AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Takeshi Kaneshiro no longer a heartthrob?

takeshi kaneshiro

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 athlon

athlon

Selfish elite

• uber-newbie
  • 3978 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

Many netizens commented on his noticeable weight gain after recent photos of the actor were published Posted Image

Following a prolonged absence from the entertainment scene (his last project was 2011's Wu Xia), Takeshi Kaneshiro was spotted filming an airline commercial in Paris recently.

From the photos published in media reports, the 40-year-old appeared to have lost his charming good looks of yesteryear. He was spotted with a double chin and a rounder face, causing sharp-tongued netizens to label him an uncle. âœEven age takes its toll on such a handsome chap,❠said a netizen.
Fans have spoken up in defence of their half-Japanese, half-Taiwanese idol by attributing his current look to a âœmature imageâ, claiming that the heartthrob appeared to be in bad shape due to his 5am call time for the shoot.

Takeshi's manager also responded to the criticisms yesterday. She clarified that the artiste still maintains a rigorous beauty regime and takes part in outdoor activities regularly.

âœThe body condition is naturally different as we age. You can't expect him to maintain his 20-year-old condition forever,❠said his manager, who also revealed that the actor will begin filming for Hong Kong director John Woo's new film, The Crossing, next month.

The Crossing also features Chinese stars Huang Xiao Ming, Zhang Ziyi and Korean actress Song Hye-kyo.

. Posted Image
Source

#2 nomad 822

nomad 822

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

And Peter Pan netiziens never age/ will never age, of course.

So what's so wrong with his current looks?
He's just not that willowy-thin gangly youth with the sharp chin that he used to be.
But really, who is?

#3 MrCritique

MrCritique

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2029 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "look your age"; in fact, we should expect them to do so with grace. In Hollywood, we had witnessed people like Sean Connery, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, and Brad Pitts transforming themselves as they aged without compromising their grace by foolishly acting like they were still at their prime.

Only in HK would we find these "Peter Pan's" who still think they are 30 years younger than they actually are.

#4 AmbrosiaLorien

AmbrosiaLorien

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

There's nothing wrong with the way Takeshi looks now, imo, but it's true that (from these pics, at least) he doesn't look like one of those men who get sexier as they age. I guess not all men are like fine wine. =P In any case, I prefer men who look their age rather than try to look 10 years younger than they are.

#5 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6934 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Oh my, who cares about this now, so what they are old, their acting arent so bad

At most a few white hair or a few pounds extra, that wont hurt their image much, it might help them instead

#6 dingbat22

dingbat22

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

I don't get why people complain, people would dream to look like him, even if he's aged. He still looks good.

#7 Auramoon

Auramoon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:37 PM

For god sakes, he's not 20 anymore. He is supposed to AGE. Do they not know that? He's nturally aging unlike some famous actors/actresses who gets plastic surgery or botox to maintain their youth. I think he looks fine.

Edited by Auramoon, 18 June 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#8 Bashful;

Bashful;

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

he will get back in shape when he feels like it....

#9 mlint007

mlint007

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The Seeker

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2312 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

They betta leave my baby alone!

#10 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Its called the process of aging! Oh please he looks better than some of the 40 year olds I know.Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: takeshi kaneshiro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users