AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Anthony Wong ojbects to traditional character eradication

hong kong anthony wong

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 330d

330d

Catch you if you Spam

• Forum Crew
  • 18528 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Posted Imagecourtesy of mingpao.com
Mainland publication criticized Anthony Wong Chau Sun's comment online. "When you write traditional Chinese characters in China, over half the people don't understand them. Hua Xia Civilization in Mainland is already dead." Chau Sun yesterday replied, "Any further talk is promoting me. I am not against simplified characters, I am against eradicating traditional characters! A normal discussion isn't any so-called China Hong Kong conflict. It's the group of extremists who yelled, 'you are English dog' that has conflict with the entire society."

Source

#2 hori

hori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

This problem is also affecting Japan, as many young japanese is using more katakana to replace kanji. Hence many older generation are getting headaches from reading katakana.

#3 aznxthuggie

aznxthuggie

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

Its an inevitable trend in asia where things become more simplified and rules aren't followed. This gen in asia has no significant conflict and spends all day taking selfies n blogging. Feel sad for the future.

#4 Ulun

Ulun

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Like that also need to argue......:(

#5 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Just like rare species in the world, traditional characters is dying out!Posted Image

#6 westamp

westamp

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

I think traditional characters are beautiful. If you deconstruct it you can easily memorize and write it. I'm not a fan of simplified even though I learned both in Chinese school. Sometimes the simplified characters don't even look Chinese. To this day, I cannot read simplified w/o a dictionary next to me.