• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36847 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

'A Change of Heart' -- Bosco Wong & Niki Chow: Life's Trials
Wednesday June 12, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: TVB Weekly#832
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image

Michael Miu, Bosco Wong and Niki Chow had previously collaborated in separate series together, but this time they all collaborate again in TVB's much anticipated series A Change of Heart. Joey Meng joins the three leads in this series filled with complicated relationships, fresh feelings and high anticipation. They got breakthrough experiences and challenges that will bring a number of surprises to the audience!

Michael and Bosco collaborated in Dicey Business several years ago. Encountering Bosco again, Michael feels he has matured a lot: "After several years, he is clearly a big boy now. He is much more flexible in his acting and has matured a lot, especially this time around he plays two characters. I can definitely see he grasped it and improved." Bosco expressed: "Michael is the same as before. He is a gentleman, a senior with style. I feel very comfortable collaborating with him, I don't get much pressure. Also, he's always treating us food."

Truly Getting to Know Niki

Bosco had also collaborated with Niki in Under the Canopy of Love and The Seventh Day before. Although they had a romantic storyline in one of the series, the two expressed it was only after A Change of Heart when they truly became familiar. Niki expressed: "After so many years, we had our experiences and we matured. In the past, I could only say he's my colleague, but now he has become a friend I could talk to. I got to know him a lot more." Bosco: "Because at the time we didn't actually have too many scenes together and we were still new, I initially thought she was kind of cool, but after getting to know her more, I realized she's actually a little silly. She's a very optimistic good girl."

Bosco's Breakthrough: Two Characters

In A Change of Heart, Bosco plays both the big brother doctor Yiu Yat Shan and the young mischievous little brother Yiu Yuet Shan. This is Bosco's first time playing two characters and it really challenged his acting. He said: "The twins both have their humorous side. Big brother is a doctor, he has an unique way to treat his patients, while the little brother is just living life by the day and likes to idle around. The big brother is harder to portray because he is a doctor, he has a professional side and also a humorous side. Must clearly grasp these two characteristics, otherwise he'll be similar to the little brother."

The brothers fall in love with the same woman Yuen Siu Kat (Niki Chow), but unfortunately their personalities are complete opposite. "Niki loves the big brother. She doesn't like the little brother lounging around doing nothing. At first, she is more like a mother to him, frequently getting on his back and trying to change his bad habits. She later finds out the reason behind his behavior, that he actually has his reasoning and starts thinking differently about him. Yuet Shan also starts falling for her as well."

Super Matching Outfits

Bosco usually has rumors with his female co-stars. When A Change of Heart first started filming, Bosco had just returned to singlehood and thus the media paired him and Niki up. Bosco said he and Niki are closer after this series, but will the two actually become a real couple? Bosco immediately said no. He expressed they can only be a very matching on-screen couple. "This pairing is excellent. Perhaps she personally has interest in fashion, so while we were filming, she would automatically match what I was wearing. Some dating scenes, she would ask me what I'm wearing, then she'll match me with outfits that had more tone of colors. On screen, it looks so much better, like we had matching couple outfits." During the photo shoot of this cover story, Niki continued displaying her fashion skills. She helped Bosco match his clothes. These two may not be able to become an actual couple, but Bosco will consider making Niki his fashion counselor.

Niki's Breakthrough: Intertwining Lust

In the interview, Bosco mentioned there is a scene that will be Niki's hottest one that she ever had, but he was unwilling to disclose the details. Niki just said: "When I read the script and heard the director's instructions, I was startled myself. I was thinking, how are we going to do this scene? Bosco was so bad, he asked if he should eat durian or drink coffee first? Although this scene was daring, it shouldn't be too over and should be able to make it on the TV screen." Niki rarely does kiss scenes, but she had many experiences in A Change of Heart. Aside from Michael Miu, she has several kisses with Bosco. "There was one scene about Bosco kissing me underwater. It was a romantic scene, but the actual situation was another story. Because I don't know how to swim, I was constantly grabbing Bosco. Fortunately he was a pretty good flotation device. In another kiss scene, I had a pimple and told Bosco to help me cover it, but the camera shot was too close up, so initially it was done in 1 take, but because of my pimple, we did another take."

I want to be the Villain

Aside from kiss scenes, Niki also got a taste of being a villain. "There is one part in the series that I will be a villain to investigate a case. I thought it was so much fun. This was different from my past roles. I could do the really bad things and expand on it. I'm not like that in real life. Filming these scenes, I had interest in being an actual villain. Because I don't have the looks of a villain, that can actually deceive people, like you can't believe this person is actually such an evil person."
  • cindylee likes this

#2 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

I hope this series will do well and the plots do sound good enough to get peeps watching!Posted Image

#3 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6934 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Niki, why did you tell us spoilers, now you are going to glue me to this drama

I like this pairing anyway, i hope their characters in the drama end up well together

#4 Bashful;

Bashful;

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

they had good chemistry in this series...I like Bosco and Niki pairing

#5 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

niki and michael miu are horrible actings.
bosco is a flirt.

#6 uptowngirl

uptowngirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

I think they are doing a good job not the best but definitely improving give them a chance selliesellie - you seem somewhat anti towards them.

#7 varu

varu

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

I think they are doing a good job not the best but definitely improving give them a chance selliesellie - you seem somewhat anti towards them.

quite well known selliesellie's attitude is like that LOL anti many artistes except for those he/she likes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hong kong, bosco wong, niki chow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users