AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Dont let others...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Dont let others....

Do you find many english sayings as they are wrapped into friendliness but they are actually toxic sayings from enemies? This is a huge culture difference, we don't have that kinda backstabber sayings.

I find it good for the society that we don't have these. I think everything gives an influence of social structure of society. It implies what kind of society it is.

I find it important to know culture differences. For example native americans have very much verbal friendliness which is actually a wrapped knife.

Have you met cultures which are similar than yours in this or different ? Which culture is nearest of yours?

#2 SassyViet

SassyViet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

well, this kind of back-handed comments are present in all cultures. I can cite a few both in English and Vietnamese.

For example, many years ago, a Vietnames lady once told me I should enter a beauty contest with her daughter (who she had been touting a beauty queen), she could win the beauty queen title, and I would win the most charming title. Translated to English it still has the same bite.

A friend of mine American-born asian was once told by a white person "you speak English really well".

Or "even though he's black, he's pretty smart".

See, complements with a back-hand insult. Not intentional but still biting.

#3 jandari

jandari

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

^^^Sassy..there is something that this OP should know...being Vietnamese and all...I'm sure you will agree with me on this. This was told by one of my female viet friends...You may not know this, OP, but as to us Vietnamese, using dogs image to insult a person is extremely offensive and unforgivable, just like Westerners use ;pig's image; to dishonor someone.

#4 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

^^^Sassy..there is something that this OP should know...being Vietnamese and all...I'm sure you will agree with me on this. This was told by one of my female viet friends...You may not know this, OP, but as to us Vietnamese, using dogs image to insult a person is extremely offensive and unforgivable, just like Westerners use ;pig's image; to dishonor someone.

And what about when they call themselves as dogs?They dishonor themselves?

This is common with na , they have this too.. But it is only used to show if they don't like the person who says it. If that is someone they like, it is ok, if that is someone they don't like they take it as insult.

#5 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

blah blah

I mean english language like in english. racist ndn:s taught me english, that is what it has do to with english. Also when you translate something in english.

And no, I don't talk proper english and I am proud of it Posted Image

Edited by ~Sw33tz~, 22 February 2013 - 04:36 PM.
To comply with forum rules.

#6 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

And what about when they call themselves as dogs?They dishonor themselves?

This is common with na , they have this too.. But it is only used to show if they don't like the person who says it. If that is someone they like, it is ok, if that is someone they don't like they take it as insult.

if you ever hear a vietnamese person call themselves as dog that's when they say that they are dumb and stupid.
Another example can be when people ask you which year you are born in and you say I'm born in the dog year"
And example on when the dog word isn't used as an heavy insult is when you make fun of elder people like your aunt, then she can say "you are such a dog"

#7 SassyViet

SassyViet

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

snowQueen,

what culture are you from?

#8 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

oh and I hate your signature ... and your avatar. Just wanted to let you know while we're being "real nice and honest"

you say you're proud ... but you don't seem very likeable

I don't like you either goldencarp but instead insulting your personality and qualities i let you exist, that is my choice. Push your "manage ignore prefs" -button and write
SnowQueenOfDarkness

in the box. Therefore you don't have to read my poor english and writing anymore Posted Image it would be pleasure to me. Since you tell you hate me, why to even read my posts? Are you using me to release your anger? You can mock and abuse me in the forum just because you hate me? What about you would educate yourself in a humanity level? Also go to read what your law says about bullying, that is a crime in here.

You know we have in university level some foreigner teachers which tries to write and speak in my language and one of them does not know even after 20 years what is a difference of a garden and money.. He writes totally sh*t in my language in a university and gets paid for it. We are taughed to not wait people to learn to talk or speak our language perfectly. My dance teacher does not speak my language well either, he also is afraid to talk it. What I do I encourage him to talk and try, I tell we will find out what he means. Sometimes I have no fcn clue what he is talking about after 3 years.. And he lives in here.. We can accept failures and also our culture makes lot of fun of things just to show failing is not so serious. Try it sometime, try accepting unperfect people. Try to learn there is different people in this world Posted Image

Edited by SnowQueenOfDarkness, 22 February 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#9 Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hot*Treasure*in*the*Snow

Hungry Vampire <3

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I think you will discover that we are not annoyed at people who struggle with poor English because it is a second or third language - there are MANY on this forum and they do not get the reaction you just got.

We are annoyed at your attitude about being proud of doing something badly

Yes you indeed are annoyed because I cannot write or speak fluent english. You also are my hater from long back then so your attacking is personal.

I am proud of EVERY word I write in english because I don't let mockers like you to stop me trying -got it? I am a proud broken english speaker Posted Image and I don't quit writing and speaking.

Edited by ~Sw33tz~, 22 February 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#10 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

I don't like you either goldencarp but instead insulting your personality and qualities i let you exist, that is my choice. Push your "manage ignore prefs" -button and write
SnowQueenOfDarkness

in the box. Therefore you don't have to read my poor english and writing anymore Posted Image it would be pleasure to me. Since you tell you hate me, why to even read my posts? Are you using me to release your anger? You can mock and abuse me in the forum just because you hate me? What about you would educate yourself in a humanity level? Also go to read what your law says about bullying, that is a crime in here.

listen here, I'm just giving you an opinion. Jee, I'm sorry not everyone has something nice to say about you

Suppose I give you benefit of the doubt ...

and maybe you don't mean to be ... but I think you have "a hard time understanding
WHAT WE ARE SAYING IN ENGLISH TO YOU ... WE ARE TRYING TO COMMUNICATE
IN ENGLISH TO YOU AND YOU DON'T ALWAYS SEEM TO UNDERSTAND ... WE
SAY SOMETHING AND YOU SAY ANOTHER ...

you keep thinking it's culture but it's PROBABLY not ... and IF it is culture ... it seems "very sort of strange sometimes"

I CAN understand some things you say ...

Edited by ~Sw33tz~, 22 February 2013 - 04:45 PM.

#11 Goldencarp

Goldencarp

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I am proud of EVERY word I write in english because I don't let mockers like you to stop me trying -got it? I am a proud broken english speaker Posted Image and I don't quit writing and speaking just because of bad apples like you.

you can say "(maybe) I am not that good at English" even though you may think you are okay ...

but no one ever says "I am a proud broken english speaker" even though you know what it means

no one ...

Edited by ~Sw33tz~, 22 February 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#12 ~Sw33tz~

~Sw33tz~

♥ing Jaejae

• Forum Masters
  • 4374 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Mod Break

Look guys, you all know what this Mod Break is for. I am sure you have seen your posts edited and deleted to ensure that forum rules are met. I don't know what is going on between you guys, all I ask for is to just stop attacking each other. It is never ending. If you guys need somewhere to attack and vent at each other, please find somewhere else to do that in private, at least then

1) You guys can pull the hair out of each other and it doesn't matter AF Mods
2) You can actually vent and agree with each other and hi5 each other without the fear of me editing your posts.

Email/PM/Skype anything but having them in AF. If this behaviour continues, I WILL be issuing warning points and may potentially disable your posting rights so you all can just calm down.

#13 deedee1

deedee1

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

......interrupt your meal.