AF needs funding again

Photo
- - - - -

Linda Chung to hold Concert in March, Forms a "Miss Virgin" Girl Band

hong kong linda chung fala chen kate tsui myolie wu nancy wu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 foreverleila

foreverleila

Super Poster

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36130 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Linda Chung to hold Concert in March, Forms a "Miss Virgin" Girl Band
Wednesday January 9, 2013 Hong Kong
Source: FACE Magazine, Credit: HKChannel
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net

28 year old Linda Chung (Linda BB) just released her fourth album and exposed she really wants to hold her very own concert. Linda expressed the best place to hold her concert would be at Star Hall because the venue is just the right size, not too big, not too small and she can have close interaction with fans. It was understood, Linda has been actively training her voice in preparation for her debut concert in March. She also requested the CEO of her record company "Star Shine", Herman Ho, to form a band with 4 other "TVB Virgins" -- Leanne Li, Grace Wong, Christine Kuo and Eliza Sam.

According to an insider: "Linda really wants to hold her own concert and has asked her record company several times. Herman promised to help her make it happen and now that she has time, she would rather sleep less and spend more time out jogging to prepare for her March concert."

Miss Virgin

Linda BB wants a concert, of course she has to call all her "Virgin sisters" out to support her. Christine exposed she hopes to advance into the music scene as the group 'Miss Virgin', she said: "I want to be part of a band with Linda, Leanne, Grace and Eliza. Leanne can play the guitar, I know how to play an electric violin, Grace can sing and dance. We can even ask Wong Cho Lam to write some songs for us!" Princess Heung Heung (Eliza) immediately echoed Christine: "I listened to Spice Girls when I was young and had this dream too. There are so many people in TVB, we can really form a girl band."

Christine and Eliza are ready, but Linda's boss Herman is treating this as a secret weapon, "Everything has to wait until Linda finishes shooting her series in February. We haven't decided on the costumes or the details yet and we aren't sure whether we'll be able to invite the other female artists to be the guest performers. I'm still working on the schedules with TVB now and hope to make this concert happen this year!" Linda BB voiced she wanted a concert, her loving boss Herman went out in turbo to make it work for her.

A Fast Moving FaDan

Linda released 4 albums and this year she already has the opportunity to hold her own concert. Compared to the other first line TVB FaDans, such as Fala Chen and Kate Tsui, their music career just ended after 1 album. Looks like same people, but different lives.

Fala Chen - Her 'husband' is "Neway Prince" Sit Sai Hang, but Fala waited two years before she had the chance to release her debut album. Unfortunately, not even 1,000 copies were sold. Her contract with Star Shine ended not long ago.

Kate Tsui - Released her first EP Kiss Me Kate in 2009, selling her sexiness and got several newcomer awards. She actually had a chance to get somewhere in music, but unfortunately her record company "Asia Vigour" went out of business after 10 years in the industry. Kate pitifully became an "1 album" singer.

Myolie Wu - She signed on with Neway Star in 2008, her debut album was Evolve and Mark Lui complimented her singing. In 2009, she released another EP Loveholic and held a mini concert, but most of her songs were TV series theme songs. This year, she concentrated more on China dramas.

Nancy Wu - Although she's not a first line TVB FaDan, she participated in the New Talent Singing Contest in 1999 along with Jade Kwan and Deep Ng. Earlier she sang her first song with TV King Wayne Lai, the sub theme to TVB series The Confidant. Fans praised her good singing and she made it clear she wanted to earn extra income with Wayne through stage performances.

#2 malmal

malmal

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Please please please ...shut up...we all know non of them are virgin....please shut up

#3 kennethma.forever

kennethma.forever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

^you dont know for sure either.

#4 Tumby_tum

Tumby_tum

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

please... why need to use 'Virgin' to attract attention? Who cares? Anyway, Christine singing? Please... she can't even speak Cantonese correctly.. how can she sing?

#5 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Please please please ...shut up...we all know non of them are virgin....please shut up

They are all Christian so lying + sex before marriage = one way ticket to hell. Therefore they must speak the truth or perhaps they blv in their minds to be virgins and are therefore virgins Posted Image

What's up with the BB and goddess titles it's kind of lame.

So the group will be called "TVB virgins", "Miss Virgin" or "Virgin gals" hahaha

I like Linda but seriously she should find herself pro dancers/singers instead and they can't speak canto properly. TVB is poisoning Linda making her stupid Posted Image

#6 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4988 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Cringed at reading "TVB Virgins" girl band! Posted Image

Yeah, what's with calling Linda, Linda BB or goddess (nui san) Linda?
How did that BB come about? I was like Posted Image when I read fans calling her Kayan BB!

As usual, tabloids stepped on others to elevate another.

#7 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Oh I believe they are virgins until someone comes out and says "Oh she was mine" LOOOOOOOL

A virgin band? I will either be cringing or laughing at their performance either way it will make good entertainmentPosted Image

#8 Auramoon

Auramoon

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I rolled my eyes as I read the article. Man they will be laughing stocks. I can see it now.

#9 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

..::♥ Cutie ♥::..

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12362 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

With Linda's live singing, the concert will be fun :D.

#10 kennethma.forever

kennethma.forever

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Horrible name, no doubt. But Grace suggested changing the band name to "nui san" instead.

#11 Kim4ever

Kim4ever

✰★ 咸濕婆 ★✰

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14224 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

^ Calling them goddesses, pfft unless they sound heavenly forget about it! Thats even worst than calling them "Miss Virgin" Posted Image

Edited by Kim4ever, 10 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#12 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Horrible name, no doubt. But Grace suggested changing the band name to "nui san" instead.

I suggest "CBC Aliens" Posted Image

#13 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Oh gosh, I doubt that any of them are virgins. They are hypocrites that are lying to their teeth and are buying themselves a ticket to hell as exiodus said... What is up with TVB and rape scenes and now many of them promoting their virginity?? Doesn't that sound contradictory????

#14 Linnh

Linnh

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1783 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Why Are they Even calling the band this? And when it comes out that nune of them are virgin then they will so get bashed on!

#15 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Oh gosh, I doubt that any of them are virgins. They are hypocrites that are lying to their teeth and are buying themselves a ticket to hell as exiodus said... What is up with TVB and rape scenes and now many of them promoting their virginity?? Doesn't that sound contradictory????

Not really the rape scenes will attract viewers at least that's what TVB thinks and on the other hand sell the rare TVB virgins Posted Image at a high price.
Hope it was not Linda's idea otherwise I suppose working at TVB also make a person lose brain cells, LOL

#16 dingbat22

dingbat22

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Virgin sisters.....lol Why can't they just call themselves Pageant girls after all that's what all of them are.

Edited by dingbat22, 11 January 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#17 xxMiya

xxMiya

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4740 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I don't think Linda is a bad live singer, but I have absolutely no interest in this band. Probably not a good idea to form it anyway... the media will probably go out of their way to prove that some of these girls aren't virgins Posted Image

Yeah, what's with calling Linda, Linda BB or goddess (nui san) Linda?
How did that BB come about? I was like Posted Image when I read fans calling her Kayan BB!

Lots of people call their idols BB, but this is the first time I've heard someone refer to a HK artist as XX BB Posted Image

#18 strawberry shortcake

strawberry shortcake

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Virgin sisters.....lol Why can't they just call themselves Pageant girls after all that's what all of them are.

Yeah this sounds like a much better name and something less likely to be bashed for because like you said, they really are pageant girls!

Yes this whole virgin thing is just annoying, probably hypocritical, and constantly bringing up an unnecessary discussion. I also find it strange that the rape scenes and virgin talks have topped discussions lately. I also hope Linda wasn't the one who came up with this. She's usually so low key, why get involved in this never-ending topic which likely won't have a happy ending (ex. the possibility of being exposed, criticized, etc.).

#19 amebabame

amebabame

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

i dont like christine kuo eww

#20 HeTieShou

HeTieShou

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1934 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Not really the rape scenes will attract viewers at least that's what TVB thinks and on the other hand sell the rare TVB virgins Posted Image at a high price.
Hope it was not Linda's idea otherwise I suppose working at TVB also make a person lose brain cells, LOL

I agree with you and well said. I think TVB is so desperate that they are willing to do anything to gain back their popularity and viewership. But sadly those are now the old days...TVB is probably brainwashing everyone... sigh... Oh no, I am getting nostalgic again...

Edited by HeTieShou, 11 January 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#21 uptowngirl

uptowngirl

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Well the quality has been dropping since mid 2000s...now anyone can open a concert

#22 UniversalSR

UniversalSR

Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6932 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I think she meant it as a joke anyway

But a band with them, that going to be stupid

#23 s a r a h

s a r a h

我的白馬王子

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3689 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I, for sure wont be the ones going to watch this

#24 wubbies

wubbies

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

i anticipate future leaked photos loool

#25 machwnor

machwnor

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

forming a girl band is no problem, but "Miss Virgin" Girl Band...better think of a new name lolz

#26 autumnleaves8

autumnleaves8

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Can Christine or Eliza even sing? O_o

#27 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12362 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Can Christine or Eliza even sing? O_o

Among the 5 of "Virgin band", Grace and Leanne can dance for sure, especially Grace. However their singing, uhm... Linda is same to them. For Christine and Eliza, I dun think Christine can dance :P. So I guess the Virgin band will stand and do cute gestures, or telling ppl how to keep the virginity. Watever, I'm having my popcorn here to watch for the funs.

#28 dingbat22

dingbat22

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Among the 5 of "Virgin band", Grace and Leanne can dance for sure, especially Grace. However their singing, uhm... Linda is same to them. For Christine and Eliza, I dun think Christine can dance Posted Image. So I guess the Virgin band will stand and do cute gestures, or telling ppl how to keep the virginity. Watever, I'm having my popcorn here to watch for the funs.

Probably be like the Japanese girl band Perfume, plenty of cute hand gestures and autotune.

#29 Meow ♡

Meow ♡

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

No one cares if you'r a virgin or not. Well maybe some does but I don't. Most of these "virgin" girls come off as fake to me. And Linda's little miss innocent image is getting boring.

#30 ladyhawke

ladyhawke

faq.asianfanatics.net

• AF-newbie
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Whoever started this about virgins, virginity and etc is getting out of hand. Was the whole virgin thing misinterpretted by the reporters? Either way week after week hundreds of millions of people read these news so won't it be shameful if its all lies...hahaha

ladyhawke

#31 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

This is all part of TVB's evil plan i.e using Linda BB in order to promote the KLFs that can't speak proper canto into the music industry!

"Linda BB" is so Posted Image I just needed to confirm it myself Posted Image

#32 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4988 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Linda herself also used Linda BB on herself.

#33 BeInspired

BeInspired

-{Life is your melody}-

• Forum Seniors
  • 6210 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

I would gladly pay to watch a Linda's concert rather than her 'band' - especially when I'm not interested in the rest of them.

#34 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Linda herself also used Linda BB on herself.

Really? That's kind of weird Posted Image
Just can't stop Posted Image at the BB and "nui san" terms, haha

#35 Moonlight_Harmony

Moonlight_Harmony

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I suggest "CBC Aliens" Posted Image

Unfortunately, Grace Wong is not a CBC. She's an ABC, she grew up in the US. "North American Aliens" would be better, for Grace's sake.

So ASSUMING that they are all virgins, what's going to happen when one of them get married and is no longer a virgin? Grace is the youngest at 26 and the rest are older and they may get married soon, like within the next 3 years and will no longer be a virgin. So they each get kicked of the band when they get married? What's the point of a band if they are going to be kicking out band members within 3 years.

Edited by Moonlight_Harmony, 12 January 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#36 exoidus

exoidus

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Unfortunately, Grace Wong is not a CBC. She's an ABC, she grew up in the US. "North American Aliens" would be better, for Grace's sake.

So ASSUMING that they are all virgins, what's going to happen when one of them get married and is no longer a virgin? Grace is the youngest at 26 and the rest are older and they may get married soon, like within the next 3 years and will no longer be a virgin. So they each get kicked of the band when they get married? What's the point of a band if they are going to be kicking out band members within 3 years.

Hey you don't burst my bubble Posted Image

What matter is now and not in 3 yrs i.e selling alot of tickets = cash money Posted Image . Who says they can't be virgins after they get married? If they blv they are virgins then virgins they shall be Posted Image

This group won't last long besides they can always change it into "desperate housewives" or "No Virgins" later on Posted Image

#37 selliesellie

selliesellie

Asian Fanatic

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

what's with linda and her using this 'linda BB' on herself? getting tired of her extremely innocent image.

#38 tamaya

tamaya

Asian Fanatic

• AF supporter
  • 4988 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Linda's manufactured pure (yuk nui) image (by tvb and media) and now, her nickname Kayan BB made me cringe. Her pure image had helped her career but now it's going to hinder her progress as a mature actress.

#39 ~ ♥ Malec ~

~ ♥ Malec ~

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12362 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Her pure image had helped her career but now it's going to hinder her progress as a mature actress.

Of course she won't mind to keep the yuk lui image with her forever or care to become a mature actress until 40 :D.

Btw, the nickname Kayan BB is actually ok, better than something Princess or blah blah.

#40 0ocluelesso0

0ocluelesso0

faq.asianfanatics.net

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

i just wanna say something.. im not a christian but i know people that are and who say they cant lies?? they still lies too..so im doubting christian kuo or others r virgin..maybe they are and maybe they not..they are the person know themselve.. also i really dislike the name of their bandd...sound so ewww and blahhhh....