asked if Kevin should request permission beforehand from Tavia’s compatible onscreen partner, Kenneth Ma, he laughed and exclaimed, “Why should I need to ask him? Shouldn’t I be asking Him Law instead?”

With the chance to share romantic ties to both Kevin and Ruco, Tavia feels very lucky. Earlier, Ruco also remarked he needs to ask Kenneth for permission before filming a kissing scene with Tavia. Like Kevin, she wanted to know, “Why is there a need to ask him?” Instead, Tavia looks forward to sharing a kissing scene with Samantha Ko, since it is a new experience. The kiss will take place when the two girls pretend to be lesbians in front of Tavia’s father to avoid him from introducing her to different men. Tavia is looking forward to kissing Samantha as this would be her first time kissing a girl.

Speaking of Mother’s Day on May 11, Tavia will take her mother out for tea and give her flowers. Asked if she has plans to celebrate with Him Law’s mother, Tavia revealed she would send a text message and ask her out to eat if there is time. Asked if the two families will dine together, Tavia expressed, “We’re not like that, and we’re not too familiar. I never bring my mother along even if I dine out with friends!”

On the other hand, Ruco’s TVB management contract is coming to an end, and he reportedly voiced big demands for a salary increase. Ruco expressed, “What’s considered big, and what’s considered small? TVB has its own system, and it’s fine as long as I’m happy.” Ruco added that the reports were false, and his contract renewal is not a big issue because he will remain at the company to film. “It’s not even time to discuss the matter yet, so I don’t need to be rushed into thinking about the conditions. Actually, every artiste hopes for a double win. TVB is a large platform, and hopefully it can extend to other places.”

#893 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:12 AM

Kevin Cheng sheds weight for new series
Thursday May 22, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: https://my.entertain...-042900385.html

Posted Image

Looking slightly slimmer at the filming set of his upcoming TVB drama, "Eye in the Sky", Kevin Cheng revealed that he decided to maintain his weight to have a fresh look for the series.

As reported on Oriental Daily, the actor, who plays the role of a police whose passion is to solve hard cases, stated that he has little to no time to exercise due to his busy schedule and thus went on a strict diet instead.

"As soon as filming begins, I will have no time to work out at all. So the only thing I could do is to make sure I eat right," said the actor.

Avoiding sugar, oily fried snacks and junk food, Kevin revealed he also tries to eat only light meals to shed the extra pounds.

"Eye in the Sky" also stars Tavia Yeung as a private investigator who takes over her father's agency, while Ruco Chan plays a friendly guy with a dark personality.

#894 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Kevin Cheng accidentally hits the door frame and bleeds
Thursday May 29, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: MingPao
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

Posted Image

Yesterday, Kevin Cheng and Tavia Yeung attended the blessing ceremony for TVB'w new drama "Heaven's Eye". Seeing a bandaid above Kevin's left eyebrow, he exposed that the night before, when he was leaving the set after filming, he accidentally hit the door frame and started bleeding. The producer immediately went to the hospital with him. Thankfully, he didn't need any stitches. He laughed: "After I hit (the door frame), I only realized after a crew member told me I was bleeding!" Is he worried that it will "ruin" his face? Kevin calmly replied: "I've gotten hurt my face many times. I've gotten five stitches before from playing ball, ten stitches from filming. This time, I didn't even need any stitches, just a bandaid for it to heal. I will go for a check up after resting for three to four days."

Tavia Yeung's male partners can't escape injuries?

Tavia Yeung teased Kevin saying he is clumsy, she said: "I thought it was make up! I only knew it was an injury after he came in "crying"." Tavia realized that earlier, when she cooperated with Steven Ma in "Storm in a Cocoon", he also injured his nose. The male artistes that she cooperates with cannot escape having injuries? Tavia waved her hands and shook her head saying: "It's not my fault! I'll scare off everyone if you say that!"

#895 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Bosco Wong’s Popularity Rises as Kevin Cheng Hits Bump in Mainland Market
Friday May 30, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Jaynestars
Image: ihktv.com

Posted Image

Since 2012, Bosco Wong has already completed three mainland Chinese dramas including Racecourse, The Woman Above the Bread Tree, and Young Sherlock. Initially paid 100,000 RMB per episode, Bosco’s filming fees have soared to 250,000 RMB per episode, which is comparable to TV King Kevin Cheng. In March this year, Bosco flew to Hengdian to film his fourth mainland series, Detective Yang Jin Bang. Bosco has a great relationship with the cast and crew members of Detective Yang Jin Bang. Although his Mandarin still needs improvement, he conversed with others as much as possible to improve his skills. Bosco also studied the script diligently to memorize his dialogue. During his free time, Bosco went grocery shopping and prepared soup for the cast and crew. When others invited him out to dinner, he was also sure to attend. The production company has been treating Bosco very well. Detective Yang Jin Bang was supposed to film during the summer, but the schedule was pushed earlier since Bosco cannot withstand the scorching heat.

In contrast, Kevin Cheng reportedly did not get along well with the filming crew and exhibited poor attitude. While filming Ip Man, it was understood that Kevin’s offensive remarks provoked a martial artiste into inflicting real injuries upon him. Although Kevin’s career received a boost after Bu Bu Jing Xin, his popularity has declined since Yip Man aired. Viewers felt his action scenes were poorly performed and his acting was not up to par. His Mainland dramas, Red Dust and Hero, only received mediocre ratings. Furthermore, the broadcast dates for two of his other dramas, Love and Passion, as well as Hua Xu Yin, remain unfinalized. Since then, Kevin has not been offered any more scripts from Mainland production companies. He reportedly returned to TVB to film Eye in the Sky after realizing his career in mainland China has come to a halt.

#896 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

Kevin Cheng denies relationship with cousin

Monday July 21, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-065300525.html

Hong Kong actor Kevin Cheng was infuriated with the recent rumour of an affair with his cousin, Wang Xian Yong, Oriental Daily reported.

Previously, it was rumoured that Wang, who serves as his personal assistant and photographer, has been having marital problems due to her affair with the actor.

Allegedly, Kevin and Wang have been spending most of their time together and even had a secret trip to Singapore earlier this year.

However, when asked to respond to the rumours, Kevin, who was filming an action scene for his upcoming series "Eye in the Sky" recently, expressed his anger and said that he may sue the magazine that published the report.

"I understand that as an artiste, there is bound to be some gossips about you. Though I have put up with various slanderous reports, there is a limit to my tolerance," said Kevin.

He added, "This time, my family's reputation has been damaged. I won't keep quiet anymore."

Kevin also urged the magazine to make an apology for the fabricated news. "I will definitely take legal action and will be discussing it with my lawyer."

Edited by foreverleila, 22 July 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#897 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

Kevin Cheng supports Raymond Lam's departure

Thursday August 7, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: https://my.entertain...-063800405.html

5cde88.jpg

Following Raymond Lam's recent departure from TVB after 16 years of collaboration, many of his peers have been expressing their support and giving their blessings to the actor.

This includes Kevin Cheng, who is also one of TVB's most cherished treasures, according to Mingpao News.

The actor recently confessed of supporting Raymond's decision to leave the company. "I think maybe Raymond feels that it's time for him to go out and do something different."

"Being in the same environment may limit his development and one day, even the viewers will be bored. An actor will be able to diversify his acting styles and refresh his performance by working with new people," he said.

Asked if he also has the intention to leave the company, Kevin, who once expressed his intention to establish his own film studio, stated, "I have many more years in my contract and there are still more dramas that I can do." "As for the production studio, I will consider it again when there is more time," he added.

Kevin also denied that Raymond's departure will affect TVB much, saying that there are still many talents within the company waiting to be unleashed and named actors such as Ruco Chan and Kenneth Ma as the next TVB's golden actors.

#898 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36849 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:52 PM

Kevin Cheng and Charmaine Sheh rumoured to have reconciled due to Raymond Cho's party; Raymond Cho denies

Tuesday October 21, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: on.cc / Wen Wei Po / Kwong Wah News
Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums

nou4xz.jpg

Recently, there were rumours that Kevin Cheng and Charmaine Sheh had reconciled due to Raymond Cho's birthday party. Earlier, HK actor, Raymond Cho held his 50th birthday party at a hot pot restaurant in Cheung Sha Wan. Media outlets reported that ex-couple, Kevin Cheng and Charmaine Sheh came one after another. When Kevin arrived, he denied that he was the host, just here to eat. But when asked if he told Raymond to throw a big party, he said: "50th birthday is a big event, of course you should make it big!" Afterwards, Charmaine Sheh arrived in a taxi alone. Charmaine, who wasn't wearing any makeup, was very startled when she saw reporters there. After a few moments, she politely said hi to reporters. Asked if she was here to attend Raymond Cho's birthday party? She mysteriously said: "I'm here to eat with a friend." Asked if she prepared a birthday present, she patted her bag, seemingly to say she has prepared something, and quickly entered the restaurant.

Yesterday, Raymond Cho attended the TVB Lighting Ceremony and clarified the news, saying Charmaine was not there to attend his birthday party and only came to say hi. He does not feel that the two reconciled either: "Charmaine was actually there to attend another friend's gathering. But after 8pm, I got drunk already, so I didn't pay attention to them." He expressed that he thinks this year's TV King will be between Wayne Lai and Roger Kwok, and laughed saying he hopes there can be a "double champion", so everyone can be happy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kevin cheng, cheng ka wing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users