AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

What do you believe about eye twitching?

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#121 Mz_LaN

Mz_LaN

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

lol... i dunno.... sometimes i mention it... particularly if me and my frends are heading somewhere or gonna do something...
supposed to be left eye means good or summink... but dont really believe it neway..

well i dunno, i sorta do believe in that left eye twitching is goodluck because when that happens and i think about it good stuff really does happen!

i was walking downtown with my friends and my left eye started twitching...i told my buddies and they laughed and me but next thing i knew there was a 20 on the floor and i found it!!

#122 crazydude

crazydude

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

I've heard that if one's left eye twitches it means bad things are about to happen, and this applies to both sexes. But I think it's all psychological.

#123 bokki

bokki

saRang ChangMin <33

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

from wat ive watched on tvb, twitching ur eye means somethings going to happen...but like...wen do u kno if one of ur eye twitches?

#124 LessThanThreeYou

LessThanThreeYou

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

lol.. hmm.. i better be careful because my right eye kept on twitching two days ago.. maybe something bad is going to happen?

#125 Lost 天使

Lost 天使

kizami hajimeru atarashii toki o

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

REALLY? wow... that's interesting. my right eye's been twitching like mad lately... probably because my diet's changing drastically and my sleep pattern is a bit weird. but WOW!!! i never knew about the "twitching eye" thing. i wonder what's the "fortunate" or "unfortunate" thing that's gonna happen to me? tehehehehe....

#126 PinkRoses

PinkRoses

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:39 AM

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but EVERYTIME my left eyelids twitches, something bad would happen while if my right eyelid twitches, something good would happen. For example, in school one day, my left eyelid kept twitching and when i went home that day, my dad said that our golden Retriever died... another thing- yesterday, my left eyelid twitched and I lost my right earring. Lol...

Edited by PinkRoses, 19 October 2006 - 03:41 AM.

#127 frangipani

frangipani

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:00 AM

I dont believe it. It just means that your eye muscles are fatigued and need rest.

#128 maea_maie

maea_maie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1768 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:51 AM

that's one superstition i don't believe in. i have a really bad eye sight and i always twitch since very young. it's nothing really.

#129 mavis

mavis

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

i heard frm my friend that de twitching lid goes in a pattern... it goes in xi, nu, ai, le (happy, anger, sadness, glad) XI is on the top right lid, NU is on the bottom right lid, AI is on the left top lid and LE is on the left bottom lid..

#130 May.T

May.T

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:15 PM

I guess that I don't really believe in that because I can never get the ryhme right... Left is what?? Right is wat?? I think about it for a while and I just forget about it.

#131 fanatics1

fanatics1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:19 AM

My mom said that once her eyes twitched and then right after that she saw the news that the plane has crashed into World Trade Centre.

#132 bruce_li

bruce_li

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:38 AM

Here is my story, IF I LIE THEN GOD SEND ME STRAIGHT TO HELL.

I was in 8th grade while sitting in the middle of Health Class. The class just started discussing about the circulatory system and mumbo jumboo. And then all of a sudden, while I was sitting there, my left eyes twitches uncotrollably, I guess is about a dozen twitches, which is really weird , i FIRST THOUGHT, and my mom always tell me that left eyes mean bad luck, but I never believe her. And I swear my unlucky number is 11.

Then about 10 minutes later, a bus ram into the side of the building-where my class is, you know those yellow school buses, the front of the bus hit the wall and then the front of the bus is actually sticking inside the classroom. There was water everywhere and all of the students including my friends were shocked because of a sudden impact of the bus, Is just so loud, that all the bricks went flying in, and the front of the bus is like 12-13 feet from my desk. It was the most loudest sound I ever heard. There was this spanish guy sitting near the wall where the bus directly slam him from behind fracturing both his scapula AND i THINK HE SUFFERS FROM BRAIN INJURY or something but he was okay though.
The impact was so sudden that none of us including me had a chance to even think about what just happen, girls scream and I just basically ran out of the classroom as fast as I can. The busdriver later on describe that her brakes fail, and she tries to park the bus, and she continuosly tapping the brake with her foot but it doesn't work. She swore to the police that it doesn't work, but then later investigation finds out that there were no problem with the braking system.

Yeah, and guess what the bus number is ? 11

#133 nathania512

nathania512

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

My eyes oso alwiz twitch wan....i don't belief all da myths even though my frens told me tat...but da weird thing is not oni my eyes but sometimes my arm and leg muscle twitch oso...can some1 tell me y does it happen?plz giv me some answers...thank u....

#134 DeliriousTea

DeliriousTea

-={[}-{]-BatmaN-[}-{]}=-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1733 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

well here's the thing, one of my friends left eye have been twitching for awhile and my other friend thought it's a sign of good luck. then she got all confused cuz i question her, now she's unsure if it's left eye or right eye or was it the eyebrow that represent the fortune.
so, what do you all think?

is the chinese way goes by left good, right bad; or right good, left bad?
and would it be the eyebrow or under the eye?

#135 Ruichan

Ruichan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:24 AM

chinese way : left good, right bad. I think it's the eyebrow and not under the eye.
It's just your eyes are tired or muscle spasms.

#136 d e l i a

d e l i a

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

i hate when that happens because that is like a sign that i'm losing sleep. i don't think i've ever heard about the good/bad luck thing about twitching eyes though.

#137 crazy4sushi

crazy4sushi

feed me sushi ^.^

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2217 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

haha i hate it too..it feels uncomfortable and it usually means i'm sleepy not wether its bad luck or good luck haha

#138 dubz

dubz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:53 PM

your friend is just tired. tell her to go to sleep or something. my right eye always twitches. and yes it is supposed to be a bad omen in chinese superstition, but i dont believe it.

#139 RealityStarfish

RealityStarfish

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:26 AM

You know what, this thing is amazingly true for me. Whenever my right eye twitches constantly, then something bad is bound to happen within 3 days time (no kiddy stuff either). While when my left eye twitches, it means good fortune (my left eye rarely twitches though). If both eyes twitches constantly, it means either something big is gonna happen. It's either a good thing or a bad thing.......but it will always be something big. Like the time when my grandpa died.

#140 DeliriousTea

DeliriousTea

-={[}-{]-BatmaN-[}-{]}=-

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1733 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:17 AM

well my eye twitches sometimes too but only cuz i usually don't have enough sleep
maybe i should keep a log next time my eye twitches and see if anything happens heh
now the correct version is
Left eyebrow = good
Right eyebrow = bad ?
and it's not under the eye, it's the eye brow..

just making this clear

#141 usagi654

usagi654

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:54 AM

THey say that left is good and right is bad but technically you just need sleep. My eyes would twitch and nothing out of the ordinary would happen. =\

#142 felixfelicis

felixfelicis

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:46 AM

Yup, this is what people always say in Chinese => 左吉右凶 (zuo ji you xiong)
It means left is good and right is bad.

I dun really believe in this. To me, it is just abnormal function of basal ganglion. Might be due to stress or lack of sleep. :D

#143 swe3tdreamz

swe3tdreamz

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:25 PM

although i know its a muscle relax action, i still believe that superstition. It can bring good luck. builds self-esteem i guess

#144 SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988

~ TVB ADDICT ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4460 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

Oh, my eye twitch sometimes and it doesn it like couple of times then stops.
I don't even know what it means though. But as chinese says if left means good and right means badd? hmm..idunno.

#145 keepp

keepp

Respect All. Fear None.

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:26 AM

I assume the op meant eye lids and not eyes?

if so, there are various versions of this "belief".
one of them is: left eye lid twitches = bad for guys. right eye lid = bad for girls.

another is based on top and bottom of left and right eye lids. I forget what signifies what but something like: top left = bad, top right = romance, or something.

my eye lids generally twitch when I am stressed or have not slept well.

#146 jogii

jogii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:27 AM

my family has always told me that

left eye = bad
right eye = good

and it's true for me, i hate it when my left eye twitches-- especially REALLY badly because something bad alawys happens.

#147 Jae Min

Jae Min

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

I feel it too, Its usually when i do something bad. Hahahaha. yeah, i know what you are going to say. I, Ann am the bad girl. *sniffles* But, I am not. >.> I didn't do the dishes or finish something. And my right eye starts twitching. Or something i just didn't get enough sleep. But, yeah it just starts twitching for no reason.

#148 Choco ~ Latte

Choco ~ Latte

AF Noob Translator

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26099 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

its suppose to be left good and right bad but sometimes its neither cuz ur eyes can just be twitching cuz you didnt get enough sleep or that ur stressed out

#149 EG_luva:)

EG_luva:)

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:58 PM

i thinks it's right eye bad, left eye good. and it really happens to me. whenevr my right eye twitches, i get bad luck. or is it just me...

#150 revlis

revlis

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:47 PM

ermm..i do believe in this because this thing alert me whether good things or bad things will happen soon.. My right eye is still twitching even i'm typing this message right now..my eye have been twitching since last Thursday and it hasn't stop since! i know something bad is going to happen so i got really careful...when i'm on the way to get my bus to go back to my house, i fell down on the road..then,when i got into the bus,i realized that my wallet n my phone have been stolen..what a bad incident...so better believe it!!When my left eye twitch,i'll receive something good most of the time..

#151 x melon nii

x melon nii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:37 AM

i believe it. it happened to me, there was a time my right eye kept twitching and the next thing i know something bad was happenning.

#152 1234567

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

er lets see chinese way "jor guk, yow hon"

left is gd

right is bad

i dont really believe in this, all i kno is that it is really annoyin wen ur eye twitches

#153 mo0owie

mo0owie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:30 AM

I never get this...
but yea...my dad told me if my eyes twitch...depending on the side, it indicates whether if it's good or bad

for girls ------
left: bad things will happen to go you
right: good things will happen to you

for guys----
right: good
left: bad

then my mom tells me the opposite
haha so which one is it really?

#154 jogii

jogii

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:18 AM

my family has always told me that:

left= bad
right= good

and the left one has been proven for me at least anyway.. when i was 12 my left eye kept twitching violently and it never twitches [my right one always twitches] and i told some people in my family and they got all concerned. the next morning, we found out that my mum died in hospital. :/ [she had cancer, was staying in a hospital for a month around then]

#155 k i m m a y

k i m m a y

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:53 AM

i dont believe in those things i think when your eyes twitch it is just that you didnt have enought sleep.

my whole family believes in it but i dont get why i cant get to believe in it.

yeah so i dont believe in those things

#156 snowdropz

snowdropz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

well, i believe it - sometimes. once my right eye wouldnt stop twitching in the morning, and it turns out after that i won the first prize competition for my artwork in school... but yeah that was a few years ago, but it only happened once though.

i guess it has to be constantly twitching, if its just a few times only it might just be your nerves.

#157 shiyun2

shiyun2

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

MyMy mom always told me that if your eye twiches it's either gonna rain or you are gonna cry later on. :lol?:

#158 ₓₓpham---

ₓₓpham---

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:40 AM

my mom says your eye twitches because you were supposed to do something but you forgot,
or someone is mentioning you/thinking of you, but not infront of your face

for girls ------
left: bad things will happen to go you
right: good things will happen to you

for guys----
right: good
left: bad

ahah i think you made a mistake there, its same for guys and girl xD

or maybe cause your sleepy? iono, its supposed to happen during REM when you sleep

#159 Susiedolz

Susiedolz

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:03 AM

ya ya i heard bout this man
mah friend said her eye was twtiching all day and something good happened ... haha
dont kno if its co incidence

#160 strangeepiphany

strangeepiphany

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

Ah, I don't believe this kind of stuff. My right eye twitches like one a week, at least. It just means I've had too much caffeine that day. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users