AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Beyoncé on lip-synching controversy: 'I sang over pre-recorded track'

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 sChiZoO14

sChiZoO14

►DMJ♥CSY◄

• News Crew
  • 38043 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Beyoncé launched into an impromptu performance of the national anthem at her Super Bowl press conference today (January 31).

As the 31-year-old walked on stage for the media event, she asked the assembled journalists to stand, before performing a live rendition of 'The Star-Spangled Banner'. Upon finishing the song, she simply asked: "Any questions?"

The move was a clear attempt to silence her doubters, after it was reported that she lip-synched her performance at President Obama's inauguration.

When asked about the controversy, the 'Countdown' singer admitted that she sung over a backing track at the presidential ceremony but defended her decision.

"I am a perfectionist," she explained. "I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra [at the inauguration]. It was a live television show and a very important moment for me.

"Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper sound check, I did not feel comfortable taking the risk... so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track, which is very common in the music industry. And I'm very proud of my performance."

When asked if she planned to sing live at her Super Bowl half-time show, she replied: "I always sing live."

Digital Spy

#2 xxMiya

xxMiya

NOT YET

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4818 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

^When you lip sync, no sound comes out of your mouth. When you sing over a pre-recorded track, you're still singing live, but in the case where you make a mistake, you have the track to back you up.

It's like 50% live? lol.

I prefer 100% live even if it sounds bad, but eh... things happen. As long as she's not doing it all the time, then it's okay.

#3 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

And I'm very proud of my performance

I guess shes "very proud" of her performance during the studio recording session lol seeing she only mimed the song during the most important time....

If people are very talented singers, they wouldnt need to lip sync or use other stuff like auto tuning.

Also another excuse was she didnt have any time to practice, she doesnt know how to sing the national anthem?

If people think its fine to lip sync for live performances when their routine doesnt involve dancing, then Beyonce should have sat down and enjoyed her recording played back from the speakers, theres no difference appart from the pretending to sing bit....

Edited by Anime_X, 01 February 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#4 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Other times she may have gotten away with it but this, sorry should have sang live, I rather she sang off tune than lip synched!Posted Image

#5 Anime_X

Anime_X

Coke Addict, mmm Coca Cola

• Forum Crew
  • 3280 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

but that is CHEATING!!!

Yeah I agree lol... Well in a way it could be seen as fraud because people are not getting what they expected to get... People who attended the event were thinking they get to hear Beyonce sing live in front of them, but in reality Beyonce didnt sing live and she pretended to sing and the people were made to think beyonce sang live for them! Did Obama think Beyonce was singing live? lol....

#6 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4993 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Other times she may have gotten away with it but this, sorry should have sang live, I rather she sang off tune than lip synched!Posted Image

Exactly, a President Inauguration event is a live historic event not an entertainment event. The swearing in of a president into his 2 term presidency is history in the making in real time. Beyonce not singing the national anthem live is totally unacceptable and incomprehensible to me, even thought I do understand she wanted her singing to be perfect, but her so called 'perfection' is fake and meaningless as it was sterile and dishonest.

Me too, I would rather she sing off tune with heart and pride in being an American than lip-synced perfectly. She's a renowned singer so have some confidence in her singing under any circumstances.

Edited by tamaya, 03 February 2013 - 01:37 AM.

#7 dramalala

dramalala

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

bad move