AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

AsianFanatics featured in Mainland news article!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4801 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

WOW, WE’RE FAMOUS!

…..ok, not really ‘famous’ per say….BUT ‘known’ enough to have caught the attention of a Mainland China news outlet and have an article written about us that was circulated on Weibo! Only thing is – well, the article has a lot of inaccuracies in it. Therefore, just to make sure people who are not familiar with AF don’t get the wrong idea after reading the article, we would like to clarify a few things:

1) We DO NOT translate TV series.
The article inaccurately states that the main function of our site is to ‘translate’ Chinese TV series into English for overseas viewers. Obviously, this is not what we do at all. Instead, we provide a platform for fans of Chinese TV series to discuss various aspects of currently airing series (as well as older series) and interact with other members who perhaps share the same interest in those series. Strictly speaking, we are a ‘discussion forum’, not a ‘TV series translation group’.

2) Our site does NOT just focus primarily on Chinese TV series and movies.
Due to the source of this article being from a Mainland China media outlet, there is a misconception that we only focus on Chinese TV programs and movies (more specifically on ‘costume dramas). In reality, our ‘focus’ as a discussion forum is actually quite varied, as there are threads/topics related to different forms of entertainment (i.e. television, movies, music, etc.) from different Asian countries (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mainland China, Korea, Japan, etc.) – including a forum for entertainment news as well as subforums for individual series. In addition, for those who may not be interested in Asian entertainment, there are also other non-entertainment sub-forums and topics available as well (including non-entertainment news, advice threads, chat threads, etc.). Hopefully, everyone who visits our site is able to find something that interests them.

3) Our site doesn’t just cater to ‘Westerners’
Contrary to what is stated in the article, our members actually hail from different regions around the world, not just from ‘Western’ regions such as Europe and North America. In fact, many of our members are actually from countries in the Asia and Pacific region.

.****.

Those who are interested can read the actual article here (the article is written in Simplified Chinese – only the title of the article is translated into English): “Chinese TV Series Translation Group Unmasked: Westerners Love Watching Costume Dramas the Most”

#2 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

WHAT! AF is about everything, how did they come to a conclusion that this site is mainly about Chinese series etc...? and haha....I have seen people try to translate to us what different episode in a series is about but not that people translate a whole episode haha...This made me laugh.

Edited by Vi Linh, 17 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#3 ★cinnamon_coffee

★cinnamon_coffee

我相信

• Forum Seniors
  • 1407 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Oh my, journalist's inaccuracy again.... what a simplified view of AF! Obviously the writer hasn't looked around much, they would spot a lot of Asian members, too! I'd even say there are more Asian than Western members here.

#4 JenTOP.ForeveR

JenTOP.ForeveR

BigBangisForever@wordpress

• Forum Masters
  • 11136 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

AF is famous, period.Posted Image

despite its inaccuracies, i'm still proud knowing that even the popular news media visits here. people would eventually realize what AF really is once they come here anyway :D

#5 red_diamond

red_diamond

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

yayyyy Congrats^^Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image