AF needs funding again

- - - - -

Angie Chiu Ah Chi (趙雅芝)

angie chiu chiu ah chi

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image
Profile:
Engish Name: Angie or Gigi Chiu
Mandarin Name: Zhao Yazhi
Other Name: Chiu Ngar Chi u
Origin/Birthplace: Hong Kong
Birthday: November 15th, 1954
Height: 1.65 m
Weight: 52 kg
Blood Type: O
Family: Married, 3 sons.

Edited by Zyphere, 27 November 2005 - 05:49 PM.

#2 Sabby

Sabby

s m i l e

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3059 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:01 PM

what other shows has she been in? her performance in PONR is excellent =]

#3 HeavenlyCharm

HeavenlyCharm

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

She is so famous in the 80's

Reincarnated princess

She played the 3rd princess Miao Shin, and she become later the goddess of Mercy Kwan Ying.
Her co star are Simon Yam and Lau Dan. Gigi is pretty as the Goddess, i love her!

The Flying Fox of the snowing mountain

She is Ma Chun Wah, a beautiful Han girl who fall in love with a Mandchou prince. The man loves her, but he must chose between her and his royal rank, so at the end he killed Angie. it's very sad!

In the other sied of the horizon.

Angi is Tong kei, a girl who knows a lot about poison, she met Andy Lau, and they fall in love. But Andy is from a good sect, whereas Angi's clan is called the devil sect. At the end Andy die, and Angie stay alone for the rest of her life, she tells the other Andy exploit .

She has made a lot of serie with Adam Cheng too

#4 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3994 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

she was probably the most popular actress back then, somewhat the status of Kenix Kwok, Flora Chan, Jessica Hsuen and Ada Choi COMBINED now
An interesting anecdote was that after she played Kwan Yin, the goddess of mercy, she got so religious that she let go of her fame and went to a monastry to become a nun.

I believe she was there for a decade or so, then came out again. And recently started acting again. If she had continued acting then, I think she'd be more powerful than Lisa Wong or Dodo cheng.

#5 forever_autumn

forever_autumn

Asian Fanatic

• Retired Crew
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4195 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

what other shows has she been in? her performance in PONR is excellent =]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i totally agree, she was awesome in PONR.. she was the only reason I kept watching. i thought the series itself was boring :P but Angie gave a terrific performance, especially in the scenes where she's all alone & crying.

she's in a lot of older tvb series, like Chor Lau Heung, HSDS..

#6 i_fotted

i_fotted

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

Yea, she was very famous back in the days. I remember that cute series she played with Simon Yam where she was Angelic Princess . She was in so many other series including the Bund with Chow Yun Fat. To me she is one of the greatest actresses ever. She just came back recently and did The Yang Saga with Alec Su. She looks amazing still at the age of 51, she looks like she's in her 30s.

#7 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

Besides PONR and Warriors of the Yang Clan (楊門虎將), she has also starred in another China production, one of which is Qing Hua 青花, a story about the art of making 青花 + the precious value of 青花 in China. Quite a nice drama in my opinion.

One past drama where she acted in is 嫁錯媽, an ATV production. One of my personal favs, so if you guys have a chance, go watch it. Love the way Stanley Kwan films the entire drama. :yeah

Edited by Icemisty, 17 August 2005 - 06:13 PM.

#8 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 04:49 PM

I thought she actually retired many years ago. I didn't expect to see her in PONR. She look so young even after so many years. She is so beautiful. Does anyone knows if she sings?

#9 Edwise

Edwise

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:45 AM

All I know that she's definitely a famous veteran actress. I remembered she got an award from TVB for her acting skills.

#10 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:30 PM

Nah, not for her "acting skill". The only award she received from TVB is a classical role award. It got more to do with the series than with her acting skill though.
This year, Warrior of yang clan scored one of the lowest ratings in HK, only 2 and 3 points in average. Qing Hua should be better. It has a very famous Mongolian actress in it.

#11 Guests

• Guests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:28 PM

I am never a fan of hers, even though I watched her since I was very young. I find her boring, her acting lifeless, the fact that after she became famous she only chooses to play goody goody demure roles made her even more boring. She is pretty, but it doesn't help.

#12 silvermoony2k5

silvermoony2k5

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:41 PM

I personally think the bund with chow yunfat and point of no return were her very good series, I liked her in lfying fox as well but she died and was so sad

#13 hlac

hlac

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:14 PM

Angie, Chiu Nga Chi, she's a great actress, very pretty, very womanly looking. I love her acting, is spectacular. Hope she will do more new series for tvb. She looks amazing for her age.

#14 venne

venne

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:17 AM

I am a fan of Angie Chui ever since CLH 79 and The Bund with Adam Cheng and Chow Yun-fat. They are one of the best couple in their time, and now, they still look good and famous. Angie is very beauty, even at the age of 50 something she still keep her good look. I wish she would act more because I missed her acting. I didn't watch the Yang Clan b/c I don't like anyone in there, but Angie. I want Angie to couple with Adam Cheng again in the future...luv them!

#15 dragonfly69uk

dragonfly69uk

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:06 PM

angie chiu definitely been is this tvb industry for very long time now, i she is ok for the acting side, but pretty is so and so, mind you she keep herself fit and healthy, and at her age is definitely good to compare with other.

#16 karla

karla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:44 AM

I'm fans angie since i have seen Legend of white snake, so i'm fans angie more than 10 years. I have some new angie's picture. But i don't know the way of post that picture in this forum. But if you want to know that picture you can send e-mail to me, so i will send you the picture. My email:karla_zhi@yahoo.com

#17 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:38 PM

When i first saw her in PONR, i thought its someone else. I didn't expect to see her cming back to TVB after so long. I thought she might be enjoying her "siew lai lai" lifestyle. The most impressive thing is she has not change. She is very slim and beautiful. After giving birth 3 times, she can still maintain her figure.
Excellent acting and a real beauty!! clapclap

#18 karla

karla

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:54 AM

I have added her new picture in gallery in this site. If you want to see her new picture, you can open gallery in this site.

#19 Faythe

Faythe

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:37 AM

She's also act in a modern heroine action serie with her husband. That was a really good serie. It would have been better, if the guy that she loves didn't die. The ending is not so very happy for her. Every guy that loves her died in the end.

#20 Angiefan

Angiefan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:36 AM

Anyone know her full filmography????

http://images.asianf...ormal_pic_3.jpg

What's she doing in that picture???

Is she doing humanitarian work or something???

I'm fans angie since i have seen Legend of white snake, so i'm fans angie more than 10 years. I have some new angie's picture. But i don't know the way of post that picture in this forum. But if you want to know that picture you can send e-mail to me, so i will send you the picture. My email:karla_zhi@yahoo.com

Ya, me too, i also like her after saw The Legend of White Snake.

She was amazing and definitely the most beautiful actress in ancient costume. Her acting is excellent.

Trying to get her movie on DVDs now, but it's quite hard.

#21 ActressStars1

ActressStars1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:55 AM

:wub: Kool!!...I totalli Love Angie she is a Great Actress!!! Loved her in Point of No Return!!....She portrayed her character sooooo well!!!...She has shown all aspects of a Wonderful Performance!!! And she is quite pretty too!!! ^_^ :wub:
Thx 4 the pic!!!!! ^_^ :wub:

Edited by ActressStars1, 09 March 2006 - 04:56 AM.

#22 Autumns

Autumns

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

I like angie eps in point of no reture series. She's the best actress and excellent then she is a pretty :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

hope to see in new series soon :lol?:

#23 YuKinKo^^

YuKinKo^^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:20 PM

Angie Chiu is really great n' looks so pretty.
1st time i saw her in the legend of white snake when i was a kid.
i really love her until now ^^

#24 Brandoboy8

Brandoboy8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:58 AM

definitely a classic actress....and one of the most elegant beauties during that time.........looking back at her early series, she was so pretty!.......if only she's acting more now.....:S

#25 YuKinKo^^

YuKinKo^^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

is angie singing? it's so hard to find ost white snake legend mp3.
i have that cassette but it's already missing >,<
i couldn't find that song anymore in so many site....

did anyone have her pic?

#26 valerian

valerian

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:50 AM

She is in her 50s? My goodness. Still she got that classic look and she is pretty. Hope to read more abt her biography in details. Too little infor.

#27 justm_e

justm_e

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

the first ancient series i saw of Angie Chiu was a Taiwanese one, do not know the english name, but it's the one that Vicky Wei's peking moment did in recent days. Angie's costum looked absolutely stunning beautiful and elegant, i can post some pix here later. Angie has a face that represents a typical ancient Chinese beauty.

#28 salvatoreferragamo

salvatoreferragamo

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:47 PM

she is great in acting and some singing too...she is really stunning..too bad she diden give much lead role

#29 YuKinKo^^

YuKinKo^^

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-n00b
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:31 PM

I really love angie. everytime listen to her song ming ming bai bai wo de xin with adam zheng is really make me melt, she has a good voice! my most favourite actrees is her, that is Zhao Ya Zhi !!!

Luv u Angie, hope someday i can meet u.. waiting for that day =)

#30 ColdBeauty

ColdBeauty

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:45 AM

I love her too. She is beautiful and talented actress. Love her White Madam Snake series with Cecilia Yip.

#31 justm_e

justm_e

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

can anyone post some series drama of angie's??? like the ones she did with adam cheung???

#32 Tam Yuet Wah

Tam Yuet Wah

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:28 AM

I simply love Angie. She looked sweet and loveable in every of her series. I couldn't remember when I started to like her, or what series she was in. I only know Angie = sweetness to me.
Have anyone watched The reincarnated princess? I watched several times and I like her Kwan ying a lot.

#33 centuar

centuar

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:46 AM

An interesting anecdote was that after she played Kwan Yin, the goddess of mercy, she got so religious that she let go of her fame and went to a monastry to become a nun.

Nope, she never was a nun, just that she disappeared under the radar for a while, but she was in Taiwan making lots of Taiwanese serials... :)

#34 lkwan

lkwan

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

She has recently acted in a lot of series after her return. It shows that the viewers miss her.I remember the first series i watch was The Bund. She acted as Cheng Cheng, an innocent girl.She is so beautiful even w/o makeup.

#35 sirenDagger

sirenDagger

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:02 AM

I think she's one of the most beautiful actress I've ever seen. I can't imagine anyone playing the role of the reincarnated princess besides her. If anything, her portrayal of Bodhisattva is the prettiest among them all, IMO.

Does anyone know if she had collaborated with Simon Yam in any other series besides the Reincarnated Princess? Thanks. :)

#36 TingTing1

TingTing1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:24 PM

This is going to sound really strange. I can't read Chinese, but I can listen, so I need some help here. I watched a TV series of Angie in the 80's, about 1983 or 1984/5 and she was like Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor and she always left a flower as a token.

CAN ANYONE REMEMBER WHAT THE NAME OF THAT MOVIE WAS? I watched it on video and in Cantonese so I can't read Chinese so I don't know what it is called. Is there also an English title to that TV series?

I think she is stunning! If I could look like that now, I would be happy, not to mention at 54 or 55 yrs of age!

I think she acts very well. That picture of her on the cover of a magazine, my oh my, she does not look anythhing like a 50 year old! She looks like 29!

#37 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36892 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:45 PM

Angela Chui's glamorous look shines over Fala Chen
Friday November 20, 2009 Hong Kong

Posted Image Posted Image

China Arts opened its first flagship store in Shenzhen two days ago. Angela Chui who was appointed as the spokesperson for the brand, helped publicize and promote the "Chinese culture and lifestyle", in particular, she raised people's awareness of the brand's development. The company arranged for her to sit inside the Chinese Bridal Sedan Chair. When she arrived at the ceremony dressed up so beautifully, she immediately became the media's focal point. 27 year old Fala Chen was the master of ceremony, but in comparison with 55 year old Angela, did not look as glamourous as her.

Source:Mingpao
Translator: Hokkien128 @ http://www.asianvn.com