AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Mary Hon Named "The Most Heartless Mother"

hong kong mary hon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36830 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

Mary Hon Named "The Most Heartless Mother"
Sunday January 20, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily, Yang Cheng Evening News
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

Posted Image

Recently, veteran actress Mary Hon's popularity has been on the rise. She is practically seen in every TVB series. The audience really have to have good eyes to be able to distinguish which series is which.

A Netizen posted screen captures of all the series in which Mary Hon has been a mother abandoning her children. She was named the "Most Heartless Mother" -- Sam Tong (Francis Ng) in Triumph in the Skies, Ken Ma (Joe Ma) in Vigilante Force, Tong Tong (Kate Tsui) in Speech of Silence, Yu Jai (Tavia Yeung) in The Hippocratic Crush, and the latest being See Hing (Jason Chan) in Missing You and Kam Bo Tei (Sammy Leung) in Friendly Fire.

[Excerpt from an article by Yang Cheng Evening News] In a Mainland interview, the reporter mentioned Mary has been acting for many years and portrayed so many different characters, sometimes the roles get repetitive. Mary was asked whether she had a time where she felt exhausted? She said: "I've been with TVB for so many years, and have tried every type of role, such as a drug user, a vegetable lady, a rich wife and other villain roles… of course there will be a bottleneck period. I would think, why am I portraying the same role over and over again? Is it because I can only portray one type of role? But even if the roles are the same, there are still differences. For example, a mother reuniting with her son. One mother is a judge, and the other mother is an Alzheimer's patient. The performance is definitely different. It is the artist's responsibility to let the audience see the differences in each role." The next question was whether Mary ever thought of leaving TVB? She said: "I'm getting older, so I place heavy emphasis on friendship/relationship. I've been with TVB for so many years and they have treated me well. Damian Lau greatly influenced me on this aspect, he said I grew up in TVB and when TVB is a crisis, I should stay in the battlefield and help them fight. This is very reasonable."

#2 palmon

palmon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

I wonder who TVB will make as their next 'Heartless Mother' if it turns out that Mary Hon is leaving TVB. Posted Image

#3 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

Mary Hon leaving?=O ohh, but I love her so much! Poor Lady been called heartless.

#4 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

The next question was whether Mary ever thought of leaving TVB? She said: "I'm getting older, so I place heavy emphasis on friendship/relationship. I've been with TVB for so many years and they have treated me well. Damian Lau greatly influenced me on this aspect, he said I grew up in TVB and when TVB is a crisis, I should stay in the battlefield and help them fight. This is very reasonable

Plz leave ASAP! Mary you are better without TVB, Damian left himself so who is he to speak abt this matter.
Mary if you stay in the battlefield you will be sacrificed Posted Image TVB know they don't stand a chance against the others in terms of quality, originality etc and that's why they are so afraid of competition. HKers can't stop watching TVB series bc they have become stupid after watching too much TVB series Posted Image so glad I quit just in time before being completely brainwashed Posted Image

Even if TVB wins the battle those who fought the battle won't get any rewards, but will be sent to Antarctica.

#5 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

^ maybe no one else is offering her better options so shes riding it out?

Not a title you would be proud of Posted Image

#6 sionteh

sionteh

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

she is a good veteran actress and i m sure that she has other offers, probably just hard to make a change since she really has been there most of her life (20s to 60s Posted Image)

#7 hyori

hyori

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Wow, what a good generalization you place on people from Hong Kong. Feel better much? Where's the proof that Damian left himself?

Plz leave ASAP! Mary you are better without TVB, Damian left himself so who is he to speak abt this matter.
Mary if you stay in the battlefield you will be sacrificed Posted Image TVB know they don't stand a chance against the others in terms of quality, originality etc and that's why they are so afraid of competition. HKers can't stop watching TVB series bc they have become stupid after watching too much TVB series Posted Image so glad I quit just in time before being completely brainwashed Posted Image

Even if TVB wins the battle those who fought the battle won't get any rewards, but will be sent to Antarctica.

#8 kennethma.forever

kennethma.forever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Nope, Damien did not leave his 'nest'. He'll be back filming when he is required to.

#9 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Wow, what a good generalization you place on people from Hong Kong. Feel better much? Where's the proof that Damian left himself?

Yeah I was feeling Posted Image until you burst my bubble, LOL

Nope, Damien did not leave his 'nest'. He'll be back filming when he is required to.

Damien has been away from TVB e.g filming in mainland and even for ATV. What I meant is that he shouldn't talk abt loyalty, when he obviously has an open relationship with TVB whereas Mary has an exclusive one.

#10 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

I wonder if Mary got any offers from the new company or China?? I just rewatched God of Sabre 79 with Mary and Damian. They are truly long time friends and glad they still are all these years. TVB is losing so many celebs lately... I wonder if they can survive when CTI and Now TV starts to release their series??

#11 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

I wonder if Mary got any offers from the new company or China?? I just rewatched God of Sabre 79 with Mary and Damian. They are truly long time friends and glad they still are all these years. TVB is losing so many celebs lately... I wonder if they can survive when CTI and Now TV starts to release their series??

Ricky Wong love those green leaves bc he know how valuable they are. Green leaves can make a series look decent even with leads that are totally rubbish.

#12 agnes tan agnes

agnes tan agnes

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

she is one of the best veteran actress in TVB, hope TVB appreciate her.

#13 jolieann

jolieann

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Is it because I can only portray one type of role? But even if the roles are the same, there are still differences. For example, a mother reuniting with her son. One mother is a judge, and the other mother is an Alzheimer's patient. The performance is definitely different. It is the artist's responsibility to let the audience see the differences in each role."

I have read other actors/actress saying the same.Unfortunately, there are many judgemental people who castigate actors/actress as having no talent or no improvements if they played similar roles.

Edited by jolieann, 23 January 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#14 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6214 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

It's a little unfair to label her as the most heartless mother lol.. but I have to say she indeed is 'heartless' - all the roles she had tend to make you despise her characters, and that also means she's good at portraying them.

#15 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

I actually enjoy her "mother" roles.