AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

GEM & Jenny Tseng Clearly Still on Bad Terms, Jenny: "She Apologized?"

hong kong gem tang

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36390 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

GEM & Jenny Tseng Clearly Still on Bad Terms, Jenny: "She Apologized?"
Monday January 21, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image Posted Image

The two singers of different generations Jenny Tseng (Yan Nei) and G.E.M. were still unable to break the ice at last night's RTHK Music Awards. The two said they didn't encounter each other at the awards, but it was said when Jenny was on the side of the stage waiting to walk out, GEM was standing nearby 10 steps away, but the two still acted like the other is invisible. No wonder Jenny continued to bash GEM on stage, "A singer should be self-cultivated. Don't act arrogant."

When Jenny accepted an interview, she was asked if saw GEM? Jenny said: "Nope. (GEM invited you to attend her concert, will you go?) If the time is right, why not!" Earlier, GEM apologized to Jenny via Weibo, but Jenny criticized: "Oh…..she apologized? (GEM explained on Weibo she saw you chatting with friends that day, so she didn't want to disturb you.) We were in the same line for a long time, I wasn't being interviewed, but that is the past and not a big deal. I don't understand why this issue has been so exaggerated, very surprising."

Jenny frankly expressed she just wanted everyone to learn and have self-cultivation on how to get along with others. Self-cultivation and good singing voice are the key to being a successful artist. She's just trying to 'put money in everyone's pockets' (give advice): "I didn't tell a single lie. I can't even say her three character Chinese name, there is no need to be directing towards anybody. I also have a concert soon, and I don't want people to think I'm trying to get publicity. I just hope you all go easy and help me, help others."

GEM expressed she was already mentally prepared and imagined if she were to see Jenny, would she say hi, shake her hand or give her a hug. However, she and Jenny never met backstage. Jenny disclosed that day, GEM actually had more than enough time to go greet her, but she didn't? GEM helplessly said: "In my memory, there wasn't this opportunity. (This time, you missed the opportunity to break the ice with this senior?) Leave it to nature, I feel very pressured!"

#2 GQKeVyn

GQKeVyn

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

she's surprised that this issue is being dragged when she made comments like that on stage? Jenny Tseng may be a good singer but she is obviously a diva. So somebody didn't say hi to you, big deal? You might have seen her and expected her to come up and kiss your ass but maybe she didn't want to disturb you. I don' like GEM, I think she's fake, but I do think Jenny's being a plain b*tch now. Self-cultivation? you obviously can't practice what you preach.

#3 dingbat22

dingbat22

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

The more I read about this news, the more I see Jenny in the wrong. She is truly a DIVA. Perhaps GEM finds Jenny very intimidating and hasn't got the courage to greet her due to Jenny looking all standoffish. The more this news carries on the more Jenny will be seen as the one with the problem.

#4 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Ok this whole situation looks like a me me me situation, like I'm the one who is right I didn't do anything wrong.

#5 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6214 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Took me really long to figure out who this woman is. Gosh this whole article made her sound like a very petty person! I never ever felt that G.E.M. is arrogant. From her videos on her youtube channel, she comes off as someone very down to earth. Just because she made a video about some music awards it makes her arrogant?.. OK then I guess all the others who have made comments before are equally arrogant... or maybe not so.. since they are seniors themselves so they are excused *rolls eyes*

Edited by SoulReaper, 22 January 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#6 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Well Jenny haven't had news for a long time and I guess this is making her in the limelight again LOL

Just cos shes a veteran, her words doesn't make her none the wiserPosted Image

#7 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6932 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

So a being a long timer means you can bash ppl on stage

You are old enough to know that bashing on stage is just going to hurt the singer, so dont do it

But she doesnt seem to understand

#8 The Yen Man

The Yen Man

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Lol, Yan Nei telling others not to be arrogant, that's rich. Maybe she should follow her own advice there.

#9 llwy12

llwy12

AF Translator

• Global Ministers
  • 4707 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

The lesson learned here: 'veterans' especially have to be careful what they say and how they say it because the position they are in will have a huge bearing on how people will respond (both in the industry and outside of it). True, Jenny might not be wrong about certain artists being rude and of course she has the right to express her opinon, but the way she said it and the subsequent way she handled the matter makes it hard for people to support her sentiment. I personally like and respect Jenny for her singing skill / talent, but when it comes to her 'out there' personality and the stuff she says -- well, thanks but no thanks!

Case in point -- compare Jacky Cheung's response about the GEM 'rudeness' situation to Jenny Tseng's response and you'll see why one is truly the industry's revered and respected God of Songs while the other is merely an attention-seeking 'has-been' Diva (at least that's the way the Media portrayed it).